As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Memorial [Chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dear diary,

I did not expect Facebook to advertise men's underwear to me by showing me a lady butt, but Facebook did that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I feel bad, all my teachers that are leaving this year are giving me snacks and cakes and stuff as goodbye gifts, Japanese omiyage culture being that way.

And I smile and thank them for it and put them in my bag.

And get home and dump it all in the trash.

Surely you keep them to give as gifts yourself? I thought that was the game.

They go bad.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    If someone were to transform Beethoven's Ode to Joy into a painting and not restrain his imagination when millions of people sink dramatically into the dust, then we could come close to the Dionysian. ... Now, with the gospel of world harmony, every man feels himself not only united with his neighbour, reconciled and fused together, but also as one with him, as if the veil of Maja had been ripped apart, with only scraps fluttering around in the face of the mysterious primordial unity. Singing and dancing, man expresses himself as a member of a higher community: he has forgotten how to walk and talk and is on the verge of flying up into the air as he dances. The enchantment speaks out in his gestures. Just as the animals now speak and the earth gives milk and honey, so something supernatural also echoes out of him: he feels himself a god; he himself now moves in as lofty and ecstatic a way as he saw the gods move in his dream. The man is no longer an artist; he has become a work of art: the artistic power of all of nature, to the highest rhapsodic satisfaction of the primordial unity, reveals itself here in the transports of intoxication. The finest clay, the most expensive marble — man — is here worked and chiselled, and the cry of the Eleusinian mysteries rings out to the chisel blows of the Dionysian world artist: “Do you fall down, you millions? World, do you have a sense of your creator?”

Getting super high and dancing is the overwhelming priority for the human race

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    you should try listening to the diplo and friends podcast they are usually 2 hours and some of the best djs around right now for that type of music

maybe not quite as electro as what you'd want though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I was going to make a batch of granola this afternoon but I just checked the cupboard and I do not have enough almonds

#jesuswept

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I was going to make a batch of granola this afternoon but I just checked the cupboard and I do not have enough almonds

#jesuswept

ooh what is your recipe!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

#jesuswept

Use dirt. Dirt is nature's almonds.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    YOU ARE ALL SHORTIES

*SOB*

@Cinders‌

BEING TALL IS COOL!

agree

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    you should try listening to the diplo and friends podcast they are usually 2 hours and some of the best djs around right now for that type of music

maybe not quite as electro as what you'd want though

yeah I want like a little bit of trap mixed in with house remixes of pop songs and d+b tracks

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I feel bad, all my teachers that are leaving this year are giving me snacks and cakes and stuff as goodbye gifts, Japanese omiyage culture being that way.

And I smile and thank them for it and put them in my bag.

And get home and dump it all in the trash.

Surely you keep them to give as gifts yourself? I thought that was the game.

They go bad.

THE BIN IT IS THEN

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    I feel very Texan today in my work clothes. Hm... :/

工事中
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I bet you don't even hit your head on ceiling lamps.

• Options
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I feel very Texan today in my work clothes. Hm... :/

Gigantic belt buckle, brightly coloured cowboy boots and a cowboy hat? The boots will need spurs to qualify.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    @‌msmya

are you the only one working long hours? Is it because of massive work overload or are you trying to prove you're a hard worker?

both

I just changed managers, am also new to the team in general and want to make a good impression.
    I also hate starting something and then not finishing it, but sometimes it just cant be helped. I'm not superman :(

• Options
    Really you should just put them straight into the bin. Say thank you and act gracious but at the same time you're shaking your head and placing them carefully into the rubbish.

• Options
    let's just say that today, everyone else left the same time as me.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    Thesis Status Report:

All the shit is fuck.

ew

i've gotten screwed on papers before due to deadline penalties

it's not worth it man :\

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that my years in the chemical laboratory have given me severe brain damage. I can no longer grasp simple mathematical concepts apparently.

• Options
    I'm starting to think that my years in the chemical laboratory have given me severe brain damage. I can no longer grasp simple mathematical concepts apparently.

2+2 = ???

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I FEEL LIKE SHAZ

BEDTIME NOW OK

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Someone I was friends with in college , whom I no longer want to associate with , texted me again to hang out. I feel like a shitthead ignoring her but I really don't want to see her and I have been avoiding her all this time every time she invites me out.

msmya on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

2+2 = ???

Clearly -5.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

#jesuswept

ooh what is your recipe!

