As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No one in town is trained to use The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    is everyone on the west coast okay

4.7 with aftershocks in LA

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Supers in fighting games are fine as a concept

The mechanics of final smashes are super dumb

What don't you like about them?

Supers should be built up gradually through some sort of action: Dealing or taking damage, blocking, something

Having it be whoever deals the last pip of damage to the smash ball completely stops the fight as is and changes it to be about only one thing: the ball. It totally messes up the flow of a fight.

You're looking at it like it's Smash Bros. the fighting game.

Smash Balls are for people playing Smash Bros. the party game.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Supers should be built up gradually through some sort of action: Dealing or taking damage, blocking, something

Having it be whoever deals the last pip of damage to the smash ball completely stops the fight as is and changes it to be about only one thing: the ball. It totally messes up the flow of a fight.

Yeah but even other items aren't nearly as disruptive as the smash ball

It applies to both games

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Yeah but even other items aren't nearly as disruptive as the smash ball

It applies to both games

I think it's disruptive in a good way, like many of the big map-specific events. The players are off doing their own thing, usually paired off (because if you're playing the party game and you don't have 4 players then what are you even doing), and then all of a sudden everyone is focused and fighting over one thing, it probably changes custody a few times, somebody supers, emotions run high, and then everyone cools down and we go back to the action as it was. It's hilarious and fun, and adds to the pacing of the whole thing.

In my mind, it's basically the Battle Mini-Games from Mario Party but in fighting game form.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    how do you feel about Calling to the Night

I haven't actually played Portable Ops, so I guess the impact is different for me, but I just listened to it now and it was definitely lovely.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    how do you feel about Calling to the Night

I haven't actually played Portable Ops, so I guess the impact is different for me, but I just listened to it now and it was definitely lovely.

on the subject of smash bros

brawl is the reason I know and love this song

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    YOU GUYS ROLLER COASTER TYCOON IS BACK AND IT'S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iomc1P7HaX8

uh... it's 4 mobile and... sigh...

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I am seeing an online deal for a playstation 4 + 1 year of plus for $370 but I think this site is going to steal my identity

http://www.nextgengameshop.com/index.php/playstation-4-bundle.html

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    morebile

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

I could be down for some remade gauntlet.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I like how the costume design for valkyrie isn't shit

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

I feel like it's important to note that this is being made by the Magicka team

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    gauntlet-legends.png

not 90s enough

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
  • Options
    I don't think "PR Firms" are why people involved in failed projects don't talk to other developers about it

It's because they would like to be hired again, and throwing around blame, even if its deserved, is not the best way to go about that

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I don't think "PR Firms" are why people involved in failed projects don't talk to other developers about it

It's because they would like to be hired again, and throwing around blame, even if its deserved, is not the best way to go about that

I want to be the developer that starts immediately flinging shit.

"Yeah I know our game isn't going to be out for another two months but I can tell you now: it's going to suck.

And almost all of that is because STEVE is a fucking MORON and wouldn't let me put frontal nudity into this Tower Defense game.

He might be the dev lead but goddamn I can't wait for his ass to get fired and our entire studio shut down."

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    take vinny's idea of putting in audio logs of developer struggles

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

I don't dislike Errant Signal

But I feel like every video of his I've seen pulls a really weird conclusion or focuses on the wrong aspect of a problem

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am watching Aliens vs Predator and fuck I forgot about the insanely stupid PREDATOR HUMAN TEAM-UP WITH ALIEN HEAD SHIELD AND ALIEN TAIL SPEAR

I am laughing my ass off

movies in general, I'm really getting tired of "let's team up with the bad guy of the last movie to beat this other bad guy"

Aren't you a Dragonball fan?

I exaggerate how much I like Dragon Ball, but even so, it was written in the 80's before it became so extremely common, so it was actually still novel. Not to mention it's still meant for kids, which isn't quite the same as a major motion picture made for adults.

• Options
    I am watching Aliens vs Predator and fuck I forgot about the insanely stupid PREDATOR HUMAN TEAM-UP WITH ALIEN HEAD SHIELD AND ALIEN TAIL SPEAR

I am laughing my ass off

movies in general, I'm really getting tired of "let's team up with the bad guy of the last movie to beat this other bad guy"

I exaggerate how much I like Dragon Ball, but even so, it was written in the 80's before it became so extremely common, so it was actually still novel. Not to mention it's still meant for kids, which isn't quite the same as a major motion picture made for adults.

But doesn't Goku team up with literally every enemy he ever fights through pretty much all of Dragonball and most of Dragonball Z?

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    when i say dragon ball, i mean both of them

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

I am laughing my ass off

But doesn't Goku team up with literally every enemy he ever fights through pretty much all of Dragonball and most of Dragonball Z?

I can't speak to the original but in Z, no.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I am laughing my ass off

The only enemies Goku teams up with are Vegeta and Android 18.

And Buu, sort of. Not really the same thing, though.

EDIT: And Vegeta is pretty much the only one who ever remains an antagonist to Goku. Android 18 and Uub become straight-up heroes.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

I am laughing my ass off

Piccolo, Vegeta, Android lady, Buu (Sorta kinda)

• Options

I am laughing my ass off

Again, Piccolo is a reformed villain, so it's not really the same dynamic as "teaming up with the bad guy."

And the message is different, too. In something like AvP, it's basically, "We're both gonna die if we don't deal with this other dude so I guess we'll stop trying to kill each other for now."

Whereas in Dragonball and Dragonball Z the point is to say, "Hey, maybe killing your enemy isn't the best idea? They're people, too, and they can change."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

I am laughing my ass off

man that is like the whole point of the series.

• Options
    Piccolo was never even a bad guy. His dad was. Goku killed Piccolo's father, and when Piccolo came around, he was just putting on an affectation of being evil when he never actually was

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Is the rampant destruction of civilians ever adressed in Dragonball or is it always hilariously unmentioned

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Aliens VS Predator was dumb for a LOT of reasons.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

I am laughing my ass off

Again, Piccolo is a reformed villain, so it's not really the same dynamic as "teaming up with the bad guy."

And the message is different, too. In something like AvP, it's basically, "We're both gonna die if we don't deal with this other dude so I guess we'll stop trying to kill each other for now."

Whereas in Dragonball and Dragonball Z the point is to say, "Hey, maybe killing your enemy isn't the best idea? They're people, too, and they can change."

But

You're teaming up with your former enemy to fight your new enemy

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    guys I can not tell you how much this hot in here power eternity is tickling me. I'm just sitting here listening to it and laughing my ass off

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Is the rampant destruction of civilians ever adressed in Dragonball or is it always hilariously unmentioned

what?

Goku feels the pain of every person's death. He always tries to take the fight as far from people as possible.

• Options

Goku and the other heroes actively try to divert the fighting over to areas of abandoned wilderness.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

what?

Goku feels the pain of every person's death. He always tries to take the fight as far from people as possible.

Also Rock Quarries are easy to draw

This discussion has been closed.