We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

Hearth[chat] : Hit it very hard!

16791112100

Posts

  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    DROOP THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR FACE IF SO

    Chanus
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    override367 on
    DemonStaceyEchoDeebaser
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    The day Chris Metzen croaks will be the biggest boon to Blzizard's creativity and storytelling in 20 years.

    him and that guy that did ME3's ending should get together and do the story for a game

    It will be as weird as Bioshock Infinite's plot but as nonsensical as a republican healthcare plan and the whole game the big bad spouts bullshit non sequiturs at you like "THE CREATED WILL ALWAYS DESTROY THEIR CREATORS"

    The guy who did ME3s ending wasn't even the story guy.
    It was like here are our storytellers
    But then at the end the BOSSMAN comes in and is like hey guys I wrote this ending on a napkin while eating lobster. Let's use this.
    But boss, this is kind of shi--
    FINISH THAT SENTENCE AND YOURE FIRED STEVE
    Boss it sounds excellent!
    THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

    Bless your heart.
    override367a5ehrenPLA
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    I blame the fermented shark meat

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    DemonStacey
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh‌

    Hal Douglas died. :(

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also Wisp will always be Wisp. Not Io. Ugh so bad.

    03x29di.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    the fuck was with Diablo taunting you for the entire last level

    why do games all feel the need to do that these days

    201205211.png

    the quote where jay wilson said that they had been aiming for a 'pulpy story' suggests to me that, even with metzen leaning back after all the complaining about corruption plots, the other leads also didn't really get diablo 2

    aRkpc.gif
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    from listening to you guys describe it LoL is everything that is wrong with multiplayer gaming

    if you wanna know why i never game on public servers anymore go into any pub game of LoL

    i either play with people i know from my LAN group or not at all

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm not making that story up.
    He literally wrote the ending on a napkin while having an overpriced meal.
    He set records on the hitlerscale.

    Bless your heart.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    jfOuB11.jpg
    ?

    ChanusDemonStaceysurrealitycheck
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    You have to learn a champ you don't want to learn because you have to learn as many champs as you can because you need to know at least 2 or 3 champs for all roles and lanes. You're not always going to get to play the role you want, even when everyone you're playing with is super cool and nice. I guess my answer to this is "It's not starcraft, you don't always get to choose Terran. Sometimes you have to play Protoss."

    Deebaser
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Chanus, if you wanna include an image from imgur:

    i.imgur.com/LETTERS.png

    Always make sure it's got the i. before imgur and just put a random image extension on it. Imgur serves the same thing no matter whether you put LETTERS.jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
    Chanus
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh‌

    Hal Douglas died. :(

    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    realistically if you're unable to tolerate having noobs on your team in public multiplayer games your options are limited to always playing with your own group of veterans or just not playing

    Casual, you're fighting a strawman. I'm not talking about "noobs" or "noobz". I am talking about enabling a specific behavior that I do not like.

  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Appropriately, unicorn-soup also did this strip, which is a pretty accurate representation of me listening in on friends playing either shooter games (which they are bad at), or LoL:

    TZbelBq.png

    Evigilant
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Chanus, if you wanna include an image from imgur:

    i.imgur.com/LETTERS.png

    Always make sure it's got the i. before imgur and just put a random image extension on it. Imgur serves the same thing no matter whether you put LETTERS.jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

    no I know I'm just having a moment

    thanks though

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Decided to put my GameCube-games in a box. More shelf-space, now.

  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    yes, people think new champions are more powerful but the data does not bear that out

    just because Yasuo comes out and someone gets rolled and they forget all the times that Katarina or Yi or Akali (all old champions) did the exact same thing to them

    The win rates for individual champions outside of the top 30% or so of ranked players are meaningless anyway, it's all about teamwork.

    override367 on
    DemonStacey
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i thought the me3 ending was awesome, you bros are crazy

    919UOwT.png
    Irond Will
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    You have to learn a champ you don't want to learn because you have to learn as many champs as you can because you need to know at least 2 or 3 champs for all roles and lanes. You're not always going to get to play the role you want, even when everyone you're playing with is super cool and nice. I guess my answer to this is "It's not starcraft, you don't always get to choose Terran. Sometimes you have to play Protoss."

    solution: just play aram and mash buttons at people.

    Delmain
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    You have to learn a champ you don't want to learn because you have to learn as many champs as you can because you need to know at least 2 or 3 champs for all roles and lanes. You're not always going to get to play the role you want, even when everyone you're playing with is super cool and nice. I guess my answer to this is "It's not starcraft, you don't always get to choose Terran. Sometimes you have to play Protoss."

    I do recognize that but then replace the champ I want to learn with the 'champs' I want to learn.

    I'm not saying it's a crime against humanity but it is accurate. I'm not suddenly going to start the game as a great player because I can't pick whoever I want, I still have to learn the individual champ. I'm not restricted to only basic champs because the learning curve is hard so they block off complex champs. so the notion of limiting so someone doesn't have to play with a noob who makes a bad pick doesn't really make sense to me. any given game could be someone's first as that champ/in that role.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I play DoTA mostly with PA folks. It is more fun that way.

    But I have a deep love of multiplayer, especially competitive games. I love them, I have since middle school. Counter Strike, Starcraft, DoTA, SC2, C&C, Battlefield and stuff. Played tons of them.

    03x29di.png
    Variable
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    learning is iterative. You don't go from scrub to god tier after a certain number of games.

    The first game with the champ is likely to be your worst all things being equal.

    override367
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I'm not making that story up.
    He literally wrote the ending on a napkin while having an overpriced meal.
    He set records on the hitlerscale.

