CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »
    I severely regret my employment decisions

but my personal life is on the whole pretty nice

checks and balances

Print's a dyin' industry, they says!

I don't work for a newspaper anymore! That place got shut down!

Also where the hell did you come from?

I know that, dog-eat-dog.

Rank said they were talkin' about me in some thread here. So I checked it out.

Turns out they were. So I figured I'd say hi.

Hi!

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    hi

what do you think about videogames

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am so bad at school that I could probably never get a 'real' job

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey man!

I, uh, don't have much more to say beyond that.

My daughter's been sick, that sucks!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Jars you are going down a road from which you can never return

yeah yukiko isn't even the best girl

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    This year my second year girls made a skit that was basically nothing but then making fun of guys that wanted 2D girlfriends.

It was pretty good.

oh my god

• Options
    Hey man!

Yeah, that really blows.

She's cute as a button though, man.

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    if you get the bad end in the game that guy(your best friend) convinces you to go play eroges instead of dating the girls

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    This year my second year girls made a skit that was basically nothing but then making fun of guys that wanted 2D girlfriends.

It was pretty good.

oh my god

My students are the best.

Also the worst.

The adorable scamps!

• Options
    Hey man!

Yeah, that really blows.

Yup, even when sick she's dang adorable.

She came into Rachel and my room today (well, we let her in, she doesn't know how to open doors yet)

and was all "Mommy, snuggle you? Mommy, snuggle you?"

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    now if you excuse me I have a date with some ramen

• Options
    Jars, if it is packaged ramen knock that out, that shit is the worst for you.

If you are making it yourself or going to restaurants, well, it's still pretty bad for you but keep on keeping on man.

• Options
    And then apparently she snuggled for five seconds (I had to leave for work), then patted Rachel's knee and said "Cute knee!"

• Options
    Hey man!

Yeah, that really blows.

Yup, even when sick she's dang adorable.

She came into Rachel and my room today (well, we let her in, she doesn't know how to open doors yet)

and was all "Mommy, snuggle you? Mommy, snuggle you?"

She can't open doors? Pfft, you should sit her down and show her Jurassic Park. Explain that even dinosaurs can figure this shit out.

"Now sweety; see that velociraptor that would tear your stomach open and eat you alive? Even it learned how to operate door handles!"

She will probably just look at you and say something adorable, but don't be fooled! You can't let her off easy. And remember that the gory parts are the most educational.

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    This is why I should never be allowed to be a parent...

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Videogame related, she does often bring me the xbox controller and ask "Daddy cars? Daddy cars?" because she likes to watch me play Forza.

• Options
    Do you have to watch what games you can and can't play when she's around?

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    i'm young enough to be making too much money for someone my age and thus squander it away on petty things

Now you got me curious, what do you do for a living t4ct?

i sell cellphones part-time while i figure out what i want to do in school

the money is

ludicrous

That amazing part of life where you have an honestly pretty low income but extremely low expenses

(Oh jeez we're both in sales)

(And I'm doing this instead of school to figure out what I want to study)

idk if my expenses are necessarily low so much as there's just a lot of cellphones to be sold

Is it pay by commission? Do you work at like, a Verizon store or something like that?

Yes it is by commission, I work for a cell provider in Canada

I will just spoiler this but this is basically my wage information so click if you wanna know I guess
    on average I have about 24 work hours per week and make $32,000 a year

I realize this is not a lot of money in the grand scheme but for part time work it owns

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

If you are making it yourself or going to restaurants, well, it's still pretty bad for you but keep on keeping on man.

or you could do what I do

cook the noodles, throw the flavor packet away, and toss two eggs in while the noodles are boiling

• Options
    T4CT why has there only been one post on your pokemon playthrough

Because I have like four updates queued up and haven't posted them yet

• Options

Thankfully most of the time she's extremely disinterested in the computer so I don't really have to worry. Plus I don't get much of a chance to play games when she's around anyway, so it's not really a big worry.

When she was really little I held her in my arms while I played Borderlands 2, though. Also Sleeping Dogs.

• Options
    mike blais kills foreign political figures for the government

It's why the threat of me ripping people apart is so real

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

cook the noodles, throw the flavor packet away, and toss two eggs in while the noodles are boiling

Sounds tasty! But then I would just buy the noodles (I guess this relies on you having a local market that carries asian goods though) and avoid paying extra for the packet I am ditching.

