Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lush [chat]

134689100

Posts

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Ubisoft sent me an e-mail asking if I was a coward because I haven't logged onto Assassin Creed 4's multiplayer in a month. Very rude!

    DasUberEdward
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Gonewild is probably Challenger but only because they sweet talked someone from 4chan into playing on their account.

  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I get one new suit maybe once a decade at this point. The damn things are just too expensive. Oh and I didn't mind wearing it. The Brooks Brothers one I got in 2001 that was tailored had the most comfortable pants I owned ever. But, between work and my lifestyle, there was just no time to really wear it outside of special occasions. And funny enough, for me its not the suits that I mind as a garment. I just tend to dislike "dress up" occasions and places. Snazzy restraunts with low lighting where people speak quitely drive me nuts and no one likes funerals. So the unfortunately, suits simply have an association with me with things that I don't enjoy.

    But I also have zero sense of fashion so that probably doesn't help either.

    Snazzy? yes please

    Snazzy restaurant? Even better

    Snazzy restaurant with low lighting? what other sort of lighting would you want? This is great!
    people speaking quietly in a snazzy restaurant with low lighting? this sounds perfect!

    ... drives me nuts?

    wat

    You are a broken man.

    No. I am not. This was actually kind a recent revalation between my wife and I.

    I have always hated her favorite restraunt in Atlanta. It's a place called Cafe Intermezzo. Its mostly a drink and dessert place with low lighting that you see a ton of well dressed people on dates and such. Well we recently tried this new Japanese restraunt in our neighborhood. We currently live in a really nice area and so this place ended up being very nice, dimly lit and everyone speaking quitely. I hated it. That's when I really thought about why I was so often miserable in places like that and what it had in common with other places I didn't care for.

    I think it comes down to comfort. I don't like snazzy, rich type places cause I'm not and I hate having to pretend like I am. I hate the idea of putting on airs. The whole thing just makes me miserable. I feel like I have to sit there and be quiet. Ugh.

    you do!

    i mean you have to keep your voice to a reasonable volume anyways.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    i need to figure out

    . . .transportation. . .and living.

    But didn't you get the 40 acres and a mule? I mean, mules are slow, but they'll get you there.

    DasUberEdward
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    also i play too much hearthstone because that made me think
    PantsB wrote: »
    joindie.jpg

    Cult_Master%28140%29.png
    or both.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Bethryn
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    The best topics are when someone is horrified about a normal opinion expressed by someone else.

    followed only by those in which someone is confused as to why people are horrified at their horrific opinion

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So, we have the Gadsden flag: The use of a snake symbol was meant to symbolize how the British colonies should work together as one united whole. In the Gadsden flag, the snake is one living animal, as opposed to Ben Franklin's original cartoon where the snake was split apart into pieces (each representing a colony), with that split symbolizing death. Just as the snake can only survive through unity, the colonies can only survive if they unite.

    Then we have two competing contemporary uses:

    The Tea Party: An organization that hates the federal government and thinks the states should function as separately as possible.

    Obamacare: Legislation where individuals work together to ensure quality healthcare can become affordable and available to all. The healthcare system can only survive if individuals unite.

    Which contemporary use sounds more appropriate?

    Edit: Dammit Pants!

    Solomaxwell6 on
    Feralshryke
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I'm curious, but why would that make you angry? Is it the image or the statement?

    I am possibly jaded by the extent to which UK political groups engage in pointed ridicule.

    So the flag itself has a history going back to the Revolutionary war. It's a powerful icon of the ideals of the Revolution and the rejection of tyranny.

    And yeah, the Tea Party has appropriated it and that upsets people who don't like the Tea Party appropriating iconography from the Revolution in support of goals they don't agree with or maybe even think run counter to the American ideal.

    But reworking it to champion a massive Federal government subsidy program that comes complete with its own state-enforced mandatory punishments for citizen noncompliance, the very antithesis of the individualism represented by the flag, and especially for Obama's personal "grassroots" organizing group to do so, upsets me very much.

    a5ehren
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    2:30 Tech returns with an even more ancient laptop. It has been described as a "loaner". They are performing rituals of purification on my old laptop and transferring the knowledge that can be salvaged on a new laptop (that is only 1 year old!)

    The loaner PC was loaded with two front end applications that I do not use, Microsoft office, and IE
    So...I still cannot do any work, but I can fart around on the internet and LOOK like Im doing work!

