As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I should have had [chat] prepared!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Amazon order:

- beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

are you getting it delivered from an organic delivery guy that rides a shade grown fixie that was made in amaerica

I'm no expert on the lingo, but would that be a free range delivery guy?

you would think

but that would be a meat product

hipsters are vegan

i feel like that is mostly true of the west coast hipster genus

say hipstus portlandica

the east coast gena, like hipstus williamsbergia or hipstus somervillia are grass-fed free-range farmers-market omnivores

I don't know if this is still a thing but when I was younger a lot of my internet friends in New York, people who would be called hipsters now but who back then were just "art guys" or "theater guys" or whatever, were kind of aggressively contrarian about stuff like this?

like they were culturally-savvy New York dudes who were politically liberal and did off-off-Broadway avant-garde theater but they called themselves "libertarian" or "independent" because they chain-smoked and ate steaks

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    when i get home i am going to crawl into bed and die

i have an awesome knock knock joke

you have to start it though @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

k knock knock

who's there?

Europe

europe who?

NO UR A POO

oh ok

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »

k knock knock

who's there?

Europe

europe who?
    Europening this door or I'm opening it for you

Whatever you say, Putin.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    okay updated my profile title

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

blur.png

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I haven't spent money on Amazon in a while but today I bought a mini greenhouse, a garden storage box, and a ton of seeds

Is

Is gardening hip?

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    the joy of mixology is a p good book but regan is all trying to make something called "squirrel cocktails" happen. they are based on iirc creme de noyaux and haha no way is that a thing

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    I haven't spent money on Amazon in a while but today I bought a mini greenhouse, a garden storage box, and a ton of seeds

Is

Is gardening hip?

absolutely

a8a835ce6d9ce83c6d53f57dad2174d20f60523a_m.jpg

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I have glasses now. They are in absolutely no way a panacea but it is at least some help.

blur.png
    Steady on there, Satan.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

k knock knock

who's there?

Europe

europe who?

NO UR A POO

oh ok

A Gooey poo

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Guys and gals, i have received my PAX East badge thingies... the passes... whatevs.

i have them...

:D:D:D

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    http://www.mcconnelling.org/view?_id=5328c17e12b946fe35ccd42c

McConnelling is the best thing

"STATE OF THE ART ROBOT"‌

Ok this owns.

• Options
    To be fair

Some of the seeds were for kale

Also some of those I have stockpiled are from a hippy place that does non-hybrid varieties

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    Amazon order:

- beard oil
    - mustache wax
    - vacuum sealer for wine bottles
    - cheese knife

I feel like this may as well be labeled "hipster starter kit" but whatever

are you getting it delivered from an organic delivery guy that rides a shade grown fixie that was made in amaerica

I'm no expert on the lingo, but would that be a free range delivery guy?

you would think

but that would be a meat product

hipsters are vegan

i feel like that is mostly true of the west coast hipster genus

say hipstus portlandica

the east coast gena, like hipstus williamsbergia or hipstus somervillia are grass-fed free-range farmers-market omnivores

I don't know if this is still a thing but when I was younger a lot of my internet friends in New York, people who would be called hipsters now but who back then were just "art guys" or "theater guys" or whatever, were kind of aggressively contrarian about stuff like this?

like they were culturally-savvy New York dudes who were politically liberal and did off-off-Broadway avant-garde theater but they called themselves "libertarian" or "independent" because they chain-smoked and ate steaks

yeah i think you are basically right

i think that sort of the art/ lit/ post-punk/ intellectual east coast subculture you saw in cambridge and brooklyn and so forth kind of got rolled into the "hipster" classification and only eventually started to conform to the same sorts of things that characterized the west coasties. i don't think that veganism or fixies or flannel were ever so much a thing on this coast.

i mean eventually there has been enough migration that there is a lot of overlap now, but i think they kind of came from distinct subcultures.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options

k knock knock

who's there?

Europe

europe who?

NO UR A POO

oh ok

A Gooey poo

i am just human poop

a worthless piece of excrement

why is cassandra so mean

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Also Chanus I am currently listening to Saxon. I don't know why it took me so long to find this band.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    wow I just got to a point in this python tutorial where I can't do any of the problems

what a bad feeling

• Options

shrubs are bitchin drinks

who would have thought that booze, fruit, vinegar and sweet could be so good together

maybe i will pick this up

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Also Chanus I am currently listening to Saxon. I don't know why it took me so long to find this band.

I don't think I know Saxon.

I should probably remedy this.

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy_Clys4ul4

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My parents are texting photos of plates of food on their vacation, but instead of crazy hole in the walls or home cooking, they are in the florida keys and the photos are all taken at like, carrabba's.

