As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Nope i can't play either right now but my forum presence is limited to using my phone so it's hard to post

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Hmmm, just got an email that has a beta key in it. I suppose I should give it to someone to use?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I'm in and playing, some one shoot me a guild invite on "Scythes" (shitty name, I know).

• Options
    I'm in and playing, some one shoot me a guild invite on "Scythes" (shitty name, I know).

Man, you should make a male spellslinger named Knives. =P

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Hmmm, just got an email that has a beta key in it. I suppose I should give it to someone to use?

Well if you don't find anyone more worthy, I might make use of a beta key this weekend. I probably won't get to play much though, so I'm only asking if it would go to waste otherwise. :smile:

• Options

Well if you don't find anyone more worthy, I might make use of a beta key this weekend. I probably won't get to play much though, so I'm only asking if it would go to waste otherwise. :smile:

Sure thing, sending you a PM with the code. I think I figured out why I have it. I think I used a different email account to try signing up at one point but had some weird issues, so I used a different one instead.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Wait what, surprise beta weekend now?

This sucks, gonna be busy all saturday ><.

• Options

Sure thing, sending you a PM with the code. I think I figured out why I have it. I think I used a different email account to try signing up at one point but had some weird issues, so I used a different one instead.

Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

To answer your PM, I do know what's needed to use it, unless it has changed since last weekend? I guess I'll find out the hard way if it has. :cold_sweat:

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I...I'm glad beta is here and I can try a few things out...but I want the REAL GAME NOW PLS!!!!!

I really need to try out some test builds this weekend but I don't want to get attached to any characters yet. I made a chua a la Gremlins two with Mohawk and its just tick-tock staring at a clock until I can make him for realz!

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    So I have a friend and he has a friend, they both rolled up characters on Dominion side on the realm that starts with the letter M. They did this mainly to avoid the high pop of Nexus. I'm probably gonna do the same thing with my wife when we get a chance to play tonight.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Do any of the classes have a mind control ability? For a PvP server with high ledges, this information is paramount.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Do any of the classes have a mind control ability? For a PvP server with high ledges, this information is paramount.

Oh god, I had totally forgotten about the good ol' days of using mind control in PvP. My initial scan returns negative on the Wildstar mind control, sadly.

• Options
    Papagander wrote: »
    I...I'm glad beta is here and I can try a few things out...but I want the REAL GAME NOW PLS!!!!!

I really need to try out some test builds this weekend but I don't want to get attached to any characters yet. I made a chua a la Gremlins two with Mohawk and its just tick-tock staring at a clock until I can make him for realz!

I wouldn't get attached to builds either, because those are about to change a lot in April's patch.

Also, beeze what char were you getting mad frames in arcdhip on, cause i swore i see a message from you in a ss posted on reddit. Someone said almost the same thing you said here

• Options
    So I have a friend and he has a friend, they both rolled up characters on Dominion side on the realm that starts with the letter M. They did this mainly to avoid the high pop of Nexus. I'm probably gonna do the same thing with my wife when we get a chance to play tonight.

I have experienced zero population related issues on Nexus.

• Options

I have experienced zero population related issues on Nexus.

Ah, I was assuming that in the last weekend, it was the high pop that was causing random disconnects and lag.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh, it might have been, but I really think that was a netcode issue. Since it wasn't booting accounts, just characters.

There would be a spec of lag, it would think you were speed hacking since you were in a new place once the packets got to the server, and it would boot you.

That still happens, but less often.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I think I only got disconnected once last beta weekend, but a couple times when I went to login, there were queues so I had to wait.

Not very long at all, and I certainly wasn't bothered by it, but at launch it could be a much bigger problem as prime beta servers in MMOs tend to become the hugely over-populated ones at launch.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Back in and hanging out, sure would like a guild invite.

"Scythes"

• Options
    SomeWarlockSomeWarlock Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I don't think any class MC, but quite a few have knockback, which is ALMOST as good.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    There's also the... disorient? status effect. The one that reverses your controls, so you might accidentally walk off a cliff.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    ok, im in draken slinger, named bludbathe

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    "We've just sent out 100,000 beta weekend invites to our oldest beta applicants who weren't lucky enough to get invites previously. These invites will only work for this weekend, but you can always pre-order to get access to the rest of the weekends!"

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Holy shit, that is just, like, classy as FUCK

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Played a bunch today. Did some duo guild BG's, leveled to 14.

This is the game. Guys. It's got all the stuff.

Edit: I'm going to be playing the most jank Esper. But it placed 2/3 in both DPS and healing all the time.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    So I can't really figure what or how you obtain rewards for doing public events. Is there something I'm missing?

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I think it depends on the public event. I'm only going by the ones at the end of the Chua/Draken starting zone (the first zone on the planet, forgot the name), but the final quest warbot just seemed a way to give everyone credit while the nearby soldier holdout mission actually gave you a loot bag for contributing. IIRC both had post event scoreboards but the mission automatically deposited a loot bag in my inventory.

