Options

Giant Bomb 2000

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I started a running regimen

Then developed patellar tendinitis in my left knee.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I need to exercise so I am not the grossest ball of human flesh in all existance any more. that and do literally anything but eat.

Its a huge cliché but do it 3 times a week for two weeks in a row and then it'll be as routine as brushing your teeth

Two weeks is exactly where I am. I am enjoying it but it is definitely not a habit yet.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I started a running regimen

Then developed patellar tendinitis in my left knee.

Oof, that sounds not fun. Do you think yours shoes were a bad fit for you or?

But hey, that just means more time for lifting weights and exercise bikes and swimming :)

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I need to exercise so I am not the grossest ball of human flesh in all existance any more. that and do literally anything but eat.

Its a huge cliché but do it 3 times a week for two weeks in a row and then it'll be as routine as brushing your teeth

Two weeks is exactly where I am. I am enjoying it but it is definitely not a habit yet.

Kind of a dumb trick but I usually have an audiobook or podcast or something that I only listen to at the gym, I don't allow myself to listen to it anywhere else.

So, sometimes I get all "Damn, I really want to know what happens in the next chapter. Can't wait to go to the gym tonight!"

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It wasn't from the running

It was from my job. I do a lot of heavy lifting (I work in retail logistics).

And really, I've been taking an anti-inflammatory, icing, compressing, and elevating for a couple weeks now and I still barely have half the strength in it.

It's frustrating

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    jesus dick of course it wasn't serious

how could you even

I'm sorry, Fuzzbutt. But jokes hurt.

(I was joking also. I thought the "racist polar bear" line was sufficient to distinguish it as such, but obviously not.)

((I'm sorry for hurting you.))

(((Let's hug it out.)))
    "we're so interested in protecting the interests of women that we're the ONLY party with a plank devoted to even our littlest 'sisters...' the ones still in the womb"

I need a hammer

I haven't quite figured out what the hammer is for but i know that I NEED A HAMMER

You need a hammer to break those glass walls, Speed. Those fragile glass walls of lies and manipulative bullshit and mass delusion. You need a hammer of truth, of principles, to make the walls of their dungeon, our cells, fall down, so that we may STAND, FREE AND DIGNIFIED, AS HUMAN BEINGS SHOULD, in the sun of our wills, on the ground of our shared reality.

I will say not "for america". Fuck America. Long live the American people.

Alternatively,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options

And really, I've been taking an anti-inflammatory, icing, compressing, and elevating for a couple weeks now and I still barely have half the strength in it.

It's frustrating

Man that does really suck. Losing progress like that is always the worst, but, you do have to let yourself recover. Can't go and make things worse, after all.

We should get you cyborg limbs for your job.

(In semi cyborg related news, I was immensely sad to learn that the phrase "cybernetic communism" is not nearly as interesting in actuality as it seems at first glance.)

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    9pZXhSH.jpg

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's frustrating

Man that does really suck. Losing progress like that is always the worst, but, you do have to let yourself recover. Can't go and make things worse, after all.

We should get you cyborg limbs for your job.

(In semi cyborg related news, I was immensely sad to learn that the phrase "cybernetic communism" is not nearly as interesting in actuality as it seems at first glance.)

The worst shape I've ever been in was after I cracked 2 ribs

It took forever to heal and there is basically nothing you can do about it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Go on.

Even if it's just "some animals have a common pool for food", I'd still be interested.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    shit did i miss us being 27 in this thread? cause i am 27 and in this thread.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Kind of a dumb trick but I usually have an audiobook or podcast or something that I only listen to at the gym, I don't allow myself to listen to it anywhere else.

So, sometimes I get all "Damn, I really want to know what happens in the next chapter. Can't wait to go to the gym tonight!"

I'm not much for audiobooks but I'll keep this idea in my back pocket.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

i heard about these guys, which one is woolie

woolie has nothing to do with game grumps you FUCKING CROCK OF SHIT

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Melding wrote: »
    shit did i miss us being 27 in this thread? cause i am 27 and in this thread.

I'm 24.
    And I still don't have a bachelor's degree boohoohoo
    because mental illness retarded my academic development!
    Please direct me to the nearest "Brain Matters" thread

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    i'm 31 and quite ready to start my cat hoarding

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

i'm 19 and I wish I could start hoarding cats

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Ronnie is both younger and older than i expected.

