As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I loved the beach in poole.

Almost never sunny, and the water was nice and freezing.

So much fun without excessive sunburn risk.

I don't think I've been there, it is very south so probably not, sounds lovely though!

The beach we went to was next to branksome towers, poole.

Very south, yeah. It was literally the english channel :)

I'll have to go one day :D

There's much nicer places a little along from Poole, for example the fantastically named Studland

Go to pool beach and you have to deal with Poole People (Poolple?) - ask @Angelina what that is like ;)

Also Poole harbour is the site of western Europe largest onshore oil field extraction so it might be more for sailing than swimming ;).

Oh wow, that is a name and a half. Do handsome people live there? What a let down if not.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I loved the beach in poole.

Almost never sunny, and the water was nice and freezing.

So much fun without excessive sunburn risk.

I don't think I've been there, it is very south so probably not, sounds lovely though!

The beach we went to was next to branksome towers, poole.

Very south, yeah. It was literally the english channel :)

I'll have to go one day :D

There's much nicer places a little along from Poole, for example the fantastically named Studland

Go to pool beach and you have to deal with Poole People (Poolple?) - ask @Angelina what that is like ;)

Also Poole harbour is the site of western Europe largest onshore oil field extraction so it might be more for sailing than swimming ;).

Oh wow, that is a name and a half. Do handsome people live there? What a let down if not.

Its mainly old people and outdoorsy types, so you have a 50/50 chance. The place itself is amazingly pretty though!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

Its mainly old people and outdoorsy types, so you have a 50/50 chance. The place itself is amazingly pretty though!

A quick google shows it does, there are some nice sand dunes too by the looks of it!

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    I just don't see the point of a cold beach, and I am not a fan of the sun

Well then. Let me tell you about Korean summers.

which are hot! that would make the beach not cold, just the water.

You said you don't like cold beaches or the sun!

Korea has neither.

It is hot but also overcast.

So your beaches are warm, and not sunny.

(Bonus if you also enjoy being rained on.)

oh I thought you were comin' at me! hell yeah that sounds nice

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the sun and the beach both own

EzUAYcn.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    I like the beach but the sun and I are mortal enemies. Except for when I was camping on the weekend and it rained for 2/3 days. (We called a truce on the third day.)

When I went to Florida in July, we went to Clearwater Beach. One hour in the sun and I was already burnt as heeeeeeeeeeeck

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I like the beach but the sun and I are mortal enemies. Except for when I was camping on the weekend and it rained for 2/3 days. (We called a truce on the third day.)

When I went to Florida in July, we went to Clearwater Beach. One hour in the sun and I was already burnt as heeeeeeeeeeeck

Come to East Scotland - huge sandy beaches and none of that pesky sunlight!

i am an advocate for the big floppy sun hat

EzUAYcn.png
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    The sun and I are old enemies too. I'll never forget the sunburns I got at swimming pools or on a boat. There is nothing like feeling hot and itchy and like a million bees are stinging you at once. Or seeing your entire back and shoulders raise in angry blisters. Or waking up after you somehow fell asleep and realizing your blisters broke and now your entire bed is covered with blood.

I'm gonna get me a hat like Marceline's.

That has been added to the top of my vacation list. It even beats out Alaska and Nova Scotia!

(I'm actually going to be going to England between Christmas and New Year's to visit my sister in London. I wanna try and swing a few visits to some nearby countries since I've never been to Europe before and I am so excited)

Steam
    crwth wrote: »
    i am an advocate for the big floppy sun hat

I have two of them! And yet I somehow always manage to forget to bring them on holiday and have to add yet another big floppy sunhat to my big floppy sunhat collection every time.

Steam
    try to find a full body sun hat to ensure maximum sun protection

if that's not a thing then dibs and ill see you suckers from the top of my gigantic money pile

EzUAYcn.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    My method for going to the beach as the pale redhead:
    Day 1: Apply sunscreen, still burn horribly and turn bright red
    Day 2: Inside to heal
    Day 3: Apply sunscreen, still burn horribly and turn bright red
    Repeat until end of beach trip. Lose all of topmost layer of skin.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    The best thing for sunburn, I've discovered? Keep aloe vera gel in the fridge.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The best thing for sunburn, I've discovered? Keep aloe vera gel in the fridge.
    That stuff is magical and amazing and holy jesus is it cold when you first apply it.

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    The aloe vera with lidocaine is great when you've really gone and fucked up your skin.

I like the sun. It just doesn't like me back.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    diLeN3kl.jpg

Y/N?

that's navy not black

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited August 2014
    the color is not 100% clear from photo

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/free-4-flyknit-running-shoe/pid-1474232/pgid-1524835 they're the 4th ones in this list

i was also considering the 3rd in the bottom row (black and white)… my coworker has those multicolor ones on the bottom tho which are cool too hmm

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I like the black and white ones but then again I'm boring

I kinda like those too

But my friend who was with me said black and white was boring

But I like these too, I'm just not sure if, you know, navy and fluorescent pink is too bold...

Nike store is close to work so will be easy to swap em out tomorrow or early next week hm

poo
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Man, it must be nice still having enough ozone that you still can go to the beach.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

Come to Best Scotland instead. 8-)

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Wow, the eshakti order was an almost complete failure :( I splurged on five dresses, all fit to my measurements. All but one is going back.

On the other hand, this cutout green dress looks great. Sleeves are a bit tight, but it fits well otherwise! It's almost like they used the wrong measurements for the rest.

• Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    My ties came in!

http://imgur.com/iKAcMCP

Where did you get the arrows one? I didn't know I needed that until right now.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One of my two dresses fits my chest okayish, the other looks ridiculous in the chest even though everything else fits the same.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    My ties came in!

http://imgur.com/iKAcMCP

Where did you get the arrows one? I didn't know I needed that until right now.

Both are from Cyberoptix!
    http://cyberoptix.com/quiverarrows.php

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is it just a coincidence that the quiver of arrows is on a purple tie? I thought it was like, Hawkeye merchandise.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    They have a number of colors to choose from
    I can neither confirm nor deny I had any particular reason to choose purple

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Every time I consider buying a nice tie, I think back to when I was 18 and bought that ThinkGeek 8 bit tie.

I have never ever worn it.

I don't deserve nice things.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I kinda like those too

But my friend who was with me said black and white was boring

But I like these too, I'm just not sure if, you know, navy and fluorescent pink is too bold...

Nike store is close to work so will be easy to swap em out tomorrow or early next week hm

Okay, so you can customise those Free Flyknit iDs. Make them look like this, then order a pair in your size:

http://imgur.com/A6JAXJ9

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I would say you've gone full Hawkeye, but I don't think Clint would know how to use a tie.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I would say you've gone full Hawkeye, but I don't think Clint would know how to use a tie.

first issue, bro

hawkeyepanels2.jpg

He probably had Kate do that for him

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think it's a shame that my job doesn't necessitate ties, just so that I could be out after work with it half loosened.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I would love to dress in suits, but I feel like with my body type it would just look really bulky and silly. Maybe if I could do it if I had a really well tailored outfit, but I don't know.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    A well tailored outfit always looks good, by dint of it being fitted perfectly to you. There's a suit for every body, somewhere out there.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    A well fitted suit looks good on every body type. For reals.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's why I'm not saying "never" without actually seeing myself in a tailored suit. But right now I think if I were to try it I would look like a girl playing dress up in her father's work clothes.

Maybe one day...

This discussion has been closed.