As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Are you an Exile or Dominion? Seems the "evil empire" usually has 30 second wait times while Exiles have 5+ minutes.

Exile. Both times I was in the queue 15 minutes plus and just logged off. I really hope it isn't always going to be like this, it's my favorite part of these games.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    ok, those of you that know me from about 50 to 70 pages back and throughout that I used to bemoan the immobility of espers. but it is oddly... freeing... in my mind.

yes, TK strike is an immobile builder, but being immobile, I tend to dash more. There are AMPs that give espers increased damage and healing output for dashing and that plays into my style.
    with the esper special ability, you gotta know when to use it, because proc'ing it when you need to move is a fatal mistake. but when you know, you just shunt out so. much. damage. but you can still avoid small telegraphs, because while you cannot move or sprint, you can still dash with being immobile to the special, and a double dash covers quite a bit of ground... and then there are gadgets, passive runes, and buffs that increase dash regen on top of that.

even with being forced to move so much, I topped the damage chart easily on our dungeon run last night, and I only used TK, Spirit Bird (forget the actual name), and psyblade. I have Knockdown for interrupts, and Geist for that little bit of extra damage and 15% damage reduction. I have phantasmal armor for when i really need 2000hp now, and i got Mind over Body to supplement healing, because it really does help the main healer when everyone gets hit by a heavy telegraph. I flipped out Geist for an ability that is more suited to the fight in question, like Cleanse for those darkwraith bitches that put out scary dots.

I'll gladly sacrifice the added mobility if it means I get to keep my raw potential of lethal hate bullets.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I got my medic to 25 earlier, and a message popped up that I was at cap and wouldn't go any further, but I'd heard that level cap was raised to 30. What?

I'm not a "real" beta person, I just preordered, maybe that's it?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    should be 30 across the board for non closed beta testers. If you aren't earning any xp after the fact then it's a bug and you should put in a support ticket. Kill some stuff or do a quest and see if you're getting anything out of it

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    ok, those of you that know me from about 50 to 70 pages back and throughout that I used to bemoan the immobility of espers. but it is oddly... freeing... in my mind.

yes, TK strike is an immobile builder, but being immobile, I tend to dash more. There are AMPs that give espers increased damage and healing output for dashing and that plays into my style.
    with the esper special ability, you gotta know when to use it, because proc'ing it when you need to move is a fatal mistake. but when you know, you just shunt out so. much. damage. but you can still avoid small telegraphs, because while you cannot move or sprint, you can still dash with being immobile to the special, and a double dash covers quite a bit of ground... and then there are gadgets, passive runes, and buffs that increase dash regen on top of that.

even with being forced to move so much, I topped the damage chart easily on our dungeon run last night, and I only used TK, Spirit Bird (forget the actual name), and psyblade. I have Knockdown for interrupts, and Geist for that little bit of extra damage and 15% damage reduction. I have phantasmal armor for when i really need 2000hp now, and i got Mind over Body to supplement healing, because it really does help the main healer when everyone gets hit by a heavy telegraph. I flipped out Geist for an ability that is more suited to the fight in question, like Cleanse for those darkwraith bitches that put out scary dots.

I'll gladly sacrifice the added mobility if it means I get to keep my raw potential of lethal hate bullets.

Try running bolster somewhere in there. It can be cast off the GCD for instant 2 psi point generation, and recharges fairly quickly as well as providing ticking healing (though really I care about the on-demand psi points).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tried Medic just now, don't think it's for me. Still can't decide between Stalker and Spellslinger, with Warrior coming up 3rd. Haven't tried Esper.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that if I invested heavily into the upper skill tiers for Psychic Frenzy and Blade Dance to get the lifesteal and defense boosts and chose gear that focused on Deflect Chance and durability, I might just reach the point where I was just not quite justifying my spot in a team compared to an Esper who actually focused on sitting behind the front lines and doing assloads of damage and/or healing.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Frenzy Esper can build Psi points faster than a Strike Esper.

It's about what you're looking to do. Consistent DPS numbers, or spiky ones.

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I've only got to level 12 on my Esper, but I'm in love. The damage is great and I solo'd The level 13 shiphand mission when I was only 10. What was one of my least favorite classes has become one of my favorites.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    For the new people that will be joining us,

feel free to sign up on the spreadsheet.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    You guys theory crafting espers should look at rune sets at 50.

It gets even more intense then

Thanks to @Beezel I have a solid tanking set on my warrior that hit 20. I forget what's going on tonight, but if anyone still wants to do dungeons I'm going to try and do some.

Kai_San on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I saw a few of those esper rune sets in the crafting panel and was kind of disappointed. I don't want my R ability to root things near me and deal damage, I'd like other bonuses.

But I'm guessing those aren't the only rune sets.

Characters
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I was in the same boat about Esper until I watched Notorious Ben do some dueling and their kit can just change so dramatically due to the LAS that each Esper can be pretty unique.

Yeah you have to wait till 11 to get that more mobile builder but it's close range and rather meh at actually building PP. Seeing 3 warriors almost bite it due to one telegraph during Arthil and my last adventure you'll be glad to have some range due to your light armor. There are all sorts of options that even being rather immobile during PvE isn't a huge deal to me anymore and I've made Esper my main for launch.

