Options

Join a world filled with assassins... Assassins Ball at PAX East 2014!

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Renneesme wrote: »
    Final minutes! Woot!
    Woot indeed! :smiley:
    Do you try to balance the teams? Or is it possible that one has 80 and another has 0?
    Each player picks their own faction so it could be unbalanced, but it usually works out to be fairly balanced. I have not gone through the surveys yet (they are still coming in) to see if that's still true though.
    aikoe wrote: »
    Is there a final count? ~100?
    We're around 88 right now, but I'll be selling kits for about a week more and will have some during the show. If anyone missed the kickstarter and are interested in getting a kit, PM me.
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I forgot. :-\
    I can't believe I forgot. I was gonna get one for me and one for my brother-in-law. It was fun last year the day or two we played. Sadness.
    No worries, PM'd you with how to get some kits.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I forgot. :-\

I can't believe I forgot. I was gonna get one for me and one for my brother-in-law. It was fun last year the day or two we played. Sadness.

@Marschelios had said after the kickstarter finished there would be other ways to get the kits, but I would double confirm with him.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Already taken care of, @EchoZero. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    annarchyjaneannarchyjane Registered User regular
    I'm happy to report that Faction selection within my group of friends is creating chaos and discontent and emails that include "I cannot cavort with the enemy" and "you're not a Sparkly Pony and therefore are dead to me". It's a beautiful thing :)

With fingernails that shine like justice / and a voice that is dark like tinted glass
    She is fast and thorough / and sharp as a tack
    She's touring the facility / and picking up slack
  • Options
    I'm happy to report that Faction selection within my group of friends is creating chaos and discontent and emails that include "I cannot cavort with the enemy" and "you're not a Sparkly Pony and therefore are dead to me". It's a beautiful thing :)
    Lol that is beautiful!

• Options
    RenneesmeRenneesme Registered User regular
    My boyfriend and I are gonna be some bamf robot ninjas!

3DS FC: 4382-3356-7103
  • Options
    TheChillestPenguinTheChillestPenguin Registered User regular
    Is there anyway I can still buy a ticket?

• Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

This was answered about six posts up...

aikoe on
    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PM'd you. :)

Anyone who backed the kickstarter (and responded to the backer survey) or paid through other means has their kits in the mail. Please let me know as you get them! For anyone interested in playing please note Kingsport Raiders are sold out.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    PirateRejectPirateReject Registered User regular
    Awww yeah, got in as a Raider just in time! :)

• Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Any chance of a breakdown of faction populations? I'm just curious like that.

JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Here's the current counts:
    • Kingsport Raiders [34]
    • Robot Ninjas [22]
    • Varsity Dead [19]
    • Cowboy 'Verse [15]
    • Sparkly Ponies [13]

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Well if its true the missions will prefer other factions looks like I will have plenty of targets (Cowboy Verse ftw).

As a question based on the update you sent @Marschelios, since missions will be handled via the website, how will this work with the potentially horrible connection within the BCEC?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Well if its true the missions will prefer other factions looks like I will have plenty of targets (Cowboy Verse ftw).
    The missions shouldn't show a bias towards any one faction, regardless of the players within it. It's been set up to not give you a mission that targets your own faction, though this does not mean you can't do that just that you won't ever get double prestige for it.
    As a question based on the update you sent @Marschelios, since missions will be handled via the website, how will this work with the potentially horrible connection within the BCEC?
    You'll need some way to access the site to confirm a mission and receive a new one. I'm working on the android app which should make it less data intensive to do that.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    You'll need some way to access the site to confirm a mission and receive a new one. I'm working on the android app which should make it less data intensive to do that.[/quote]

What about an iOS app?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    You'll need some way to access the site to confirm a mission and receive a new one. I'm working on the android app which should make it less data intensive to do that.

What about an iOS app?
    Not for this game but I hope to have one ready for future games.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Got my stuff in the mail. Thanks, @MarsChelios‌, for the special envelope for the Pokecrawl raffle. You are the best.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Got my stuff in the mail. Thanks, @MarsChelios‌, for the special envelope for the Pokecrawl raffle. You are the best.
    Awesome! Glad to hear they are arriving!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    Nice thanks! I try and shoot for the best kill possible. I shall try and avoid killing off my team though.

Yea I was hoping you were still planning the android app. If you would like any feedback or help testing it out ahead of time, I would be happy to help, just send me a PM.

• Options
    Just got my boyfriend's and mine in the mail! Noticed that we have different colors on our badges... assuming it's so you know who your target is?

and redfield.... what do you mean about the envelope for the Pokecrawl raffle? Do I need an envelope?! AHH!

