As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No one in town is trained to use The Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think it would be a lot of fun to hang out with Drew. He seems like a really cool, relaxed guy.
    Also he's dreaaamy

1155111-978371_img_3397_super.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Drew can grow a beard way better than me

but then again so can most teenage boys

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i was trying to find that video with the origin of <> but i can't so ,

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I can grow a decent enough beard

It's the mustache that gives me a problem

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    No "Bombin' In The A.M." tomorrow. It'll be back on Tuesday though. Apparently Patrick's taking Monday off.

SHAMELESS EDIT: It only took 3 years, but this is my 500th post!

Good Looking Fat Guy on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Oh dammit I'm drunk enough that I want to do a podcast now

goodbye forum, before I make a mistake

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    i think ffxiv is probably the ugliest mmo
    i think ffxiv is probably the ugliest mmo

What the fuck

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I have multiple ffxiv in game screenshots that I use as wallpapers the game looks that good

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    i was trying to find that video with the origin of <> but i can't so ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUPfDxC_byU

this is why I forgive Giamatti for the F2P hyperbole

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I have multiple ffxiv in game screenshots that I use as wallpapers the game looks that good

I have seen pictures of some of the high end armor sets (I think the Paladin one? if there is a Paladin?) that looked slick.

And then I realized how many hours go into getting such an armor set and lost all interest again.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    You actually get all the artifact armor as part of your class quests while you level, no grinding involved.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Is the latest Unpro still not up on the site? Or am I missing something real obvious

or is the GDC stuff just that for last week

It was up last night but there were some problems. Audio desync in the in-browser version, and the download version was only an hour long.

Looks like they took it down to fix it.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Is the latest Unpro still not up on the site? Or am I missing something real obvious

or is the GDC stuff just that for last week

No there was an Unpro too. But it was up super late and now I don't see it again.

• Options
    tumblr_mv9fjdzaIi1sha788o1_1280.jpg

like, this is a mid battle screenshot on normal graphics in one of the less exciting areas

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    You can tell it is an MMO because there is fire to not stand in.

• Options
    actually

i don't think that fight has any fire to not stand in, ironically enough

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    actually

Dangit! I guess that fire is just like the edge of the arena then, eh? And those pillar/spike things are things to be attacked and not avoided?

• Options
    If my laptop actually ran it, I shudder to think of how deep in the FFXIV hole I would be

I don't even play MMOs or Final Fantasy games, but something about the way this goes about being an MMO and the Final Fantasy aesthetics hit some sort of sweet spot for me

Like, I'm super psyched at the possibility of riding a Chocobo, and I don't think I've ever played a game with a chocobo in it (unless KH 1/2 had one)

Also the music is fantastic

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    it's such a shame that the character art looks like it was made for a different, totally unrelated game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    i'm a big nerd so i can divine a lot about whats happening from the screenshot

thats ifrit HM, its not the story mode version because there are 8 people and its not Extreme because there are 4 fire pillars (nails) and also everyone isn't dead. Thats probably a BLM using their Limit Break to kill the nails before ifrit goes supernova, so they're like half way through the fight. everyone is attacking the nails so they'll probably be able to complete it no problem, its an early-on kind of fight anyways, no biggie

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    actually

Dangit! I guess that fire is just like the edge of the arena then, eh? And those pillar/spike things are things to be attacked and not avoided?

Yeah, exactly. On both points.

Though there are eruptions you have to avoid.

it's such a shame that the character art looks like it was made for a different, totally unrelated game

This makes even less sense than your previous comment.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQH9n1VxQh4

i can't believe the full soundtrack isn't on youtube but yeah the soundtrack for XIV is fucking amazing

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

http://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/b6/87/b687e0a17d6a6e84eed1e6e941aaf6c843a92895.gif

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    as someone whose beard covers 75% of my face having a beard sucks

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    FFXIV doesn't use FFTA's setting, so it doesn't really interest me

I find the races pretty bleh

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they are alluding to this being a new race
    8XY4yUd.png.jpg

• Options
    Good old hood horns, my favorite race.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Is that a race of Black Mage lookin folk or just a similar clothing style

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    also the character models and design and emotes and stuff in XIV are super fun and expressive so sorry h8ers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6XsuVfgqqY&amp;list=UUpx2BZg8ABgaDV50sGJtWAg

drops mic

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Also Wildstar still looks like a really fun MMO with a FANTASTIC sense of tone and style to me

They revealed that PvP relies on actually aiming and timing your skills ala a character action game and it looks stupid fun

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The MGS1 mission in Ground Zeroes is so goofy in the best possible way

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    wildstar seems cool, but man if you wanna talk about games with outdated visuals

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Oh man, I wants it. But I have zero clue how to unlock it. Been too busy to play it much lately.

• Options
    WildStar-610x347.jpg

I think it looks really nice?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Yeah, that is definitely not how PvP was when I played Wildstar.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Wildstar was a game I was actually really interested in and then every time the devs open their mouths I care less.

Subscription fee? 40-man raids? Aren't interested in catering to the "casual" player?

It's like they think they're developing an MMO in the 90s

• Options
    wildstar seems cool, but man if you wanna talk about games with outdated visuals

Visuals are pretty much at the bottom of the concern pile when it comes to MMOs for me.

Does your game want me to go collect 12 bear eyes and bring them to do a dude? Then no thanks.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Yeah, that is definitely not how PvP was when I played Wildstar.
    I guess they overhauledbit, they just did a DEV SPEAK thing about it this weekend

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Oh man, I wants it. But I have zero clue how to unlock it. Been too busy to play it much lately.
    You have to collect all 9 XOF patches in one mission

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    WildStar-610x347.jpg

I think it looks really nice?

It's nice and crisp, I like it from a technical standpoint

I also like how colorful it is

I'm not a huge fan of the rest of it though, just from a design standpoint

To each his own, etc

This discussion has been closed.