As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need to download piano notes

RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
I have this project where I'm going to assemble short clips of images and accompany each with audio to match elements in the images. Lots of housing, high notes, heavy industry, low notes, airplanes and construction, lowest notes.

The idea is to build an audio context of this residential and industrial neighborhood using google maps.

That said, I need audio to put in the videos, and either need the notes themselves, or a program/webapp that would let me input the piece and download a finished file of it played.

I thank you all for any help you may give.

and I'm a little freaked that I'm able to ask this sort of thing in our digital era.....

and its due at 2:30 pm (busy herding cats and recording audio for another group project).

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I'm getting what's asked for.

The subject line says piano, but that's not mentioned in the text.

Do you just need notes, like hitting a piano key repeatedly, or actual music? If the latter, do you read/play music? If so then a MIDI editor/sequencer will let you bang out some chords and trills or whatever. Or with minimal learning you could use an audio recorder (e.g. Audacity) and an online piano keyboard like http://www.virtualpiano.net/.

If you need music but don't actually read music yourself, then it might be easier for people to recommend pieces from YouTube.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd prefer piano, but I think I shouldn't be picky.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    I need the specific notes to be the encoded data

Category T has 4 units so 4 notes of C2#
    Category K has 2 units so 2 notes of C7b

• Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    If you have a mac and have access to Garageband, you can use the software to easily create the audio clips you need.

EDIT:
    I can explain how, if you tell me that you do in fact have Garageband.

garroad_ran on