As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I need these glasses immediately
    wQTEuQO.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Wait, what the hell's a barefoot shoe? The website just looks like they sell flip flops and regular shoes.

it's just like, one thats super flexible, lots of room for toes, and minimal support

basically kinda like not wearing shoes, but with some protection
    and not looking like a guy with toe shoe vibrams

i've gotten used to them over time so now wearing other shoes can be annoying but i manage for fashions sake
    but for comfort ooo i love these

poo
  • Options
    went to uniqlo to buy 1 pair of jeans to replace current pair of jeans

300 dollars later....

poo
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

300 dollars later....

I think they just had a jeans promotion this past weekend.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Wait, what the hell's a barefoot shoe? The website just looks like they sell flip flops and regular shoes.

it's just like, one thats super flexible, lots of room for toes, and minimal support

basically kinda like not wearing shoes, but with some protection
    and not looking like a guy with toe shoe vibrams

i've gotten used to them over time so now wearing other shoes can be annoying but i manage for fashions sake
    but for comfort ooo i love these

Checked the website. Love the idea, don't love the price.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    yeah, they are way overpriced for what they make, but the problem is the lack of competition there

poo
  • Options

300 dollars later....

oh boo

i was almost going to go on sunday, i live walking distance from one, i was just too lazy to leave my apartment

poo
  • Options

300 dollars later....

oh boo

i was almost going to go on sunday, i live walking distance from one, i was just too lazy to leave my apartment

I used to work at the 5th Avenue one. The employee discount is just annoying enough to use that I barely ever did, and I certainly didn't ask my friends who still worked there once I left.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    i bought this shirt cuz it was on clearance idk what
    also i realized sometimes i should get XS t-shirts cuz i am actually a tiny human

also new jeans

(one of 5 pairs of pants I got err)

EFjSUtgl.jpg

poo
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Was waiting for me at my parents' house because apparently I forgot to update my shipping address
    IMG_20140826_203839_zps11944a98.jpg

I'll wait a few days to see if i can get my bikini confidence up, didn't quite expect it today
    I still wouldn't post a pic of it

Psykoma on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Curiosity and certainly no obligation to answer, do you mean you wouldn't post a picture because of lack of confidence or because you just don't want to?

'cause that affects my reaction button choice in a serious way!

• Options
    Well like, I will be wearing it, just not after the last weekend and the exorbitant amounts of junk food and bloating.

But posting a picture in a bikini, unless its an action shot where I'm doing something noteworthy other than wearing a bikini, is one of my personal "it doesn't go on the internet" lines.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Is that the bikini that tynic linked earlier?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yase it is, I totally stole it from her

Psykoma on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Can I ask where ya got yours?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Can I ask where ya got yours?

From this ebay seller

I ordered it on the 2nd, and it arrived last night, shipping from china.

The hook in the back that they have pictured isn't the one I received.
    Mine has a hook like this:
    61N5nid7pwL._SL1500_.jpg
    but in black

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Awesome thanks!

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I should find my bathing suit and post a picture with all my fat rolls, hair, and bad skin hanging out. I'm stuck wondering if people will see it as a call to self acceptance of a grim warning against bad pictures.

• Options
    I should find my bathing suit and post a picture with all my fat rolls, hair, and bad skin hanging out. I'm stuck wondering if people will see it as a call to self acceptance of a grim warning against bad pictures.

From you I imagine a "you know you want this" vibe?

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Hey fashion thread. I need fashion advice.

I bought a dress shirt and I think it might be ridiculously large but I'm not sure. I usually think shirts fit weird so I don't trust myself very much.
    GPxHTvp.jpg5ARymlp.jpg

I've tried tucking it different ways but as soon as I move around a bit it just starts bunching up everywhere. There's just so much cloth.

Basically does it look acceptable or terrible?

• Options
    From the front I think it looks okay (other than the sleeves), but from the side, the back is way too baggy

Can you return it?

• Options
    yeah looks bit baggy to me imo

poo
  • Options
    Yeah the back feels ridiculously puffy, as well as the sleeves. Gonna go back and see if I can exchange it.