• Options

Thankfully most of the time she's extremely disinterested in the computer so I don't really have to worry. Plus I don't get much of a chance to play games when she's around anyway, so it's not really a big worry.

When she was really little I held her in my arms while I played Borderlands 2, though. Also Sleeping Dogs.

I suppose it doesn't really matter before a certain point. I mean, it's not like she would even register what's going on on the screen when you're bottle feeding her or whatever.

Still, once of the nice things about having dogs instead of kids is that I don't even have to give any of that a second thought... not like I have time to play games anymore. Being an adult does have its drawbacks, huh?

tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mike Blais if you were stuck in a featureless arena with only your hands as weapons would you rather fight a Hippo Sized Hamster or 100 hamster sized hippos

Answer quickly time is of the essence

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    i'm young enough to be making too much money for someone my age and thus squander it away on petty things

the money is

ludicrous

That amazing part of life where you have an honestly pretty low income but extremely low expenses

idk if my expenses are necessarily low so much as there's just a lot of cellphones to be sold

Is it pay by commission? Do you work at like, a Verizon store or something like that?

I will just spoiler this but this is basically my wage information so click if you wanna know I guess

I realize this is not a lot of money in the grand scheme but for part time work it owns

That is not shabby for part time work!

That's actually not far off from what I get paid working fulltime (though, my income is entirely tax free and my rent is also paid for by my job).

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mike Blais if you were stuck in a featureless arena with only your hands as weapons would you rather fight a Hippo Sized Hamster or 100 hamster sized hippos

That's a damn softball, Bluedude, and you know it.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    A hoard of 150 ferrets with wolf like pack mentality

or

You fight a duck that is the size of a horse

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Hippo sized hamster, get on it's back and ride it out of the arena next question

• Options
    I once had a DnD character that rode a goblin named Percy

That was a great campaign

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

Sounds tasty! But then I would just buy the noodles (I guess this relies on you having a local market that carries asian goods though) and avoid paying extra for the packet I am ditching.

yeah, there's no asian market here that I know of

also instant ramen packets are regularly 20 cents apiece and sometimes 10, so it isn't a big investment

• Options
    I am going to have to be really focused when I move back to the States. Because I have built up quite a savings here and will getting a big lump sum right when I leave (they give me back all the money I had to put into a Japanese retirement fund, basically).

And it is going to be SO tempting just to coast at home and play videogames while my saving dwindles.

Gonna have to force myself to go pursue my silly career dreams.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm 29 and miserable in a dead-end entry-level part time job

basically I regret every decision I have ever made and look forward to when I won't have to make them anymore

This is me but with a job that lets me live comfortably and gives good benefits

The biggest accomplishment I've made in the past 6 years is buying a car in 2013, and that only happened because my old car was rear-ended

My life is the sum total of all the consumer goods I've purchased, I've not done anything worthwhile, and I'm further away from getting my shit together than I was when I graduated college

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

the money is

ludicrous

That is not shabby for part time work!

That's actually not far off from what I get paid working fulltime (though, my income is entirely tax free and my rent is also paid for by my job).

My rent includes all utilities except electric which is nice so after gas and insurance and savings I have enough money to do ridiculous things for no reason

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    But whatever, I can self-medicate with alcohol and video games

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Plus that doesn't account for bonuses or spiffs or anything

• Options
    I am going to have to be really focused when I move back to the States. Because I have built up quite a savings here and will getting a big lump sum right when I leave (they give me back all the money I had to put into a Japanese retirement fund, basically).

And it is going to be SO tempting just to coast at home and play videogames while my saving dwindles.

What are your silly career dreams?

tonksigblack.png
  • Options

What are your silly career dreams?

I think the first one is to become a firefighter or some kind of EMT.

Failing that, I am highly considering plumbing (or a similar type trade after doing some research).

I could go get a masters in English or teaching, I guess, given my background but I just don't think it is the right career fit.

• Options
    A hoard of 150 ferrets with wolf like pack mentality

or

You fight a duck that is the size of a horse

Ferrets

You could have said a regular sized duck and the answer would still be ferrets

Have you fucking SEEN ducks

This discussion has been closed.