Options

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    bought a fuckin' waistcoat and i dont regret it
    yerda_zpsfec3f9f4.jpg

You look like a gentleman that

-very classily-

wrestles bears for fun and profit.

And wins.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    berk is now the da

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Man, all you ladies talkin bout long hair. That and having just turned 25 on Thursday makes me miss my long hair.

I mean, I'm saving a ton of money on shampoo, and I don't have to carry hair ties anymore, but that's besides the point.
    HQf1QJl.jpg
    5upmwn4.jpg

And that was already a year ago. I mean, I'm glad I donated it, but that was also cause I had some really bad scalp problems and couldn't figure out why. I thought cutting the hair would help but it did not and just made the problems more noticeable. I guess I needed that push to go to a doctor and figure out I needed a medicated shampoo.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Marchwarden of Beardlorien Registered User regular
    hrm the Nike Frees feel a bit narrow after wearing them for a bit around the house, kinda hurting my feet... hrm i might have to return them but we will see

I'm so used to my roomy barefooty shoes that i wear most days hrm :<

vivobarefoot-ra-leather-navy-canvas-mens-c.jpg

I know this is probably a bit late but!

Vivos are where it's at! Although recently their newer women's shoes have been super narrow and stiff. So I just bought a pair of men's!

• Options
    Wait, what the hell's a barefoot shoe? The website just looks like they sell flip flops and regular shoes.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Man, I'd a buy a cask of ale and a pigs head of off Berk.

I should spruce up my wardrobe a bit. It's all plaid shirts and wool cardigans in muted earth colours. I am basically the platonic ideal of "Man at Coffee House".

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You're a dangerous, unstable deviant!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Also, why is it so hard to find a wool/tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows?!?!

@timspork's ghost As someone who has also indulged in stereotypical librarian chic I can tell you that eBay is a surprisingly rich store of tweed coats, both with and without patches (you can always add them after the fact).

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    dear fashion thread thank you so much for letting me meticulously pick through the pages and cop all of your swag to help me become a more presentable human being.

hopefully one day I can become the best dressed EVO champion and make you all proud.

also i have a lot more faces to put to names now and you are all truly a lovely looking bunch. <3

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    dear fashion thread thank you so much for letting me meticulously pick through the pages and cop all of your swag to help me become a more presentable human being.

hopefully one day I can become the best dressed EVO champion and make you all proud.

also i have a lot more faces to put to names now and you are all truly a lovely looking bunch. <3

I don't think you can truly be EVO Champ unless they win with a rockin' beard as well, though I may be biased. But Arthur does back this statement up.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I don't think you can truly be EVO Champ unless they win with a rockin' beard as well, though I may be biased. But Arthur does back this statement up.

trust me.

i bring the beard.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Man...every time I see pictures of a hella-rad duochrome nail polish, it turns out to be a UK brand.

I also heard recently that the UK has banned like 200+ chemicals from beauty products, and the US has banned only like...20 or so?

I feel the US got the [self-imposed] short end of the stick, here.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    It's super super good that I don't live on the north side of the city, because

A) Being downtown is fucking great, but

B ) I forgot how much damage a trip to H&M can inflict if I let it

Anyway I had an interview so I got an interview-appropriate dress.

7dZfhRil.jpg

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It also reminded me how baffling and arbitrary women's sizing is

This dress is a six and looks great!

This dress is a 14 and you look like sausage links!

What the hell, manufacturers

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That looks lovely!

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    It also reminded me how baffling and arbitrary women's sizing is

This dress is a six and looks great!

This dress is a 14 and you look like sausage links!

What the hell, manufacturers

THE INVISIBLE HAND OF THE FREE MARKET IS GUIDING THE SIZES APPROPRIATELY, CONSUMER.

O
    B
    E
    Y

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    H&M is really good for work wear.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Man...every time I see pictures of a hella-rad duochrome nail polish, it turns out to be a UK brand.

I also heard recently that the UK has banned like 200+ chemicals from beauty products, and the US has banned only like...20 or so?

I feel the US got the [self-imposed] short end of the stick, here.

I will forever sing the praises of peace and love and opi

It's a grey based duo chrome that flashes green and purple in the sun. I LOVE IT

2977E2CA-84F4-4C46-B735-2F6097031B41-9105-00000596CDC2B68C_zpsedbc1231.jpg

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    WANT

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2021
    Just made it into the thread, I see. :)

So these were taken with two different cameras, but you get the idea. @Creagan <3

ceres on
  • Options
    All the waves are blowdried out, but it's actually wavy like Creagan's in her picture.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Blue hairs <3<3<3

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ooooh, It's so much deeper than I thought it'd be! That's a gorgeous color! Thank you for sharing!!!

