As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] The Clans invaded, and melted our puny IS servers.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Hmmm. How do you find the CERSL's? I keep thinking I want to put them in something, then shy away from it.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Did the clan invasions prompt anything new from the IS? Old mechs pushed back into production, new weapon systems?
    Ayup: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bushwacker
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sunder
    Among other toys that I can't remember right now.

Once the Inner Sphere gets its hands on Omnitech it starts churning out brand new designs based on said Clan tech. I don't think any new IS weapons start rolling out until the late 3050s which is when things like Medium Range Missiles make their debut. If PGI sticks to the whole timeline thing then we won't be seeing anything new for a couple years real time.

I still want an Annihilator god damnit.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they needed to roll back the timeline and keep everything 1:1. Are we really going to wait until 2019 before they add a Bushwacker? Maybe they'll add monthly Clan mechs till Christmas and announce a 305X Clanbuster Pack for summer 2015? Here's to hoping for IS Assaults that have ballistic hardpoints in more than one location.

Ehhh...keep your Bushwacker. I needs me my Uziel.

Of course, the mech I wants the most is the Nova Cat...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Hmmm. How do you find the CERSL's? I keep thinking I want to put them in something, then shy away from it.

They are amazeballs for dmg:heat ratio and dmg:ton
    5 damage, 2 heat, 0.5 ton, 180m optimal 360m max

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

They are amazeballs for dmg:heat ratio and dmg:ton
    5 damage, 2 heat, 0.5 ton, 180m optimal 360m max

Yeah, they're damage I don't actually pay attention to. They'll scoop out what's left after the SRMs and Gauss from time to time, but largely they're just there because hey damage.

Very light short IS Mlasers, basically. Awesome.

• Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Did the clan invasions prompt anything new from the IS? Old mechs pushed back into production, new weapon systems?
    Ayup: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bushwacker
    http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sunder
    Among other toys that I can't remember right now.

Once the Inner Sphere gets its hands on Omnitech it starts churning out brand new designs based on said Clan tech. I don't think any new IS weapons start rolling out until the late 3050s which is when things like Medium Range Missiles make their debut. If PGI sticks to the whole timeline thing then we won't be seeing anything new for a couple years real time.

I still want an Annihilator god damnit.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why they needed to roll back the timeline and keep everything 1:1. Are we really going to wait until 2019 before they add a Bushwacker? Maybe they'll add monthly Clan mechs till Christmas and announce a 305X Clanbuster Pack for summer 2015? Here's to hoping for IS Assaults that have ballistic hardpoints in more than one location.

Ehhh...keep your Bushwacker. I needs me my Uziel.

Of course, the mech I wants the most is the Nova Cat...

My real wish would be for them to work on more Maps and CW while the meta shakes out from the new content, buuuuuuut I'm not gonna hold my breath.

• Options
    MY real wish is knockdowns.

Please for the love of god. Please.

• Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I got to do some lunchtime playing, since the game actually works now!

I only messed around with my Summoners, but I discovered that I'm really kind of meh on them. Instead of upgrading my Nova pack to a Summoner pack, I almost wish that I would have just added in the Timber Wolf a la carte instead. :/

They sort of remind me of Thunderbolts - you can do a variety of things with them, but nothing amazing, they are just sort of there. I did use 4xCERLL on one variant, and that was pretty fun and actually put out some punishing damage, though every other build I tried with the various Summoners seemed rather unimpressive, mainly due to the hardpoint layouts. I'm having a hard time getting SRM's to work with them.

Aside from the goofy SRM30 build, even using SRM18 on the Summoner seems a bit suboptimal, because of where the missile hardpoints are located. Since you have two in each arm and one on the shoulder, if you use more than two sets their spread seems to be really wide and all over the place - I find using SRM's on the Summoner extremely inaccurate as compared to using them on a Griffin, which has a nice three-in-a-row vertical spread.

I also don't like them as a LRM-boat choice, just because Clan LRM's seem inferior to IS LRM's in general due to their ripple-fire.