• Options
    Just got my boyfriend's and mine in the mail! Noticed that we have different colors on our badges... assuming it's so you know who your target is?

and redfield.... what do you mean about the envelope for the Pokecrawl raffle? Do I need an envelope?! AHH!

He just put the one we are raffling off at the Pokecrawl in a spiffy envelope is all. Nothing you need to worry about. Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PirateRejectPirateReject Registered User regular
    I just got mine in the mail! :D The set is just awesome, really love the quality of work.

• Options
    Yep! There are 4 different colors and 8 different shapes used on the badges. Your mission specifies a specific set of colors/shapes along with a faction, with one combination being worth more prestige than others. Here's an example of how that will look on the site.

cfhafxiqb7qa.png

Speaking of the site, I'll be turning on user registration this weekend so you can create an account and register your badge.
    I just got mine in the mail! :D The set is just awesome, really love the quality of work.
    Hooray! I'm so glad you like it!

• Options
    MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Husband and I just got yours!!! PAX is so close! I cant wait!!!!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Got mine! I was very impressed with how professional it looks. And thrilled to see there was an antelope on my envelope. :D

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MelSny wrote: »
    Husband and I just got yours!!! PAX is so close! I cant wait!!!!
    Yay!
    aikoe wrote: »
    Got mine! I was very impressed with how professional it looks. And thrilled to see there was an antelope on my envelope. :D
    Thanks! I have a lot of fun making these things look as nice as I can. Lol, I had a much better image in my head for how that would look but ended up with what I am calling a Derpalope.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    RufeRufe Chesapeake, VARegistered User regular
    Awww yisss got my Cowboy Verse set.

PAX East 2018 Checklist:[X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 4 One Day Passes [X] Badge arrival [X] Game packaging
  • Options
    KildrekKildrek Registered User regular
    Got my Robot Ninja set in the mail!

Beyond excited!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Rufe wrote: »
    Awww yisss got my Cowboy Verse set.
    Kildrek wrote: »
    Got my Robot Ninja set in the mail!
    Beyond excited!
    Great! :)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    @MarsChelios Will you be selling Assassins Ball packs on the show floor like last year? I got my PAX pass after the Kickstarter ended but I still want to join in the fun.

Thanks!

TheGameGuru on
  • Options
    @MarsChelios Will you be selling Assassins Ball packs on the show floor like last year? I got my PAX pass after the Kickstarter ended but I still want to join in the fun.
    Thanks!
    Yep! I'll send you some info on where I'll be and how to get in touch shortly.

• Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Woo! Got mine in the mail today! I was starting to get worried, the envelop was a bit mangled due to an issue at the post office and "automated processing" but the kits came through fine!

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    I guess I should get on registering mine? Ha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Randomfool wrote: »
    Woo! Got mine in the mail today! I was starting to get worried, the envelop was a bit mangled due to an issue at the post office and "automated processing" but the kits came through fine!
    Great! Glad to hear they go there! :)
    I guess I should get on registering mine? Ha.
    Yep! You can now create an account on the site (http://phenixone.com) and register your badge.

• Options
    hyperflutterbyhyperflutterby Registered User new member
    I have mine! *throws glitter* You all shall be sparklies!

Question: I'm confused about if the android app is an actual app or if we should be using the website now that it is cell phone friendly. If it is an actual app, I want to get it downloaded before PAX.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I have mine! *throws glitter* You all shall be sparklies!

Question: I'm confused about if the android app is an actual app or if we should be using the website now that it is cell phone friendly. If it is an actual app, I want to get it downloaded
    before PAX.
    The app is an actual android app. It still communicates with the website but should need less data than even the mobile version of the site. It's not available for download yet but should hopefully be available soon.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that the app may not mirror every feature the website has, at least for this game. At the least it will allow you to sign in, register a badge and confirm kills.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    I assume we can't register kills until Friday? Just curious because my brother-in-law and I registered tonight and didn't see anything for it yet. Not that I am going to kill him today/tomorrow. I have to wait until we get to the convention. >:)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I assume we can't register kills until Friday? Just curious because my brother-in-law and I registered tonight and didn't see anything for it yet. Not that I am going to kill him today/tomorrow. I have to wait until we get to the convention. >:)
    Yep. The fields will appear once the game starts.

• Options
    Meow. Awesome.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ScribbledScribbled Registered User regular
    So disappointed that I didn't pay more attention to this. I just read about it and it sounds like so much fun. Oh well. There's always next year.