Creagan on
  • Options
    It is supposed to be a midnight blue. You can see it best in natural light. In dim light it just looks black, which is what I'm going for. <3

I wish my hair grew this way. It's one of those things where it's just the color my hair is. The fact that I have to dye it to get it there is immaterial.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So I don't want to bump the "crafty thread" for this, but I figure it's relevant here?

I went shopping today, got some nice clothings...decided one piece was nice, but needed some alterations (gaping armholes in the front, bra scandalously visible).

Took it back home, pinned it and basted some stitches by hand, and did some mediocre sewing-machine sewn stitches to the sides and made the straps slightly shorter (my first on-a-garment machine stitches in about 15 years)...I decided that I was still inexperienced enough where actually cutting the fabric would be too risky, though it likely would've resulted in a better look.

They're not perfect (and I would like to redo a few of them, but the stitch lengths are so small and it's such a delicate fabric - chiffon, I think - I'm afraid I might ruin the fabric if I try to take them out) but it fits much better than it did! So I'll take that as a success for my first alteration. :)

I also learned that my sewing machine pedal goes from "very slow, to slightly faster" to "VERY FAST OH GOD WHAT" and it's verrrry hard to find a medium-speed stitch. That's one of the reasons I think some of my stitches got a bit messed up.

BUT. Overall pretty happy with it as a first try. I might post pictures in the distant future if I get everything a bit more polished.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    this post isn't really fashion related it's more like body image/weight loss i guess so i'll spoil it
    so today was my little brother's birthday and i just saw a picture my grandma took from our get together, the only picture of me taken there actually

and i'm honestly really weirded out looking at this photo and knowing that that person is me and that that's what i look like

i've got a lot of brain spiders about my body, which come from being super overweight most of my life (capping out at 320 pounds at the end of high school)

i've posted this picture before in other posts about my weight loss but like it keeps getting weirder as the way i look keeps changing but this was me graduation day

261651_213550995352956_3064347_n.jpg

and this was me today (obviously not a great pose to compare it with but i think the idea is still there)

10543527_278753512330744_86348959034012304_o.jpg

like my life is immeasurably better now to the point where i look back on my first 18-19 years of life and just wish i could help that guy out so much

but honestly i'm still young and i've put myself on a much better path and i'm proud of where i'm going but like holy shit

that guy is me. i can sit comfortably on an airplane, i don't have to worry if something i sit on is gonna break, i don't feel embarrassed to leave my house, i don't constantly do anything i can to make sure people can only see parts of me or get good angles, i can eat in front of people and not in the back of my mind think that they're all just judging the fat guy for eating.

i get to just be me and it's like what the fuck

but a good what the fuck

thank you for your time

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hi5 Swordfights! That is really fantastic.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    And that was already a year ago. I mean, I'm glad I donated it, but that was also cause I had some really bad scalp problems and couldn't figure out why. I thought cutting the hair would help but it did not and just made the problems more noticeable. I guess I needed that push to go to a doctor and figure out I needed a medicated shampoo.

Obviously see a doctor if you gotta - you know your hair better than I do :pensive: , but I highly recommend this stuff. Helped my scalp a bunch.
    http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/hair-care-products/hair-top-rated/ginger-scalp-care-shampoo.aspx

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I got new glasses but the picture I have of them is way to selfie for this thread I think

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    I got new glasses but the picture I have of them is way to selfie for this thread I think

Just take another, but go easy on the duckface this time.

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

Just take another, but go easy on the duckface this time.

i have resting duck face, so

• Options
    MattitudeMattitude Paste Pot Pete Kicking The BucketRegistered User regular
    I felt good about my outfit today so I took pictures:

I don't care if it isn't 1993 anymore.

I got this Tumblr and I don't know how to use it.
    Decide on the next line by the rhyme when I choose it.
    Also I put songs on YouTube
    The musings of this lonely rube.

I made a thread once. It didn't end well for me.
  • Options
    HEY MATT IT ISN'T 19

• Options
    Mattitude wrote: »
    I don't care if it isn't 1993 anymore.

oh, nevermind.

• Options
    No, Nevermind came out in '91

• Options
    Ahahahaha, A+, sir

Although if I were wearing that outfit here I would melt into a puddle and die.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    It's the Maiden poster that makes it

• Options
    If I had a denim shirt I would triple denim all day every day and not even care.

I long for winter so I can wear my leather.

This is my design.

This discussion has been closed.