As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I need kadala to stop giving me archew's and cough up some taskers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    there is one mob that isn't dropping spectrum

all the rest are working fine (around 8 uniques in whimseyshire)

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    spectrum drops, i have one

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ahh. So it's just the one mob. Gotcha.

RE: Taskers. Someone in the G&T thread said it took him something like 19,000 shards to get a set of Taskers from Kadala.

EDIT* Valid points below. Also, RNG.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    D:

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Also yeah I've just been giving her every blood shard I have for gloves since they're the one thing I actually know for sure I want no matter what else I find

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    HexDex wrote: »
    Ahh. So it's just the one mob. Gotcha.

RE: Taskers. Someone in the G&T thread said it took him something like 19,000 shards to get a set of Taskers from Kadala.

Just sample size

I fed her ~6000 as a DH before she gave up a pair of Frostburns for me. In that time, she dropped two Taskers. Within 300 shards after that, she dropped a second pair of Frostburns.

RNG gonna RNG, just stick with it

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ok a lot of people have been calling kadala a stupid bitch, dumb slut and other such like things. rape threats to a video game character. edgy + cool

dont do that! it's FUCKING gross!!!!!

Beasteh on
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    ok a lot of people have been calling kadala a stupid bitch, dumb slut and other such like things. rape threats to a video game character. edgy + cool

dont do that! it's FUCKING gross!!!!!

You know, I honestly didn't even think about it. You are quite right, and I have edited my post accordingly.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's something I cringe at whenever it comes up in chat.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Kadala is our frenemy

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i wish you could gamble plans at kadala

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Kadala will be the main enemy in the next expansion, after jamming a blood shard into her forehead or something. She'll have a special attack that does damage equal to the number of blood shards you've spent, minus the number of legendaries you've found from her. OHKO for everyone.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Kadala will be the main enemy in the next expansion, after jamming a blood shard into her forehead or something. She'll have a special attack that does damage equal to the number of blood shards you've spent, minus the number of legendaries you've found from her. OHKO for everyone.

Aire_Tam_Storm.JPG

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    my tween mind was blown when i figured out what aire tam was backwards

• Options
    that's the stupidest shit ever

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    mlyp

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    It's funny what rng does to people...

Some people are convinced that there's only a small subset of items you can find in any given game, randomized when you join. Implying drops only come from that subset and all other items are impossible.

This has people playing T6 lvl 34 rifts to get a quick "preview" of that subset. Then, if something they like drops, they can see if Kadala will sell them the level 70 version.

Others are convinced that drops are character based. So, if they haven't found starmetal kukri... well, obviously they just have to make an entirely new witch doctor.

:rotate:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I am reminded of people carrying whole back-packs full of rabbits feet in WoW because nobody knew shit about how loot tables work.

• Options
    mlyp
    mad

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I find the use of the RNG in games to be a very instructive tool on how the human mind imposes order on what is a provably random universe.

• Options
    kadala won't give me a nice 2h flail

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Kadala won't give me frostburn gloves. I have been getting a lot of class specific drops lately though.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Kadala won't give me the damn time of day

mkc.png
  • Options

get good scrub

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Kadala won't give me the damn time of day

In fairness, I don't know that their technology is advanced enough to give a real solid breakdown of the rotational cycle of Sanctuary.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I find the use of the RNG in games to be a very instructive tool on how the human mind imposes order on what is a provably random universe.

I saw someone in my guild chat today saying how they leveled a new character of their main class to 70 to "get a fresh RNG loot table"

they were convinced that it worked

I just kinda shook my head

Al_wat on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Kadala just gave my mage a shoulder that makes all her gear indestructible. So yeah, in your face Diablo thread!

• Options

get good scrub
    mlyp
    mad

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    8k or so blood shards and no Tasker and Theo still, thanks Kadala.

Also seeing so many people with nearly/full armor sets is baffling (not counting blackthorne's), I've seen one inna's piece, and no zunis at all, let alone the higher tier sets.

Oh wait no, I did get one piece of that awful monk staff set I think.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    There is definitely a point where I think after X amount of hours, you should be guaranteed a certain level of gear. Right now, even with the Loot 2.0 system, the gear:farming graph doesn't scale properly. In fact, it actually slopes downwards. The more you play, the rarer your upgrades will be come, which ironically means you will probably, on average, invest more hours getting what you need. You can literally play hundreds hours and never see particular drops that are essentially mandatory for a particular level of play. This is why I play alts - because once my characters hit that loot wall, I'm not going to spend another 300 hours to get a single piece of gear.

My monk, for example, has gone through three completely different builds (i.e., three different elements), each of which allowed him to solo at T4 after RoS came out. My crusader has gone through three different builds hitting the same T4 wall. Ironically, my barbarian can do T4 as well, and all but one piece of his gear was obtained by the crusader.

• Options
    I just noticed the grammar in the title

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    There is definitely a point where I think after X amount of hours, you should be guaranteed a certain level of gear. Right now, even with the Loot 2.0 system, the gear:farming graph doesn't scale properly. In fact, it actually slopes downwards. The more you play, the rarer your upgrades will be come, which ironically means you will probably, on average, invest more hours getting what you need. You can literally play hundreds hours and never see particular drops that are essentially mandatory for a particular level of play. This is why I play alts - because once my characters hit that loot wall, I'm not going to spend another 300 hours to get a single piece of gear.

My monk, for example, has gone through three completely different builds (i.e., three different elements), each of which allowed him to solo at T4 after RoS came out. My crusader has gone through three different builds hitting the same T4 wall. Ironically, my barbarian can do T4 as well, and all but one piece of his gear was obtained by the crusader.

at this point your DH could do T4 with as much shit as I've passed down

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    NWKNWK Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how the set bonus on Focus/Restraint works? I feel like I'm being dense here but the wording is confusing as hell.

I ask because I've got a Gyrfalcon's Foote, so Blessed Shield doesn't cost any Wrath. So I'm always at full Wrath, (unless I put another spender on my bar), would that mean I'd always get the 50% damage boost? If that's the case, shouldn't it just read "Your primary resource spenders deal 50% more damage while you are at full resource".

What's the deal with "that spent resource"?

The other possibility as I understand it is that it's only for alpha strikes, like your first spender used when at full resource will get the buff. Does anyone know?

Steam GW2: Silas.5762
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    The Foote won't proc the set bonus after they re-enabled it, it has to spend wrath from max wrath to get the bonus.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    do you guys know if this is still accurate?
    xMtgIex.png

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NWK wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the set bonus on Focus/Restraint works? I feel like I'm being dense here but the wording is confusing as hell.

I ask because I've got a Gyrfalcon's Foote, so Blessed Shield doesn't cost any Wrath. So I'm always at full Wrath, (unless I put another spender on my bar), would that mean I'd always get the 50% damage boost? If that's the case, shouldn't it just read "Your primary resource spenders deal 50% more damage while you are at full resource".

What's the deal with "that spent resource"?

The other possibility as I understand it is that it's only for alpha strikes, like your first spender used when at full resource will get the buff. Does anyone know?
    it's extremely simple

you need to be at full resource and spend resource

foote means you will never spend resource unless you use a different spender

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    of course with foote you just just make shield your left click and switch in something cool like heaven's fury/fires of heaven or what have you

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    pretty much

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    YpPbAoU.jpg

Blizz that's not a good name at all