As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tiny [chat] is dreaming

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    youtu.be/RpRNjESk1v0

@y2jake215 explain trap music to me re: this video

everyone else: nsfw video due to indestructible boners, etc
    What the fuck?

talk to y2jake215 i don't even really listen to trap

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    That $170 is going straight into weed and booze

Citibank: making it easier for your ungrateful privileged teenager to explore adulthood in a haze of basement parties and jungle juice

said the girl who never lied to her parents ever not even once

Hey I'm not condemning fictional college girl in the ad, I just have to laugh at the example of the incontrovertible benefits of mobile banking with Citibank they're trying to sell

in that case can you send me $50 for a chemistry book
    Sure ludious you're totally legit and with my swanky citibank account and mobile app transferring the fund is as easy as ABC

Just send me your banking information, account number, and your usernames and passwords to everything

Okay, sure

WAIT A MINUTE, YOU WENT TO WHORE ACADEMY!

Almost had me there, space prostitute

Whore Academy is a legitimate and accredited educational institution!

Yeah! Earning credits there is back breaking work! You are always stretched thin! There are a lot of sticky situations!

Ludious on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Citibank: making it easier for your ungrateful privileged teenager to explore adulthood in a haze of basement parties and jungle juice

congratulations.
    you are now an old.

:cry:

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

said the girl who never lied to her parents ever not even once

Hey I'm not condemning fictional college girl in the ad, I just have to laugh at the example of the incontrovertible benefits of mobile banking with Citibank they're trying to sell

in that case can you send me $50 for a chemistry book
    Sure ludious you're totally legit and with my swanky citibank account and mobile app transferring the fund is as easy as ABC

Just send me your banking information, account number, and your usernames and passwords to everything

Okay, sure

WAIT A MINUTE, YOU WENT TO WHORE ACADEMY!

Almost had me there, space prostitute

Everytime I hear "Space Whore Academy" this song pops into my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zFFmk80w4

These specialty schools are out of control

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @Irondwill @Jacobkosh‌
    Little help here guys? *points to last page*

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    BY day the skyscraper looms in the smoke and sun and
    has a soul.
    Prairie and valley, streets of the city, pour people into
    it and they mingle among its twenty floors and are
    poured out again back to the streets, prairies and
    valleys.
    It is the men and women, boys and girls so poured in and
    out all day that give the building a soul of dreams
    and thoughts and memories.
    (Dumped in the sea or fixed in a desert, who would care
    for the building or speak its name or ask a policeman
    the way to it?)

Elevators slide on their cables and tubes catch letters and
    parcels and iron pipes carry gas and water in and
    sewage out.
    Wires climb with secrets, carry light and carry words,
    and tell terrors and profits and loves--curses of men
    grappling plans of business and questions of women
    in plots of love.

Hour by hour the caissons reach down to the rock of the
    earth and hold the building to a turning planet.
    Hour by hour the girders play as ribs and reach out and
    hold together the stone walls and floors.

Hour by hour the hand of the mason and the stuff of the
    mortar clinch the pieces and parts to the shape an
    architect voted.
    Hour by hour the sun and the rain, the air and the rust,
    and the press of time running into centuries, play
    on the building inside and out and use it.

Men who sunk the pilings and mixed the mortar are laid
    in graves where the wind whistles a wild song
    without words
    And so are men who strung the wires and fixed the pipes
    and tubes and those who saw it rise floor by floor.
    Souls of them all are here, even the hod carrier begging
    at back doors hundreds of miles away and the brick-
    layer who went to state's prison for shooting another
    man while drunk.
    (One man fell from a girder and broke his neck at the
    end of a straight plunge--he is here--his soul has
    gone into the stones of the building.)

On the office doors from tier to tier--hundreds of names
    and each name standing for a face written across
    with a dead child, a passionate lover, a driving
    ambition for a million dollar business or a lobster's
    ease of life.

Behind the signs on the doors they work and the walls
    tell nothing from room to room.
    Ten-dollar-a-week stenographers take letters from
    corporation officers, lawyers, efficiency engineers,
    and tons of letters go bundled from the building to all
    ends of the earth.
    Smiles and tears of each office girl go into the soul of
    the building just the same as the master-men who
    rule the building.

Hands of clocks turn to noon hours and each floor
    empties its men and women who go away and eat
    and come back to work.
    Toward the end of the afternoon all work slackens and
    all jobs go slower as the people feel day closing on
    them.
    One by one the floors are emptied. . . The uniformed
    elevator men are gone. Pails clang. . . Scrubbers
    work, talking in foreign tongues. Broom and water
    and mop clean from the floors human dust and spit,
    and machine grime of the day.
    Spelled in electric fire on the roof are words telling
    miles of houses and people where to buy a thing for
    money. The sign speaks till midnight.

Darkness on the hallways. Voices echo. Silence
    holds. . . Watchmen walk slow from floor to floor
    and try the doors. Revolvers bulge from their hip
    pockets. . . Steel safes stand in corners. Money
    is stacked in them.
    A young watchman leans at a window and sees the lights
    of barges butting their way across a harbor, nets of
    red and white lanterns in a railroad yard, and a span
    of glooms splashed with lines of white and blurs of
    crosses and clusters over the sleeping city.
    By night the skyscraper looms in the smoke and the stars
    and has a soul.

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    And this is why I can't have nice things, guys!

