As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i got back on the eating-healthy train today, now that i'm home from my lil vay-kay. always the hardest part. i worked it out tho'. need to go buy more chicken and beef, tho. can't just survive on eggs, strawberries and macadamias

skippydumptruck
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    What do you call it when you laugh so hard that you lose control of your bowels?

giggle shit

Either that or I'm turning into a geriatric.

I think I might actually qualify for a state subsidised Home Health Aide.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Kiddoroar wanted a fort to sleep in tonight so ladyroar obliged him, here we are reading a book before bed.

1256491_10201882564449640_805827572_n.jpg

Wait till he finds out that Clifford is a metaphor for the relentless soviet threat

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Cinders
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    scale says 191 lbs

i am doing this diet thing great. it will slow down from here on out but i'm proud of dropping that 10 lbs over 2 weeks or so

Wqdwp8l.png
    skippydumptruck
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I went all out on food and desserts today ; hoping I won't be a complete pig for tomorrow's dinner date now.

And now I've discovered a cute coffee/tea/dessert place we could go if we want to extend the date.

The thing I want to get on the menu is $36. Sooo pricey. Hopefully he picks something around that price range too.

msmya on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i've never had the situation to really need to do anything but i've promised myself up and down i will never be a passive bystander

hope when push comes to shove I'm not

its scary tho

to see a fight in public

i saw one on the 4 train near grand central in the next subway car over

of course this was a fight and not a beat down tho

but it was intense

i mean if someone else hadn't i woulda pushed the button that called the police but

idk that's scary

i don't think i've seen a public fight

well one time a couple of drunk hobos in the park were whaling on each other and carrying on so i called the police

one time i was on a packed T car and some drunk townie started talking shit to some mexican dude he didn't know half the car away from him

called him an al quieda motherfucker

it didn't come to blows though

I was leaving a bar/bowling alley with my g/f at the time and there was two dudes and a cop standing outside.

Both of them had bloody knuckles and bruised faces and they were talking to the cop very earnestly.

Only one of the dudes had a couple of cuts on his forehead and was clearly still bleeding. It was literally dripping from his chin. And to keep it out of his eyes he would occasionally wipe it away which meant almost his entire face was just a mask of blood.

My first reaction was JESUS CHRIST but then I realized they both seemed to be ok aside from the bruises and cuts and were both trying to convince the cop that no, of course they hadn't been in a fight that's crazy talk.

So my second reaction was nearly to fall down laughing at how absurd this was.

But my g/f at the time was very clearly shaken up by the whole thing so I clenched my jaw to keep from laughing and got her to the car as quickly as I could.

But it was like, look, guys? You're not fooling the nice officer. As we drove past I got a look at the cops face and I have never seen such a perfect expression of exasperation.

I really really like a guy constantly wiping the blood out of his eyes and having it drip from his chin be like no officer I wasn't in no fight

ftOqU21.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    scale says 191 lbs

i am doing this diet thing great. it will slow down from here on out but i'm proud of dropping that 10 lbs over 2 weeks or so
    ummmmm...that's a lot to drop so quickly. Is it mostly water weight? Because that's ridiculously rapid

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    also here is a chimichurri recipe:

1 bunch flat/ italian parsley
    6-8 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 habanero pepper

trim much of the hard stems off the bunch of parsley
    remove the seeds and stem from the habanero

throw it all in a blender and mulch into a chunky paste.

serve over steak or chicken and it would probably also work fine for really any dipping sauce or a sandwich spread

chimichurri is basically the same thing as persillade and also real similar to pesto

Wqdwp8l.png
    skippydumptruck
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hogan now wears a wig under his bandana, hes too old :(

Cinders
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    scale says 191 lbs

ummmmm...that's a lot to drop so quickly. Is it mostly water weight? Because that's ridiculously rapid

irond will cut his leg off. he is a man of action and resolve.

ftOqU21.png
    Hakkekage
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

this was posted in the cosmos thread

it is the funniest youtube i've ever seen

HakkekageCindersthatassemblyguy
    scale says 191 lbs

probably some is. i was on vacation a few weeks ago and ate and drank like a pig

when i've dieted in the past i've dropped a lot in the first few weeks and then it slowed down to like a few pounds a week

i've got a couple months before my wedding and i'm hoping to drop at least another 10 lbs

Wqdwp8l.png
    Hakkekage
    I dropped 20 lbs and then just haven't been able to lose any more than that

CindersHakkekage
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    http://www.theatlantic.com/personal/archive/2010/10/a-culture-of-poverty/64854/
    Toward the end of the week, Alyssa invited me over to the National Journal tent where a lot of the reporters were watching some speeches, and having a few drinks. I had a couple myself and was generally having a good time. Also out there was my old buddy David Carr who, a few media tents over, was covering the convention for the Times. I was supposed to meet Carr after the speeches and grab dinner. But while I was in the National Journal area a person who I'd written about (not an employee of Atlantic Media) came into the tent and aggressively challenged me on something I'd written about him.

