As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    @PMAvers Watched your VOD of your dungeon run. real shame the boss AI bugged out but that's a gamewide bug. Sometimes they catch the stupids and just stand there. Hopefully it'll be in monday's fix

Would be nice, yes, since "that phase" that got skipped is the "holy shit what" moment of the fight.

The VOD of the Siege adventure run looks like it came out okay, too. Although you can see me sucking it up badly because of the lag from the stream. Will probably go in and edit it into it's own video when it becomes available to.

Funny, I ended up going on another one later on and got into one that was 4/5 waves complete and at 100% generator health... but one of the NPC grunts glitched out and couldn't be assigned a spot, so we couldn't finish it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2014
    Did you like our trial by fire for the tank?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    When I saw the tank actually run up onto the forge I was all "What. no. No stop. what are you doing?"

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Whenever we have a new tank, we don't tell them shit. We just say "pull" and watch the fireworks.

Heph lasted much longer than the previous tanks!

YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2014
    Oh, hey, there we go. The Siege of Tempest Refuge VOD

EDIT: I've never had to fall back before on this adventure, the bit starting at 23:30 was CRAZY.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    So is that why you were dying so much? Was the streaming killing your framerate?

YL9WnCY.png
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So is that why you were dying so much? Was the streaming killing your framerate?

Framerate was fine, actually. It just was that I'd push a button, and the thing would actually happen a couple seconds later.

Made dodging telegraphs sometimes tricky.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    ->Will the winter beta hoverboard in live be the same model as the one in beta?
    Long the same lines, will the highwayman costume and any other unlocks from beta or PTR (excluding Boom Boxes) be available for each character created or one per account?
    CRB_Beepz: Yep, the winter beta hoverboard is known as the "Flux Hoverboard", which is available for purchase on the mount vendors in the capital cities.

This doesn't really answer the other question of where one gets the Highwayman set.

488W936.png
    it'll be in your account stash come launch I think

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    ->Will the winter beta hoverboard in live be the same model as the one in beta?
    Long the same lines, will the highwayman costume and any other unlocks from beta or PTR (excluding Boom Boxes) be available for each character created or one per account?
    CRB_Beepz: Yep, the winter beta hoverboard is known as the "Flux Hoverboard", which is available for purchase on the mount vendors in the capital cities.

This doesn't really answer the other question of where one gets the Highwayman set.

They do that, a lot.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Although why you would ever use TK Strike afterwards when you get it, one doesn't know.

On a no movement fight, TK Strike does clearly more dps given the cast time compared to the 3 GCDs you need to go through for Psychic Frenzy.

But unlike WoW, assuming a no movement fight exists is laughable

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    it'll be in your account stash come launch I think

I wish it was now. :(

On the bright side though, Dominion explorer set is pretty nice. I already have the hat on my Spellslinger Jazera on ol' Pergo PvP.

VkNdWC6.jpg

I went Dom because @Axen wanted to give em a whirl on a PvP server.

iyETc2i.jpg

I also have Doctor Jacob on call. He seems to be a bit aggressive with those lasers though...
    vS5v86M.jpg

8TmrKrn.jpg

Yeah might have set the oversized defibrillator power settings a wee bit too high...

488W936.png
    I like the subtlety in a lot of this humor. Giant death bot? Foot stuck in a hole and it can't get out.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I was pleasantly surprised to find a Spaceballs reference when questing.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I always play pet classes, and one of the little things that always bugs me is how pets never get a swim animation, they usually just walk through the water behind you. So I was pleasantly surprised when my droids started spinning their legs like propellers when we got in the water.

13971923978_34cd5d489c_o.png

steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh goddamnit, I logged back in and realized that my engi was on a different server. Started a new character on Nexus so I hope to see some of y'all in-game soon!

JtgVX0H.png
    xFRAwRd.png

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Never got around to making that exile guild on Nexus, Had a couple beers with the family last night, Time slipped away and then I rememberd I had to get up way to fucking early for mothers day today and go to work.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Well, finally managed to get a character to 20 and pub the two level 20 dungeons. I got fairly competent groups in both cases, and we pretty much breezed trough kel'voreth, with some hiccups on some of the more nasty trashpacks. The final boss bugged out, which sucked, so will have to run it again to see him. I absolutely loved the second bossfight, with the giant golem and bombs and stuff.

Stormtalons lair was a bit more hairy, mostly due to the tank constantly attempting to fight enemies close to other enemies instead of pulling them back. the first boss murdered us the first time due to the giant telegraph in p2, some of us missed the safe spots. The air elemental bugged out, which sucked, and the final boss was pretty fun.