I did try a Summoner with a CUAC20 and SRM12, that seemed ok but I'd have to try it again. Overall, I just don't think I like them as much as the Novas, or even the Kit Foxes (which have grown on me a bit).

There is a lot of brawling atm. I think that clan weapons actually encourage brawling, since a lot of them are essentially forms of long-cycled DOT's. I know that a lot of people are hoping that they change IS weapon mechanics to match, but I almost like the distinction of Inner Sphere autocannons firing big single shells as opposed the Clan's burst-fire cannons. I also think that the single fire cannons of the Inner Sphere help balance the fact that they don't have heavier Ultras, but does that eventually change with the timeline? I kind of wonder if instead of trying to balance Inner Sphere poptarting by making Inner Sphere brawling weapons better, if the answer could just be that Clan mechs are the counter to poptarting? This probably won't actually be the case long-term though, because a) IS mechs are in a better brawling place now themselves with the SRM fix and b) nothing stops Clan mechs from using poptart builds.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The Inner Sphere does get heavier Ultras later in the timeline. At first they only had Ultra AC/5's and LB-10X's, they get other sizes of both Ultras and LBXs in the mid-late 3050's (along with Streaks in sizes other than 2's, and ER lasers in sizes besides large).

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Unit Creation is coming up next:

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/06/887-invasion-here
    Well it has been a rapid development cycle but we now have the Clan Invasion underway. While it wasn't as smooth as we had hoped, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into getting these new 'Mechs into your hands and we already see the dynamics of gameplay changing on the battlefield. This venerable force returning to the Inner Sphere homeworlds is the biggest event to happen on the BattleTech timeline and we, at PGI, are glad to be able to bring the beginning of this experience to you.

It is now 3049 on the timeline and the remainder of this year is going to see a lot of new developments both in game and in lore. It is at key turning points like this that allow us to bring new systems on-line and address the needs of the network of features required for the upcoming Community Warfare push. We're pleased to let you know that the first module entering development is Unit Creation.

Units, being the MechWarrior Online equivalent of guilds, will be a new way for friends and like-minded players to get together in both a social and game affecting manner. Social interaction, member management, Unit ranks and specialized chat channels are some of the key features within this module. This in turn will be the gate for the bigger features of Community Warfare like faction combat, planetary control and partaking in the giant battle for the Inner Sphere.

This is a very exciting time for us as it is the first step in the even more exciting times coming in the near future. We raise our glasses to our community and supporters who have been here with us and we look forward to bringing you the content that we all want that will make MechWarrior Online the game we want it to be.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I should probably stop jump jetting and landing on top of friendly direwolves, but it's just so much fun.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    I should probably stop jump jetting and landing on top of friendly direwolves, but it's just so much fun.

Never not jump jet on Dire Wolves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I got to do some lunchtime playing, since the game actually works now!

I only messed around with my Summoners, but I discovered that I'm really kind of meh on them. Instead of upgrading my Nova pack to a Summoner pack, I almost wish that I would have just added in the Timber Wolf a la carte instead. :/

They sort of remind me of Thunderbolts

Well, they're Thunderbolts in a very handsome mirror, so...

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited June 2014

My secret worry is that it's really fucking annoying, but I don't really know because I've never had someone land on my head. It's really pretty fun, until my position starts glitching out. In one of the matches last night, I managed to land on top of either doc or mav, and actually managed to use the height advantage to take some pot shots at an enemy stormcrow.

LD50 on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just pretend that you are assembling Voltron or that you are a Transformers combiner. :mrgreen:

imperialparadox on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Just pretend that you are assembling Voltron or that you are a Transformers combinerMecha Shiva.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Just pretend that you are assembling Voltron or that you are a Transformers combinerMecha Shiva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uRRY8UWJEUg#t=143

• Options
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/161961-complimentary-premium-time-and-mech-bay/

I like the new PGI, free mech bays are always nice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Being able to order your hardpoints would be nice, if this means that it would solve SRM tube bugs and also allow you to designate high torso energy slots for PPC's or whatever.

imperialparadox on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Scream for knockdowns. Because, come on, give me knockdowns already.

