As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    NeoToma wrote: »
    As always, Marsh can elect to let the Wyrm deal it's damage in exchange for dealing another 1d6 worth of damage.

Not really the best deal, but I haven't gotten this far by making good decisions.

Zakuya Damage:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]
    Wyrm Damage:
    1d10+4 7 [1d10=3]

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    BemeTeMIIAAm3Ot.jpg
    Midasannelida: The Great Gold Wyrm

The Great Gold Wyrm rushes forth once more, its single minded focus driving it to squash the impudent Elven fighter.

"Midasannelida! What the hell are you doing turn that fucker into stone! Petrify!" yells the increasingly incensed Warlock. But alas, it is too little and too late. Zakuya deals 6 damage! With a flash of gold and crimson light and a deafening crash, Zakuya bursts through the giant red gem. Jagged shards of crystal and powerful demonic magics sear Halash's flesh. Zakuya takes 5 damage after armor! The demon instantly explodes into gold dust, ruby crystals, and a thousand floating motes of light. The earth trembles. All around you the stones crumble into sand and dust.

In the corner previously hidden behind a pillar, a person with an afro is bound and gag. In the other corner an spider about the size of Rekrthcuk(hey remember him?) is impaled on a spike and surrounded by glowing crystals.

The Great Gold Wyrm is defeated!

"Not so fast asshole!" Broderick dives across the cavern and grabs his staff in a roll. The dais' holding up Slim Petyr and The Badger crumble, dumping their still unconscious bodies unceremoniously on the floor. "You merely broke an avatar, I can summon another. Then you'll be dust."

Multiple boulders of varying sizes rise out of the ground and float in the air. Moving enough to make getting to Brody difficult.

Zak clearly has no interest in an onyx
    Creatures from Beyond this Plane are generally immune to the effects of poisons. Also rocks.

I hope I'm not moving too fast, or that these battles are going on too long for anybody. Play by posts make it hard to gauge this shit. Also this is my first time I Gming.

Figure i'll wait on Aziz before updating the other thing. Also if Khar-No-Bog wants to do a thing dont be afraid to jump back in, I'll update ya on any questions you might have.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    You're doing swell Neotoma! Thank you for running this game!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Everything is terrible and I hate it.

Zakuya Halash | L1 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 8/22 | XP 05 | DMG D10 | AR 2

:whistle:

Zakuya stands still and poignant, a pillar amongst the lingering swirl of dust and mote that are all that remains of his opponent. Bleeding from a dozen shard-made gashes, scorched and dusted with patches of petrification and rust where demonic energies had scrawled their throes. His eyes glow a deep and distressing red, though surely that's just an evocative reflection of the galaxy of crimson motes floating around him.

Surely.

"You," he remarks, addressing the Warlock. "Weren't on the poster," using the back of his hand to smear a trail of blood across one cheek.

"We," he continues, slowly conjuring the words with deliberate effort. "Don't need to take you alive."

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

Baro | L1 | Saurian Thief - Street Rat | HP 9/21 | XP 06 | DMG D8 | AR 1 |
    "I've wasted too much time"

Baro glances at the floating boulders from his hiding position

Baro pulls out his sturdy rope, and quickly fastens a honda knot, and a loop, to make that of a lariat.

If this works, I'm dragging him through all of those floating boulders he's so proud of.

Geth roll 2d6

2d6 6 [2d6=5, 1]

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ash | L1 | Human Spellslinger - Grizzled | HP 9/20 | XP 05 | DMG D8 | AR 1

"As if we're just gonna let you summon another one!" Ash yells at the warlock. She concentrates on the patterns of the moving boulders. If she can just find an opening...

Ah-ha!

One of the runes on her arm glows a faint ice-blue as she fires a Chill shot in between the boulder shield to hit the warlock.

"Go get him, guys!"

• Ash is disrupted by magical feedback; -1 to next magical action
    • Allies take +1 forward for physical attacks against the warlock
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Chill Shot

Chill Shot:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=6, 1]

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    | Tacitus | L1 | Dog Paladin - Bernese Holy Dog | HP 12/25 | XP 02 | DMG D10 | AR 3

Tacitus paces in front of the quickly forming firing line of his allies. Their bruised and battered bodies on the brink, there's not a lot of punishment they can take after this.

He keeps his eyes on the boulders and the positions of his team. There won't be a martyr today, not so close to their foe crumbling before them.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defend

Priority on Redirect Damage to self, if possible halve it and grant Zakuya +1 Forward

Defend:
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=1, 2]

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    @Cheeseliker, are you okay?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Ooooweee got a good post lined up after I finish hosting this quiz.