"So I think I triggered a mild paradox. Since I wrote that blurb about "don't message me, I'll message you," I haven't received one cringe inducing email. In fact now I tend to get more messages and the girls that send them, like yourself, seem attractive and intelligent. The problem is that you are all doing the one thing I explicitly said not to do. If I make an exception for someone then the very first thing I do in the relationship, if it even goes that way, is to compromise my integrity. That isn't the type of precedent I want to set so unfortunately I'm afraid this can't go anywhere even though you sound like a lot of fun."

wtf...

• Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    @Deebaser‌

Just out of idle curiosity, how often do you hear the phrase "Space Whore Academy"?

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I wonder if there is a stock photo market for "sad fat dudes eating salad"

I could be a sttaaaaah

msmya wrote: »

"So I think I triggered a mild paradox. Since I wrote that blurb about "don't message me, I'll message you," I haven't received one cringe inducing email. In fact now I tend to get more messages and the girls that send them, like yourself, seem attractive and intelligent. The problem is that you are all doing the one thing I explicitly said not to do. If I make an exception for someone then the very first thing I do in the relationship, if it even goes that way, is to compromise my integrity. That isn't the type of precedent I want to set so unfortunately I'm afraid this can't go anywhere even though you sound like a lot of fun."

wtf...

... wat

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

wtf...
    YOU MUST HOLD TRUE TO YOUR PRINCIPLES

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    well you see desc

at first, each character is frightened, terrified even - they want nothing more than to turn down at all costs. but they soon realize the futility of resistance, they succumb to the kafkaesque inevitability of turning up. with all earthly worries released, the true power of the dong can be unleashed

*nods slowly*

when the guy and first lady crash through the second ceiling and immediately start dancing I was ready to embrace the stupidity and fun

yes, now you see the path to enlightenment.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth

wtf...

What this describes you not getting isn't what I'd qualify as a "nice thing" so much as a "dodged bullet."

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think my favorite thing about my piano (I may have said this already) is that I can turn it off and then RIGHT BACK ON IF I NEED TO

I realize this is mindblowing to no one but the only other piece of equipment I use that I turn on and off is a fluorescent microscope and if I flip the on/off switch within like twenty minutes of having flipped it I damage the fluorescent lamp.

Deebaser‌

Just out of idle curiosity, how often do you hear the phrase "Space Whore Academy"?

every time I read a hakkes post.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    peeps that strict about shit ain't worth the time

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2014

Speaking from experience?

No. I should have been more irresponsible in college :(

I would have benefitted greatly from experimentation.

Edit: like, gender and social stuff, mostly.

Shivahn on
  • Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Irondwill Jacobkosh‌
    Little help here guys? *points to last page*

Yeah, like I said, wish mobile had a report button. Dude is freaking gooseception.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

wtf...

This is passionately, enthusiastically, and altogether amazingly stupid

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

wtf...

Attempting to find proper sassy no image for response

my powers are too weak

@surrealitycheck is the only one who can help us now

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Shivahn wrote: »

I probably would have benefited a lot if I wasn't so neurotic in college. Also, if I didn't major in architecture and actually had free time. But then, I wouldn't be who I am today, so...

• msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    This is the first message I've gotten back from a guy from the ones I have sent out

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, can we can call this a shit-in instead if a sit-in to protest?

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

wtf...

Attempting to find proper sassy no image for response

my powers are too weak

surrealitycheck is the only one who can help us now

send this back and also a picture of picture with the eyes cut out

http://tlloh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/crazy.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular

That character is not even wearing a canonical uniform.

I mean, a wrist watch, seriously?

emnmnme wrote: »
    What a bizarre old IP to revisit in 2014. Was the show still airing in Japan after the 80s or something?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6G4vMoPF4

Don't jinx it, bro.

I want my David The Gnome Action RPG!

This is the first message I've gotten back from a guy from the ones I have sent out

yeah but he's being a goober

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    tumblr_n2buukbl3V1qaw7qmo1_500.png

elldren frosteey wear this

That character is not even wearing a canonical uniform.

I mean, a wrist watch, seriously?

i feel ill just thinkin about this violation of canon hav they no respect

obF2Wuw.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

wtf...

sounds like a fukken nerd 2 me

Today's Special Survival Horror

The Elephant Show Dating Sim

I failed you @frosteey : (

moniker wrote: »

I probably would have benefited a lot if I wasn't so neurotic in college. Also, if I didn't major in architecture and actually had free time. But then, I wouldn't be who I am today, so...

Eh

At least wrt gender stuff I set myself way the fuck back, possibly permanently, by not acting sooner, so being less neurotic and experimenting more in that regards would be good. But I could probably also stand to have been more generally adventurous and done more things/tried to be more social.

wtf...

sounds like a fukken nerd 2 me

I could hear the Magic cards shuffling when I read "So I think I triggered a mild paradox."
    WHO SAYS THAT???

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Any stir fry advice y'all

Use an oil with a high smoke point

Cut the meat thin

Add garlic near the end so it won't burn

Any other tidbits

moniker wrote: »

Eh

At least wrt gender stuff I set myself way the fuck back, possibly permanently, by not acting sooner, so being less neurotic and experimenting more in that regards would be good. But I could probably also stand to have been more generally adventurous and done more things/tried to be more social.

PINKU EVERYWHERE

obF2Wuw.png
    Organichu wrote: »

Cut the meat thin

Any other tidbits

Mail half of it to Shiv for tribute/testing for poison.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Cut the meat thin

Any other tidbits

Cook the hardier veggies earlier than the more delicate ones

A little chopped ginger and soy sauce are always good in stir fries

This discussion has been closed.