It's kind of adorable.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    one day, i want to instagram mcnuggets

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy_Clys4ul4

noice

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    one day, i want to instagram mcnuggets

Why not

It's not like you'd have to eat them

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Because I've been told that Labor Theory is pretty shit wrong, but it wasn't sufficiently explained to me why.

Oh that one is easy! We don't even need to batsignal econodog.

But I will use him as an example.

Consider how much time you spend making posts on the forums. Consider the example of a lawyer who writes briefs. Let's say Lawyerdog spends as much time writing briefs for clients as Econodog spends making posts.

For the sake of argument, let's also say that Econodog and Lawyerdog have the same amount of schooling. Probably a bad example for Econodog, but we do have real lawyers and other postgraduate professionals on the forums, so it's not hard to imagine.

Does an Econodog post have the same value as a Lawyerdog legal brief, assuming they spent the same amount of time writing them?

No, of course not, that would be fucking retarded.

There are LVT counterarguments to this sort of thought experiment, but they usually render LVT unworkable in the real world (by positing some other type of value that is invisible and immeasurable, for instance). It really did not take long after Marx for LVT to fall by the wayside.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My parents are texting photos of plates of food on their vacation, but instead of crazy hole in the walls or home cooking, they are in the florida keys and the photos are all taken at like, carrabba's.

It's kind of adorable.

Did you take pictures of China food?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    managed to cram a workout in before trivia

get dunked on.... something, i guess

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    one thing I really loathe is people who ask for help without trying something first

at work this happens a fair amount

--hey, can you help me do X?

well there are instructions for how to do X here

or you could try it and probably figure it out

--oh but I haven't been trained

okay so I figured this out myself, but rather than spend any time of your own learning how to do it you'd rather waste both of our time

• Options
    one thing I really loathe is people who ask for help without trying something first

okay so I figured this out myself, but rather than spend any time of your own learning how to do it you'd rather waste both of our time

on the other hand, it drives me fucking bonkers when people try something first and then ask me for help once everything has gone to shit

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

this can be true but there are also times where its very simple but completely unintuitive

so either one person can spend an hour figuring it out or two people can spend 5 minutes

in other words DON'T MAKE ME ANXIOUS TO ASK FOR HELP EVER :(

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

It's kind of adorable.

Dear [DK], Look at this meal we had! The Florida Keys are great! Miss you! Love, Mom XOXOXO

[picture of pasta]

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    i ask for help a lot

not because i can't figure out how to do it but because i don't want to make a critical mistake assuming i did it right

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    today is one of those days where I have an absolute ton of shit to do at work but all I really want to do is go home, play with my kids and plumb the deepest depths of my wife's vagina

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    GWF Hegel wrote:
    Women may well be educated, but they are not made for the higher sciences, for philosophy and certain artistic productions which require a universal element. Women may have insights taste, and delicacy, but they do not posses the ideal. The difference between man and woman is the different between animal and plant; the animal is closer in character to man, the plant to woman, for the latter is a more peaceful unfolding whos principle is the more indeterminate unity of feeling. When women are in charge of government, the sate is in danger, for their actions are based not on the demands of universality but on the contingent inclination and opinion. The education of women takes place imperceptibly, as if through the atmosphere of representation thought, more through living than through the acquisition of knowledge, whereas man attains his position only through the attainment of thought and numerous technical exertions.

I know that sexism isn't gone, even sexism like this, but I find old timey sexism to be mystifying. Like old timey racism. Maybe it's just a measure of how I was raised, but to even come close to believing this, is very strange to me.

Also how weirdly not hateful it is. Like, I can get a person who just hates women, but the intellectual sexism baffles me.

Also I think that it's weird that women are the ones who learn things from the streets, apparently.

If you ever get the chance, everyone should read On the Subjection of Women by JS Mill. He goes through all the sexist arguments of his time, dismantling them one by one. Mill was a huge agitator for women's rights, specifically the right to vote. The lady that teaches a lot of the feminist stuff in my department considers him to be the sole "father" of feminism. Which I guess is a fairly common view among the feminist intelligencia.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    wow I just got to a point in this python tutorial where I can't do any of the problems

what a bad feeling

this is the feeling u get just before u learn something

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It's kind of adorable.

Dear [DK], Look at this meal we had! The Florida Keys are great! Miss you! Love, Mom XOXOXO

[picture of pasta]

Why isn't it just pictures of key lime pie?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Classes over

Getting cheeseburger and then sleep.

• Options
    today is one of those days where I have an absolute ton of shit to do at work but all I really want to do is go home, play with my kids and plumb the deepest depths of my wife's vagina

this sentence is much better without the oxford comma

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.