As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fall of [Chat]

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there is a company in town that delivers cookies late night

this is how the end begins

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Gird is a weird word.

Lh96QHG.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    japan wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    i really want a safety razor because a) you get a better shave and b) you start saving money really quickly

it's just a better product than the shit you get with Gilette, and their marketing to make those razors the default was all-around a bad thing for men's hygiene

curse them and their legacy of razor burn

You've gotta buy the whole kit though. Brush, soap, etc.

Though the soap is amazingly awesome, really.

You don't really

I use a safety razor with bog standard shave gel lathered by hand

Although I do get oiler gel as opposed to soapier

Hmm.

Yeah actually that makes sense. I do use the whole thing though, it's pretty great.

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    BjXJnb-IMAEPzw3.jpg

Wut.

Drink Coke. It's like slapping Hitler.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm scared of safety razors and straight razors because of depression.

:expressionless:

I'm scared of safety razors and straight razors, because I've cut my ear, not once, but twice, shaving with the newer disposable razors.

I'm bad at shaving.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    it is universally regarded that MrMister enjoys epicurean pleasures even less than surrealitycheck‌

his main impetus tends to be the bacchanalian

not possible

i have the lowest tastes

i am bathygeuomic

google doesn't even have a hit for that

how do you even

it's like you weren't even classically educated

i spent 4 years learning latin ;_;

more like wheelacks

get dunked on

i don't know what this means only what a dunk is

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Straight razors kinda go with fixies, for me.

Like, I have one of those safety razors (not sure if this is the US terminology - common razor with a head that you throw away after a while and change for one of an over-priced pack of 3) WITH A BATTERY-POWERED MOTOR!

So, you just shave like with a normal rubbish safety razor but then it vibrates and shaves really smoothly and doesn't give me razor burn or cut me ever.

IT'S AN AWESOME PIECE OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY THAT DID NOT EVEN EXIST WHEN I WAS LEARNING TO SHAVE!

Purposefully choosing some old-timey-coincidentally-a-deadly-weapon razor makes me raise a single eyebrown, spock-like. A spockbrow.

Possibly spockbrow should be a unit measuring polite disbelief.

Straight razor? A single spockbrow.

A fixie? 3 spockbrows.

Also, I've seen someone attacked with a straight razor, and it didn't endear me towards the device much.

In summary, MY RAZOR IS SO COOL I AM LIVING IN THE FUTURE!

Not everything benefits with modernization. Straight razors cut better than any plastic motorized or multi-bladed gimmick I've tried followed by safety razors which are the metal kind you screw new blades into then the disposable razors and last the disposable cartridge.

No wait electrics are last I forgot about them.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    i used to work across from a place that did the whole 9 yards with a straight razor shave

used to get one once a week for free because i would send them over mojitos in big quart containers

of course, i would get a shave BEFORE i did that

i don't know when they would start imbibing

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i only ever shave my neck, really, because i leave the level of stubble on my jaw that has been objectively and empirically determined to be most attractive

but the neck is the most crucial area in which to get a good shave.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    theres this pizza place near me where i can order a miniscule pizza (7 inches or something) and then i can get 16 chicken nuggets of varying kinds

and i do that

the pizza is the starter which prepares the way for the nuggetgasm

obF2Wuw.png
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    straight razors are very difficult to use but give a much closer shave, and when done correctly, and combined with balms, hot towels, and aftershaves, can be a very stimulating and pleasurable experience

fixed gear bicycles are excellent ways to get around urban environs

that young people latch onto them as some sort of a gauge of authenticity ought not slight the things in themselves

You are right, bicycles are a great way to get around an urban environment. I don't know that have a fixed gear makes it somehow much more qualified.

Straight razors just seem classy as fuck. Also, I want to shave with a knife.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    theres this pizza place near me where i can order a miniscule pizza (7 inches or something) and then i can get 16 chicken nuggets of varying kinds

and i do that

Hello Ronnie fiylaw cosplayer.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    "more like wheelacks"

hahahahahahahahaha I GET THAT JOKE

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    there is a company in town that delivers cookies late night

this is how the end begins

this pizza place also delivers warm cookies

its amazing...

obF2Wuw.png
    straight razors are very difficult to use but give a much closer shave, and when done correctly, and combined with balms, hot towels, and aftershaves, can be a very stimulating and pleasurable experience

that young people latch onto them as some sort of a gauge of authenticity ought not slight the things in themselves

You are right, bicycles are a great way to get around an urban environment. I don't know that have a fixed gear makes it somehow much more qualified.

i use an electric razor because it takes absolutely zero effort and if nothing else my life is a testament to the path of least resistance

its like performance art

obF2Wuw.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    what is a wheelax

