As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and of course I'm out of town and away from a computer almost the entire week.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    hmmm fetish...buff?

dog buff spirit walk super buff

I guess I'll try it out

edit oh wait fierce loyalty gives an extra dog I am back in

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    fetishes got a huge buff, they cast on hit instead of on cast

try it with rain of toads

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i thought i was burnt out on d3

but witchy d buffs....

• Options
    hmm yes this move speed buff is fantastic who needs 15% damage reduction I am all in on dog count

and yeah fetishes are way better, just not as good with firebats as much of the time which is too bad I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    firebats was annoying because melee range + knockbacks meant you had to respend mana

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    My WD is currently running Pierce the Veil, Sycophants, Midnight Feast, and Fierce Loyalty. It's working out pretty well.
    Finally managed to roll a socket on my Mad Monarch's Scepter. If minion kills could count towards the proc it would be perfect. Even without the proc it's a slight up from my previous leg, without the annoying 20% chance to fear dudes.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    firebats was annoying because melee range + knockbacks meant you had to respend mana

yeah but I don't really like most of witch doctor spenders and firebats gave me the best combination of damage and utility for the thing I actually wanted to do (make more little fetish monsters)

I'm probably just going to stick with rain of toads/vampire bats unless one of the other spenders is better for minion making

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Gonna see how well spiders do at fetish makin'

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

yeah but I don't really like most of witch doctor spenders and firebats gave me the best combination of damage and utility for the thing I actually wanted to do (make more little fetish monsters)

I'm probably just going to stick with rain of toads/vampire bats unless one of the other spenders is better for minion making
    my idea was to just use a really expensive spender + ptv to dump all your mana, then rain of toads won't feel like a waste

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I use Acid Cloud + Lob Blob Bomb as my right-click skill. Probably not as good at making fetishes by by god I love just vomiting poison all over everything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

my idea was to just use a really expensive spender + ptv to dump all your mana, then rain of toads won't feel like a waste

but if I wanted to use ptv then I'd have to decrease my dog count and I just can't do that

I ran a quick rift yesterday for fun and the new stuff all works really well, maybe I'll have to switch it up when I go higher than t1 but so far t2+ hasn't been worth my time

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    rain of toads + wave of mutilation is the highest damage/proc coefficient for shitting out fetishes

• Options
    but then no frozen piranhas, and I'm dumb so I don't really like using using cooldown spells that are one shot or short duration

speaking frozen piranhas is chill just way better than slow effects? Like frozen piranhas seems infinitely more useful for slowing and controlling a crowd than grasp of the dead

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    but then no frozen piranhas, and I'm dumb so I don't really like using using cooldown spells that are one shot or short duration

speaking frozen piranhas is chill just way better than slow effects? Like frozen piranhas seems infinitely more useful for slowing and controlling a crowd than grasp of the dead

It's a lot better than grasp of the dead. It also slows attack speed, and isn't affected by torment monster resistances to slow. Get some frostburns and you'll like it even more.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

It's a lot better than grasp of the dead. It also slows attack speed, and isn't affected by torment monster resistances to slow. Get some frostburns and you'll like it even more.

Oh, neat to know why it was feeling so much more effective for CC and the damage bonus (while small) is fun cause it supports my pets a little

I might have some crappy frostburns in the stash still, maybe I'll play with those until kadala coughs up some taskers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Oh, neat to know why it was feeling so much more effective for CC and the damage bonus (while small) is fun cause it supports my pets a little

I might have some crappy frostburns in the stash still, maybe I'll play with those until kadala coughs up some taskers

Has to be the new frostbourns, should give a 35% chance or so for a full freeze when using frozen piranhas

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    They keep trying to nerf my wiz biz, but it's like going from being in first by 1000 points to in first by 600 points. Still so much freeze. Can't stop that Ice King build.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    What are some good spirit barrage builds for wds

Or should I not even bother anymore from the sound of it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    What are some good spirit barrage builds for wds

Or should I not even bother anymore from the sound of it

Spirit Barrage - Well of Souls
    Frozen Piranhas
    Haunt
    Spirit Walk

Passives:
    Fetish Sycophants
    Rush of Essence

Use with Grin Reaper for additional hilarity.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Grin Reaper owns now

• Options
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beasteh-2141/hero/3818628

this is a pretty fun build

just hit 70 so im hunting for them jerams/taskers etc

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    This weekend I'm probably going to blow all my shards on helms to desperately to try to get a jarams

then on gloves for a tasker

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    15 mystical sources, no burger/spectrum. hrm

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So I was on a public T2 rift with my barb with a puzzle ring equipped when i got...

HCYsD7f.png
    (Leoric's mace came from a free T4 cache)
    Bv2kgBj.png
    GZsobs8.png
    4u4FDKd.png

All I need now is a Ring of Royal Grandeur or an Eyes of the Earth and I'll be a hopping natural disaster.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    That stone of Jordan is fuggin incredible

It is basically a fire damage soj for every class you have, after reforge

Or a near perfect str soj for any element you want for barb or crusader

• Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    are you running in the spectrum farm channel? Took me an hour or two to get spectrum post buff using the channel

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    are you running in the spectrum farm channel? Took me an hour or two to get spectrum post buff using the channel
    Hum, I should try that! For now I'm fed up with Whimsyshire...in other news
    nuughy5jag.jpg

I guess I'll get the socket for....LoH?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    yep reroll loh

also you don't really have to run through if you don't want to, people just shout out when they find a mob and you join

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    hooooooly crap the giant dog from tall man's finger hits SO HARD

• Options
    dave and i found the superjail rift last night

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    superjail is the best

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Dammit, I have squandered this whole weekend.

Tomorrow I play D3.

• Options
    @‌ crusaders
    try fire foth with darklight

its pretty good

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    @‌ crusaders

its pretty good

I tried it with full Akkhan, Maximus, Cindercoat, Reapers, Ess, and it couldn't keep up with laser shotgun.

That said the damage in an AOE clusterfuck like fields of misery with Firestarter up 100% of the time is quite hilarious

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Barb was really lucky with drops. Got one of the set great one handers with a socket and a fulminator with a socket. Also got a shard of hate, but no socket there. Also a bunch of two handers, but going dual wielding has definitely been better for me.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Walt wrote: »
    @‌ crusaders

its pretty good

I tried it with full Akkhan, Maximus, Cindercoat, Reapers, Ess, and it couldn't keep up with laser shotgun.

That said the damage in an AOE clusterfuck like fields of misery with Firestarter up 100% of the time is quite hilarious
    why would you use ess of johan...?

also laser shotgun is op so...

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    LASER SHOTGUN IS PERFECTLY FINE SHUT UP

• Options
    there's a reason they nerfed it in the first place!

who knows why they reverted the nerf

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SHUT UP IT'S PERFECTLY FINE