As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pal Community Thread 2.0 - Please read the first post :)

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Fun bit of trivia. I was adding the new pins to the spreadsheet I've been keeping, and the PAX East 10th Anniversary pin is the 89th pin officially revealed. If East has a third party pin deluge similar to Prime, it's probably going to put us into the triple digits for the first time.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    one of the few times i can use my wheelchair to my advantage ;) My brothers and I were given passes to cut to the front of any line for....handicap reasons... felt bad for using it last year...this year though...might have to take advantage of it :D

Need a pusher?

Or someone to sit on your lap to keep it warm? You know, like a companion animal, except it's me.

Sitting on your lap.

hah! nah its all electric, my brothers got passes under the guise of "carer" but really they just stood around me all day.
    The medical badge shouldn't affect the merch booth. Your assist would have to wait in line on your behalf. The purpose of the medical badge is to allow folks with medical issues to not have to stand in the queue lines for panels. They still have to show up before the line is full and have to check in with the enforcers handling said line. They then wait nearby just like everyone else, just not having to stand in the line. The med badges do not guarantee anything on the show floor. It is up to exhibitors how they handle their own lines, and the "thing to expect" would still to be to have your assist wait in line for you while you wait nearby. The folks at the PAX info booth should be able to fill you in on the exact setup.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Jesus, you guys talking about getting 4-6+ are making me feel like I'm not gonna get any :/

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    day 1 i plan on getting 10 aus sets +2 of these + trade stock of core sets

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jesus, you guys talking about getting 4-6+ are making me feel like I'm not gonna get any :/

Keep in mind they're the kind of people who would post on a forum devoted to collecting said pins.

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    this is very true also the reason i am not going to east and prime because work wont give me the time off

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    one of the few times i can use my wheelchair to my advantage ;) My brothers and I were given passes to cut to the front of any line for....handicap reasons... felt bad for using it last year...this year though...might have to take advantage of it :D

Need a pusher?

Or someone to sit on your lap to keep it warm? You know, like a companion animal, except it's me.

Sitting on your lap.

hah! nah its all electric, my brothers got passes under the guise of "carer" but really they just stood around me all day.
    The medical badge shouldn't affect the merch booth. Your assist would have to wait in line on your behalf. The purpose of the medical badge is to allow folks with medical issues to not have to stand in the queue lines for panels. They still have to show up before the line is full and have to check in with the enforcers handling said line. They then wait nearby just like everyone else, just not having to stand in the line. The med badges do not guarantee anything on the show floor. It is up to exhibitors how they handle their own lines, and the "thing to expect" would still to be to have your assist wait in line for you while you wait nearby. The folks at the PAX info booth should be able to fill you in on the exact setup.

I totally understand this and was only joking about 'abusing my privilege'. It is appreciated to have this kind of help for myself and for those who need it. I still felt a bit guilty moving to the front of lines as i am just another fan lining up like everyone else.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    as i am just another fan lining up like everyone else.

More like lining down!

876ogucw90ds.jpg

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    zerzhul wrote: »

Need a pusher?

Sitting on your lap.

I totally understand this and was only joking about 'abusing my privilege'. It is appreciated to have this kind of help for myself and for those who need it. I still felt a bit guilty moving to the front of lines as i am just another fan lining up like everyone else.
    nw, I just figured maybe nobody ever explained the procedure before.

• Options
    vid wrote: »
    Fun bit of trivia. I was adding the new pins to the spreadsheet I've been keeping, and the PAX East 10th Anniversary pin is the 89th pin officially revealed. If East has a third party pin deluge similar to Prime, it's probably going to put us into the triple digits for the first time.

i thought i was the only one!!!!!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    that makes me sad i only had 50 of them.
    dose that include multi year pins as 1 or 2

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    That is a nice looking pin. I can live without it, since I've never been to East, but damn if I don't want it.

I understand why they'd break up the pin sales over the three days, but I've never been a fan of that method. If there's more people on the first day that want a pin than the allotted amount available, it seems cruel to me to prevent them from purchasing one just to make it "fair."

In particular I'm quite curious if they're going to do the same thing the Swag Bag people did at last Prime; 3-day pass holders can only pick one up on the first day. Because the only reason to not just sell all the pins on Friday is to give people who only show up on Saturday a chance at buying one, but already we're seeing people right here in the forum saying how they're going to be getting in line both days to buy above the per person limit.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    ive been counting by year (not including year variants) number of pins released per year currently is

78 in 2013
    1 in 2014
    6 in the KI pin ultimate set

unreleased include clubPA, east 2014 set and east 10th anniversary

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    Another new pin was just announced. It is val from table titans. You can get it at the $100 tier for the volume 1 book kickstarter.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    cabbie98 wrote: »
    Another new pin was just announced. It is val from table titans. You can get it at the $100 tier for the volume 1 book kickstarter.

90 officially announced pins!