• Options

This is just low level, quality of life type stuff that they can knock out while working on bigger things.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I wish I was around for Dragon Bowling. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I wish I was around for Dragon Bowling. :(

Not if you weren't a Dragon

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Actually, I really, really want Death From Above. Sure, I'd probably spend half the match jump jetting and missing what I'm trying to land on, but I don't care. Death From Above.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah. Jump jetting around in my nova is super fun. Stomping on mech heads would just make it better.

• Options

This is just low level, quality of life type stuff that they can knock out while working on bigger things.

Given the time it takes them to get those bigger things functional and out the door, maybe don't put a pile of QoL fixes on the table as well.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Actually, I really, really want Death From Above. Sure, I'd probably spend half the match jump jetting and missing what I'm trying to land on, but I don't care. Death From Above.

It would also give me something to do for when my Summoner gets de-armed. As it is, I have to sacrifice a ton of LB20X ammo to squeeze in a machine gun and 1/2t ammo in my right torso...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

My secret worry is that it's really fucking annoying, but I don't really know because I've never had someone land on my head. It's really pretty fun, until my position starts glitching out. In one of the matches last night, I managed to land on top of either doc or mav, and actually managed to use the height advantage to take some pot shots at an enemy stormcrow.

The "Steed" doesn't even notice, just a little position glitching. The "Rider" will experience this worse, and will rubberband a bit, but will mostly stay on top.

Especially when the "Steed" is a Dire Wolf or Masakari. :D

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite memories is grouping up in all Commandos with the largest engine and running around a target, but more often knocking each other down than anything

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2QF70H2hc#t=37

Blame the removal of knockdown on SA :P

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    heh

the problem with them presumably was just how much friendly knocking down there'd be

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    heh

the problem with them presumably was just how much friendly knocking down there'd be

The stated reason was because they couldn't get synching working right.

Like, if you knocked an opponent down, your best bet was to wait until they stood up fully before firing, because the server was still jumping them around a small 20m area trying to figure out where to put them.

EDIT: This is a good example of what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMKL3B46PAw

Most of the time it wasn't as horrendous as that (as I recall, Catapults themselves had some sort of terrible problem with it), but it was still significant enough that firing on an enemy while on the ground was mostly just a waste of ammo and heat.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I fully admit I was part of the problem and did my best to do flying leaps off of cliffs onto the backs of Atlases just to piss them off.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Man that video brings back memories.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    You know, we were just talking about it on skype, but I feel like it's worth mentioning here as my stance on this evolves:

PGI can eat a lot of blame for shitty communication, and shitty balance. But as far as feature implementation goes, I am actually willing to give them a lot more of a pass now than I was a year ago. The fact that Cloud Imperium missed their Arena Commander launch date by about six months because of all the shit they had to fix in the base CryEngine, pretty much tells me all I need to know about the engine and PGI. CI has resources to throw at the problem that PGI doesn't even dare dream about, and they still missed a relatively basic release by six months, and it's still not even multiplayer for most people yet. At this point, I wonder what could have been had UE4 been available to PGI when they started making the game, with it's much more favorable licensing deals.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    While i was playing last nigt, i was having a great time. Fantastic brawls. Good close range combat. But whenever i targeted a mech with 2 PPCs and 2 AC5s, my blood would boil and id have to go after them.

Hope this really shakes things up for a good long time.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Eh, I'm pretty happy with PGI nowadays. This year is basically what last year should have been; we can basically just pretend that last year didn't happen. I really think that the fact that they got the license extended is responsible for their turnaround, because I honestly think that they were in a "milk the franchise while we can" mode when they weren't sure if they were going to maintain the license. I'm not saying that's right, but I can understand it from a business viewpoint. Now that they have the license locked down for several years, they seem pretty earnest about progressing the game and communicating with the fans.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    first outing in the Stormcrow C. 2 ERML, 1 ERLL, UAC20 (which i forgot to double shot at all)

zoS5CeG.jpg

and i had 2 kills stolen from me!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So I haven't played this since official release or so (or maybe it was still beta??), what should I know if I am getting back into things? Was Orokos in-game.

OrokosPA.png