As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Turnabout [Chat]

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I dunno, seems to me like you can't be "more" muslim than muslim.

You can be a more literalist Muslim or a more regressive Muslim, but those are not "more Muslim" than the moderate ones.

I don't think you're wrong, but it also seems fair as a matter of common usage to roll some of that meaning up in the claim that Texas is "more" Christian than most other states, for instance.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

You can be a more literalist Muslim or a more regressive Muslim, but those are not "more Muslim" than the moderate ones.
    I thought Muslim fundamentalism or whatever the proper name is is a 19th century thing anyway.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

I don't think you're wrong, but it also seems fair as a matter of common usage to roll some of that meaning up in the claim that Texas is "more" Christian than most other states, for instance.

Well, yeah, it's more christian in the sense that there's more people identifying as christian in Texas than an atheist heckhole like New York.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Some claim Ned Flanders is more Christian than Homer Simpsons even though they attend the same church each Sunday.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    How long did the game take you override, out of curiosity?
    17 hours

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Pssst... Dawkins... they're muslim women in both pictures.

[img]https: //pbs.twimg.com/media/BiOdpr1CIAAgeAm.png:large[/img]

I'm not defending the guy in general or even this point's validity in particular, but I think that is his point Echo.

... that some Muslims have extreme views but not all of them? idgi

It's something like, "Look what becoming more Muslim has done to the social regulations in a country that used to treat women reasonably well."

I understand it not clicking because it's not a very reasonable argument.

Well, stated like that it's kind of redundant, because it reduces to "extremists have extreme views".

I think a lot of people would take issue with the notion that "more Muslim" = salafism, too.

Yeah, which is why I'm laying out what I think he's getting at, not supporting it.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Some claim Ned Flanders is more Christian than Homer Simpsons even though they attend the same church each Sunday.

That's dumb.

Maybe Flanders is a better Christian than Homer, but that is not quantitative, that's qualitative.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    It's not even the religion, though.

Ideological extremists do the exact same thing.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Wait, you can't fly in Pandaria until you hit level 90?

That's fucking bullshit.

this has always been the way of things!

I got to fly right away in Outland and Northrend and Cataclysm! At least while leveling this character.

Having to suddenly stop flying is a paaaaaaain.

Yes, now.

Every time a new continent is released, the ability of characters to fly around that content is restricted to higher levels, but the restrictions on flying around the old continents are relaxed.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Oh good thing Christianity doesn't have a large band of nutbags trying to politically and socially dominate the laws and mores of nati-oh wait Africa.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

That's fucking bullshit.

I got to fly right away in Outland and Northrend and Cataclysm! At least while leveling this character.

Yes, now.

Every time a new continent is released, the ability of characters to fly around that content is restricted to higher levels, but the restrictions on flying around the old continents are relaxed.

*sniffle* but but

vRyue2p.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    DSC_0131_web.jpg

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    Pssst... Dawkins... they're muslim women in both pictures.

[img]https: //pbs.twimg.com/media/BiOdpr1CIAAgeAm.png:large[/img]

I'm not defending the guy in general or even this point's validity in particular, but I think that is his point Echo.

The thing is, the point he wants to make works in both directions.

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    @visiblehowl i take it you're back into wow, eh

anyone else doing so? i might start again in april when my semester ends

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    If there is one thing I would want to survive humanity's end to show how bad ass we could be I would want it to be the sr-71

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    James wrote: »

Yeah, and it's ruining my life.

I'm playing an undead priest on Cenarius now. I had to start from scratch since my account got banned two years ago and I had to create a new one.

Doesn't take too long to get to 85 these days, though.

vRyue2p.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The new pokemon is so great you guys.

YOU GET TO ACCESSORIZE AND PICK CLOTHING

Also there are some monsters and you can make them fight or something I don't know.

(Also walking is quick and not a pain in the ass and you get to pick what you look like in the beginning and there's a dark skinned option, which is nice)

And Fennekin is adorable, and has multiple rad evolutions.

desc wrote: »

(pretty) good job at still being alive?