ORA ORA ORA ORRA

NeoToma on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Aziz Light /Human Druid /Vision quest: Wolf/ L1 / HP: 19/19 / Armor: 1 / DMG D6 / XP: 02

Aziz continues to strike down the cultists, like a wolf among sheep.

geth roll 2d6+1 stage dive(str)
    geth roll 1d6 potential damage

stage dive(str):
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=4, 5]
    potential damage:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    I don't take damage and I don't attract attention.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Don't forget the +1d4 damage boost Atomos gave Aziz cheese/neo

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Geth roll 1d4 for "bonus damage"

"Cultists attack":
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]
    "Cultists attack":
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    The roll function doesn't work in edit, I think

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015

COUNTER the Spell: ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥

Mad Cultists: ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥

Ichtha-Gog Fish o' Men: ▥▥▥ STUNNED
    Ichtha-Gog Spear Maidens: ▥▥▥ STUNNED

More people are awake than asleep. No one is walking into the sea. They are all standing in place. You hear heavenly singing coming from out across the water. A choir, singing your song somehow....

The Ichtha- Gogs go to throw their fishing nets harpoons but....even they are transfixed by the music.

The cultist hears the order and all rush the stage to attack Atomos. However, a bear and Druid stand in their way.

AZIZ deals 10 damage! And takes out 5 cult members!

The Saurian couple you found dead at the bar, stares at Atomos from their aquatic prison.

8-Legged Freaks: The Warlock

Consider dear reader, the demon Midasannelida: The Great Gold Wyrm

The demon most closely associated with material success. The power of earth, and stones, and GREED, and FEAR. Also consider a few other things;

http://youtu.be/NFjE5A4UAJI
    -Consider the gold dust giving Zakuya Halash's already impressive features additional otherworldly glamour

-Consider that after witnessing a true Duelist in action, what hope has a man of flesh against one who can punch through stone

- Consider elven magic. While human pick apart, dissect, sterilize and then command, elves simply fold wonder and myth into their very being.

- Consider that in facing the demon fearlessly Zakuya has taken Wyrm’s power of petrifying fear, in a more real way than the warlock with his tools, and words and rotes ever could?

-Consider maybe, Brody is and always was kind of in over his head.

As Zakuya issues his threat, the Warlock petrified fumbles with his staff. A dog barks, and Brody turns so fast he twists his ankle. With a raw working of Will he drops a boulder to the ground and rolls it in the general direction the bark came from. Nothing there. The boulder keeps rolling and disturbs the red crystals circling the giant dead spider. Troubling. But Brody has other concerns. Two large stones lazily collide with a crunch in front of where Zakuya was standing. When the stones go their separate ways, nothing there. The moving of the rocks is very disorienting. The slinger’s voice speaks, and Brody feels the chill throughout his body before he has a chance to react. A rope comes from behind and ties him up.

The warlock conks his head on a rock and goes unconscious.

1d4 4 [1d4=4]

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Zakuya Halash | L1 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 8/22 | XP 05 | DMG D10 | AR 2

"Right. Well. That works."

:whistle:

Zakuya stumbles over to where the bound and gagged person is seated, pulling them up to them feet and removing the gag. "What's your story, you with them?" he asks, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the unconscious warlock and company.

• Options
    Also uh, Baro and Tacitus gain 1xp!

• Options
    Did we get extra spell track points from something or someone else's actions? We were at 9/20 last turn, by our contributions we should be at 13/20 but the update puts us at 17/20.

Either way, Caulk do you want to try to get an encounter-ending drum solo? You got the same chance of pulling it off as Atomos, unless Neo has somehow managed to program the hot-hand fallacy into Geth.

• Options
    Yeah you're right. While meters are cool , it's easy to forget where I left them.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I'll give it a go

Edit: that would leave us with 2 left, if I roll a 10+, though (3 from Solo, 2 from picking Break the Spell option from Rock Out). Unless I'm missing a thing.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I'll be honest: if you roll a 10+ Atomos will probably also do a solo just to see if we get anything for ridiculously overloading the break counter the spell meter, consequences be damned.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Actually let's pre-empt myself and my potentially spotlight stealing ways. Post is go!

Atomos Cleary | L1 | Human Bard - Conservatory | HP 19/19 | XP 00 | DMG D6 | AR 1 :whistle:

Atomos briefly raises his lute like a sailor's saber to salute the Saurian sojourners.

