As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 4

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I lost to swordfights 2-1

@Folken Fanel

it was super fucking close and i only won because of instant overheads i think

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Alpha 2 is on sale for $2 at gog.com for those interested.
    I'm assuming the port is lousy but since I've never played one of the SF: Alpha games before I'll pick it up anyway.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I can override most ex invincible wakeups off a particular kd if I have meter also

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    ggs hiryu!

i'll be around later if you wanna play more

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    and ggs @isoldae !

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Ggs. Took me forever to land the clap loop.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    it does so much damage

and you hit the claps a couple times it was the link into lariat at the end that was getting you

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Aand the next guy I play ragequits out after eating a clapp loop reset dizzy.

• Options

You're doing god's work.

• Options
    I really need to learn how to do cr. Mk into hands

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    I lost to swordfights 2-1

@Folken Fanel

it was super fucking close and i only won because of instant overheads i think

Thanks guys!

Updates:
    - Hiryu vs P10 in losers
    - swordfights vs knob in winners
    - blackbeard vs kreutz in winners
    - I wait in losers for the loser of swordfights/knob

http://challonge.com/UltraFolkenFighter

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    @‌Knob

Let me know whenever is good for you, I'll be back home in a couple hours if you wanna knock it out tonight

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Didn't they put in a system to punish people who do that?

• Options
    I'm thinking about learning to play Ken. Well you know, by my standards which is basically dp and the occasional fireball while admiring his hair.

• Options
    I need to work on getting reversal claps out consistently. I lost so many chances at damage because I was doing non reversal claps on punishes.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about learning to play Ken. Well you know, by my standards which is basically dp and the occasional fireball while admiring his hair.

you're 90% of the way there

• Options
    I just asked my little brother to upload our tournament matches to YouTube btw

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I really need to learn how to do cr. Mk into hands

Mike Ross gave gootecks a quick tip on how to do slide jab hands on excellent adventures

you run your index finger (I've been using 3 fingers, which nets me EX more often than not when I do Lightning Legs so he's probably right about just using your index finger) from lp to hp and then back, so lp mp hp mp lp

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

Is the last 10% jumping roundhouse into sweep? That's the only other thing I've seen Ken do online so I have to assume it is.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Well, there's also raw U2 whenever you see Balrog move forward. Don't forget that one.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Is the last 10% jumping roundhouse into sweep? That's the only other thing I've seen Ken do online so I have to assume it is.

lgWHxZB.jpg

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    You've gotta remember that step kick, step kick, step kick, step kick is a tight blockstring and that if they hit you out if it they're hacking

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

it's 5% that and 5% blocked jab kara throw

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

lgWHxZB.jpg

or simplify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd7T5Don5s

• Options
    I am out vs Pretentious

• Options
    Yo SEA Major is this weekend I'm hype

Also I'm gonna be home shortly for fights

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    matches between myself and @Hiryu02‌

his hugo makes me really nervous which i think you can see pretty clearly from my play

also this match has taught me that cr. hp is not a good anti-air at all against hugo

ggs, hiryu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP8aG88TtE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVklcWQgrb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-LLEdZF3Ag

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    That corner wall throw into nothing breaks my heart lol.

• Options
    Hugo is a really scary character with low health when you don't have a projectile

By far the most trouble I had was closing out the match

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Yeah, g
    @‌Knob

Let me know whenever is good for you, I'll be back home in a couple hours if you wanna knock it out tonight

I'll try to catch you sometime tonight, I'll be gone for a week tomorrow

• Options
    I seriously have nothing else planned for tonight other than the pizza on its way

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I'll be home in a couple hours, then we can knock it out

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylcxZZ20Omc

Here's some Guilty Gear Xrd footage (you have to change the speed setting to 2 to get it at the right frame rate)

• Options
    Anyone watching the pxg stream? Some good stuff on now.

• Options
    Wow. Shine just beat Smug in a ft5 with Yang. Spabrog Fuerte vs MlSwear Hakan next.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    OKAY, so. internet finally setup at the house. moved in last week, but it took almost a week to get everything setup.

the donation goal got met after like 4 hours apparently, which is amazing. it was set at $125, but I think it hit $190 preeetty fast. i don't know how to turn the donation drive off, and i was under the impression it would just stop after $125, so... don't donate anymore! $125 was plenty, i'm going to be able to get the rest of the ticket myself. thank you all for the support once again. i'm going right back to practice on my Doom after I post this. i understand that yall don't care if i win and be the best, but i really want to. for all of us. PA has been such an amazing platform for us to learn FGs and i want to represent that well and show everyone how far we all come along from here.

on a side note, been playing more ultra. really enjoy Hugo, and am about to try Rolento tonight. love his buttons but i'm not sure if i'm down to sign up for another character without good wake up.

• Options
    Spab Rog gets bodied 5-0 vs Mike's Hakan.

• Options
    i'll be on for pretty much the rest of the night

hmu for fights

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I am hitting you up

• Options
    ggs

swordfights wins 2-0

This discussion has been closed.