    I


    What

    : (

  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    yes, people think new champions are more powerful but the data does not bear that out

    just because Yasuo comes out and someone gets rolled and they forget all the times that Katarina or Yi or Akali (all old champions) did the exact same thing to them
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    yes, people think new champions are more powerful but the data does not bear that out

    just because Yasuo comes out and someone gets rolled and they forget all the times that Katarina or Yi or Akali (all old champions) did the exact same thing to them

    Yeah, the only thing I could agree that they power creep with is champs on release. Like, they have a pretty bad track record of releasing a champ, it being completely OP, and being nerfed like a week later. For that one week, the champ is super powerful, and a ton of people buy it, but then it's nerfed back into balance.

    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple is a terrible company.
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    what you write on doesn't have anything to do with the quality of it

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The end of ME3 was bad but the whole game was sort of ropey.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    ronya wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    the fuck was with Diablo taunting you for the entire last level

    why do games all feel the need to do that these days

    201205211.png

    the quote where jay wilson said that they had been aiming for a 'pulpy story' suggests to me that, even with metzen leaning back after all the complaining about corruption plots, the other leads also didn't really get diablo 2

    They hired a dev that had worked on (I think) one of the first two Fallout games, or maybe both. Originally they were going to have a branching story.

    That got axed for multiplayer reasons, and that guy was completely wasted and they ended up with the bland story-sludge we got.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    surrealitycheck
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    from listening to you guys describe it LoL is everything that is wrong with multiplayer gaming

    acculy iz lot uf fn
    gooby pls

    DemonStacey
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    diablo 3's plot did not need to be particularly deep, but it did need to flatter the player's sense of importance, rather than continually slapping them in the face about how silly it is

    aRkpc.gif
    RedTide
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Delmain wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    yes, people think new champions are more powerful but the data does not bear that out

    just because Yasuo comes out and someone gets rolled and they forget all the times that Katarina or Yi or Akali (all old champions) did the exact same thing to them
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    yes, people think new champions are more powerful but the data does not bear that out

    just because Yasuo comes out and someone gets rolled and they forget all the times that Katarina or Yi or Akali (all old champions) did the exact same thing to them

    Yeah, the only thing I could agree that they power creep with is champs on release. Like, they have a pretty bad track record of releasing a champ, it being completely OP, and being nerfed like a week later. For that one week, the champ is super powerful, and a ton of people buy it, but then it's nerfed back into balance.

    That's not actually always true, that's true of most CertainlyT designed champions, but that's because CertainlyT wants his champions to be fun first and foremost. For every launch Darius there's a launch Lucian (who actually turned out to be really good when the meta shifted in his favor)

    Many champions completely flounder on launch in terms of power

    override367 on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Not having all the champs available bothered me until I realized it takes like a hundred games to get a champ down

    so I'm x+100 games from learning a butt load of champs where x is how many games it takes to unlock them

    but still for my first 99 games I won't know waht I'm doing, I just have to learn a champ that maybe I don't want to learn

    learning is iterative. You don't go from scrub to god tier after a certain number of games.

    The first game with the champ is likely to be your worst all things being equal.

    right so what's the difference what's open to me?

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Also the "expensive" LOL heroes are not ones with advanced mechanics. They're the most powerful. There's a power creep built into their business model. They show you the new one and how powerful it is, then you have to pay for it. The balance is making it gradually and not game breaking

    ew

    Yeah it would be ew

    If it weren't complete bullshit

    the newest champion on the top ten is from 2012

    I don't know what I'm looking at exactly but I am glad that it's bullshit. (I assume you mean that the new champs are more powerful)

    Top 10 champion winrates.

    He's saying the newest champion on the top 10 was released in 2012.

    Using some actual data instead of just saying "all the new champs are too strong" without any data.

    Granted there is a certain level of overall powercreep.

    But when an older champ falls behind they go back and rework them to bring them up to speed.

    So it's not really a problem!

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I'm not making that story up.
    He literally wrote the ending on a napkin while having an overpriced meal.
    He set records on the hitlerscale.

    I


    What

    : (

    Yeah. Casey Hudson had a completely different idea of what Mass Effect was actually about from the people who were actually writing it. Which is, uh, a bit unfortunate.

  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    diablo 3's plot did not need to be particularly deep, but it did need to flatter the player's sense of importance, rather than continually slapping them in the face about how silly it is

    there was a plot in diablo 3?

  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Ascension questions:
    1) any (practical, legal) restriction on center deck size?

    2) any restrictions on mixing base sets, expansions, and additional cards? For example, are the following center decks 'legal'?
    a) two RotF expansions
    b) two Chronicles of the Godslayer
    c) two King of the Rat promo packs, an Apprentice Edition, and the Chronicles of the Godslayer

    3) are there a maximum (or minimum) number of mystic and heavy infantry cards per game? Something like, "No more than 35 (for 2 players); no less than 20"?

    I understand these are weird questions.
    Not really. However many of the cards from other versions don't really fit with certain mechanics. Also I find that the game+expansion is generally pretty solid without adding a bunch of extra stuff.

  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    diablo 3's plot did not need to be particularly deep, but it did need to flatter the player's sense of importance, rather than continually slapping them in the face about how silly it is
    they could have cut all the dialog and plot and it would have been much better

    it was cool feeling badass but it also made the whole thing a foregone conclusion. it felt like they were just waiting for you to win the game.

    I really hope the expansion is better. I like all the gameplay changes and I'm looking forward to playing but I'd love if the plot wasn't godawful.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.