I should have had [chat] prepared!

19192949697101

Posts

  • simonwolfsimonwolf here, where the loon keens there, where the moon leansRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait

    shiv

    you're boston'ing?

    Uh

    I might see if I could make it for a bit

    GIRL

    WHAT

    I don't have tickets it is hard to convince myself to spend the time/money to go and I dunno what I'd do when people are busy!

    party

    So It Goes
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    oh harlem shake got it k

  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    I dont even like sports games but goddamn these are fucking increidble looking

    tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two1_1280.jpg

    tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two6_1280.jpg

    Oh come the fuck on

    It's 20-fucking-14 and I can still see jaggies.

    Fucking where is my singularity goddammit I should be fucking...who was hot in 1994, Sharon Stone I should be fucking Kathy Ireland by now!

    Holy fuck Kathy Ireland now there's a banging hot bunch of beautiful right there what was I talking about?

    you want a baseball game? you want a fucking baseball game?

    9lDmzkk.jpg

    look at these graphics

    like god damn real life is what it is

    u1uWowq.gif

    @Jacobkosh‌ back me up on this

    919UOwT.png
    JacobkoshEddy
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    bahaha die aggro hunter

    oh dangit Leeroy

    I gotta get me one of those

    (because I am also playing aggro)

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    stop talking about lol it is making me want to playyyy

    ppppllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    noooooo I need to learn how to coooooooode

    are you learning SQL?
    GOOD. You'll be done in 20 minutes and available for play.

    No, you aren't? Bro! Fuck that nerd shit!

  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Oh my fucking lord Jesus, tonight's Smash @‌ Xanadu is insane.

    PJSalt up in hiya

    Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

    I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Reading book 1 of the metamorphoses

    man, the abrahamic religions really lifted a lot from this shit huh

    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    AresProphet
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @Irond Will
    Fucked up the batsignal

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Variable wrote: »
    @elki I'm fully back in the groove of podcasting in the car, what are you enjoying right now?

    I'm knee deep in earwolf of course but sort of lost beyond that. I have radiolab, twit related shows (have rarely listened but I like leo laporte), the basic smodcast stuff... tell me what's good

    Same stuff, and I added Idle Thumbs to the rotation. I don't know why or when or how, but for some reason I play PC games now, and those guys are my kind of dudes.

    https://www.idlethumbs.net/idlethumbs/

    Tweet of the Day from BBC. 3 minutes, every weekday on the song of one bird, and a little bit about it. Easy to get into .

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/totd

    You Had To Be There.

    No new episodes, but a big backlog, and those ladies are hilarious. My podcast list is kind of sausagefest, and those women are women are podcasting out of NYC, so the overlap with Earwolf comedians isn't huge. Except when they do show up, and it's hilarious (there's a particularly funny episode with Paul F. Tompkins).

    http://youhadtobethere.libsyn.com/

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Variable
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    DEEBS!

    no

    you go here http://drinkfortpoint.com/

    Deebaser
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait

    shiv

    you're boston'ing?

    Uh

    I might see if I could make it for a bit

    GIRL

    WHAT

    I don't have tickets it is hard to convince myself to spend the time/money to go and I dunno what I'd do when people are busy!

    party

    Hmmmm

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    like a thing in DOTA

    memorizing the camp spawn times

    dragging them out just at the right time to stack them for xp later

    that is just one example of the minutia of skill needed in that game oh god

    That actually is pretty easy and mostly eye balling. Pulling through to the second camp takes skill.

    Mostly it is just practice though.

    All neutral camps spawn every minute on the minute if there is no camp there, no one looking at the camp(in sightline be it player or ward). Every camp is like this but Rosh.

    Pulling to the mobs is something you eyeball.

    Hardest part is stacking. Should be at about the 56 second mark you pull and drag the mobs away form the camp so it spawns again. That is hard.

    No the real crazy stuff in dota is the spell interaction and items.

    no, bullshit, you play LOL you don't do that, you play HOTS you don't have to do this minutia that was originally like a game bug

    I mean it's fine to have it be part of the game but the fact that you have to practice stacking up AI minions is a turnoff for some people!