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    i try to learn things but i've spent too much brain space on meaningless shit

aaron paul had a cameo in van wilder as "wasted guy"

ben grieve was american league rookie of the year in 1998

thurman thomas is the only player to score in 4 straight super bowls

i have spent far too much time learning about games, and not even on an academic level that's awesome like game theory

we all have our horrible garbage clogging the works

especially if you weren't lucky enough to have domineering intellectual parents who force you to learn things you hate but make you smarter in exchange for a sort of ambient, low-grade psychological trauma

• japanjapan Registered User regular

and i do that

Is there a reason not to put the nuggets on the pizza

I don't know what the conventions involved in fast food overindulgence are

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    im so tired i am gonna nap

it was so goddamn nice today and still is nice out

got tacos n ceviche stuff

UXwd7j4l.jpg

got spring-y clothes

zKdEHFMl.jpg

now nap

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo

They're cheaper and easier to fix/clean than multi-gear, which is beneficial if you're in a city where bikes will get stolen. Though I can't understand people using them places that aren't as flat as Chicago because fuck that noise.

Also, I definitely need to start wet shaving. But only after I make it through the last packet of safeties since those things are way too damn expensive.

what is a wheelax

one of the traditional textbooks for teaching Latin is Wheelock's

you have been expertly burned

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I want someone here with me.

Girl I want to shop with you!!!

those look like nice duds shaz

what is a wheelax

agricola... agricolae..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    weeps

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

Because i a city you don't really have need for gears. You will pretty much never be going down a steep hill unless you live in like, San Fran, and sometimes you are going to want to be able to go very slowly but still stay upright. The most desirable thing for an urban bike is lightness.

edit* didn't even think about mentioning the maintenance possibility of theft moniker pointed out

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I now have a green tie and an orange tie

Fuck yeah orange tie.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

and i do that

Is there a reason not to put the nuggets on the pizza

I don't know what the conventions involved in fast food overindulgence are

well i put way too much ketchup on the nuggets

and i dont normally ketchup my pizza... altho i could

obF2Wuw.png
    what is a wheelax

agricola... agricolae..

ecce romani is the bestest

obF2Wuw.png
    I don't really think there's such a thing as useless knowledge

Some will be more useful than others, though obvs

I say this as a person that insatiably acquires information about whatever is interesting me at the moment

Like today I spent an hour reading about green manures and figuring out which garden herbs are perennials or hardy shrubs

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Like, I have one of those safety razors (not sure if this is the US terminology - common razor with a head that you throw away after a while and change for one of an over-priced pack of 3) WITH A BATTERY-POWERED MOTOR!

So, you just shave like with a normal rubbish safety razor but then it vibrates and shaves really smoothly and doesn't give me razor burn or cut me ever.

IT'S AN AWESOME PIECE OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY THAT DID NOT EVEN EXIST WHEN I WAS LEARNING TO SHAVE!

Purposefully choosing some old-timey-coincidentally-a-deadly-weapon razor makes me raise a single eyebrown, spock-like. A spockbrow.

A fixie? 3 spockbrows.

Also, I've seen someone attacked with a straight razor, and it didn't endear me towards the device much.

idk i'm thinking about getting a straight razor or something ridiculous because i get such bad razor burn.

it's terrible ;-;

steam_sig.png
    I don't really think there's such a thing as useless knowledge

Some will be more useful than others, though obvs

I say this as a person that insatiably acquires information about whatever is interesting me at the moment

Like today I spent an hour reading about green manures and figuring out which garden herbs are perennials or hardy shrubs

let me tell you about frame data

My computer has been overheating and making bad noises. :neutral_face:

Stop that computer. I don't want to replace you, but I will.

Because i a city you don't really have need for gears. You will pretty much never be going down a steep hill unless you live in like, San Fran, and sometimes you are going to want to be able to go very slowly but still stay upright. The most desirable thing for an urban bike is lightness.

edit* didn't even think about mentioning the maintenance possibility of theft moniker pointed out

Even if it isn't completely flat people don't need gears as much as they think

Like, I have to ride over a hill with a 10% incline to get to work and I do that on a 44/16 singlespeed

all knowledge is useless in the face of existence's brutality

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it is unsettling how quickly a sleeve of Thin Mints stops being in the sleeve and starts being in my belly

Quid wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Omg

70 min deep tissue massage

Cool
    TREAT
    YO
    S...
    Accompanied with sea chanties and wooden ship acoustics

...WAIT...WHAT THE FUCK?

@Deebaser‌

Rad and I went to one of Lush's new spas. Lush wants them to have a British feel and the deept tissue massage in particular a nautical one. It was actually really nice. And then you finish with this:

wcv6ayX.png

There's one in NY!

i honestly don't like it because it reminds me of a house or something

steam_sig.png

A fixie? 3 spockbrows.

idk i'm thinking about getting a straight razor or something ridiculous because i get such bad razor burn.

it's terrible ;-;

Seems like getting a beard might be the easier solution.

im ordering a pizza and some spicy chicken nuggetssssssssss

gettt ittttt

steam_sig.png
    due how is it physically possible to only play 3.2 hours of Civ V in two weeks

This discussion has been closed.