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

I'm off until the next xpac

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ARGH HEARTHSTONE THE WORST

if you tell people they cant wear something because it does not align with your sensabilities, you are part of the patriarchy

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh good thing Christianity doesn't have a large band of nutbags trying to politically and socially dominate the laws and mores of nati-oh wait Africa.

Muslims are tearing up Africa, too. So the two wrongs cancel each other out. That's just logic.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    watching season 1 of sunny. been sooooooooooooooooo long

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    he probably should have just tweeted the second picture

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

That's fucking bullshit.

Yes, now.

It makes sense from a design standpoint.

They want you to walk around and enjoy the scenery on the new continent.

Man, I can't believe that as I said that I suddenly had legitimately fond memories of Northrend.

I'm playing an undead priest on Cenarius now. I had to start from scratch since my account got banned two years ago and I had to create a new one.

banned? well, provided it wasn't something you did that caused the ban (e.g. if it was stolen by someone), blizzard is usually pretty helpful in getting lost accounts recovered. Looks a bit late for that, though.

ill keep cenarius/horde in mind, though ive gravitated away from tanking and mostly just play as a mage now

I'm off until the next xpac

The next xpac?

Sean-X-Pac-Waltman-300x217.jpg

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

That's fucking bullshit.

Yes, now.

Man, I can't believe that as I said that I suddenly had legitimately fond memories of Northrend.

You know, I liked the Northrend world

but I liked Outland instances better

Northrend dungeons bored me

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Muslims are tearing up Africa, too. So the two wrongs cancel each other out. That's just logic.

Religion

Not even once.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    So shopping and dinner with coworker bestie.

Who needs a boyfriend anyway when you have your best friend.

visiblehowl i take it you're back into wow, eh

banned? well, provided it wasn't something you did that caused the ban (e.g. if it was stolen by someone), blizzard is usually pretty helpful in getting lost accounts recovered. Looks a bit late for that, though.

ill keep cenarius/horde in mind, though ive gravitated away from tanking and mostly just play as a mage now

No, I have no idea why it was banned. I tried getting it unbanned and Blizzard assumed it was someone hacking my account and froze my entire battle.net account. I have to, like, send them a copy of a government-issued ID to get it unfrozen. It's a huge pain in the ass!

Also, nooooo I love your tankiiiiiing!

vRyue2p.png
    pretty much all my wow memories are northrend

my home away from home

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Holy crap. We were doing yard work out in front following the instructions of our grandmother (planting stuff), and when we went into the backyard to put things away I heard a very distinct buzzing noise. It didn't take long to notice that a TON OF BEES are angry as shit. Their hive is in our around the tree growing in the neighbor's yard, a tree that hangs over our garden.

Henroid wrote: »
    Holy crap. We were doing yard work out in front following the instructions of our grandmother (planting stuff), and when we went into the backyard to put things away I heard a very distinct buzzing noise. It didn't take long to notice that a TON OF BEES are angry as shit. Their hive is in our around the tree growing in the neighbor's yard, a tree that hangs over our garden.

throw a rock at it and then run inside your house

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

That's fucking bullshit.

Yes, now.

You know, I liked the Northrend world

but I liked Outland instances better

Northrend dungeons bored me

Northrend was when Blizzard finally got quests down, but I think they tried to apply the same sort of streamlining to the instances and that did not work out as well.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

throw a rock at it and then run inside your house

Yeah no.

Geth, roll 1d2

1: i do serious business
    2: i do silly business.

1d2 2 [1d2=2]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    HELLO FRIENDS HOW ARE YOU ON THIS FINE SATURDAY AFTERNOON

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Irond Will

Will the reason I am IT at the moment is to pay rent. It is a temp job, pays okay and is something to pay rent while I am looking for stuff in my field.

Which about the only thing you got close was the East Asia.

I do International Studies.

But I actually trained to monitoring and evaluation of programs. Which is basically telling people that quantitatively and qualitatively they are helping or hurting with interventions or projects.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.