Going altaholic here but just want to try all the favors. So far narrowed it down Medic, Esper and Spellslinger, with Settler and Scientist. Still need to try Stalker and Engineer but with how Warrior went I think I'll be sticking to range.

• Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I think it depends on the public event. I'm only going by the ones at the end of the Chua/Draken starting zone (the first zone on the planet, forgot the name), but the final quest warbot just seemed a way to give everyone credit while the nearby soldier holdout mission actually gave you a loot bag for contributing. IIRC both had post event scoreboards but the mission automatically deposited a loot bag in my inventory.

Going altaholic here but just want to try all the favors. So far narrowed it down Medic, Esper and Spellslinger, with Settler and Scientist. Still need to try Stalker and Engineer but with how Warrior went I think I'll be sticking to range.

I have a stalker and while I love the mobility and of course the stealth is sweet I dislike being melee. There is too many aoe abilities which seems to punish melee the most. I'm in middle of playing esper now. I wanna try medic, engineer, and Spell Slinger.

As a path thing I think settler has some awesome buffs but I just ran across a quest called "CACHE: XXX" where xxx is some location. I can't for the life of me find the cache! Its driving my OCD nature crazy. Thinking about sticking with scientist unless I can figure out this cache quest.

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    A few things still bug me a lot:

Communicator quests are really easy to miss, I collect like 4 missed calls at a time

There's zero feedback for how much experience you get when completing a quest unless you are looking at your xp % as you turn it in

A lot of the quests are weird and random. Is there some evidence that a rousing (and incredibly easy) round of simon says does anything for a player to give them a mental break from what they were doing before? It just gives me a bad impression of their idea of variety. I would rather just have my character poke something for 3 seconds than have to do any of these quick time events.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I just saw a stream of a Mechari medic and he looked pretty awesome. That's a race/class combo I might be looking at for release

• Options
    Played a bunch today. Did some duo guild BG's, leveled to 14.

This is the game. Guys. It's got all the stuff.

Edit: I'm going to be playing the most jank Esper. But it placed 2/3 in both DPS and healing all the time.

Yeah sorry i disappeared, kid woke up and never went back downstairs.

Was fun duoing, i wish i could find you more easily though. It was hard to really help each other a lot but the few fights we did together went well.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    It'll just take practice. I was mostly just dicking around playing TDM. Voip will help a lot, even for listeners.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Yeah we clearly weren't trying to win except for that one game that i responded to that dude who was bitching. I was trying to learn how to work as a small group i have only solo herod bgs before.

Voip ids hard for me cause my wife pots my youngest to sleep downstairs and plays on her laptop and that's about 5feet away from me :/ when she does go upstairs though i can prolly whip out a mic

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Sitting next to someone actively on VoIP is just business as usual in our household. Just gotta prod them and ask them to keep it down when they get overly excited.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Hmm...so for breakout gameplay:

Stun: Tap F
    Knockdown: Dodge
    Tether: Destroy Anchor
    Disarm: Pick up weapon

I guess Root, Disorient and Blind are "deal with it" CCs? Haven't encountered the last two but the first in pvp can be killer to squishy me.

Karoz on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    pretty much.

Disorient switches your movement keys around. so if you can figure it out, kudos for you. Your look and aiming functions are not affected so if you have longer ranged hits, use those.

Blind isnt necessarily a blackout screen, I've been able to fight pretty effectively as my esper even when blinded. I think it would be a bigger factor for stalkers, warriors and engineers since they need to be somewhat close to their targets and situational awareness is very key to those classes.

I think what you think is tether is actually Root, in which case, destroy the anchor. unless it is something else and i dunno.

I do know the esper has an ability that lets them cleanse two ailments on party members. maybe other support classes have cleansing abilities as well.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Esper's root (Restraint) can only be broken by another skill/cleanse/amp. It's crushingly powerful.

Last night I nearly aced a team when we were having a huge scrum over the mask, I dropped a Restraint field into the cluster, popped both Bolster charges to get me to 5, and chucked a storm into everyone.

6 kills.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Hee. This is what the Engineer gun actually shoots out.

wildstar_engigun.jpg

That's a lot of detail for something you can't even see outside of screenshots.

• Options
    Hmm, could have swore Root and Tether were different as when I was rooted I could not move at all while tethered gave me the glowy range.

Also, Settler is best hands down for building the Vigilant Choir.

• Options
    Root and Tether are very different.

Root keeps you at the spot you were rooted. I'm not even sure you can turn, but those might have been bad players.

Tether pins you to an object, and gives you a small area to move around in. If you attack and destroy the tethering object, you are free to run around as you please.

The only counter to Root is some kind of freedom skill or a support taking mercy on you.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    thanks for the clarifying, anon. guess I'll keep that cleanse ability handy in pvp

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
This discussion has been closed.