Some day I'll learn to properly try out clothes in-store instead of panicking and just buying something.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That colour really suits you on the plus side!

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    It looks like the entire shirt may be a size too big. But it's hard to tell because of the way you tucked the shirt in with all the fabric pulled to the back. The shirt seems to be just a bit too loose in the shoulders. (Shoulder seems should meet at the corner of your shoulder bone.) And if that's the case, the shirt should be returned, not exchanged for a smaller size because a smaller shirt will be too tight in the shoulder.

However, seeing as pulling all the fabric to the back of the shirt can create an illusion of a better fitting garment (which is why they'll frequently do that in women's fashion to make things seem less boxy,) I'd untuck the shirt and examine the shoulders before making a final decision. If, when untucked, they appear far too loose, then you can exchange the shirt for a smaller size.

• Options
    the way the sleeve is bunched up and the way the shoulders sit it deffo looks like it could be a size too big

but it's also kind of a baggy shirt anywho it looks like
    and you seem like a trim fella

poo
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Holy crap Flarne I forgot you said you'd cut off all your hair. That gave me quite a shock

• Options
    Note that if anyone comes up to me at PAX to ask me about this I will immediately punch them in the throat.

So @tube is that a date, then?

Someone please get him down to Portland on Sunday

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Holy crap Flarne I forgot you said you'd cut off all your hair. That gave me quite a shock

I thought the same thing! Took me a second!

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Note that if anyone comes up to me at PAX to ask me about this I will immediately punch them in the throat.

So tube is that a date, then?

Someone please get him down to Portland on Sunday

it's amazing what happens when you quit reading a thread for like 800 posts

Used the bogo on eshakti with the referral credit and the random gift cards they sent me to order this and this custom fitted, above the knee, cap sleeves added instead of the weird mini-caps that they had to start with... anxiously awaiting them so I can flounce around the house in them. Ended up being $37 shipped and customized for both dresses, not bad at all

- sorry tube I forgot to edit out the mention

cabsy on
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Shirts are a mystery to me. That thing is a slimfit too so I wonder how the regulars are, I could probably live inside one.

I thought the same thing! Took me a second!

I keep forgetting that is a thing I did so I'm always confused for a second when people comment on it.

It's very practical. I can roll out of bed in the morning without looking disheveled. Highly recommended.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    Hey fashion thread. I need fashion advice.

I bought a dress shirt and I think it might be ridiculously large but I'm not sure. I usually think shirts fit weird so I don't trust myself very much.
    GPxHTvp.jpg5ARymlp.jpg

I've tried tucking it different ways but as soon as I move around a bit it just starts bunching up everywhere. There's just so much cloth.

Basically does it look acceptable or terrible?

Don't know how tall you are, but I found that for me being skinny and not that tall, Zara Black label slim fit shirts so far had the best fit when it came to shirts that are a bit nicer and heavier without being all that expensive.

• Options
    Got rest of my pants back from uniqlo

one of them was "leggings jeans"

holy shit man these are so comfy

I shoulda bought like 3 pairs of these they were only 20 bucks a piece

eh i am broke

poo
  • Options
    though i now realize it might be real easy to pitch a tent in these compared to conventional jeans

so

that is something to consider

poo
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i too love to camp

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    So I finally wore a dress that has been sitting in my closet for months for the first time today and I guess I look really nice because I got a lot of looks on the train this morning. I was starting to get paranoid that I might have something on my face or that it was secretly sheer until I got into the office and my graduate assistant freaked out over how nice I looked.

But that was a really weird commute in.

• Options
    This was pointed out to me by @amiealouette:
    11553-theboss_zps22fec5ff.jpg
    30A21E7D-11FD-4E1C-98EF-09FE5C6DC31E_zpsk3j7syjy.jpg

...Im gonna need some work done on my eyebrows to pull that off.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Do you know how to snatch a pistol out of somebody's hand and pull the slide off?

If you can do that you're golden.

• Options
    Do you know how to snatch a pistol out of somebody's hand and pull the slide off?

If you can do that you're golden.

In theory, yes.

In practice, i'll probably need some practice.

This discussion has been closed.