As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Explosive [chat] disposal

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Calvin Klein's womens wear is extremely shitty and falls apart if you breathe on it.

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Is there a name for mixing tea and whiskey? If not, I propose the General Sherman in the vein of our godawful discussion of godawful drink names from yesterday.

Agreed if we require that its a mix of sweet tea and Canadian Whiskey (or any other whiskey from The North).

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    light grey or tweed or gtfo

tiny bug man so full of fashion opinions

CARAPACE SHOULD BE IRIDESCENT OR MOTTLED

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    that suit burns my eyes, but the pinstripe one is very becoming

if I was on lud I'd becoming too

you made it weird, skippy.

#skeet

skeet skeet motherfucker skeet skeet

Bless your heart.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Cinders wrote: »
    Calvin Klein's womens wear is extremely shitty and falls apart if you breathe on it.

B)

spool32 on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I give up I am wearing baggy jorts and my dr who polo with a star wars tie

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Will, where is a good place to get women's suits?

brooks has some nice things. i'd also check in at like ann taylor.

if your size or shape is unusual you might want to look at lane bryant or one of those - they really work to make flattering cuts

Wqdwp8l.png
    I give up I am wearing baggy jorts and my dr who polo with a star wars tie

jnco or I feed

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also trying to book every room at a hotel because it's at Sam Houston State or whatever bumfuck place.

Ah Huntsville. Yeah, that's pretty much the last place you get radio stations that talk about something other then Jesus between Houston and Dallas.

Yes huntsville.
    They play at 7:00 Central tomorrow.
    I want to say the only nearby choices was like a Motel Six and Best Western or something.
    The next availability suggestion was like an hour and a half drive or something.

Sounds about right. Huntsville on the other side of a state park from the outer ring of Houston suburbs, and once you get past it, it's pretty much nothing.

They had to play their last game in the Houston Rockets arena.
    He said all the boys just stood there wide eye'd because they had never played in such a large venue
    They got fucking destroyed so hard.

Bless your heart.
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    3304cf07371a20f58d89640d378611c1.jpg

sam bruv bird

Front Line at Getting Money Gangsters
    Lives in Luton
    From Luton

Oh wow I should track this guy down. He's in my town!

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

B)

Their men's stuff was better, but I never wore much of it. I don't really remember how it stood up.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    people make fun of lane bryant (and by people, I mean me) but my wife shops there and she always looks really nice so I dunno.

B)

Their men's stuff was better, but I never wore much of it. I don't really remember how it stood up.

I DONT THINK YOU GOT THE JOKE

Irond Will wrote: »

if your size or shape is unusual you might want to look at lane bryant or one of those - they really work to make flattering cuts

I'm just ridiculously tall, and extremely thin.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    that suit burns my eyes, but the pinstripe one is very becoming

the striped one isn't terrible looking - i thought it was going to be a pinstripe from the description but it wasn't.

i still think the solid navy or grey plaid in that abbaud suit look better than the stripe tho

Wqdwp8l.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Is there a name for mixing tea and whiskey? If not, I propose the General Sherman in the vein of our godawful discussion of godawful drink names from yesterday.

Agreed if we require that its a mix of sweet tea and Canadian Whiskey (or any other whiskey from The North).

2 oz canadian club,
    6 ounces sweet tea
    shake until the ice is beaten down
    pour over ice
    squeeze a Georgia Peach in your fist over the glass.

Where the fuck is my eyebrow waggle smiley.

CALVIN KLEIN DRESS + BREATH = NAKED LADY HUBBA HUBBA

damnit!

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    You can get some very nice cheap suits in London these days. Designed by local tailors who fit you up, then get it made in a workshop in a cheaper place, then finished in London. Maybe 500 bucks? I've had a couple now that I've been happy with.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    a house might easily get you a profit, compared to renting

Unlikely, until the day you sell it.

Profit =/= equity.

why discount the day you sell it?

ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    For a second there I thought you guys were talking about Huntsville, AL.

And I was going to offer my condolences.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.

B)

I have a pair of jeans I got from their store in Phoenix during a friends and family sell for like $28.
    Most comfortable jeans I've ever bought
    And they lasted twice as long as my Levi's without a belt loop tearing or anything.

Bless your heart.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i have no idea how to be healthy

how much water are you supposed to drink daily and how much water is in vodka?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    renting is essentially just throwing money down a great big pit with no return

ftOqU21.png

B)

I DONT THINK YOU GOT THE JOKE

I think I got some jeans from them once that became faded extremely quickly.

But I found their boxer briefs to be relatively well constructed.

Your mileage may vary.

@spool32‌ it's : winky:

Bless your heart.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Where the fuck is my eyebrow waggle smiley.

CALVIN KLEIN DRESS + BREATH = NAKED LADY HUBBA HUBBA

damnit!

:winky:?

it's called the "winky"...

i have a tweed suit but rarely find the opportunity to wear it

am wearing a grey herringbone tweed jacket today tho

fly as hell

also with your coloration you should consider a navy suit

Wqdwp8l.png
    Cinders is literally deleting all the comedy from this page.

edited March 2014
    So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits/modern-fit-trim-suits/j-abboud-2b-sv-ff-mod-bv-bt-381L382L62

Ludious on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Buying suits of the rack can be awkward as hell for the slightly built gennelman

Maybe 7 out of ten suit shops have almost nothing in my range. One size up and I'd be golden.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!

YOUR TEARS ARE CANDY TO ME

So you like the gray plaid? I just figured everyone would be like NO ONLY USED CAR SALESMEN WEAR PLAID SUITS. Because I really like this one

If they say that, just go "The leads are weak?! YOU'RE weak!"

YOU'RE TEARS ARE CANDY TO ME

fixed to make it more cringe-worthy.

Bless your heart.
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I never had a belt-loop tear on a jeans, regardless of maker. How'd you manage that?

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

i have a tweed suit but rarely find the opportunity to wear it

am wearing a grey herringbone tweed jacket today tho

fly as hell

also with your coloration you should consider a navy suit

brown is also v. nice on me, as is all greys

but i do want more navy

i have an amazing navy cardi that i get hells of compliments on

Haphazard wrote: »
    I never had a belt-loop tear on a jeans, regardless of maker. How'd you manage that?

I think I get drunk and try to rip my belt off really fast like I'm drawing a pistol.
    Also sometimes I manage to snag them on shit.

Bless your heart.
    Haphazard wrote: »

I had it happen once, but those jeans were ancient and literally falling apart.

I dislike navy a lot. I feel that I do not look good in it. I like grays and blacks and darker browns

I'm just ridiculously tall, and extremely thin.

they might have something for tall ladies, though i guess they are mostly known for fat ladies

i once tried to walk into one with my petite girlfriend

the greeter at the front shouted at me and pointed at my girlfriend and yelled

"i hope you're getting something for yourself because we don't have anything for... her"

sassy as hell

Wqdwp8l.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm actually sad/happy that WSU's colors are crimson and grey

in that those are two colors that compliment my skin tone v. well, especially together

on the one hand I have lots of excuses to wear them now

on the other I don't have enough school pride to be like WEARIN THE CRIMSON AND GREY 4 LYFE GO COUGS5EVAR

but I will probably do that anyway for an excuse to wear those colors

This discussion has been closed.