As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3:RoS] The Merch Hungers | see new thread

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I don't have high expectations of Diablo's story

but
    god damn is the Adria stuff handled badly.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Your avatar is perfect here

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Thanks to Hex for the adventure time party today. I went from 60 to 70. Then I ran through a rift because they're wall to wall elite packs and got a few starter 70s. I know where to look for my gear and the keys aren't hard to get. Adventure mode is great.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Still grinding my Crusader up. He's 55 now and the wub remains strong.

I should totally play my wizzie a bit and get him some awesome gem or something though.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

but

I was pretty happy to do a sidequest for the companion. In my case, I was running with the Enchantress.

It's like Blizzard forgot how to make things make any sense whatsoever.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Spent the evening doing bounties and one rift, went from 38 to 50 in a few hours of play. I have a hellfire ring and a 19% exp helm, nothing fancy, so it seems that Adventure Mode is absolutely the best way to level up characters. I didn't get much in the way of loot, but yeah I'm level 50 so not a big deal. I have plenty of crafting materials and spare legendaries to start me off for 60. I should be 70 before the end of the weekend.

I would really like to play with some Merch folks though. I guess most of you are at 70 at this point, but if anyone in the 50s-60s wants to do some rifts, just hop into one of my games. My battletag is Threeve#1501.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I found a 3000 dps 2hander on my Crusader (More like 2980 dps but whatever!). Immediately lowered its dps by 180 by turning 7% IAS into 1000 strength. I think my character is actually at the point where 1000 strength, 10% damage, 1000 vit and the base damage roll on a weapon is better than a socket, just because of my crit damage from the rest of my gear. @Cilla Black thinks I'm nuts.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I asked this in the last thread and nobody really responded but, do people use the PAF chat? And if so, do you need to do more to get it to display than click on the 'chat' button on the community tab? I joined the chat but it doesn't seem like anything happens

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I made a crusader.
    Seems pretty fun so far!

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I found a 3000 dps 2hander on my Crusader (More like 2980 dps but whatever!). Immediately lowered its dps by 180 by turning 7% IAS into 1000 strength. I think my character is actually at the point where 1000 strength, 10% damage, 1000 vit and the base damage roll on a weapon is better than a socket, just because of my crit damage from the rest of my gear. @Cilla Black thinks I'm nuts.

If I remember AS can inflate your paper doll dps beyond what it actually is.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

but
    It's like someone at Blizzard said "hey, players are really looking forward to being able to stick it to Adria for her betrayal," so someone decided to shove killing her in there, because they thought the act was what was important, not getting any kind of actual emotional payoff.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Played my Crusader a bunch today. Adventure mode is fantastic. I was so engrossed in the game I may even have forgotten to eat at some point.

My Crusader looking all shiny

gqa8CT1.jpg

And then while I'm running around I find this neato 2H samurai sword so......

ijbYrNq.jpg

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    That is a cool looking character.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Okay, Samurai with shield is badass.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    There is no cow level
    But there is a cow rift

IWtIEBl.jpg
    Pf7GPwJ.jpg

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I've been really pleasantly surprised by the Crusader's dialogue. I expected super extreme zealot mode but it's actually pretty good. There's one conversation with Kormac where the Crusader says something along the lines of "faith unquestioned is just an idea," which is like...really neat.

If you haven't used Templar with your Crusader, you should; they have some great conversations.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Just had a pretty nice Demon Machine drop. Pretty happy with where my gear is now

diablo3_zps8dc81387.png

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    It's nice when you're sitting by the enchanter and are like "Oh hey, I still have two/three rare items on my character, let's reroll to max out the stats on them since it's pretty cheap." 2 minutes later and I end up with +50k dps and 700k toughness increase (thanks Vit roll).

Then I look at the three legendaries that still need rerolling and sigh at the amount of Soul farming I need to do.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    When do +% weapon damage enchants get calculated into weapon dps?

Trying to figure out what I should reroll on this and if I should reroll for socket or dex.

Warmonger.png

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You reroll the life per hit (as it's a two-hander) and you aim for a socket for crit damage for the same reason.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Played around with crusader builds again, since my monk seems to have hit a gear wall (or my luck sucks). Still couldn't find any use for the other secondary skills, but switched Blessed Hammer from Limitless to Thunderstruck, enchanted bracers to lightning damage and switched a few other skills. Now it's not.. horrible anymore. Still really slow, but way better than any of the other builds I've tried. And really damn fun to play, at least solo. Would slow any party down but damn I did have moments I felt like a thunder god <3

us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UedOfQ!aeiV!aZYYcb

Provoke is neat for resource generation and Charged Up feels a significant damage increase.
    Bombardment is a filler, could be anything really.
    Laws of Valor is meh otherwise, but the nephalem orb spawning rune is really neat. Especially for the movement speed.
    Akarat's Champion is.. kind of placeholder too. I dislike the long cooldown, but it's nice to have against nasty elite packs.

