As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive [chat] disposal

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Ludious you can also clip the fitbit to your shoe laces.

I only wear velcro, I'm classy like that

... Macklemore-sama?

Bless your heart.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Velcro is the way of the future.

Illuminati are keeping us back with laces for some nefarious purpose yet revealed.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    @Feral - So drupal upgrade broke ALL the navigation, all of the views, and all of the taxonomies.

but the nodes, users, and ubercart orders all carried over flawlessly.

I can just move these tables into a not-fucked clean drupal 7 install now and rebuild the views.

This is... acceptable.

@syndalis‌

That is significantly less horrible than it could have been!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @Feral - So drupal upgrade broke ALL the navigation, all of the views, and all of the taxonomies.

I can just move these tables into a not-fucked clean drupal 7 install now and rebuild the views.

This is... acceptable.

@syndalis‌

CCK fields are completely fucked... there is a module / project out there to convert them into d7 fields... hrmmm...

I wonder if I move the CCK tables over to the new database, and install the module, if it will do the linking there too.

hrmm

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I was meaning to ask how the gym was going for you @Ludious?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    @‌syndalis
    I want a suit for Boston. I've looked and my schedule just doesn't allow me to get over to a Brooks Brothers in New Orleans. Will suggested a few good things online but I am pretty sure they don't have my size. So since I am STUCK going to Men's Wearhouse, what brands should I look at and what should I avoid? What traps should I avoid?

Obviously you should just buy ten black turtlenecks and some black suit pants.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious you can also clip the fitbit to your shoe laces.

I only wear velcro, I'm classy like that

... Macklemore-sama?

more like macklemobese

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    @‌syndalis
    I want a suit for Boston. I've looked and my schedule just doesn't allow me to get over to a Brooks Brothers in New Orleans. Will suggested a few good things online but I am pretty sure they don't have my size. So since I am STUCK going to Men's Wearhouse, what brands should I look at and what should I avoid? What traps should I avoid?

i wish i could help you - it's been many years since i have been in a mens wear house. i remember their pronto uomo brand was shit but don't remember much besides that.

here's something tho - don't let the sales people talk you into a black suit. they'll do this because they are ignorant.

also a lot of their merchandise is really showy and peacocky - metallic ties and lavender shirts and shit. go basic. get a nice charcoal or navy suit and white shirts and nice silk ties that aren't too thick and have no lame or foil

Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    http://qz.com/187477/why-companies-shouldnt-focus-on-hires-who-will-hit-the-ground-running/
    “The thing that you start to hear as you get bigger, when someone talks about a candidate they want to hire, they often start talking about how they’re excited because this person will hit the ground running,” LinkedIn’s Dan Shapero tells Quartz. “And hitting the ground running is a very short-term benefit.”

Some of his most successful people, he says, don’t have a background typical to the job they have. They take a bit longer to get going, but it’s worth it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    @syndalis

Bodypaint.

This is unhelpful and you are now on the list

*erases spool32 from #3, writes in Mojo*

Now it's
    1. Deebaser
    2. Spool32
    3. Mojo_Jojo

Damnit Mojo, you moved me up!

Fuck's sake, this is getting dangerous.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    http://qz.com/187477/why-companies-shouldnt-focus-on-hires-who-will-hit-the-ground-running/
    “The thing that you start to hear as you get bigger, when someone talks about a candidate they want to hire, they often start talking about how they’re excited because this person will hit the ground running,” LinkedIn’s Dan Shapero tells Quartz. “And hitting the ground running is a very short-term benefit.”

Some of his most successful people, he says, don’t have a background typical to the job they have. They take a bit longer to get going, but it’s worth it.

Saw this on twitter last night.

http://startingdotneprogramming.blogspot.ca/2013/04/i-knew-programmer-that-went-completely.html

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    @syndalis

Bodypaint.

Now it's
    1. Deebaser
    2. Spool32
    3. Mojo_Jojo

He didn't move you up, silly. You're in the list like 20 times

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    @syndalis

Bodypaint.

Now it's
    1. Deebaser
    2. Spool32
    3. Mojo_Jojo

What happens when you reach the top? Does Lud send you a box of swarthy Portuguese chocolates?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    @‌syndalis

i wish i could help you - it's been many years since i have been in a mens wear house. i remember their pronto uomo brand was shit but don't remember much besides that.

here's something tho - don't let the sales people talk you into a black suit. they'll do this because they are ignorant.

also a lot of their merchandise is really showy and peacocky - metallic ties and lavender shirts and shit. go basic. get a nice charcoal or navy suit and white shirts and nice silk ties that aren't too thick and have no lame or foil

Pronto Uomo is really inconsistent is the problem.

I've had 4-5 things under that label.. I still have two of them... the others fell the fuck apart / wore out waaay early.

