As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Turnabout [Chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    *comes up from studying, twitching, powder everywhere*

we all good, right

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I don't like when people update a thread title with some news and don't include more information or a link in the OP

*grumps*

• JamesJames Registered User regular
    James wrote: »
    visiblehowl i take it you're back into wow, eh

anyone else doing so? i might start again in april when my semester ends

Yeah, and it's ruining my life.

I'm playing an undead priest on Cenarius now. I had to start from scratch since my account got banned two years ago and I had to create a new one.

Doesn't take too long to get to 85 these days, though.

banned? well, provided it wasn't something you did that caused the ban (e.g. if it was stolen by someone), blizzard is usually pretty helpful in getting lost accounts recovered. Looks a bit late for that, though.

ill keep cenarius/horde in mind, though ive gravitated away from tanking and mostly just play as a mage now

No, I have no idea why it was banned. I tried getting it unbanned and Blizzard assumed it was someone hacking my account and froze my entire battle.net account. I have to, like, send them a copy of a government-issued ID to get it unfrozen. It's a huge pain in the ass!

Also, nooooo I love your tankiiiiiing!

the problem with tanking is that you really have to take the time to get to know each fight, and while you're doing that you have to deal with all the silly geese who think they are tanking pros (which is of course why they rolled dps) and complain and yell about your every move

it gets tiring pretty quickly

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    eh i think people swing way too far in the direction of absolving religions of all responsibility for the behaviour of their adherents

ideas can and do change behaviour, and the changes they induce in behaviour are, unsurprisingly, related to the content of those ideas

the trivial assertion - that religion controls behaviour - is trivially wrong, but there is clearly some form of relationship and as a consequence some religions will have a better influence on the behaviour of their followers than others.

in a sense, it doesn't matter if a religion can produce followers who do not exhibit malign behaviour under some circumstances, because all ideas have to be analysed in their context. and it is pretty clear that having religions that legitimise certain types of behaviour towards women will, in many cases, result in bad shit

its like a genotype-phenotype relation. genetics is not destiny, but some destinies are more likely than others

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    u2UpCqp.jpg

even the rich kids' scores are preposterously low

i think i'm getting the vapors...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    pretty much all my wow memories are northrend

my home away from home

Karazhan karazhan and more karazhan

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

my home away from home

Karazhan is officially the best that WoW has ever been.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

man, this video fucked my day. scene: bus that i often ride, passes in front of my job.

mom is high as hell. nodding off, mouth wide open, unable to stay upright in her seat. junkie sway. cute daughter (8? 9?) frantically shaking her, MAMA, MAMA WAKE UP.

apparently someone on facebook identified her and ppd/dhs are getting involved. sad as hell.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    HELLO FRIENDS HOW ARE YOU ON THIS FINE SATURDAY AFTERNOON

GOOD AFTERNOON, HUMAN PERSON. I AM DOING HUMAN THINGS LIKE CONSUMING MATTER AND EXCRETING PROCESSED MATTER.

I thought you got 600 per section just by showing up with some clothes on

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    u2UpCqp.jpg

dude an average above 500 on an 800 point test is not preposterously low

sig.gif
    isn't the average SAT score 1000 or 1100

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    it is always vaguely disorienting when scheck makes a correctly spelled and insightful post

or actually, I thought they went to a new system that was out of 2000something

This sounds like smart person privilege to me.

HELLO FRIENDS HOW ARE YOU ON THIS FINE SATURDAY AFTERNOON

I WATCHED APPROXIMATELY EIGHT HOURS OF CONTINUOUS SPORT

japan wrote: »
    it is always vaguely disorienting when scheck makes a correctly spelled and insightful post

You mean as opposed to his incorrectly spelled but still insight posts?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    When are they making Warcraft IV?

from a reasoning standpoint this is about on the same level as any of his other posts

i think they're getting rid of the writing portion right now? but in any case, avg score is right around 500 per section (or just over). i think the best scoring state (don't remember which one) avgs about 1040 between the primary sections?