• Options

83c0138d444473e4e0b2f7cd80cba077.jpeg

She's 29 and ready to hoard your cats... for herself. (And for her fiancé, Graham Stark.)

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

i'm 19 and I wish I could start hoarding cats

oh no what, you're younger than me

oh noo

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    During a SXSW Gaming panel titled "Two Sides to Every Story - Tales from the Borderlands Unveiled at SXSW," a handful of developers both from Telltale and Gearbox discussed the story of the episodic adventure series. It's set on Pandora, the planet which served as the battleground for the first two Borderlands games — but rather than focus on the plight of the heroic Vault Hunters of that universe, it focuses more on the planet's less adventurous inhabitants.

The two characters featured in the trailer are Fiona, the well-dressed con artist, and Rhys, the cybernetically-enhanced Hyperion company man. The player will control both characters as they recall, in turn, the plot of the game from the future. Both narrators' versions, however, are fish tales — players will quickly notice the discrepancies between the versions of the events presented by Fiona and Rhys.

"You never really play what actually happened, you're playing this Big Fish version of what happened," Telltale's Kevin Bruner explained during the panel.

You'll have plenty of reason to doubt the untrustworthy narration from Rhys and Fiona, as they're both thoroughly greed-driven people — much like everyone else surviving on Pandora. That driving desire also plays into the general tone of the game, and its decision-based gameplay. To put that into context, Telltale's Harrison Pink compared the series to The Walking Dead, where players were constantly forced to choose between the lesser of two evils. In Tales from the Borderlands, players will more often have to choose from the better of two extremely desirable options.

In terms of tone, it should come as no surprise that Tales from the Borderlands will try to preserve the humor of the core franchise. That tone is something of a departure from The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, but Bruner is quick to point out that the studio is rooted in comedic series like Sam & Max.

"We've got all this pent up comedy in boxes around the studio that we've been wanting to unpack," Bruner said.

continued...

sold

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One of these days I'm gonna find out the exact number of people who think I am older than them and tell them "no, i'm actually a fetus; it's flattering you think otherwise tho"

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm 22 and I have a single cat.

His name is Maxwell.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I've been on these forums for ten years.

I've probably spent more time on the penny arcade forums then any other single activity in my life...

except maybe sleep and attending high school

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Almost 34

You damn kids with your hip hop and hula hoops and mary jane cigarettes

We were thankful for those 8 bits back in my day

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't mind getting older. I do sorta miss all-day videogame sessions (not that I did them very much even when I could), but then Rachel goes away with Anya for a few days and I get to do that and I just feel like shiiit afterward. It's like yeah, I played video games all day... And got nothing else done? Fuck.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm 12 years old.

Shhh.

Don't tell anyone.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Ceno wrote: »
    Almost 34

WHY IN MY DAY WE WERE LUCKY TO GET THREE, MAYBE FOUR BITS

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I am two years younger than my parents were when they had me

And I don't know how the fuck they did that cause I can barely go to the post office without feeling like I fucked everything up

there's got to be a better way

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    So I installed my swanky new HDD in my PS4 today, and put my PS4's 500GB drive in my PS3. I backed everything up first, and now to just download my saves from the cloud an-
    2962E343-2520-4C55-B941-5EED4C426AD3.jpg?t=1394326242

Oh fuck you Demon's Souls. Why?! There was time now...

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i'm twenty

you're all old

you're all old

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i'm twenty

you're all old

you're all old

heh

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Almost 34

WHY IN MY DAY WE WERE LUCKY TO GET THREE, MAYBE FOUR BITS

whatever grandpa

*peels away in a Thunderbird*

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    19 babies unite

i think i first posted on forums when i was literally single digits in age

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Fuzzbutt forgot to check his white bear privilege

• Options
    I assume that white bear privilege, like most bear privilege, involves being able to eat everyone

• Options
    Not that I'm saying anyone should bare their privilege here

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    29. Despite being a lustrous, curly mullet, I have been bald since my mid twenties, which is fine, because it allows me to flaunt my masculine dome. It was made for headbutting.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    19 babies unite

i think i first posted on forums when i was literally single digits in age

Really? I was honestly under the impression that you were a wizard venerable and ancient.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just cleaned a few things that I've been neglecting since I came down with a sinus infection/cold about a week ago and now my everything is sore.

I miss my teenage body so badly. I wish I've fed it anything but sugar and oil since then.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Also I'm about to try this greek yogurt.

I hope it is good.

This discussion has been closed.