Overall they were both amazing though. And if I can level purely on dungeons/adventures I just might.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    adventures are good for xp, dungeons not so much, but dungeons give some pretty decent level bracket loot, especially support powered gear. instances are also a good place to pick up signs of elements, which are needed for runes.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, noticed I went from 16-20 in about 3-4 adventure runs, but barely got the half level I had left to 21 in the first instance.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So, gave the OB a shot. Took a Spellslinger to around 10, hooked on the game. Will be preordering.

I want to keep playing, but I hate the idea of throwing time into a character that will get deleted. Why is this not out now :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
    Put some amps in the guild bank.
    Any engineers might want to pick up the Try and Hurt Me! and Volatility Rising. The later of which is probably the only "mandatory" amp if you don't like using any of the builder skills like pulse blast and flak cannon

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    yay mothers day!

• Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what the time waiting period on switching crafts is? I'm assuming one game day, but I haven't determined how long that is yet.

I USED to be a week but I'm not sure if that got tweaked down to 24 hours or not

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    So, gave the OB a shot. Took a Spellslinger to around 10, hooked on the game. Will be preordering.

I want to keep playing, but I hate the idea of throwing time into a character that will get deleted. Why is this not out now :?

I'm in much the same boat. I played enough to know I'll give it a whirl, plus I almost always give my money to MMO devs that try new things.

Now, I'm pretty much just trying out each class to decide on which will be my main.

Spellslinger is fun, but I'm pretty damn sure there'll be a billion of them (90% of which will be either Aurin females or Chua).

Warrior is decent. I'm enjoying myself at any rate.

Esper is, eeh. I like the concept, it just strikes me as so weird that in a game that advertises its action combat they'd have class that can't move.

The rest I've yet to try. Will probably do Medic next.

edit- Full disclosure, I only took those classes listed above to level 10.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    So I think explorer is growing on me
    bMrqBfN.jpg

I'm not saying it was Ithikans......but it was Ithikans
    Nc8x3Qn.jpg

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It's really weird, I started a spellslinger this morning and I'm pretty turned off.

I didn't take the time to read about how it works, just kind of jumped in, and I didn't yet figure out how the resource works and what determines when I can use my skills. Other classes were immediately obvious, but spellslinger seems odd. The meter looks full at all times and hardly empties, but sometimes it empties and refills and I don't know why. I try to use the #2 skill and most of the time it doesn't work. Seems like it does work after I've been shooting with 1 for a while, like there's a meter that fills and then I empty by using 2 like with engineer, but I'm not seeing that meter.

It just doesn't feel right to me, somehow.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited May 2014
    spellslinger's 2 skill is charged shot. It's a charge and release skill that charges up to 4 levels. Its cooldown is dictated by which level you fire it off from

Beezel on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Apparently Esper opens up at 11.

As for Warrior... Warrior is awesome! Tanking with an arm-cannon is cool.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Their mechanic is called Surge.

You activate it, and your skills do more damage/heal.

The trick is to not just SURGE and hit all the buttons. But to use it tactically, surging certain skills, and building surge back up. You tick it on for a single attack, tick it off and fire something else, tick it back on to heal, back off... etc.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    spellslinger's 2 skill is charged shot. It's a charge and release skill that charges up to 4 levels. Its cooldown is dictated by which level you fire it off from

Oh yeah, I should've known that, I saw it earlier.

I'm kind of going too quickly on autopilot to level faster, and I haven't used a charge up skill with any other class yet, so.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So, thanks to the wonderous and murderous @Basil I'll be joining you fine fellows in wildstar. can't decide between the awesomeness of a chua or the dragonlike coolness of.. the dragon.. people whose name escapes me right now. EIther way, dominion4life.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I was in the same boat about Esper until I watched Notorious Ben do some dueling and their kit can just change so dramatically due to the LAS that each Esper can be pretty unique.

Yeah you have to wait till 11 to get that more mobile builder but it's close range and rather meh at actually building PP. Seeing 3 warriors almost bite it due to one telegraph during Arthil and my last adventure you'll be glad to have some range due to your light armor. There are all sorts of options that even being rather immobile during PvE isn't a huge deal to me anymore and I've made Esper my main for launch.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Strike does so much damage, getting rooted for a second isn't that big a deal.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I've tried twice to queue for the Walatiki Temple with no luck. Is it always a long wait?

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Are you an Exile or Dominion? Seems the "evil empire" usually has 30 second wait times while Exiles have 5+ minutes.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Another marvel of SCIENCE! improving the lives of Dominion citizens everywhere, courtesy of the Chua. And their test subjects.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    Or if you're in the higher level bracket, 20+ minutes.

persona4celestia.jpg
This discussion has been closed.