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    o shi someone gonna be eating dick cake, waving ball balloons!

i think bachelor parties should lose their weird stripper-and-cigars mythos and instead become the inverted stereotype of bachelorette parties

may i please be served deviled eggs artfully arranged (with extra dark spicy brown) to look like buttholes

everyone wears matching vulva tshirts

etc

por que ne los dos?

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    When are they making Warcraft IV?

Haha!

Good one, Winky!

definitely not

i got a 540 (i think) on the math section of the SAT. which is very marginally above avg? and that was the best math score in my high school.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    visiblehowl i take it you're back into wow, eh

anyone else doing so? i might start again in april when my semester ends

Yeah, and it's ruining my life.

I'm playing an undead priest on Cenarius now. I had to start from scratch since my account got banned two years ago and I had to create a new one.

Doesn't take too long to get to 85 these days, though.

banned? well, provided it wasn't something you did that caused the ban (e.g. if it was stolen by someone), blizzard is usually pretty helpful in getting lost accounts recovered. Looks a bit late for that, though.

ill keep cenarius/horde in mind, though ive gravitated away from tanking and mostly just play as a mage now

No, I have no idea why it was banned. I tried getting it unbanned and Blizzard assumed it was someone hacking my account and froze my entire battle.net account. I have to, like, send them a copy of a government-issued ID to get it unfrozen. It's a huge pain in the ass!

Also, nooooo I love your tankiiiiiing!

the problem with tanking is that you really have to take the time to get to know each fight, and while you're doing that you have to deal with all the silly geese who think they are tanking pros (which is of course why they rolled dps) and complain and yell about your every move

it gets tiring pretty quickly

Yeah, after blowing through dungeons with pubbies as a healer, I have to wonder how anybody ever becomes a good tank.

It's probably easier if you have guildmates to run dungeons with who might be more understanding of you taking the time to figure out the fights.

vRyue2p.png
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Ugh they added the writing section beginning my year and changed the entire reading section at the same time. It was a rough time

ruinedchildhood is basically @surrealitycheck the tumblr

tumblr_n08q7ecTs41r5zq6ao1_250.gif

tumblr_n08q7ecTs41r5zq6ao2_250.gif

tumblr_n08q7ecTs41r5zq6ao3_250.gif

tumblr_n08q7ecTs41r5zq6ao4_250.gif

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fishing-technique 4 is pretty easy in Breath of Fire IV. It's right there in the background-music, even.

from a reasoning standpoint this is about on the same level as any of his other posts

yes but he instantly has more gravitas

and gravitas is not easy to convey when your words are flanked by a flashing neon nicki minaj gif

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    dennis: I think all these chicks are gay
    dee: they're not gay they can just smell how disgusting you are
    dennis:... sucks for me

(at an abortion rally)
    girl: what's that?
    mac: it's a list of doctors I'm going to kill
    girl: two of them are already crossed off
    mac: I know

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

my home away from home

I spent 99.9% of my time just soloing quests and doing dailies anyway

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I don't like when people update a thread title with some news and don't include more information or a link in the OP

*grumps*
    GO TO PAGE 25 AND FIND IT YOURSELF!

THAT I HAVE TO EDIT THE OP JUST TO TELL YOU THIS PART!

IS RIDICULOUS!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Brooklyn Nets Insist They Only See Jason Collins As Terrible Player

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    u2UpCqp.jpg

1000 is the average for middle-class Americans? That can't be right.

my home away from home

I spent 99.9% of my time just soloing quests and doing dailies anyway

I spent ninety-kara point nine of my kara just karaing kara and kara kara legions i command.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    SAT is 200 base score per section with the median of additional points per section tuned to about 300 above that.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    feral are you

are you saying... kara?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    hmm a cahracter design from new dragon age

fancy as fuck and impractical

i liek

TjFFPRt.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.