As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VROOOM PSH VRROOOOOM [Car thread]

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Make sure to tell Dodge to fuck off when they try and do a credit check before your test drive if you try a Dart.

Did a dealership do this to you? They didn't ask me to provide info for a credit check before my test drive.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    The 2 is a great little car. It's just that the Fiesta is better.

Yea that's the problem. Good isn't good enough. Though If you were able to get a smoking deal on one then I would totally consider one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    jgeis wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    Make sure to tell Dodge to fuck off when they try and do a credit check before your test drive if you try a Dart.

Did a dealership do this to you? They didn't ask me to provide info for a credit check before my test drive.

Yeah. Dodge was the only dealership to try it.

I was giving the girl my info and all of a sudden she asks for my social insurance number. I ask her what for and she says to get my preapproval started. I kindly told her there's no chance of that happening and if it was going to bar me from a test drive I would just leave.

My mom worked in personal finance for 40 years. The horror stories she would tell of people destroying their credit rating in a single day of car shopping.

Damn phone posting.

Angry on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just did a light detailing inside the car, satin finish on the dash and body panels, vinyl restorative on the seats. Fuck yes. Looks like new. If I had a new drivers seat installed you wouldn't think this cab was almost 10 years old with 150k miles under its belt.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Man why didn't I do this whole manual driving thing earlier? Turbo time is fun time.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Car dealerships can nuke your credit even if you only visit one place.

One time a honda dealership did 17 pulls on me. 17

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    That's when you go down and shit on some hoods in the showroom. WTF, 17 my ass.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Car dealerships can nuke your credit even if you only visit one place.

One time a honda dealership did 17 pulls on me. 17

Jesus Christ.

I knew my credit was good, and I was also putting down a substantial down payment so I was never worried about financing. The dude at Ford (who did a single pull) said I had the highest score for someone my age he'd seen in his time at Ford. Was pretty proud of that.

The only manual I've owned/driven was my '87 Plymouth Horizon, which was a spectacular piece of crap.

We are getting spotty but very severe storms right now. I had to get off the interstate on my way home from work, and then pull of the road entirely. The place where I stopped had a particularly flooded patch of road, it was probably around 3" or 4" deep after just 10 minutes of rain due to the valley created by the restaurant parking lot and the road.

I had just pulled over when I watched a dude in a Sebring hit that spot at about 55mph. Dude was going way too fast for conditions anyway but it was like a tidal wave when he hit that flooding. It did not end well for him.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    car dealerships are the fucking worst.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Well I just got home, 35 mins after I normally do. That was my first time doing stop and go bumper to bumper in my manual for near the entirety of my commute. All I have to say is fuck everything about that.

Only stalled once though :). My first gear probably really hates me right now.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Nice! Thankfully I didn't hit stop and go until I was pretty comfortable with driving the car. Though some Los Angeles drives get quite grating...

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It seems like I just ordered a new car

Psykoma wrote: »

Did you go with the Accord?

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »

Did you go with the Accord?

Yup, coupe, elx navi

iRacing is releasing in-race driver swaps in the fall. I believe it's teams up to 4 + a crew chief.

To the best of my knowledge, their intent is to begin hosting real-life length endurance races when this gets released. (They are also working on day/night cycles)

now if they can just finish their brake-wear model, my life will be complete

Annnd I'm officially a stick driver now. I've been assimalated. I had to take the old auto Subie to the car wash to get it prepped for sale today. Sat down in it, and proceeded to try to find the clutch to start the car. Then pressed the brake with my left foot. I figured it out, but it was a haze of confusion for a good 30 seconds there.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Oh hey, my car was stolen :/

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    That's some shit right there. Hope it works out for you

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I just finished the MSF basic riders course and now have my motorcycle permit. Next up, get a bike and ride it for six months then take the BRC2!

Currently hiding the Dart under a truck stop awning in Westville, IN because we just got caught up in a hella bad storm. I'd rather not risk hail damage so I'm camping out here with two other drivers and a police officer.

0ysxs7oaf0t6.jpg

:(

a gallon of this arrived yesterday

http://www.pettitracing.com/protek-r/

I'm excited. Hoping to see some measurable fuel economy improvements. Even a half an MPG would be a victory

So Dodge finally confirmed the horsepower and torque ratings for the Challenger SRT Hellcat. It's 707hp/650lb-ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhnO95drbA

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    That's ridiculous.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    because fuck tires.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is that all?

Meh, rip the V8 out, slap one of these in, THEN fit a blower to that...

http://jalopnik.com/challenger-srt-hellcat-every-detail-of-americas-most-p-1598992224

I really like the interior of the Hellcat. Also, they're really talking up that 8-speed auto. I wonder if it will really be any good? You can get the 6-speed out of the Viper instead, with upgraded clutch and cooling, but they hardly talk about it.

It's the ZF 8 speed that's been showing up in everything. Most likely the 8HP90 model that has until now only been used in the Rolls Royce Ghost and the Bentley Mulsanne.

Good gearbox.

I'm also a big fan of the red key/black key system. Red key for me, black key for the few people I trust to drive something with 500hp.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I'd like a blue 'service' key that only uses 2 cylinder and maxxes it at 200bhp.

the blue service key should just be an electric taxi motor

to prevent all potential ferris bueller situations

pimento wrote: »
    I'd like a blue 'service' key that only uses 2 cylinder and maxxes it at 200bhp.

It's a Challenger, it weighs the same as a Commodore. 200 horsepower isn't much in a car that size!

a challenger is obscenely huge for a coupe

it feels bigger and heavier than most small SUVs... and just as doughy and disconnected from the road. I assume they fix at least some of that in the Hellcat

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really need to fix my drivers side window. I hate not being able to roll it down.

Car recovered! The cop had stopped at a coffee shop because he owed his partner a coffee and he noticed across the lot a car matching the description of mine. The cop said he likes finding stolen cars a lot and memorizes the last 4 of the plates of current stolen cars and their descriptions. So I was pretty lucky he happened to pull into that lot. The lady at denny's said the dude came in looking all methy and nervous and took off. He probably spotted the cops and was looking to get away.

So yay, they got the car before it could be stripped, only the radio is missing. The radio was a piece of shit anyway.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Car recovered! The cop had stopped at a coffee shop because he owed his partner a coffee and he noticed across the lot a car matching the description of mine. The cop said he likes finding stolen cars a lot and memorizes the last 4 of the plates of current stolen cars and their descriptions. So I was pretty lucky he happened to pull into that lot. The lady at denny's said the dude came in looking all methy and nervous and took off. He probably spotted the cops and was looking to get away.

So yay, they got the car before it could be stripped, only the radio is missing. The radio was a piece of shit anyway.

You owe that cop all the coffee.

At least a car's worth.

...so like a venti frappe something or other at Starbucks.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular

It's a Challenger, it weighs the same as a Commodore. 200 horsepower isn't much in a car that size!

It's enough to get a valet to a parking spot.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular

That's the point, how many stories have you read about cars getting wrecked while being serviced? :P

This discussion has been closed.