As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Stats wise, I think most people advocate putting most of your points into health, and fill out stam/magi through enchantments. I am not super deep into theorycrafting on this game though.
    Skill wise, typically you will end up using more class skills than weapon, depending on the weapon. Like with a nightblade, using dual wield. You use the aoe from daggers, then class skills mostly. With the bow you will actually use several of the skills.

I wanted to say that for what it's worth, every suggestion I've seen on Reddit or Deltia's has been to go 100% into either stamina or magicka, because that fuels your abilities and damage scales off those stats. Up to VR1 so far, I haven't found my health to be particularly lacking by doing that.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Yeah, health is easy to get from gear. Stam/magi from points.

Hybrids are possible, I use one or two magicka skills and the important ones are stamina. Works pretty well, I never run out of resources. I play Redguard Nightblade, stamina build.

• Options
    NeakyNeaky Registered User regular
    Is the guild still active? Looking for a new mmorpg to get into. Already own the game and made a character I just need people to play/talk with while in game.

Violynt.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Grebnu wrote: »
    Yeah, health is easy to get from gear. Stam/magi from points.

Hybrids are possible, I use one or two magicka skills and the important ones are stamina. Works pretty well, I never run out of resources. I play Redguard Nightblade, stamina build.

This is what I have going so far right now. I'm still super new and it was rough going at first but I feel like it's pretty viable right now.

Most of the time I don't even need to hit my Magicka "oh shit" button.

Edit: except I went Templar but I've morphed one of my spear skills to stamina and use cleave with damage shield morph. So good.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Just picked this up on PC. Does the game take a LONG time to load after logging in for anyone else? I mean like, 5-10 minutes?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Nope, only took about a minute if that for me.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I think it's related to some CPU issues I'm having. The intro prison area takes a very long time to load, so does getting to the character creation screen.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Just picked this up on PC. Does the game take a LONG time to load after logging in for anyone else? I mean like, 5-10 minutes?

Sometimes, yes. I have sat through some crazy long log in times before. I always attribute it to my really awful internet...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

Sometimes, yes. I have sat through some crazy long log in times before. I always attribute it to my really awful internet...

Ditto.

It'll be a long log-in time, but once I select a character it's speedy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    There were some complains that there is a bug with log-in, I too got really long log-in times at one point. Sometimes it is slower but luckily most of the time it's pretty fast, minutes tops.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    How much of the game do you get access to if you buy it? Like, I know theres DLC story packs and stuff.

How much are those story packs?

any reason to get the imperial edition over the vanilla?

Game popped up for 24 on steam sale so my curiousity is piqued.

• Options
    I wouldn't bother with Imperial Edition unless you really want to play an Imperial. Some people talk up the horse, but horses aren't that expensive and now that they're account-wide you only need to buy one once and all of your alts have it too.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with Imperial Edition unless you really want to play an Imperial. Some people talk up the horse, but horses aren't that expensive and now that they're account-wide you only need to buy one once and all of your alts have it too.

Imperial Edition also gives you access to the Imperial style, if you want to look Roman inspired.

The DLC was only just recently added, so you'll have plenty to do with just the base game. Also, next year the Dark Brotherhood is arriving

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Imperial Edition also gives you access to the Imperial style, if you want to look Roman inspired.

The DLC was only just recently added, so you'll have plenty to do with just the base game. Also, next year the Dark Brotherhood is arriving

how much is the current dlc? do they do silly currencies or is it straight money? any sales?

is there a lot of PA activity?

Sorry, Don't mean to sound like an interrogator, just curious..its a game that's been on my radar for a while.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I think you can buy DLCs only with the Crowns you buy with real money.

DLCs are not overly expensive, Imperial City is more for PvP and Orsinium is Pve DLC.

And otherwise game is completely open, no additional price gated content. Item store is convenience only, and cool pets and dresses for men.

EDIT. Orsinium is 3000 Crowns. 3000crowns is €20.99EUR (pack form website).

Grebnu on
  • Options
    They had a Black Friday sale where the crown packs were on sale, and you could buy a crown pack for 24 bucks that was enough for both DLCs. Dunno if they're gonna do it again, but you have plenty of time in the main game to wait for crowns to go on sale again.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    How much of the game do you get access to if you buy it? Like, I know theres DLC story packs and stuff.

