As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb], Greasy Ham

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Is The Wolf Among Us worth throwing down $25 or should I wait for a sale?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

I'd wait for a sale, but then again that is just because I am waiting for the whole season to be out, I'd rather play them all at my own pace instead of waiting on releases.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    given that the third episode is coming out next (?) week, you'd have three out of five episodes to play. And this one came out way quicker, so it wouldn't be that long to wait for the others. Makes it more worth it, I think.

In terms of how it actually performs, it's a beautiful game with great writing. It improves on the "action" sequences from Walking Dead too.

Langly on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Yes

It's a fantastic game and it's actually coming out now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I kind of liked how Season 1 of the Walking Dead was episodic. But having to wait for alternating monthly releases kind of sucks when you don't play both games.

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    I kind of liked how Season 1 of the Walking Dead was episodic. But having to wait for alternating monthly releases kind of sucks when you don't play both games.

Eh

It's a little long but episode 2 is pretty fresh in my head and I'm ready for 3

The length between 1 and 2 sucked though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i really gotta play wolf ep 2

and also walking dead 2 eps 1 and 2

...and 400 days

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qp9iPKeNs

Nintendo has put out a new Mario Kart 8 trailer showing off a bunch of new features and remastered tracks like Rainbow Road and good god it looks gorgeous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1lUrAgImE

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Good gravy that Mario Kart game looks gorgeous

Now I'm seriously thinking about a WiiU

• Options
    I just saw two articles in a row

one says The Amazon Fire TV Won't Kill Console Gaming

the other says Amazon Just Pushed Console Gaming One Step Closer To Death

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Games Journalism

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l4nPxKSVP2g

"Goat Simulator is bad because it is deliberately buggy"

Biscuit.........

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Games Journalism

Like who in the world would get an Amazon Fire TV and go "man I don't need any of those pesky consoles now, I can play Android games on my TV!"

Here's my test on the "will it kill console games" scale

Can it play Call of Duty?

No?

consoles will be fine

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Games Journalism

Like who in the world would get an Amazon Fire TV and go "man I don't need any of those pesky consoles now, I can play Android games on my TV!"

Here's my test on the "will it kill console games" scale

Can it play Call of Duty?

No?

consoles will be fine

Games journalists have painted a picture of games on the brink of collapsing at any slight breeze

My guess is a lot of that is just to drive traffic

• Options
    He is complaining that there isnt enough content, and holding it against them that it isnt a huge open world

He....He realizes that this was someones pet project that they got talked into releasing right?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    He is complaining that there isnt enough content, and holding it against them that it isnt a huge open world

He....He realizes that this was someones pet project that they got talked into releasing right?

Sometimes it feels like

TB often decides he does/doesn't like something first

And then he comes up with a justification for that feeling afterward

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haD2IZ8390

Space Noir is a spiritual successor to StarFox and Rogue Squadron built in Unity

And I want it inside me.

• Options
    The thing is it sounds like he played this for hours before this video

He compared it to Skyrim, Just Cause, and Grand Theft Auto

He complained that there wasn't water physics

How can you be a game journalist and so completely miss the point of a game

The developers even have the steam description saying that it was a buggy piece of crap that no one should buy!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haD2IZ8390

Space Noir is a spiritual successor to StarFox and Rogue Squadron built in Unity

And I want it inside me.

Reminds me of Strike Vector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6daTbItCOk

A game I really need to go on sale so I can play it before the community dries up

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    There's a SKY TRAIN in that video of Rainbow Road.

signature.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The thing is it sounds like he played this for hours before this video

He compared it to Skyrim, Just Cause, and Grand Theft Auto

He complained that there wasn't water physics

How can you be a game journalist and so completely miss the point of a game

The developers even have the steam description saying that it was a buggy piece of crap that no one should buy!

so why is it bad that he agrees with them

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

They're also charging $10 for it! I personally think Goat Simulator is pretty funny, but from all accounts, there's not more than an hour or two's worth of content in there, and if you don't find most of it amusing (as TB apparently did not), $10 might be a pretty steep price.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Did he refer to it as PewDieBait again?

• Options
    .............Huh

You have got a good point

I guess my problem is why he agrees with them

The developer admits they made this in a month, it's going to be terrible

Meanwhile totalbiscuit is saying they made this in a month, why doesn't it compare to the chaos of skyrim

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    Did he refer to it as PewDieBait again?

Oh fuck you tb get off your horse

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Not to step on any toes, but $10 is fast food for two people that's gone in 10 minutes. I don't think it's an unreasonable price for a funny physics toy that is a known quantity going in

• Options
    basically all the humor in goat simulator for me is in the fact that it exists at all

i don't feel like i get any more of the joke by buying it and playing it myself

it's a goat that bounces around and blows things up

that's funny

ok i'm done

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The Amnesia team's new game, SOMA, has put out a new trailer, revealing its setting, which is definitely not space, like I thought it was going to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQj5Ar_90U

Ceno on
  • Options
    The slow motion goat noise is worth 10 dollars

• Options
    Videogames are underpriced in the grand scheme of things.

signature.png

• Options
    basically all the humor in goat simulator for me is in the fact that it exists at all

that's funny

ok i'm done
    But you deal with goats on a daily basis

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

that's funny

ok i'm done
    But you deal with goats on a daily blaisis

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    If one of your reasons for not liking something is the fact that someone else may like it then whoops you fucked up bad.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The deep ocean is way, way more terrifying than deep space, to me, so that SOMA trailer makes me simultaneously more and less excited for that game.

I remember getting nervous during the underwater segments of Super Mario 64. I remember the "drowning" music from Genesis Sonic games getting my heart racin' too. GET THE BUBBLE SONIC FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCK

signature.png

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I'm both scared of getting stuck in holes and terrified of the depths of space, but i feel super comfortable in deep water. I often have dreams where I'm just sitting on the bottom of a lake and breathing comfortably. I would wish to have gills, but man every lake must be crazy polluted by now, or at the very least they'd get dirt all in 'em!

• Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I'm both scared of getting stuck in holes and terrified of the depths of space, but i feel super comfortable in deep water. I often have dreams where I'm just sitting on the bottom of a lake and breathing comfortably. I would wish to have gills, but man every lake must be crazy polluted by now, or at the very least they'd get dirt all in 'em!

Do you happen to be from Innsmouth originaly

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular

that's funny

ok i'm done

And for some people, there's enough humor in actually playing it to justify $10.

• Options
    edited April 2014

that's funny

ok i'm done

And for some people, there's enough humor in actually playing it to justify $10.

right of course there is

hence why people have paid ten bucks for it

i don't think it's unfair to say that it's a mess of a game, because it is, purposefully, and that its appeal is directly related to just how funny you think the premise is, and that your average person isn't gonna find it funny enough to justify the entry fee

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Goat Simulator has been the #1 game on Steam for at least the past 24 hours

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »

i am absolutely terrified of deep water. i hate the ocean. fuck you, ocean. water levels in games are the absolute worst.

nothing in the ocean is good. The environment isn't just hostile, it is literally alien to our survival needs. On land, we might live in a three dimensional space, but we're equipped to live in that space and most things are actually on a flat plane, since we stand on, you know, the ground, and there aren't silent giant birds hovering around our bodies. In the water, you are in a complete 3d environment where threats can come from any angle, and we aren't equipped to hear them, and can barely see them. Everything in the ocean wants to eat you. Sand gets everywhere. Sea Snakes are the most poisonous snakes on the planet. The ground floor is littered with spikes and creatures that wear spikes

fuck

the

ocean

This discussion has been closed.