As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EBAY Crack Down - Go Get Em Boys

DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
I found this cool.... the Massachusetts State Police has a unit that is actively targeting online resellers of PAX Badges who are violating the scalping laws (not all resellers are, but most on E-Bay are). I wont get into specifics since I want these resellers for profit to have a nice visit with the other residents of Suffolk County Jail. What would be nice is if they got enough to go after E-Bay itself for facilitating the illegal transactions. Would be freaking awesome to see tickets freed up, but unfortunately they wont be, since the confiscated badges will be evidence.

GO GET EM BOYS

• Options
    crazygcrazyg Registered User regular
    since we are on our soap box...

Mass State Police need to do work that actually means something, reselling badges is none of their damn business, especially if it's purchased from a seller outside of the state. They have no right stopping commerce online like that between states.It'd be nice if tickets didn't sell out in 2 hours, it'd be nice if they had a system that worked better, and it'd be nice to have a million dollars. Scalping laws should be eliminated.

• Options
    shepdshepd Registered User regular
    How do they plan to put people outside of Boston in jail, especially if they live in the majority of places and countries where scalping is 100% legal.

EBay is the wrong place to focus. Locally is.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's already been stated that when possible PAX will work with the authorities to handle any potential illegal scalping activity where the law applies. I'm not sure this is relevant for this forum.

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.