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
    Gonmun
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i like that i've been sigged twice in a row by feral

    i hope i can manage a third

    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    Feral
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    oh man do i not have anything nice to say about the tea party flag thing

    Feral
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    what else is on

    Feral
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    2:30 Tech returns with an even more ancient laptop. It has been described as a "loaner". They are performing rituals of purification on my old laptop and transferring the knowledge that can be salvaged on a new laptop (that is only 1 year old!)

    The loaner PC was loaded with two front end applications that I do not use, Microsoft office, and IE
    So...I still cannot do any work, but I can fart around on the internet and LOOK like Im doing work!
    so how's this different from any other day

  • cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    I like boobs [chat], Marriage [chat], Animated [chat], Olde [chat], and Vidya [chat]. Mostly cause at least its something I'm somewhat knowledgable in. Though I can read Mazzy + Econodog foreign affairs or global ecomomics [chat] cause its interesting.

    Worst [chat]s are bugs and math.

    Deebaser
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I'm curious, but why would that make you angry? Is it the image or the statement?

    I am possibly jaded by the extent to which UK political groups engage in pointed ridicule.

    So the flag itself has a history going back to the Revolutionary war. It's a powerful icon of the ideals of the Revolution and the rejection of tyranny.

    And yeah, the Tea Party has appropriated it and that upsets people who don't like the Tea Party appropriating iconography from the Revolution in support of goals they don't agree with or maybe even think run counter to the American ideal.

    But reworking it to champion a massive Federal government subsidy program that comes complete with its own state-enforced mandatory punishments for citizen noncompliance, the very antithesis of the individualism represented by the flag, and especially for Obama's personal "grassroots" organizing group to do so, upsets me very much.

    The flag itself goes back to the Revolutionary war.

    The snake, though, is a symbol that goes back further and means individual parts working together for a common cause (whether it's fighting a non-democratic government thousands of miles way as in the Gadsden flag, or providing affordable and quality healthcare to the masses as in Obamacare).

    The Gadsden flag might be appropriate for Tea Partiers to use if they weren't allowed to vote. As is, DC citizens are about the only people who get to use the Gadsden flag to protest the tyranny of the federal government.

    FeralshrykeMazzyx
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I get one new suit maybe once a decade at this point. The damn things are just too expensive. Oh and I didn't mind wearing it. The Brooks Brothers one I got in 2001 that was tailored had the most comfortable pants I owned ever. But, between work and my lifestyle, there was just no time to really wear it outside of special occasions. And funny enough, for me its not the suits that I mind as a garment. I just tend to dislike "dress up" occasions and places. Snazzy restraunts with low lighting where people speak quitely drive me nuts and no one likes funerals. So the unfortunately, suits simply have an association with me with things that I don't enjoy.

    But I also have zero sense of fashion so that probably doesn't help either.

    Snazzy? yes please

    Snazzy restaurant? Even better

    Snazzy restaurant with low lighting? what other sort of lighting would you want? This is great!
    people speaking quietly in a snazzy restaurant with low lighting? this sounds perfect!

    ... drives me nuts?

    wat

    You are a broken man.

    No. I am not. This was actually kind a recent revalation between my wife and I.

    I have always hated her favorite restraunt in Atlanta. It's a place called Cafe Intermezzo. Its mostly a drink and dessert place with low lighting that you see a ton of well dressed people on dates and such. Well we recently tried this new Japanese restraunt in our neighborhood. We currently live in a really nice area and so this place ended up being very nice, dimly lit and everyone speaking quitely. I hated it. That's when I really thought about why I was so often miserable in places like that and what it had in common with other places I didn't care for.

    I think it comes down to comfort. I don't like snazzy, rich type places cause I'm not and I hate having to pretend like I am. I hate the idea of putting on airs. The whole thing just makes me miserable. I feel like I have to sit there and be quiet. Ugh.

    you do!

    i mean you have to keep your voice to a reasonable volume anyways.

