As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

1939495969799»

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Just curious. Is there any way to purchase DS games from the eShop for the 3DS?

Almost none of the DS library is on the eShop. Prepare to be gouged.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    2 steps forward 1 step back. That is so lame.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    2 steps forward 1 step back. That is so lame.

hoo boy tell me about it

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

Gouged indeed. For shits & giggles look up any Nintendo-published title new in box earlier than 2012.

One of these days I'm going to stumble upon a CIB Bowser's Inside Story for a decent price.

...I actually should probably check Toys R Us someday. They're pretty good about having old Mario titles.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I wish I had gotten release day delivery for Curtain Call. I suppose I could load up the first game....

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I wish I had gotten release day delivery for Curtain Call. I suppose I could load up the first game....

I wish I was at home right now so I could play it...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular

Gouged indeed. For shits & giggles look up any Nintendo-published title new in box earlier than 2012.

One of these days I'm going to stumble upon a CIB Bowser's Inside Story for a decent price.

...I actually should probably check Toys R Us someday. They're pretty good about having old Mario titles.
    Bowser's Inside Story goes for around $11-15 on eBay. I think that's reasonable enough.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey anyone want a Brawl demo code? I have 3.

EDIT: all gone now.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Sure, I would use one.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »

Bowser's Inside Story goes for around $11-15 on eBay. I think that's reasonable enough.

It's available for even cheaper on Amazon.

But MZ wants a new copy sealed in the box, because MZ.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cloudeagle wrote: »

He said CIB. not sealed.

Though I can sympathize with him. You never know who played a handheld game while on the can.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

He said CIB. not sealed.

Though I can sympathize with him. You never know who played a handheld game while on the can.

Everyone.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

I could really use one! Pretty Please?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

He said CIB. not sealed.

...Commercial Industries Board? Combat Infantry Badge? I've never heard of that, but my Google-fu is failing me.

Oh, complete in box. Well, here ya go MZ, just 14 bucks:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001TOQ8WU/sr=8-1/qid=1410897560/ref=olp_page_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410897560&sr=8-1&startIndex=10

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Complete in box.

• Options
    Codes all gone.

• Options
    I never take my handhelds to the bathroom. Or well, I haven't done that since I was a teenager.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I never take my handhelds to the bathroom. Or well, I haven't done that since I was a teenager.

My 3DS and WiiU pad is my favorite bathroom buddy. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My 3ds is my I'm bored or I want to do several things at the same time thing

I remember saying the original game boy was desgined for the bathroom or office because they were at the time the few places that had overhead lighting

• Options
    Oh god, I just played Curtain Call for 4 hours straight...

This game is so good.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

This game is so good.

You can play the game with the buttons and circle pad now....

GAME OF THE YEAR

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

This game is so good.

How does it stack up to the original? Both gameplay and content wise? Is it a glorified expansion pack?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, biggest change seems to be that the game is a lot less asshole about how exact you are with the swipe notes. That was my biggest gripe with the first one. Especially if you're playing with the circle pad, as long as you're within what seems to be a ~90 degree arc of the direction it wants you to go in it will count.

FMS/FMS/EMS stages are no longer tied together sequentially either, it now just gives you a big track list separated by game right off the bat and lets you choose whatever between them.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Smash Bros. demo codes!

Loading...?

Thanks, @UncleSporky‌, for the heads up on The Keep. I love me some dungeon crawling!

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    So I grabbed one of the codes, it popped up, then it unpopped.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    it's in your messages, or should be...

• Options
    Hmm, I don't know any way to get back to it, but I guess I've locked it out so that no one else gets it, so there's that.

Man of the Waves, I locked out the second to last code that you posted. If you feel like pming it to me, then that would be neat. Or whatever.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't know any way to get back to it, but I guess I've locked it out so that no one else gets it, so there's that.

Man of the Waves, I locked out the second to last code that you posted. If you feel like pming it to me, then that would be neat. Or whatever.

Check your messages, it should be there.

Wasn't planning on getting the demo before, but I'm grateful for the generosity. Should be fun.

• Options
    So it is, neat. Thanks!

• Options
    So tiny...

Also, level 9 Villager knows how to play.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Grabbed the last code. Thanks a ton @Man of the Waves

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Well, biggest change seems to be that the game is a lot less asshole about how exact you are with the swipe notes. That was my biggest gripe with the first one. Especially if you're playing with the circle pad, as long as you're within what seems to be a ~90 degree arc of the direction it wants you to go in it will count.

FMS/FMS/EMS stages are no longer tied together sequentially either, it now just gives you a big track list separated by game right off the bat and lets you choose whatever between them.

I can't figure out how to do the swipes with the circle pad at the end of the holds in FMS. The swipe is always in a different direction than I'm currently moving the pad in and I fail it every time.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I can't figure out how to do the swipes with the circle pad at the end of the holds in FMS. The swipe is always in a different direction than I'm currently moving the pad in and I fail it every time.

Let go of the pad for a moment to let it center and prep for the swipe at the end. If it's the same as the demo, there's a bit of wiggle room on those wavy lines. You don't have to be perfectly on for the game to register it.

• Options
    The movement was so jank with FMS in general that I just couldn't be bothered. I just switched to the stylus for the FMS tracks before even getting far enough for those notes.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Also

What the HOLY FUCK, Layton v. Wright????????????????

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page