    I was just explaining it don't get angry.

    I mean stacking and shit is for high level play. It is for supports and most folks don't really do it at all. I am not sure I would call it a bug either. It is how the War3 engine worked and the lanes and jungle are designed so you can do it. They mess with camp spawns to change how good or bad it is for folks.

    LoL and DoTA are from the same pedigree but they are not the same game. They are comparable but have very very different design philosophies and approaches. They both have really good parts and bad parts. You play the one that fits you most.

    Both are fine and really it is personal preference on which you like.

    I'm not angry at youuuuuuu Mazzy

    just DOTA

    cause it is hard

    :/

    It is.

    So is LoL especially if you want to get good.

    MOBAs are complex and that is why I love them.

    Valve has done a decent job trying to set up a tutorial and putting in in game guides and such to help new folks learn the game.

    But it will always be a tough climb. I am still in shock LoL is as popular as it is because mobas are to me a crazy niche game that mixes the twitch micro of rts, teamwork of counter strike and the ability sets of rpgs plus items and such. The skill ceiling on these games is super duper crazy high. But because of that the time it takes to become passable is way longer. I would say almost more so than Starcraft or other straight RTS games.

    I mean I got into platinum and gold in SCII without a lot of work when I played. And I could see my skill rising but it isn't like DoTA or LoL. I played about 600 to 700 games of LoL. It wasn't to about 200 in I was passable. And about 500 to where I was okay to mediocore.

    I am at 160 games of DoTA and I am probably passable or at least not a drain on my team but actually a plus. A lot of this is because of LoL giving me basics like last hitting but also because I played DoTA in War3 and tons of War3 so I am use to some of the weirdness.

    But in neither game am I good. And I probably won't be till I am at like 1k wins or something.

    HotS I think is making the skill rise much less steep. The barrier to entry will be lower by a lot. Which is good. But I am no sure the skill ceiling with be as high. Part of this is I haven't seen any of the big moba folks playing it yet just the SCII/Hearthstone folks+TB and none of them are really good at the genre.

    03x29di.png
    Variable
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ug1jmp6vhcwo.jpg

    DeebaserSo It GoesJamesKanaAresProphetoverride367
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    RUN THE TRAP

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    you want a baseball game? you want a fucking baseball game?

    9lDmzkk.jpg

    look at these graphics

    like god damn real life is what it is

    u1uWowq.gif

    @Jacobkosh‌ back me up on this

    dat shadow rendering

    GooeyDasUberEdward
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    One of my teachers just gave me a surprise backrub.

    ...Proooobably sexual harassment but I am not gonna complain.

  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    cannnnnnnnn I reach rank 13 before I have to leave to play soccer

    it is a mystery

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    best baseball video game graphics

    SO REALISTIC



    (watch whole thing)

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    AresProphetGooey
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    cannnnnnnnn I reach rank 13 before I have to leave to play soccer

    it is a mystery

    it is too late for soccer

    it is almost bedtime!

  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wish SpaceGhostPurrp's lyrics weren't so dumb, because man, he makes those beats just for me. Or that's how I feel when I listen.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    cannnnnnnnn I reach rank 13 before I have to leave to play soccer

    it is a mystery

    it is too late for soccer

    it is almost bedtime!
    game is at ten pm you old

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    DEEBS!

    no

    you go here http://drinkfortpoint.com/

    Oh yeah.
    This is much more my speed.
    I was just cringing at the panel topic and the menu of that particular "geek bar"

  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    One of my teachers just gave me a surprise backrub.

    ...Proooobably sexual harassment but I am not gonna complain.

    This is why you're so tense.

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    what was that arcade baseball game

    you could charge the mound

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular


    Speaking of sport games, I want this.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Okay I need to head to bed.

    Maybe I will start up SCII again at some point.

    I always get frustrated because it feels more job like than a game to me once I get going.

    Especially if I place high like plat or diamond. Though I would probably be high gold/low plat atm.

    My last time I was 3-1 on placement matches and just stopped.

    I love Starcraft but for some reason it just frustrates me so.

    03x29di.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay I need to head to bed.