Scuzz :O? But yeah, telegraphs are no joke even in an Adventure. I hope I get to see the other paths though, I've fought the same two bosses three times now!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna go for tanking on my Warrior, too. Pretty fun so far in these Adventures.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Aegis wrote: »
    I saw a few of those esper rune sets in the crafting panel and was kind of disappointed. I don't want my R ability to root things near me and deal damage, I'd like other bonuses.

But I'm guessing those aren't the only rune sets.
    You missed the one that gives a guaranteed crit if you build 5pp in 4seconds I think

• GorkGork Registered User regular
    Open Beta for this has caused me to relapse, big time. But, my computer's performance stinks for this. Anyone have any easy upgrades to suggest from my specs?

3.3 ghz i5 2500k
    4 gb ram DDR 3
    GTX 460

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    At the risk of resurrecting an old meme, you need more RAM.

YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2014
    The only thing I know for sure is that's a good gpu cause I have a 450 and it rocks pretty hard on the tier lists

Kai_San on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Yeah, double your ram. Should solve problems. It'll put you out... What? $50-$100?

I'd love to do the level 25 adventure if anyone is game.

YL9WnCY.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    At the risk of resurrecting an old meme, you need more RAM.

If, after that, you want to spend more, I'd upgrade the GPU.

Thanks, folks.

Pretty sure the processor would be a better upgrade. Unless you can't without busting out a be mobo too.

That gpu is much better than you think

edited May 2014
    The processor is above the recommended specs for the game (four core at 2.6), and I think he can always overclock it if that's the cpu I'm thinking of.

But seriously, you want eight gigs of RAM. No more; no less. It's also the cheapest thing you can upgrade for the most mileage, so win win!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'd love to do the level 25 adventure if anyone is game.

I'd totally run it tonight sometime.

It's just that it... Well, you'll see.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    The gpu is above specs too. And its processors that limit mmos more than gpu. Especially since a dev posted that, while they are working on it, the game is not utilizing gpus much at all right now.

I'm going for a dungeon first even if I pug it, but after I can dps or heal on slinger

So like, holy shit. Spend all of your renown on the renown vendor's tradeskill bags. They contain (for mining) 19-23 ore of the type for that level (iron for novice, titanium for apprentice, etc.) and they most of the time contain 3-5 of the green ore (quartz for novice, sapphires for apprentice, etc.). That's a pretty great way to farm the mats if you don't have a gathering profession, considering how much renown you get for running adventures.

Characters
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Gork wrote: »
    Open Beta for this has caused me to relapse, big time. But, my computer's performance stinks for this. Anyone have any easy upgrades to suggest from my specs?

3.3 ghz i5 2500k
    4 gb ram DDR 3
    GTX 460

1. Were you in previous betas? If so, delete old settings/configs. http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/
    2. What kind of slowness? Is it when lots of particles are on screen (GPU), or when lots of people are on screen (CPU), or when loading new content into view (HDD)?

I was not, so I don't think that trick would do much.

Hard to nail down the kind of slowdown. It tanks outside of Thayd in Galeras. It tanked when I did the taxi ride over Thayd, especially the trade quarter, but is fine on the ground. So maybe HDD?

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Houn wrote: »
    Gork wrote: »

3.3 ghz i5 2500k
    4 gb ram DDR 3
    GTX 460

1. Were you in previous betas? If so, delete old settings/configs. http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/
    2. What kind of slowness? Is it when lots of particles are on screen (GPU), or when lots of people are on screen (CPU), or when loading new content into view (HDD)?

Heh. I deleted the old settings/configs folder as advised. Now the game will never open.

Edit: nevermind, closing and reopening six times fixed it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or does the Stalker's Suit Power resource not have a bar anywhere?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the Stalker's Suit Power resource not have a bar anywhere?

It does for me, it's right above the hotbar, usually reads 100 until I start using abilities.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    So I played earlier in the beta... have they "optimized" the game yet so it doesn't run like ass on a high-end PC?

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    So I played earlier in the beta... have they "optimized" the game yet so it doesn't run like ass on a high-end PC?

Yup, although reports vary on that, some people have been experiencing odd lag despite the optimization. For me at least it runs pretty damned smooth on max. I've got 3GB GPU, i5 and 8GB DDR3 RAM.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »

Ummm... sort of? The only I can say is it seems some people really have low FPS and some don't. There are a couple of tricks that people have been using that also fixes it for some, especially early beta testers.

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    For someone with altitis, i kinda hate this game for making it so difficult to pick a class to play.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Hmm, well its downloading. I wanna see how it runs. I'm running a GTX 780 and an x6 phenom... so if it doesn't play well with lots of cores, then it might not be that great.

Also, fios or something throttles the living shit outta the download.
    If anyone has fios they should add these two lines to their hosts file:
    174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net
    174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com

It went from less then 20kbs to 3MBs.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gotta love ISPs and such playing games, right?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Badwrong, I think EVERY single person I ever saw trying to play this on a GTX 780 gets abysmal framerates.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Not to be a drag, but I have a GTX 770 and it runs just fine.

Fairchild on
This discussion has been closed.