We spent ten frankly embarrassing minutes jawing back and forth. That's fine. People should aggressively challenge you. Toward the end, Carr, wondering where I was, came in and saw me in mid-argument, which by this point had gotten heated. He gave me that "you damn fool" look and said "I'm going to be there, [whatever the restaurant was] either you're coming or not. But this is stupid." He left, and shortly thereafter I started walking away with Alyssa and few of the other bloggers who were hanging out. The gentleman kept after me, even following me out the tent, and by this point, taunting.

At the door of the tent, and I looked at him and said, "You really need to back off."

He looked back and said, "Or what."

I closed in on him, and quietly but seriously, responded, "You really want to find out?"

He walked back inside.

I think as a younger man, I would have been proud of that moment. For surely, I had adhered to Article 2 of the Code Of The Streets--"Thou Shalt Not Be Found A Punk." Had the gentleman stepped outside, I had already made the decision that I was going to swing. I didn't believe in threatening people and then not following through. Perhaps as 14 year old, on the streets of West Baltimore, back at Mondawmin Mall, the response would have been correct. In fact, I was a 33-year old contributing editor at a well-regarded magazine who'd just implicitly threatened someone on the property of my brand new employer.

I had thought as far as the dude stepping outside--but I hadn't thought any further. I hadn't thought about getting arrested. I hadn't thought about the implications of a 6'4 260 pound black dude assaulting a 5'11 (maybe?) white dude. I hadn't thought about all of this playing out against the backdrop of Obama's nomination. I hadn't thought about losing my job. And, most criminally, I hadn't thought about my family , who were depending on that job.

A few minutes later, I caught up with Carr. He is a man who's seen more of the streets than almost (almost) anyone I know. He's also great at getting to the point. When I told him the rest of what happened, his response was not, "You showed him." It was "You dumb motherfucker." By then the full horror of what had almost happened was dawning on me. We went to dinner that night with some of Carr's old music buddies from Minnesota, and the great Tom Morello who wore an awesome Dungeons & Dragons tee-shirt. Toward the end, Boots from The Coup showed up. But I wasn't there. I spent that night wondering how I could be so foolish, and almost ruin what I knew then, and what I know now, to be my big break.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    scale says 191 lbs

irond will cut his leg off. he is a man of action and resolve.

ampusystem is the wave of the future

man tho here is something - once you grow a fat cell it never ever goes away.

you can shrink it but it's still there

waiting

hungering

the only way to actually get rid of it is to get it sliced or sucked out.

Wqdwp8l.png
    Elendil wrote: »

this was posted in the cosmos thread

it is the funniest youtube i've ever seen

Good goddamn space bud

• OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i too drop a ton of weight quickly when i first start. i lost 11.5 lbs in 6 days. dat water.

Hakkekage
    scale says 191 lbs

probably some is. i was on vacation a few weeks ago and ate and drank like a pig

when i've dieted in the past i've dropped a lot in the first few weeks and then it slowed down to like a few pounds a week

i've got a couple months before my wedding and i'm hoping to drop at least another 10 lbs

Yeah that happened to me too and it was def water weight

Ok juuuust making sure cause you would basically have to be starving yourself and lifting all the weights to sustain that kind of weight loss rate

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Still cant get over how awful Seth Meyers set looks, looks like they bought it all at the dollar store

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    browsin baby names

sarah has nixed matilda

i am ragin bros

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    You know Will, I lost 10 pounds when I started spironolactone in preparation for estrogen.

Just sayin

I'll be at my ideal weight after losing another 25 lbs : (

I will likely gain lbs though from my upcoming vacation. And going on dinner dates/hanging out and socializing with coworkers. Fak

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I found an online cards against humanity game. Guess I didn't need to sleep tonight.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    Is mobile [chat] slow for anyone else?

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am pretty excited to be at my ideal weight.

But I am no where near my ideal physical performance.

That is going to take a long butt time.

When I move back to the states I definitely want to look into some kind of gymnastics/acrobatics/something program.

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    All this exercise [chat] is making me feel horribly unhealthy.

Well, moreso than I already knew I am :(

工事中
    Cokebotle wrote: »

It's been such a cold winter that I haven't been to the gym since November.

/flex

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26609548
    There is a cynicism in the relationship between Russia and the US, being played out in the Crimean crisis, which is deep, rooted in history and shows that the triumph of capitalism over communism wasn't the end of the power game between these two nations.

The depth of mistrust between the two was highlighted in the interview given by Hank Paulson, the former US treasury secretary, for my recent BBC Two documentary, How China Fooled The World.