    That way, everyone gets to talk with their dinner companions without yelling.

    spool32
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    you guys (both our liberal and conservative angry political guys)

    should consume less of the media that makes you mad

    a dumb bumpersticker thing isn't going to matter in a couple of weeks and your life would be better if you didn't click it and get angry

    NPR was making me so mad in san diego

    those motherfuckers are holding up the appointment to WHAT

    they're refusing to compromise on WHAT bill

    OH GOD I AM SO MAD ALL THE TIME RAWR POLITICS

    research the stuff that's important to you, make the changes you can (vote, donate, volunteer, whatever)

    otherwise leave the rageohol alone

    to be fair

    this is much much easier when you live in a place that has basically the same political beliefs as you do

    i was constantly angsty and upset in lubbock

    and then somewhat less so in nova

    and in cambridge i never even have to think about politics

    everyone here pretty much is right-thinking already

    except for the occasional recent-grad SJ shouter i guess

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    My favorite chat discussion topics:

    1. Guy clothes
    2. Bass music
    3. Sad girls
    4. Getting swole
    5. The fine arts

    1. snobbish literature
    2. free will, determinism, and post-humanist philosophy
    3. sree fai fo
    4. menswear
    5. the culinary delights
    6. oneupsmanship with horrifying sexual dysphemisms
    7. vidya

    1. Food.
    2. Doge
    3. Vidja
    4. Cost of Living
    5. Booze

    1. Doges
    2. Boobs
    3. Butts
    4. Weiners
    5. Vidya

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    2:30 Tech returns with an even more ancient laptop. It has been described as a "loaner". They are performing rituals of purification on my old laptop and transferring the knowledge that can be salvaged on a new laptop (that is only 1 year old!)

    The loaner PC was loaded with two front end applications that I do not use, Microsoft office, and IE
    So...I still cannot do any work, but I can fart around on the internet and LOOK like Im doing work!

    that sucks

    IT fail

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I get one new suit maybe once a decade at this point. The damn things are just too expensive. Oh and I didn't mind wearing it. The Brooks Brothers one I got in 2001 that was tailored had the most comfortable pants I owned ever. But, between work and my lifestyle, there was just no time to really wear it outside of special occasions. And funny enough, for me its not the suits that I mind as a garment. I just tend to dislike "dress up" occasions and places. Snazzy restraunts with low lighting where people speak quitely drive me nuts and no one likes funerals. So the unfortunately, suits simply have an association with me with things that I don't enjoy.

    But I also have zero sense of fashion so that probably doesn't help either.

    Snazzy? yes please

    Snazzy restaurant? Even better

    Snazzy restaurant with low lighting? what other sort of lighting would you want? This is great!
    people speaking quietly in a snazzy restaurant with low lighting? this sounds perfect!

    ... drives me nuts?

    wat

    You are a broken man.

    No. I am not. This was actually kind a recent revalation between my wife and I.

    I have always hated her favorite restraunt in Atlanta. It's a place called Cafe Intermezzo. Its mostly a drink and dessert place with low lighting that you see a ton of well dressed people on dates and such. Well we recently tried this new Japanese restraunt in our neighborhood. We currently live in a really nice area and so this place ended up being very nice, dimly lit and everyone speaking quitely. I hated it. That's when I really thought about why I was so often miserable in places like that and what it had in common with other places I didn't care for.

    I think it comes down to comfort. I don't like snazzy, rich type places cause I'm not and I hate having to pretend like I am. I hate the idea of putting on airs. The whole thing just makes me miserable. I feel like I have to sit there and be quiet. Ugh.

    you do!

    i mean you have to keep your voice to a reasonable volume anyways.

    Ha! It frustrates my wife to no end. She can't stand it when my normally very conversation happy self just sits there quitely waiting to finish dinner and leave.

  • descdesc bare man are locked in Registered User regular
    There was a pensive looking young lady in a black hoodie and black skinny jeans sitting at the table next to mine in this food court and I didn't say hi

    What is wrong with me

    @dasuberedward beat me up pls

    DasUberEdwardsurrealitycheck
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    you guys (both our liberal and conservative angry political guys)

    should consume less of the media that makes you mad

    a dumb bumpersticker thing isn't going to matter in a couple of weeks and your life would be better if you didn't click it and get angry

    NPR was making me so mad in san diego

    those motherfuckers are holding up the appointment to WHAT

    they're refusing to compromise on WHAT bill

    OH GOD I AM SO MAD ALL THE TIME RAWR POLITICS

    research the stuff that's important to you, make the changes you can (vote, donate, volunteer, whatever)

    otherwise leave the rageohol alone

    to be fair

    this is much much easier when you live in a place that has basically the same political beliefs as you do

    i was constantly angsty and upset in lubbock

    and then somewhat less so in nova

    and in cambridge i never even have to think about politics

    everyone here pretty much is right-thinking already

    except for the occasional recent-grad SJ shouter i guess

    My favorite part of upstate New York is all the anti-abortion billboards and signs.