Then he submerges himself in the melody of the echoing waves, playing up Lockrin's drums for what hopefully will be a finale to put this nightmare to rest for everybody.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for Rock Out: Lead (CHA)

Rock Out: Lead (CHA):
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=2, 5]

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Lockrin Stonemauler | L1 | Dwarven Ranger - Commando | HP 18/21 | XP 01 | DMG D8 | AR 1

Lockrin is starting to believe that he might actually be pretty good at this, it was more of a spur of the moment lark, but aside from a brief moment of aharmonious cacophony, he's been pretty steadily killin' it. At least, to his untrained ear.

So it is with this mostly unfounded boost of confidence that he takes a risk, that he goes on the offensive.

"DRUM SOLO!" :whistle:

Launching into overdrive, his already frenetic pace speeds up, his leaps and bounds back and forth being interspersed with him actually throwing his drumsticks at the makeshift drums in such a fashion as to have them bounce back to his waiting hands half a moment later. He pulls out all the gods-damned stops.

This, is his moment in the sun.

Whether this works or fails spectacularly, it's going to be awesome.

Geth roll 2d6+2 for Solo (Dex)

Solo (Dex):
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=1, 5]

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Looks like it's up to Atomos to make it happen.

- You give it your all and are exhausted, -1 on your next roll
    (It's both! Whoopsie doodle!)

Edit: or, you know, we have another round

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    What is this heresy, a nine?!

+2 to counterspell track
    Stun the fish'o'men (guys with nets)

Alas, without a 10 I can't give Lockrin a possibly superfluous +1 bonus (fake edit: confirmed superfluous bonus).

Oh, and Neo, do you mind if I swap out my starting weapons from the bow + sword package to the
    rapier? I'm kinda realizing the only time Atomos is ever going to use a weapon is when Atomos is stuck in melee with someone and has to either hack and slash or defy danger. Especially since I picked poor strength but okay dex, so the rapier would help Atomos a lot.

Clearly my cowardrice is the only reason I rolled just short of 10+. Also, I think you have to take both penalties (exhaustion and damage) unless you roll 10+ or just fail outright.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    By the by, dude's name is Lockrin.

With an "n".

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I've been waffling between Lockrim and Lockrin in my head, but somehow came up with a fake memory of looking it up and it being with an m and that my gut feeling for it being with an n was wrong.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Rolling for Boopsie's defense action because I forgot.

Edit: well, looks like you're getting company. Next turn I might do something about whoever tries to tangle with you.

Geth roll 2d6+1 for Defense (Atomos)

Edit2:
    I've been waffling between Lockrim and Lockrin in my head, but somehow came up with a fake memory of looking it up and it being with an m and that my gut feeling for it being with an n was wrong.

It's cool, bro.

Defense (Atomos):
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=2, 3]

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Requests for rapiers have nothing to do with the cultists and spear maidens about to be up in Atomos's grill.

(I don't mind sticking with the short sword + bow for this encounter. Or even permanently if the choice really matters for you.)

• Options

Also, I think you have to take both penalties (exhaustion and damage) unless you roll 10+ or just fail outright.

Oops, you're right. I misread that.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Oh, and Neo, do you mind if I swap out my starting weapons from the bow + sword package to the
    rapier? I'm kinda realizing the only time Atomos is ever going to use a weapon is when Atomos is stuck in melee with someone and has to either hack and slash or defy danger. Especially since I picked poor strength but okay dex, so the rapier would help Atomos a lot.
    sure
    Since this was supposed to be a test run everyone gets a reshuffle after if they want

• Options

Lockrin gains 1xp!
    Boopsie manages to stop most of the cultists that get past Aziz, but one slippery one get through and tackles Atomos. Atomos takes 3 damage! Jade grabs the cultist off Atomos and throws them into the sea.

The pillar that the elves stand on now bulges and twists from the force of the unruly dead within. The surface of the water in the bay is frothy with spirit energy.

"If they think-" Bruce starts
    "It's over." Willy says resolutely.
    "Oh so we turn tail and run?! Let them treat the sea like-"
    "The spell is going out of control. The Captured Dead, the Primal Water Spirits and the Demon are all out of sync... it's taking all our strength just to hold it together."
    "We underestimated what we were up against. No shame in that, hoss. We wont next time."
    "If we're captured...it wont just be us that has to pay the price."
    The Leader Bruce look at his bandmates and realizes they are right.
    "One last song before we go." The Gang smiles and nods.

"New Portsmuth! Bloody hate every single one of you garbage mouth cowards! Don' for bleedin second thin this is it! Until next time!!!" William the Killer beats out the rat-ta-ta-tat of a stinging drum beat, as Bruce plays his mandolin like beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKG0p6Tv9Q

The water level in the bay begins to fall, drawing in the Gogs with it. Gathering at the base of the Wild Druids stage it rises up into twisting, swirling, water spout reaching into the night sky. The angry column of water, gog, souls, and other pieces of very deadly detritus, advances at the band and still stunned crowd.

