As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Fractions

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Drinks are on will.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    KITTEN!!! <3

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Greeper wrote: »
    we don't even have our own letter for the 'th' sound what kind of scrub tier alphabet is this

bring back norse runes

we need two "th" glyphs. hard and soft.

we can give up c, x and q. w and y too at a stretch

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I just woke up, bleary-eyed and hungover - hmm, 17 notifications - mother of god, Irond Will is posting bout me in some kind of "chat infractions" mod thread???

oh pfft

kind of a let-down; i had already been reaching for my tanto

your à tantôt

what did you say, becker

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    ....I have been put in a MOOD. My jimmies are rustled. RUSTLED.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my twin bro once asserted that he had "assaulted her stench trench with his womb broom"

which i feel is a pretty adequate place to start from a euphemistic point of view

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    we don't even have our own letter for the 'th' sound what kind of scrub tier alphabet is this

bring back norse runes

Wait why are we giving up W? We need that one.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hahahaha

ham wallet

omg

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    my twin bro once asserted that he had "assaulted her stench trench with his womb broom"

which i feel is a pretty adequate place to start from a euphemistic point of view

He's an OB-GYN

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    $5500 raise. i guess that's about 5%. not too bad i'll take it.

That would be over a 20% raise for me.
    :sob:

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

bring back norse runes

no i like x

how else will we mark the spots

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    HUMBLEBRAG WILL

ACTUALLY JUST A STRAIGHT BRAG

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Hey, lets start a cost of living discussion, I love those!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

bring back norse runes

no i like x

how else will we mark the spots

xoxoxoxo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I should get out of my bed at somepoint.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I find will discussing a raise hilarious because to me he represents the sort of dying breed that would look over the top of his glasses at anyone discussing..finances..out loud.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    what the fuck is "Ruth's Chris"

That's not a name for a thing, that's how you identify which of your three cousins named Chris you're talking about

the story is that there was a "Chris Steak House"

owned by a guy who's name was chris. maybe his last name i don't know. and i guess it was kind of famous in whatever louisiana backwater. maybe new orleans.

and then someone named ruth bought it. but also wanted to keep continuity with the reputation of the chris steak house

so it became ruth's chris steakhouse

which doesn't excuse the stupid name, mind.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Ruth's Chris steaks are OKAY. But their Lyonnaise Potatos are BANGIN'

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Im not telling you nerds how much i make.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    I should get out of my bed at somepoint.

I've already been at work for an hour and a half. :( I can't wait to go back to bed!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I find will discussing a raise hilarious because to me he represents the sort of dying breed that would look over the top of his glasses at anyone discussing..finances..out loud.

ludious gets me.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

Who cares how much you make? I've seen pictures of your shithole apartment. It's not what you make, it's how you live

and you live like a wildebeest

• Options
    Alternatively, everyone should come join me in my bed so I don't have to leave.

• Options
    It's cold outside.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My uncle asked me to always go down and watch techs while they were in his room (the basement). He does have a lot of expensive electronics so I do it because he asks me. But I feel real fucking weird following this tech around.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    ....I have been put in a MOOD. My jimmies are rustled. RUSTLED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYGcKHeRh4

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    i wonder if michael jordon still owns that steakhouse.
    I could go for some Filet MignDUNK

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

The best day was when my wife finally started making more money than me.

One step closer to my dream of being a house husband.

Some people think being a house husband and living off your wife is emasculating...I see it as fighting for the equality of the sexes.

Also, fuck working.

zagdrob on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

bring back norse runes

Þ, þ for th as in thick
    Ð, ð for th as in the

c x and q is useless

y only if you rejigger your j to drop the d in the dj sound it automatically has

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    if i made about 10k more than i do i think i would be fine

like, i'm not not fine as it stands

but that would be comfortable

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    My uncle asked me to always go down and watch techs while they were in his room (the basement). He does have a lot of expensive electronics so I do it because he asks me. But I feel real fucking weird following this tech around.

just follow him around and breathe really hard with an unflinching stare

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I'll take it if you decide you don't want it.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

About 18.5% for me. You and me Dew, you and me.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2014
    I make as much money as I want to, pretty much.

I have more clients with more work than I could ever do in a week/month, so I pretty much determine how much I have in a month by how hard I choose to work.

What I find interesting is that when the balance of power sits on me like that, I tend to skew towards making sure I have more free time than I truly need as opposed to more money than I need.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    I asked for ketchup for my steak one time at a high end restaurant, but it was only because the wait staff and manager were being complete cocks.

Fuck you assholes, if you're going to insult me by treating me like I'm not good enough to spend my hard earned money at your restaurant, I'm going to insult you too.

I don't understand horrible people that willingly go into hospitality. Some patrons must get off on being treated like shit

i knew a real asshole bartender with a chip on her shoulder

she was pretty convinced that she was just upholding the dignity of her profession and restaurant when she went off on customers for some perceived slight

it was pretty asinine. i saw her drive off so much business

I've told this story before but a while back I took my brother in law to Dutch Kills and he ordered a Tanqueray and Sprite. I was all "bro pls. don't order that pleb drank here", but the bartender politely shut me the fuck up and said something to the effect of "Sir, I can make you a tanqueray and sprite, but if you like, I can make you something unique that you might enjoy more. If you don't like it, I'll make you a sprite and tanqueray on me. All the drinks cost the same so you have nothing to lose"
    #gallant

On the flipside, PDT used to pride themselves on hiring the nastiest, snootiest cunts imaginable at the door. I had a reservation and they still made me wait half an hour to enter their almost completely empty bar. I hear they've abandoned that concept, but fuck 'em. Plenty of other places actually court my custom.
    #goofus

yeah the better cocktail bars have the same attitutde you described at dutch kills. the girl i knew worked at what was honestly sort of a neighborhood townie bar with aspirations, so i guess she felt like she needed to stick it to customers whenever she could.

also she was really into class consciousness. she hated hipsters because they were all just rich kids who never knew what it meant to have it rough (also she considered all college kids hipsters). she hated rich people because she just knew they were looking down on her. she hated townies because they were ignorant and racist and disrespectful and couldn't overcome their upbringings.

she just had a lot of issues i guess. she liked frankie and me though, i think, mostly because we were pretty.

the only good thing she did was one time scott brown came into the bar and she gave him horrible service and a lot of attitude. on the other hand he was really preoccupied with his cellphone and probably didn't notice. also his wife was rude.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Results are already in: fried egg grilled cheese sandwich is both delicious and extremely quick.

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »

The best day was when my wife finally started making more money than me.

One step closer to my dream of being a house husband.

Some people think being a house husband and living off your wife is emasculating...I see it as fighting for the equality of the sexes.

Also, fuck working.

i couldnt ever do that

i am the type of person where my identity and self-worth is tied to my job

i really like to work

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Organichu wrote: »

Is he white? I want to know how much shit he's gonna talk about you with his friends, later.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

bring back norse runes

Robin ÞIcke

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Variable wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    H4NYdyn.jpg
    This is the best

I am laughing but what is the joke here

You don't watch no scrubs?

I watched scrubs, but was this just someone seeing a black guy with his arms around a white woman and editing them in? I'm looking for a pun or something.

why THIS picture?

if there's no reason that's fine I'm just inclined to look for a joke beyond the edit itself

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West did this cover for Vogue.

140321140445-kim-kardashian-kanye-west-vogue-april-2014-story-top.jpg

People have been spoofing them since

sethandjames.jpg

edit: also i just realized that I am waaaay too addicted to Gawker

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
This discussion has been closed.