    Maybe I will start up SCII again at some point.

    I always get frustrated because it feels more job like than a game to me once I get going.

    Especially if I place high like plat or diamond. Though I would probably be high gold/low plat atm.

    My last time I was 3-1 on placement matches and just stopped.

    I love Starcraft but for some reason it just frustrates me so.

    I like it in theory but in practicing maintaining macro is just too much busywork to be fun for me, personally.

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    what was that arcade baseball game

    you could charge the mound

    midway something or other you could like, tackle fielders on the basepaths to jar ball loose and stuff

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »


    Speaking of sport games, I want this.

    it's pretty fun.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay I need to head to bed.

    Maybe I will start up SCII again at some point.

    I always get frustrated because it feels more job like than a game to me once I get going.

    Especially if I place high like plat or diamond. Though I would probably be high gold/low plat atm.

    My last time I was 3-1 on placement matches and just stopped.

    I love Starcraft but for some reason it just frustrates me so.

    I like it in theory but in practicing maintaining macro is just too much busywork to be fun for me, personally.

    I like the campaigns, they have hit crazy wacky shit like War3 did so I tend to get the expansions for those. I like the well planned scripted madness.

    I think some of the backend macro is busy work to me as well. Maybe that is why I liked Dawn of War 2 so much. It was cinematic but the game was all about fights, awesome fights.

    I was also a Westwood guy though. Macro was just build more tanks and throw them at your enemy for awesome fights. And Blizzard always seemed like way too many obstacles to doing that.

    Seriously, fuck maxed drag click selection stuff and the like.

    03x29di.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also sleep, night homps.

    03x29di.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    SCII is way too stressful for me to enjoy. My brain just can't do it.

    That said, the singleplayer campaign is fun.

    Rear Admiral ChocoGooey
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay I need to head to bed.

    Maybe I will start up SCII again at some point.

    I always get frustrated because it feels more job like than a game to me once I get going.

    Especially if I place high like plat or diamond. Though I would probably be high gold/low plat atm.

    My last time I was 3-1 on placement matches and just stopped.

    I love Starcraft but for some reason it just frustrates me so.

    I like it in theory but in practicing maintaining macro is just too much busywork to be fun for me, personally.

    I like the campaigns, they have hit crazy wacky shit like War3 did so I tend to get the expansions for those. I like the well planned scripted madness.

    I think some of the backend macro is busy work to me as well. Maybe that is why I liked Dawn of War 2 so much. It was cinematic but the game was all about fights, awesome fights.

    I was also a Westwood guy though. Macro was just build more tanks and throw them at your enemy for awesome fights. And Blizzard always seemed like way too many obstacles to doing that.

    Seriously, fuck maxed drag click selection stuff and the like.

    I would love to see Blizzard revisit the more skirmish style of War3.

    Variable
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    i pretty much only enjoy multiplayer, especially multiplayer in really competitive games, when i am playing with friends who also suck

    all enjoyment, no stress

  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I have just started watching Frozen for the first time

    these eyes are bigger than most of my animes

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    This Wizards-Kings game

    god damn it john wall

    YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    *angrily reads about deucalion and pyrrha*

    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Well that happened. Started feeling really shitty and sweaty and shaky and despite being the grin and bear it type like my parents told my sis who tested my sugar and wouldn't you know it was

    Best part? Prescription is candy!

    But seriously scary as fuuuuuck.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    I dont even like sports games but goddamn these are fucking increidble looking

    tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two1_1280.jpg

    tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two6_1280.jpg

    Oh come the fuck on

    It's 20-fucking-14 and I can still see jaggies.

    Fucking where is my singularity goddammit I should be fucking...who was hot in 1994, Sharon Stone I should be fucking Kathy Ireland by now!

    Holy fuck Kathy Ireland now there's a banging hot bunch of beautiful right there what was I talking about?

    you want a baseball game? you want a fucking baseball game?

    9lDmzkk.jpg

    look at these graphics

    like god damn real life is what it is

    u1uWowq.gif

    Jacobkosh‌ back me up on this

    Well that does capture all the appeal baseball has quite accurately. :bz

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.