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    2:30 Tech returns with an even more ancient laptop. It has been described as a "loaner". They are performing rituals of purification on my old laptop and transferring the knowledge that can be salvaged on a new laptop (that is only 1 year old!)

    The loaner PC was loaded with two front end applications that I do not use, Microsoft office, and IE
    So...I still cannot do any work, but I can fart around on the internet and LOOK like Im doing work!
    so how's this different from any other day

    im starting at 3PM, basically

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I'm curious, but why would that make you angry? Is it the image or the statement?

    I am possibly jaded by the extent to which UK political groups engage in pointed ridicule.

    So the flag itself has a history going back to the Revolutionary war. It's a powerful icon of the ideals of the Revolution and the rejection of tyranny.

    And yeah, the Tea Party has appropriated it and that upsets people who don't like the Tea Party appropriating iconography from the Revolution in support of goals they don't agree with or maybe even think run counter to the American ideal.

    But reworking it to champion a massive Federal government subsidy program that comes complete with its own state-enforced mandatory punishments for citizen noncompliance, the very antithesis of the individualism represented by the flag, and especially for Obama's personal "grassroots" organizing group to do so, upsets me very much.

    /looks at actual historical explanations of the Gadsden flag given above.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Solo, whatever else Obamacare is, it is most emphatically not people working together for a common good.

    It is people being forced to participate, and though the goal is laudable, let's not pretend there's any voluntary component or community-oriented thought involved. You're doing Obamacare in this country whether you like it or not.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    and i think. . .on the 15th i'll be able to buy a car or help get my mom and I out of my grandmothers house.

    that's very nice. but also scary as fuuuuuuuu

    steam_sig.png
    desc
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2014
    japan wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I'm curious, but why would that make you angry? Is it the image or the statement?

    I am possibly jaded by the extent to which UK political groups engage in pointed ridicule.

    the gadsten flag appropriation by conservatives was basically cheap ridicule/ criticism of the obama administration by likening them to king george's tyrannical colonial gov't.

    it's all a giant whatever.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    a5ehren
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I don't see how OFA using the gadsden flag is any more offensive than the tea party using it.

    EDIT: Honestly I think it kind of drives home a point about what is freedom in the modern word. Liberty, or security?

    Yes, it does drive home that point, but not the way you think.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

    I'm not even sure what you mean by this?

    I see it this way:

    The traditional idea was that liberty from regulation/taxation was freedom. That's the thrust behind the original flag and the american revolution. (The romanticized versions, anyway.) "Don't take away my liberty!", essentially.

    I don't think this applies in the modern world. I don't think liberty is the most important part of freedom, but security. So the message is subverted. "Don't take away my security!"

    Granted, it's always going to be a balancing act between the two. You must have some of both, but I will contend that in the US there is far to much liberty. Enough for the rich to do as they please and for the poor to hang themselves.

    Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    i like that i've been sigged twice in a row by feral

    Pray he does not sig you further

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Evil MultifariousFeral
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD GUYS THE LEAD SINGER OF NEON TREES IS GAY
    HOLY
    FUCKING
    SHIT
    I NEVER SAW THAT COMING

    DemonStacey
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I get one new suit maybe once a decade at this point. The damn things are just too expensive. Oh and I didn't mind wearing it. The Brooks Brothers one I got in 2001 that was tailored had the most comfortable pants I owned ever. But, between work and my lifestyle, there was just no time to really wear it outside of special occasions. And funny enough, for me its not the suits that I mind as a garment. I just tend to dislike "dress up" occasions and places. Snazzy restraunts with low lighting where people speak quitely drive me nuts and no one likes funerals. So the unfortunately, suits simply have an association with me with things that I don't enjoy.

    But I also have zero sense of fashion so that probably doesn't help either.

    Snazzy? yes please

    Snazzy restaurant? Even better

    Snazzy restaurant with low lighting? what other sort of lighting would you want? This is great!
    people speaking quietly in a snazzy restaurant with low lighting? this sounds perfect!

    ... drives me nuts?

    wat

    You are a broken man.

    No. I am not. This was actually kind a recent revalation between my wife and I.