Also, OW, that's a chunk of change.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    At prime the merch booth is outside the show hall, and people could wait in line for the expo, wait in line for the lol tournament, or wait in line at the merch booth. merch line got so long that when they were set up (about a half hour before pax started) they started letting people buy stuff, the line only allowed to be as long as they marked it (about 50 people long?) and every few minutes they'd let the line fill up again. it was an odd game of musical chairs of people hovering around the line not allowed to be IN line, then people hopping into the line when they let people in.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    C'mon, people, post pics so the rest of us don't have to go hunting for them:

98c7c49df530c0c2af96c9f941e1e790_large.png?1394427239

Quite cool, but too rich for my blood. Lots of other cool stuff at the $100 tier, though. Wish I could afford it.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Kickstarter backed. I would have anyway, so this is a nice bonus. Pin, Hardcover Book, Shirt, PDF, blog content. Sounds like $100 worth of stuff.

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Geez, what an eventful day.

So I'm going to PAX East and will obviously try to get 4 for those anniversary pins. One for me, one for @El_Funko, one for @Covet, and one for... posterity? I'm going to show up early and go to the Merch table. I think it'll be fine.

I think I'm going to score that $100 pin for Table Titans too. I like the comic, and I do like pins.

• Options
    link please...

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    thanks, backed!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Okay everyone. I know we have a big pin moment going on(which I've backed also btw. :P), but I need some help finding some info for anyone who can find it. I have been searching for this while working for about 4 hours at work and I'm about to think I was crazy.

When I watched PATV, I remember an episode where they specifically went over the ping pong rules in the PA office(with challenges, how high up you can challenge, ect). I know that in the very first Ping Pong PATV they have rules, but they had one that was more in depth. I know that many of you are gurus on finding specific Strips, so hopefully someone can find the PATV I'm looking for.

Again, I know this is off topic in our moment of pin-news that has surfaced today, but I felt I needed to call on the community if ANYONE remembers. haha.

• Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    When I watched PATV, I remember an episode where they specifically went over the ping pong rules in the PA office(with challenges, how high up you can challenge, ect). I know that in the very first Ping Pong PATV they have rules, but they had one that was more in depth.

I think you may be looking for this set of episodes?

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/screenlife-part-1
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/screenlife-part-2

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    When I watched PATV, I remember an episode where they specifically went over the ping pong rules in the PA office(with challenges, how high up you can challenge, ect). I know that in the very first Ping Pong PATV they have rules, but they had one that was more in depth.

I think you may be looking for this set of episodes?

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/screenlife-part-1
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/screenlife-part-2

It wasn't in those, but re-watching those(for like the 5th time today) I realized maybe it was right before the credits of another one as they sometime do additional content right before. It is the Season 3 ArenaNet match at 13:42.

Thanks for helping Vid. :)

• Options
    Does anyone know how "limited" the table titans pin will be yet? Will it be like the DLC pin where there were 300 or will this be a give away pin later?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I messaged Toonhound Studios(I'm guessing Scott is running the account but ??) and ask them some questions about the kickstarter. I told them I would share with the community so everyone wasn't asking this.

Here is what I found out.

Q. Is this a Kickstarter Exclusive Item?
    A. Yes. Val the Bard Pinny Arcade Collector Pins will ONLY be available via this Kickstarter and at PAX East & PAX Prime (if there are any left). Considering how few we will print it's very likely that they will all be gone after PAX East.

Q. Have you already decided on the number that you are ordering or is this going to be based off of the number of people who but those tiers and then you will order? (I was assuming they had already ordered if they were planning on taking any remaining to East) If you have already ordered, and you didn't order many, I'm guessing we(the community) shouldn't expect there to be too many at PAX EAST if any?
    A.We're printing the minimum allowed amount of Pinny Arcade pins, which isn't very many. If the Kickstarter explodes we could probably talk to the PA folks and go one level up but most likely we'll get rid of a good amount here and the rest at PAX East :)

I don't know what the 'minimum allowed amount' would be for them....but it doesn't sound like many. Anything will be speculation there since they didn't say the actual number. Moral of the story though is if you want this pin you should probably get that $100 tier...

00Fayt00 on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for helping Vid. :)

No problem, sorry for steering you wrong! I've been making my way through PATV recently, having not seen most of the episodes. Haven't reached Season 3 yet, but thought you were referring to Khoo and Erika's discussion about the rankings. Glad to know that I've got more ping-pong episodes to look forward to!
    odinson83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how "limited" the table titans pin will be yet? Will it be like the DLC pin where there were 300 or will this be a give away pin later?

The DLC pin wasn't specifically limited to 300, that's just around how many people pledged at a tier that included the pin. I'd expect the Bard Rock pin to be the same, since it doesn't specify otherwise in the Kickstarter details.

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    Awesome @00Fay00. Thank you for sharing!!! Seeing how they were able to make the 300 DLC pins we can assume that that would be the minimum amount?