Blunt and Heavenly Strength are obvious. Wrathful is good healing, I don't get much healing from my gear otherwise. Divine Fortress is.. meh for me, my shield's block % is crap. But the other choices are near worthless so yeah :p

I have generic crit/crit dmg gear with Blessed Hammer damage on helm/boots and lightning damage on amulet/bracers atm. Going to try stacking cooldown reduction on as many pieces as possible, would be really nice to get 30% ish cdr or more.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Does cooldown reduction have diminishing returns or a cap?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    When do +% weapon damage enchants get calculated into weapon dps?

Trying to figure out what I should reroll on this and if I should reroll for socket or dex.

Warmonger.png

That dps already includes the +10% damage.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Not sure about cap, but cdr is multiplicative. So, kind of diminishing returns. Hard to get more than 30-40% effective cdr, but it should still be plenty good.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

but
    You can't make a compelling character moment out of someone that has no character.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Can crafted gear roll reduced level req?

@GnomeTank, it looks like your question got buried under pics of many loots.

To answer your question: yes, reduced level req can end up on crafted gear.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    what exactly is split bounty farming?

• Options
    what exactly is split bounty farming?

Doing bounties in a group but everybody doing a different bounty. Everybody will get the completion xp/gold, and the bounty bag from doing all the bounties, regardless of where they happen to be.

I got my first lvl 70 set piece, crusader shoulder. Also found an unexpected Thundergod's Vigor in my stash (lvl 70 one!), which I'd forgotten about. And rolled a shield with 28% block, 9.5% crit, 500ish str and 10% blessed hammer damage. And got up to 18.15% cooldown reduction with socketed helm.

So yeah, at least this build actually works. Elite packs die at best in 5s with Akarat+Bombardment, maybe 15s otherwise. And best thing is, I almost never have to use primary attack. 6 wrath regen + Provoke is almost enough for infinite hammers.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Rift full of those chancellor ghost things? Nope! Enjoy the fragments, Orek.

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Got my crusader to 61 and played adventure mode for the first time. Had a lot of fun. Did a around 15 bounties and a rift to see what it was like. LOADS of XP but loot was a little meh. Prob because i was sub 61 at the time. Looking forward to doing some more.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    For anybody curious about blood shards, some people in my clan have gotten legendaries and set pieces from the mystery loot, just in case you were wondering if this slot machine even had a jackpot setting.

All I've gotten is junk so far though...

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Monsty wrote: »
    Rift full of those chancellor ghost things? Nope! Enjoy the fragments, Orek.

It's like they said "what did people not enjoy about d2?" and then they reintroduced those shock turrets and gloams.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Those fucking ghosts, I swear.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Okay, I stopped being stingy and bought the expansion. Now to play catch-up so I can do the cool things with the cool kids.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    For anybody curious about blood shards, some people in my clan have gotten legendaries and set pieces from the mystery loot, just in case you were wondering if this slot machine even had a jackpot setting.

It sounds like the chance to get a legendary from gambling is pretty low. Folks on reddit are talking about spending thousands of blood shards and getting nothing useful.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I like the suggestion of adding crafting mats to the gambler. I sure could use more demon's breath and such.

• Options
    FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    I've been able to play D3 on my MacBook 2010 yesterday with decent FPS (around 40 while fighting a pack of monsters) with everything on low. I was really surprised my laptop was able to run the game, I wasn't expecting it. Only problem is that the laptop froze twice (after around 15-20 minutes of playing the game) but it does not seem like an overheating issue. I turned the fans higher to prevent any possible overheating issues and I checked the temp like 2 minutes before the second freeze and it was around 63C...

I've been looking at some forums for a possible fix, I have a few things to try tonight when I come home from work. If you had this issue and can help me, I would be really thankful. I'm waiting until I fix this problem and I can play for a few hours without freezing to buy RoS.

Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    gambling needs something

i spent 500 shards on sources and got nothing...

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    At first I thought the Crusader was underwhelming compared to other classes at 70. Then I did some serious gearing up.

And they're still objectively terrible but I've still yet to really notice while playing.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

It sounds like the chance to get a legendary from gambling is pretty low. Folks on reddit are talking about spending thousands of blood shards and getting nothing useful.
    Meanwhile, that bitch gives me blues more times than 1/10 and keeps spamming "I've seen better!". :[

Panda4You on
This discussion has been closed.