It is from a book but the basic consistency is the same as most ones I've seen online, with that buzzfeed article actually being pretty good at providing rough measures

my mix includes macadamias and almonds as the nuts, and a combo of craisins, dried blueberries, and raisins as the fruit portion

honey as the sweetener, egg white for binding action

I will photo this batch, I think I posted a picture of my last one

• Options
    I don't remember maths. I just use mathcad or wolfram alpha to do even trivial stuff these days. The robots have won. I've no fucking idea what a matrix is.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    Someone I was friends with in college , whom I no longer want to associate with , texted me again to hang out. I feel like a shitthead ignoring her but I really don't want to see her and I have been avoiding her all this time every time she invites me out.

fuck dat shit

block!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

#jesuswept

ooh what is your recipe!

It is from a book but the basic consistency is the same as most ones I've seen online, with that buzzfeed article actually being pretty good at providing rough measures

my mix includes macadamias and almonds as the nuts, and a combo of craisins, dried blueberries, and raisins as the fruit portion

:\

simon pls

need exact instructions

• Options

#jesuswept

ooh what is your recipe!

Egg white is news to me.

Generally I just freestyle granola. Whatever nuts, seeds and dry fruit I have. Plus honey and a little oil .BOOM/.

• Options
    "Oh? I'm going home this weekend... Sorry... Sorry already made plans...."

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I need to get one of those camera's property agents use.

Those thing take magical pictures of a world better than our own.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Worse.

I always THINK I am going to hit my head on random branches outside when I am walking around, so I duck a lot. It looks very random, though, because I am not actually anywhere near the branches I am ducking from...

• Options

no, just ignore her. are you going to see her necessarily at anything else, like is she mutual friends with other friends or anything?

if not, ignore

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

no, just ignore her. are you going to see her necessarily at anything else, like is she mutual friends with other friends or anything?

if not, ignore

Yup, never do half measures with these kinds of things.

If you want to have no contact with someone, have no contact with someone. Don't string them along for no reason.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Worse.

I always THINK I am going to hit my head on random branches outside when I am walking around, so I duck a lot. It looks very random, though, because I am not actually anywhere near the branches I am ducking from...

Pfft, I actually have hit enough branches that I almost always duck regardless of how close the branches actually are to my head. And when I don't the branches are always low enough to smack me in the head.

• Options

#jesuswept

ooh what is your recipe!

:\

simon pls

need exact instructions

once it starts baking I will type it out for you

are you happy, SIG

god

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Cinders, you're not looking at the bright side of being tall.

• Options
    wittgenstein-hitler-same-class--large-msg-121754080869.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello friends

• Options
    guys height is a false social construct

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Homemade gnocchi is the best, but it's the thing I enjoy making the least. I don't like touching wet dough at the best of times and that stuff is a nightmare. Dried potato in my arm hair. Dried potato all over the kitchen. Usually an angry girlfriend due to the mess.

EM's recipe was p easy and involved no potatoes

But gnocchi are made from potatoes! Do you use like instant mash or something? Tell me these shortcuts so that I can make gnocchi without it ending my relationship.

ummmm go look at EM's posts but it was like ricotta cheese and flour and two eggs basically with salt and pepper and cheese mixed in

it still gets pretty sticky! but if you add the flour generously and mix it well it won't get in your arm hair.
    1 15-ounce container whole milk ricotta
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 1/4 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    ¼ tsp salt
    ¼ tsp pepper

mix everything together in a bowl except the flour, then add the flour, and then knead it and add flour until it stays together and stops being really sticky. roll it into cylinders and cut it into little bulgy square shapes. cook it in boiling water like pasta, 3-4 mins at high heat in several batches, and remove them with a slotted spoon (check them by cutting in half to make sure they're consistently cooked)

yo em question about this

how do I ensure that the gnocchi are as best on the soft/fluffy end of the spectrum as possible

my dad's throat cancer recovery means that eating some things can be a hassle and the knowledge of how to make sure gnocchi didn't end up chewy would be a great boon for you to bestow upon my house

probably don't put too much flour, don't over cook em

@simonwolf that's pretty much it: i put a lot of flour in mine, but if you can tolerate a bit of stickiness when you're rolling them they'll probably be softer and puffier

it's a pretty heavy recipe though, so it's unlikely that they'll be fluffy as such

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man sucks that 3(4) games came out in Vita all at once and here I am without money or a memory card big enough to hold them.

This discussion has been closed.