Here is Mr Paulson on the unfolding drama:

"When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac started to become unglued, and you know there were $5.4tn of securities relating to Fannie and Freddie, $1.7tn outside of the US. The Chinese were the biggest external investor holding Fannie and Freddie securities, so the Chinese were very, very concerned."

Or to put it another way, the Chinese government owned $1.7tn of mortgage-backed bonds issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and it was deeply concerned it would incur huge losses on these bonds.

Mr Paulson: "I was talking to them [Chinese ministers and officials] regularly because I didn't want them to dump the securities on the market and precipitate a bigger crisis.

Now this is where we enter the territory of a geopolitical thriller. Mr Paulson:

"Here I'm not going to name the senior person, but I was meeting with someone… This person told me that the Chinese had received a message from the Russians which was, 'Hey let's join together and sell Fannie and Freddie securities on the market.' The Chinese weren't going to do that but again, it just, it just drove home to me how vulnerable I felt until we had put Fannie and Freddie into conservatorship [the rescue plan for them, that was eventually put in place]."

For me this is pretty jaw-dropping stuff - the Chinese told Hank Paulson that the Russians were suggesting a joint pact with China to drive down the price of the debt of Fannie and Freddie, and maximize the turmoil on Wall Street - presumably with a view to maximizing the cost of the rescue for Washington and further damaging its financial health.

Do ho ho ho, Great Power Politics.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    Cinders wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »

It's been such a cold winter that I haven't been to the gym since November.

/flex

Don't even have a gym membership.

/flex
    /pant heavily

工事中
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'm going to the gym tonight.

/flex
    *is showered in women, fame, and money*

I really should start doing those 7 minute exercises again. They're better than nothing!

工事中
    Inquisitor
    Thursday , I'll go to the gym.

Basically any day I don't have social commitments I will go to the gym, and I need to hold myself to that. Then after the gym I can treat myself to looking at Oli (Arrow)

I think I'm just going to stream any and all games I play no matter how bad I am at them.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    fuk my brain i think i've gone insane

poo
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26609548
    There is a cynicism in the relationship between Russia and the US, being played out in the Crimean crisis, which is deep, rooted in history and shows that the triumph of capitalism over communism wasn't the end of the power game between these two nations.

The depth of mistrust between the two was highlighted in the interview given by Hank Paulson, the former US treasury secretary, for my recent BBC Two documentary, How China Fooled The World.

Here is Mr Paulson on the unfolding drama:

"When Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac started to become unglued, and you know there were $5.4tn of securities relating to Fannie and Freddie, $1.7tn outside of the US. The Chinese were the biggest external investor holding Fannie and Freddie securities, so the Chinese were very, very concerned."

Or to put it another way, the Chinese government owned $1.7tn of mortgage-backed bonds issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and it was deeply concerned it would incur huge losses on these bonds.

Mr Paulson: "I was talking to them [Chinese ministers and officials] regularly because I didn't want them to dump the securities on the market and precipitate a bigger crisis.

Now this is where we enter the territory of a geopolitical thriller. Mr Paulson:

"Here I'm not going to name the senior person, but I was meeting with someone… This person told me that the Chinese had received a message from the Russians which was, 'Hey let's join together and sell Fannie and Freddie securities on the market.' The Chinese weren't going to do that but again, it just, it just drove home to me how vulnerable I felt until we had put Fannie and Freddie into conservatorship [the rescue plan for them, that was eventually put in place]."

For me this is pretty jaw-dropping stuff - the Chinese told Hank Paulson that the Russians were suggesting a joint pact with China to drive down the price of the debt of Fannie and Freddie, and maximize the turmoil on Wall Street - presumably with a view to maximizing the cost of the rescue for Washington and further damaging its financial health.

Do ho ho ho, Great Power Politics.

more like superpower domestic politics

a lot of the triumphalism in russia and china is fuelled by american radical thought these days. you don't read russian or chinese nationalists, but peter schiff gets passed around moscow and shanghai

back in the 2008s there was quite a lot of drum-beating by left-wing and right-wing radicals alike that the False Boom was Over, chickens roosting, et cetera.

aRkpc.gif
    sometimes you think your brains ok and you're decently smart and not crazy

then its 1am and you find you haven't done more than 1 hr of work in the last 6 hours

wat is wrong with your brain

poo
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    browsin baby names

sarah has nixed matilda

i am ragin bros

Hmmm

Yes I agree. But it is a close call

too much alliteration

poo
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong You wouldn't right click a car Registered User regular
    I can admire what the latest Rick and Morty was trying to do, but a good half of the inter-dimensional cable shows just didn't connect as jokes.

Like, show isn't ruined but that isn't an episode I'll revisit 5 times, laughing harder each time.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    kedinik
This discussion has been closed.