    I have always hated her favorite restraunt in Atlanta. It's a place called Cafe Intermezzo. Its mostly a drink and dessert place with low lighting that you see a ton of well dressed people on dates and such. Well we recently tried this new Japanese restraunt in our neighborhood. We currently live in a really nice area and so this place ended up being very nice, dimly lit and everyone speaking quitely. I hated it. That's when I really thought about why I was so often miserable in places like that and what it had in common with other places I didn't care for.

    I think it comes down to comfort. I don't like snazzy, rich type places cause I'm not and I hate having to pretend like I am. I hate the idea of putting on airs. The whole thing just makes me miserable. I feel like I have to sit there and be quiet. Ugh.

    you do!

    i mean you have to keep your voice to a reasonable volume anyways.

    Ha! It frustrates my wife to no end. She can't stand it when my normally very conversation happy self just sits there quitely waiting to finish dinner and leave.

    That's weird.

    You're being weird.

    If everyone else is talking in that place why do you feel you have to sit there quietly? Just match the din of the environment and enjoy yoself, son.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    spool32Irond Will
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I think the original use of the rattlesnake symbol is so far divorced from modern politics as to be almost entirely irrelevant.

    The rattlesnake was selected because "Its cool and its a snake and GET YOUR BOOT OFF ME OBAMA!"

    I'm fine with that. Not "ironically" fine, just fine. Pick your political images based on their modern appeal.

    I'm also fine with OFA releasing a mockery of it, for largely the same reasons.

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I've been putting the Dr. Phil show on in the background while I work

    It's good background watching

    It's a good balance between Jerry Springer and Intervention

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck (♡°◡°) Registered User regular
    peanut butter and pickle sandwich p tasty

  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    let's not pretend there's any voluntary component

    That describes a great deal of modern society.

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    spool32 wrote: »
    Solo, whatever else Obamacare is, it is most emphatically not people working together for a common good.

    It is people being forced to participate, and though the goal is laudable, let's not pretend there's any voluntary component or community-oriented thought involved. You're doing Obamacare in this country whether you like it or not.

    Snake symbolism: "Join or die"
    Obamacare: "Join or get a small fine"

    Solomaxwell6 on
    Quid
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »

    OFA made that?


    That actually pisses me off a lot. I am legitimately angry at that. Trolling successful! Also, OFA demonstrates the all worst instincts of the progressive caucus, in a single image.

    I don't see how OFA using the gadsden flag is any more offensive than the tea party using it.

    EDIT: Honestly I think it kind of drives home a point about what is freedom in the modern word. Liberty, or security?

    Yes, it does drive home that point, but not the way you think.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

    I'm not even sure what you mean by this?

    I see it this way:

    The traditional idea was that liberty from regulation/taxation was freedom. That's the thrust behind the original flag and the american revolution. (The romanticized versions, anyway.) "Don't take away my liberty!", essentially.

    I don't think this applies in the modern world. I don't think liberty is the most important part of freedom, but security. So the message is subverted. "Don't take away my security!"

    Granted, it's always going to be a balancing act between the two. You must have some of both, but I will contend that in the US there is far to much liberty. Enough for the rich to do as they please and for the poor to hang themselves.

    I think this is chilling, and mildly dangerous. If you were running for office on this platform I would expend every ounce of energy I could muster to prevent you from succeeding.

    a5ehren
  • cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    2:30 Tech returns with an even more ancient laptop. It has been described as a "loaner". They are performing rituals of purification on my old laptop and transferring the knowledge that can be salvaged on a new laptop (that is only 1 year old!)

    The loaner PC was loaded with two front end applications that I do not use, Microsoft office, and IE
    So...I still cannot do any work, but I can fart around on the internet and LOOK like Im doing work!

    that sucks

    IT fail

    Unfortunately loaners are usually the left over old machines that were returned in the first place. They're like getting the shittiest Geo Metro while you're waiting for your Jag to be fixed. It sucks.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Let's see what I like about [chat].

    1.Doge
    2.Comic
    3.Vidya
    4.FP/IR/IS talk
    5.History nerd stuff
    6.Food

    I mean there are other things, but these are things I enjoy the most because I can contribute a good amount.

    03x29di.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    also i play too much hearthstone because that made me think
    PantsB wrote: »
    joindie.jpg

    Cult_Master%28140%29.png
    or both.
    Reminds me of OotS's "Come back and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!"

134689100
This discussion has been closed.