As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zdeno [Chat]ra

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    gawd stop posting gigantic images that aren't even animated!!

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I cannot tell you how much I hated FFG when they announced this.

I do NOT want to get into a third LCG.. and yet.. here we are.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    gawd stop posting gigantic images that aren't even animated!!

Jesus, I didn't even notice that was a 2.12MB image!

That's probably the biggest sin Chrome commits - no way to quickly inspect an image's size without a plugin. I personally have "Image Size Info" installed.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    omg gillian anderson is in hannibal?

god look how nice her hair is

that's probably a weird reaction

• Options
    I am usually pretty good with that, but man I just missed it with that one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    it's wikimedia @mazzyx, they helpfully offer numerous already-resized versions for leeching

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i would probably pay a subscription fee to the PA forums if I could get an option that would let users inline gifs but have a setting that let them determine whether gifs load on the page or are replaced by links with still previews

• Options
    it's wikimedia mazzyx, they helpfully offer numerous already-resized versions for leeching

I know, I normally use it.

I was just lazy this time.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    i am being kinda of a dick about it but firefox is being laggy lately whilst scrolling

meh, beta software.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    i am being kinda of a dick about it but firefox is being laggy lately whilst scrolling

meh, beta software.

I also fixed it when you pointed it out.

My brain just miss sized it for some reason.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    So Fantasy Flight has a new 40k LCG coming. I am super fascinated.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=261&esem=1

hmm

we will see

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    mim I had the biggest crush on that actress when I was younger. knew her from All My Children which my mom always watched.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    awww whatever. you lot are unhelpful. Went with doubles, cause possible utility or something.

off to get food stuffs.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Never played an LCG but the art on this is compelling, VERY compelling

• Options
    edited March 2014

meh, beta software.

I also fixed it when you pointed it out.

My brain just miss sized it for some reason.

yeah, thanks for fixing it

hrmm

have some scotties:

scottish-terrier.jpg

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I miss my scotty so much.

He is such a big teddy bear.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that goat is moments from squirting

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    @Cinders‌

A video game has never better prepared me to get excited about essay prompts:
    (ii) Henceforth, if a plea arises concerning the division or occupation of lands, and if it is between my own barons, let it be tried in my court. And if it is between vassals of some baron who holds an honour of me, let the plea be tried in the court of their lord. And if it is between vassals of two lords, let it be tried in the county [court].
    (Writ of Henry I on local courts)

(iii) The king to the sheriff, greeting. If G., son of O., will give you security for prosecuting his claim, then summon through good summoners twelve free and lawful men from the neighbourhood of N., to be before me or my justices on day T., prepared to recognize by oath whether O., father of the aforesaid G., was seised in demesne, as of his fee, of one virgate of land in that vill on the day that he died, if he died after my first coronation, and whether the said G. is his nearest heir.
    (Extracts from Glanvill: writ of mort d’ancestor)

(iv) If any one of our earls or barons or other men holding of us in chief dies, and if when he dies his heir is of full age and owes relief, [that heir] shall have his inheritance for the ancient relief: namely, the heir or heirs of an earl £100 for the whole barony of an earl; the heir or heirs of a baron £100 for a whole barony; the heir or heirs of a knight 100s, at most for a whole knight's fee. And let whoever owes less give less, according to the ancient custom of fiefs.
    (Magna Carta, c. 2)

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    I keep watching Kill la Kill.

I have decided this show was written by taking a list of tropes and putting them on a board.

Then eating a whole shit ton of magic mushrooms.

The script was then delivered and animated and recorded as is with no editing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Never played an LCG but the art on this is compelling, VERY compelling

Fantasy Flight has incredible production values, middling to awesome rules and mechanics (depending on who works on the product/how much playtesting it gets) and absolutely fucking God-Awful manuals and instructions.

LCGs are an extremely compelling model too, because the base game works fine as a standalone game, and the expansions are cheap.

For instance, my current investment in Netrunner, if you assume I bought everything at face value:

4x cores = $160
    2x copies of Genesis cycle = $180
    1x copy of Spin cycle = $90 (the 6th pack comes out Friday)
    1x copy of Creation & Control = $30

So that's $460. And I got 2x of those cores and that second copy of Genesis cycle for $50, basically. And my second core was a gift card off Amazon for cheaper.

This is of course not counting sleeves, some custom tokens, and playmats.. but. Hey. :)

Game of Thrones players have it worse because the game's been out for 6 years and every single card is legal, but that's also a testament to their game development cycles. A cycle lasts 6 months and produces 120 new cards, so cards don't get produced at nearly the rate of Magic.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    grumble grumble

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

ScSvgOB.jpg

I like to imagine that the old dude is pushing beardy away in an attempted geriatric cockblock

...why would your imagination turn "beardy" (aka my dad) into someone who is hitting on me :open_mouth:

He looks to young to be your dad.

Or you look too old to be his daughter.

Take your pick.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The problem is that you cannot agree with just the part you like. Either the entire argument is true or it is false...

Since when?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

ScSvgOB.jpg

I like to imagine that the old dude is pushing beardy away in an attempted geriatric cockblock

...why would your imagination turn "beardy" (aka my dad) into someone who is hitting on me :open_mouth:

He looks to young to be your dad.

Or you look too old to be his daughter.

Take your pick.

waiting for mim to break your face in

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I am a sucker for any and all things 40K.

488W936.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I have decided this show was written by taking a list of tropes and putting them on a board.

Its so good

• Options
    Casual wrote: »
    msmya wrote: »
    Hung over and slightly feeling under the weather . Blehh.

but you guys clamoring for the Mya-pie.

Shoot up like a daisy.

er...like I mean stand in the sun and grow tall, not do heroin.

third reading and nope, still can't make sense of this post

She's telling my to get some D so she can get some D.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    @Chanus‌
    This corned beef brisket didnt have a spice packet enclosed.

[Panic ensues]
    [overseasoning intensifies]

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »

I love 40k.

I love the video games and the table top. It is the perfect drink beer and watch shit go down via dice game.

And LCGs fill my ccg addiction.

My problem, is no one to play with.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Its so good

its so very very... something

like however you want to describe the show

it is very very very much that

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I really think I need to buy a second or third copy of Opening Moves. Jackson Howard is just that damned good.

• Options
    I really think I need to buy a second or third copy of Opening Moves. Jackson Howard is just that damned good.

Oh god another PUA. Uggghhh

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »

I love 40k.

I love the video games and the table top. It is the perfect drink beer and watch shit go down via dice game.

And LCGs fill my ccg addiction.

My problem, is no one to play with.

I used to play Magic and 40K tabletop when I was younger and had local friends to play them with. These days I am simply too busy and my figures and cards collect dust in my storage room.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

Its so good

its so very very... something

like however you want to describe the show

it is very very very much that

I keep watching it.

I zone the fuck out most of the time. I get most of it just by listening even with their dumb ass dialog.

But the fights are fucking top notch. They have an eye for fight choreography few do. They proved that with the 24 episode dick joke.

Like the animation is top fucking notch.

But every time someone talks I kind of want to face palm.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    One of my younger brothers has been in Costa Rica for a while. He spends his time backpacking in rain forests, rappelling down water falls, harvesting cocoa, and drinking rum.

Talk about an unbelievably cool way to deal with a breakup, hahah.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.