The new Joseph Abboud collection at Men's Wearhouse looks pretty nice at a glance, but it is also probably more than you want to spend on a suit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Thanks guys. There's a Jos. A Bank here too that I didn't know about apparently. Are they just as bad

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I need to go to PAX East for this :(
    ROYAL RUMBLE ON THE N64! 30 PLAYERS! LIVE!
    Retro gaming throwback? An argument for the efficacy of local multiplayer? Or just an excuse to get 30 of the coolest people we know in one room to play a wrestling game and yell at each other? No matter how you slice it, it’s a live play through of the Royal Rumble in a classic THQ game on Nintendo 64. There will be thrills. There will be chills. There will be spills. Come cheer for the faces, boo the heels, and marvel at the 15+ unannounced special guests. LIVE, only at PAX East.

PANELISTS:
    Aaron Trites [Harmonix], Eric Pope [Harmonix], Abbie Heppe [Respawn Entertainment], Alex Navarro [Giant Bomb], Andrea Rene [The Escapist], Bobby Loertscher [Zen Studios], Dave Lang [Iron Galaxy Studios], Eric Neustadter [Xbox], Jeff Gerstmann [Giant Bomb], Jeff Green [AARP], John Drake [Harmonix], Nick Chester [Harmonix], Pat Baer [Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre], Phil Tibitoski [Young Horses], Rich Gallup [Disruptor Beam], Jon Carnage [Twitch], Sean Baptiste [Fire Hose Games], 15 Special Guests TBA

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Phone interview this afternoon at 4. It's not the super excellent job I wanted, but it is a good job and it pays plenty more.

COME ON

Sooner or later you'll have to accept being a Pinkerton is not possible anymore.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    God damn university parking people are enforcing their bullshit parking restrictions which has delayed me enough that I'm probably not going into work today, and tomorrow am going to have to walk through the snow at like 8AM to get science done. I am a little annoyed at this!

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    @Cinders‌

CINDERS!

<3

This is... acceptable.

@syndalis‌

CCK fields are completely fucked... there is a module / project out there to convert them into d7 fields... hrmmm...

I wonder if I move the CCK tables over to the new database, and install the module, if it will do the linking there too.

hrmm

That's not totally surprising since CCK was a module in 6 and part of core in 7. I bet there's just some simple nomenclature change or something.

Probably worth a try.

Thanks guys. There's a Jos. A Bank here too that I didn't know about apparently. Are they just as bad

Jos A. Bank sells men's clothing the way McDonald's sells french fries.

Sure, you can have a suit... but for .39c more, get THREE SUITS. AND MATCHING TIES.

At JOS.

A.

BANK.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    If the debt has some value retained (not necessarily appreciating) I don't consider it all that bad. A house, a nice car. Neither are gonna get you a profit (lets be real about houses.) but if the shit hits the fan they have VALUE that can get you out from under the debt you are in due to them. All other debt should be avoided if at all possible.

Excuse me I've watches reality tv I know all about flipping houses bruv

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Really if you want a nice suit you need to go to Italy or London.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    a house might easily get you a profit, compared to renting

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

its really easy to sell a house at a profit.

just impersonate a real estate agent.

edited March 2014
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Unlikely, until the day you sell it.

Profit =/= equity.

Feral on

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Really if you want a nice suit you need to go to Italy or London.

Yeah Ludious it isn't that hard god

Italy? But I wear deodorant, will they even let me across the border

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

They are practically disposable suits. Go to Men's Wearhouse.

Deebaser on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    @gooey i have 8 mango chobanis in my fridge

so much sugar

why not just get yogurt and mango and make it yourself?

why not just get a mango tree and some cows instead

gooby's artisinal all-texas lone star buckin bronco yoghurt

everything's bigger in texas - even the yoghurts

u should make this happen goob

texans are known round the world for their appreciation for healthy hand-made foods

you sum bitch

them's fightin' words

919UOwT.png
    @‌syndalis

I'm going to show up in a white linen suit with a straw fedora, a pastel shirt, no socks leather shoes, and a mirrored tie.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I slept in today and skipped showering.

And I think I smell funny.

Crap.

I need to go home and shower. Lunch break in 2 hours, should be enough time.

Fuck I feel like shit this morning.

fuck daylight savings time goooddddddddd

A switch I don't have a replacement for is freaking out.

I was working on it, and now it's dead.

Like, dead dead. No longer responding to pings.

:( fucksocks. I've seen it freak out before, for 4-5 minutes. Now it's 100% not alive and that is bad.

hahahaha there is 1 review for the mens wearhouse here and it's a guy that is mad they didn't tell him how to get a stain out of his tie

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @‌syndalis

I've had 4-5 things under that label.. I still have two of them... the others fell the fuck apart / wore out waaay early.

The new Joseph Abboud collection at Men's Wearhouse looks pretty nice at a glance, but it is also probably more than you want to spend on a suit.
    @‌syndalis

I had to get an Abboud suit for CJ's wedding. I think it was $300 and is totally fine.

hahahaha there is 1 review for the mens wearhouse here and it's a guy that is mad they didn't tell him how to get a stain out of his tie

where you live sounds pretty amazing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    @‌syndalis

I'm going to show up in a white linen suit with a straw fedora, a pastel shirt, no socks leather shoes, and a mirrored tie.

string tie, damnit.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    omg nin tix omg work website workkkkkkkk

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.