• Options
    This kind of makes me anxious about any possibly pins out in the wild that we don't know about! I would have found out about this one eventually, but i dont visit PVPonline as much as i do PA. There will probably be a news post about it soon, but thinking about any possible partners that have a pin available that we might miss out on is giving me night terrors DURING THE DAY.

The official pinny arcade site has only been updated to the Acquisitions Inc set. So i wonder if we could get PA to update it more frequently to keep everyone updated on what pins can be found and where.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Awesome @00Fay00. Thank you for sharing!!! Seeing how they were able to make the 300 DLC pins we can assume that that would be the minimum amount?

I dunno, the DLC pin was planned way before this thing got serious. Its entirely possible they have set a larger minimum since then.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Beker wrote: »

I dunno, the DLC pin was planned way before this thing got serious. Its entirely possible they have set a larger minimum since then.

I have no doubt at all it will be more then the DLC, but several of the Prime pins was 1K, I'd guess that is the minimum honestly.

00Fayt00 on
  • Options
    I messaged Toonhound Studios(I'm guessing Scott is running the account but ??) and ask them some questions about the kickstarter. I told them I would share with the community so everyone wasn't asking this.

Here is what I found out.

Q. Is this a Kickstarter Exclusive Item?
    A. Yes. Val the Bard Pinny Arcade Collector Pins will ONLY be available via this Kickstarter and at PAX East & PAX Prime (if there are any left). Considering how few we will print it's very likely that they will all be gone after PAX East.

Q. Have you already decided on the number that you are ordering or is this going to be based off of the number of people who but those tiers and then you will order? (I was assuming they had already ordered if they were planning on taking any remaining to East) If you have already ordered, and you didn't order many, I'm guessing we(the community) shouldn't expect there to be too many at PAX EAST if any?
    A.We're printing the minimum allowed amount of Pinny Arcade pins, which isn't very many. If the Kickstarter explodes we could probably talk to the PA folks and go one level up but most likely we'll get rid of a good amount here and the rest at PAX East :)

I don't know what the 'minimum allowed amount' would be for them....but it doesn't sound like many. Anything will be speculation there since they didn't say the actual number. Moral of the story though is if you want this pin you should probably get that $100 tier...

This is a sub-question of the set that I sent to Brian, but one that I will ask again at Snapdoodle: The minimum printing size of a Pin order.

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'd never even heard of Table Titans. I'm now completely up to date on the comics, backed above the pin tier, and making my way through 'tales from the table'.

Well played internet, you took my money again.

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    Futurama Fry "Shut up and take my money" meme was made specifically for situations like these

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    as far as ks goes i hope that pins stay at $$$ this level

• Options
    Gojira_DudeGojira_Dude Dark Lord of the Kaiju TN, USARegistered User regular
    I'm not part of a pin triad, but if anyone is willing to spend their second pin pick up on me, I'll happily exchange the equivalent Prime pin when the time comes.

Otherwise... this one is going to be tough. I hope there aren't too many people who jump on it just to sell it online.

Ditto for me too. I'm planning on attending Prime this year but I won't make it to East even though it's actually on my side of the country.

Wouldn't mind joining a triad though, if one is still open. :)

GOJIRA DUDE: ALL YOUR PINS ARE BELONG TO US.

Trade Me!!!- http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=gojira_dude
  • Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Beker wrote: »

Wasn't the number DLC pins originally based on how many people backed that level of the DLC Kickstarter? Then they added a few more to give away at PAX, and the total ended up being 300?

I think they were ready to print up as many or as little as they needed, so the minimum run for a Pinny Arcade pin probably wasn't a thing back then. I'm guessing it was having to round off to the nearest 100 to make it easy with the manufacturer, but these days there might now be a Pinny Arcade policy around minimum runs for pins.

El_Funko on
  • Options
    Surely they will decide on an amount after the kickstarter is over.

Also, if you look on the comments on the kickstarter page, they mention 'some' of the merch might go on sale separately afterwards depending on demand, so maybe pin is buyable in the future...

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Wasn't the number DLC pins originally based on how many people backed that level of the DLC Kickstarter? Then they added a few more to give away at PAX, and the total ended up being 300?

I think they were ready to print up as many or as little as they needed, so the minimum run for a Pinny Arcade pin probably wasn't a thing back then. I'm guessing it was having to round off to the nearest 100 to make it easy with the manufacturer, but these days there might now be a Pinny Arcade policy around minimum runs for pins.

Yes, I believe so. But we know very little about the back end. They may have changed suppliers, or the same supplier has a new policy/system that requires a larger minimum. It's something I will continue to ask questions about, since I am a systems/process geek and like that kind of thing (the Staff podcast where they talk about the anti-counterfeiting measures? My jam right there) but I don't know how many others are interested so I tend to keep that stuff lower priority than the rest of the Pin questions.

This discussion has been closed.