Break the Spell: ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥ ▥▥▥▥

Mad Cultists: ▥▥▥▥ Stunned by Atomos

• Options
    8- legged freaks: Epilouge

"Heh, me? Just a fool, got burned playing with a bunch of bush league amateurs." She looks a bit rough, her clothes tattered and make up smugged. "If you don't mind?" She snaps her fingers and in an instance of light and sizzle her clothes are transformed to elegant finery of purple crushed velvet, gold embroidery, and green highlights. Her hair is also transformed into an big poofy afro.

"Demon Consaultant. I'm good at dealsand got a bit of talent with magic, if I may boast, so I do working ironing out deals for warlocks. Making sure both parties get treated fairly. and skimming a bit off the top for my services." Warlocks and Demons are dirty dealers so this.... is something of an occupation hazard. Now don't really do True Names in my business, too much liability, but you can call me Cordi."

• Options
    Like the fungus. Or the propellent.

Zakuya Halash | L1 | Elf Fighter - Duelist | HP 8/22 | XP 05 | DMG D10 | AR 2 :whistle:

"I see," Zakuya replies tactfully, looking the demon negotiator up and down. "Nice to meet you."

"I punch things, generally while shouting my name very loudly, in front of crowds of people, so there's little point in introducing myself as anything other than Zakuya Halash." He smiles, wanly. "An occupational hazard."

Introductions completed, and having no particular interest nor further input on the topic of demons, deals, magic, or magic demon deals, Zakuya goes to check on the impaled spider. Maybe it has something to say, even if it's just 'ow, get me off this spike'.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    | Tacitus | L1 | Dog Paladin - Bernese Holy Dog | HP 12/25 | XP 03 | DMG D10 | AR 3

Tacitus trots over to the freed fugitives and shakes his coat clean of dust and debris from the battle. A few sniffs to Cordi as not only an introduction, but also a chance to make out any foul morals stuck to her person. For the most part he comes off as just a dog, except for a visible eye roll when Zakuya introduces himself.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Don't make me share the secret elven technique for discerning the true name of an animal, passed down through uncounted generations from the dawn of time.

• Options
    8- legged freaks: Epilouge

Stinks like demon. Or demons rather. The sickly sweet smell of rotten deals and brimstone.
    But under that that smell, you do get a feeling she does care about something outside of herself a great deal.
    Probably only 75%-90% evil tops.

Cordi sniffs the air. "This your dog? It reeks of Divinity." She crouches to give Tacitus under the chin scratches if the Paladin allows. "Kind of cute though."

The spider squirms as weakly as Zak approaches. "Hey man. Hey Rekky, get me the hell off this thing."

"I wouldn't do that." Cordi interrupts. "You're going to want that bargining chip when-"

The lights go dark.

"There she is."

A brilliant column of light appears in the center of the room.

The light billows and sways like a thousand silken strands of perfect spun gold. The room is filled with the sound of hushed whispers and giggles.

Approximately 8 feet in the air, a pair of old withered humanoid hands reach out of the column of light. They part it, revealing a well dressed person with old tired eyes knitting. The hair falls back in place, and a pair of young hands parts the light revealing a glimpse of a beautiful woman with a belly swollen with progeny. Like the form before, it recedes into the light. A pair of claws parts the light next, presenting giant hairy spider with venom dripping from it's mandibles. The Last form is a swirly mass of shadow with 8 eyes, that too disappears back into the column of light.

The light slowly stops also being hair, and you see a thing that is somehow all those things at once? It's floating in the center of that column of light.

Looking at the demon directly makes your head hurt.

"See. Real clever guys. I love clever. I knew I was in luck betting on you. And they are still alive too?" The Spider demon coos excitedly. "Oh goody. Bring those bodies to me, and we can count this debt as fair."

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    those dead unconsious bodies are proof of payment

spider demon just wants to collect the reward instead of yous guys

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Lockrin Stonemauler | L1 | Dwarven Ranger - Commando | HP 14/21 | XP 02 | DMG D8 | AR 1

Sensing the act is almost done, Lockrin slows the pace back to normal, winding the song and spell down to their natural ends.

This doesn't mean he's not still leaping around, he's just not as active as during his Solo.

Geth roll 2d6+2-1 for Rock Out (Dex)

Rock Out (Dex):
    2d6+2-1 6 [2d6=4, 1]

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    @Rawkking Goodguy it's literally up to you to roll the good roll now.

Also, Neo, should I also take damage from that story post (given that I rolled 7-9 on a solo)?

jnij103vqi2i.png