As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Is an awesome game. You should play it.

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited April 2014 in Games and Technology
Mass Effect, woo hoo ! We talk about the first three games, all DLC, multiplayer, great (and not so great) fan art, but not those creepy fan fiction threads because, ewww.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmDEXBJqeLA#t=17

Sterica on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Quads.

The tradition is unbroken.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Quads.

I was gonna be first, damn it!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is Mass Effect an awesome game? Also, should I play it?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I hear it's quite good. You should give it a try.

And thanks to Fairchild for starting the new thread. Was getting close there.

• Options
    Quads.

I was gonna be first, damn it!

The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom, you shall have your chance.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is Mass Effect an awesome game? Also, should I play it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hY8B7Gje4k

Yes. Yes is the answer.

• Options
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    I hear it's quite good. You should give it a try.

And thanks to Fairchild for starting the new thread. Was getting close there.

Cheers. It's not hard to do, just click on the "Start New Discussion" link. Geth's "probe" only takes about 30 minutes to complete, then you're good to go.

• Options
  • Options
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
  • Options

Yes, but the ending was incredibly disappointing. RUINED FOREVER.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    where is the magnificent tal op? i dont think this is the real mass effect thread without it.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    where is the magnificent tal op? i dont think this is the real mass effect thread without it.

Seriously!

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-MSuVTzsg8

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    this is probably one of my favorite images EVER

tumblr_n09qbu2NSo1svkzm0o3_1280.jpg

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    I should say that if anyone else wants to make a new thread with a more vibrant, fun-filled OP, I will certainly not be offended.

Much.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    OP should feature the best conversation in the entire trilogy, nay, any videogame ever made:

http://youtu.be/gmDEXBJqeLA

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So today I just realised that during the Reaper fight on Rannoch in ME3, you can contract the targeting reticule with multiple separate "firing" of the targeting laser - you don't have to do each hit on the Reaper in one long targeting burst.

• Options

All I can hear in my head is that "Ya. Ya. Ya. Ya" Chun li sound from Street Fighter II.

Shadow Broker fight is probably my favorite boss fight in the whole trilogy. This huuuuge hulking beast with an energy shield, and Shep's just "Like I give a fuck!" shoulder ram into fisticuffs.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

All I can hear in my head is that "Ya. Ya. Ya. Ya" Chun li sound from Street Fighter II.

Shadow Broker fight is probably my favorite boss fight in the whole trilogy. This huuuuge hulking beast with an energy shield, and Shep's just "Like I give a fuck!" shoulder ram into fisticuffs.

I'm more reminded of "Atatatatata!" from Fist of the North Star :D

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

...because that's what it says?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Does it? I can't read or speak Japanese, as in ANY Japanese. Unless it's Chinese. I don't speak Chinese either. Or read Chinese. Or whatever dialect thereof.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

Does it? I can't read or speak Japanese, as in ANY Japanese. Unless it's Chinese. I don't speak Chinese either. Or read Chinese. Or whatever dialect thereof.

Pffft.

Racist.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    You are already dead...

Shadowbroker fight is awesome, but I still prefer vanguard vs vanguard. Bitch, I can charge too!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Pffft.

Racist.

Linguist.

Mass Effect is an awesome game, I am going to play it.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Also: Am I the only one that still thinks Smashdept/Smashguard is still an amazing class?

Cause they are, yet I don't hear the god-like praise!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Smashguard doesn't let me throw biotic explosions all day long. It's a good class, it's just not for me.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    smashguard is pretty much one of the best glacier classes

you don't even have to move

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    What is a Smashguard/adept?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Cerberus vanguard or adept.

The one with Smash, Lash, and one of [Charge|Singularity]

Orca on
  • Options
    Also: Am I the only one that still thinks Smashdept/Smashguard is still an amazing class?

Cause they are, yet I don't hear the god-like praise!

I play the Smashdept quite often. I enjoy it but I'm a much bigger fan of the vanilla human adepts, mainly because I prefer Singularity->Shockwave over Singularity->Smash. And then you also get Warp as one of the nicest bonuses around.

Almost never play the Smashguard, but that's mainly because I almost never host.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    You are already dead...

Shadowbroker fight is awesome, but I still prefer vanguard vs vanguard. Bitch, I can charge too!

Vanguard vs SB is great though.

"You think you can charge? Adorable. Let me show you how a real woman does it."

• Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 1 was probably my favorite game of last generation, and one of my favorite of all time. Sadly I have not beaten the third, I should get to that.

• Options
    Actually beating ME3, that you don't want to do for the sake of all that's holy. You want to come close to beating the game, right up until you reach a certain elevator. Then stop, for pity's sake, stop.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Because you might enjoy something that the vocal hivemind has declared worse than Hitler.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    The best part of Mass Effect is that its only problems began and ended with elevators.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    A large number of (vocal?) people don't like the ending for a variety of reasons. Some good reasons, some bad reasons.

The Extended Cut has salved that wound for most however. It might not be the ending we wanted, but it's not bad.

A few brain-damaged individuals actually like the original ending over the Extended cut.
    I might be one of those brain-damaged individuals

If you have the extended cut, go ahead and finish the game. You won't regret it. Also: not making a choice is also a decision. Remember that...

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    You are already dead...

Vanguard vs SB is great though.

"You think you can charge? Adorable. Let me show you how a real woman does it."

Hmm... yeah, the vanguard fight is weird because tela just charges back and forth between set points... I'm like, yo, I'm here... you're doing it wrong.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I thought I had completed the Phaeston weapon challenge but after I got the 140K, there seems to be a seperate challenge that requires 200k.

It's a lot of points, but I've been playing mostly bronze and silvers so it means I'm still fairly competitive. And there have been a lot of new players lately so it's always nice to help them along.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hard to find a noticeable difference between the Geth Rifle, Phaeston, and Collector Rifle. All have awesome rates of fire, decent control, and the striking power of a hamster.