How much are those story packs?

any reason to get the imperial edition over the vanilla?

Game popped up for 24 on steam sale so my curiousity is piqued.

There is more content in the base game than I ever expect to finish.

• Options
    @Buttcleft Once you finish the main game, you can also work your way through the other factions' content with the same character

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @Buttcleft Once you finish the main game, you can also work your way through the other factions' content with the same character

@DaMoonRulz at level or is it just like going back and doing level 1 stuff at level 100?

• Options

@DaMoonRulz at level or is it just like going back and doing level 1 stuff at level 100?

It scales to you, I think. I haven't actually gotten that far, but there's normal levels and then "Veteran" levels. @Pixelated Pixie

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

It scales to you, I think. I haven't actually gotten that far, but there's normal levels and then "Veteran" levels. @Pixelated Pixie

thanks for letting me interrogate you, really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Some people talk up the horse, but horses aren't that expensive and now that they're account-wide you only need to buy one once and all of your alts have it too.

Horses are actually pretty expensive, at, like, 10k gold apiece, aren't they?

That's nontrivial, and saving up that much just to blow on a horse seriously sets you back in other ways (e.g., you could be spending that money on daily inventory upgrades).

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

So the idea is still to have veteran levels go away right, and just have levels 1-50 and then champion points? Have the devs said anything about whether they'll keep the Cadwell stuff in? I like the option, but not the requirement to do all three factions on one character. I suppose you might still do it your first time, just as a source of exp to get champion levels, but alts would be simpler?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

It scales, but it ramps up significantly. You'll find the second and third campaign play throughs can wreck you if you're not careful.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Some people talk up the horse, but horses aren't that expensive and now that they're account-wide you only need to buy one once and all of your alts have it too.
    Horses are actually pretty expensive, at, like, 10k gold apiece, aren't they?
    17.5k, I believe? But, considering that you can steal and sell between 3000g and 5000g worth of stuff every day using Legerdemain skills, that's hardly a problem. Spend a couple of days learning the best places to train pickpocketing up (I recommend a hub city with lots of easy targets near the waterside, that way you can just jump into the water and swim away if caught), put points into that tree to make it easier and to be able to sell more stuff, learning the guard patrol routes and all that, and then just rake in money every day before stopping playing.
    Don't steal if you intend on playing more that day, you want to let any bounty you've accumulated deteriorate overnight so you don't have to pay it. Don't kill people or you might get a bounty so high it doesn't deteriorate even overnight. Only sell pickpocketed items, don't sell the gear, it's not worth spending a sell "token" on those- just deconstruct gear into materials instead, it'll train your crafting and give you occasional mats (not nearly as many as you'd get off real items, mind). You should also lockpick any coffers, they tend to have better rewards than pickpocketed items, however people are quick to nab those, so you might not see them very often, even when you know where the spawn points are.

Glal on
  • Options
    I seem to have gotten into a weird place where I am leveled beneath the rewards I am getting by two levels. I have a really nice two hander I want to use but I need to wait.

I guess I should just go on a grinding spree and stop quests for a bit.

• Options
    You may have pushed too far into the zone and should go back to mop up some side quests you've missed? You shouldn't really have to grind ever.

• Options
    I think I left the starting town too early.

I've been grabbing side quests and things as I go that I see but now I am probably too high a level to go back and do the starting town stuff I missed.

• Options
    Go do them anyway, you'll get gold for it. Also, join the guilds from town if you haven't, they all have their own questlines with their own rewards.

• Options
    I asked this in the holiday hideout, but it probably got lost in the switch back.

Is there a mod that makes material nodes (you know, ore, plant, etc) stand out more? Yeah I know theres a skill to make them light up but even then I have to really be focusing on that and not all the mobs to notice.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I asked this in the holiday hideout, but it probably got lost in the switch back.

Is there a mod that makes material nodes (you know, ore, plant, etc) stand out more? Yeah I know theres a skill to make them light up but even then I have to really be focusing on that and not all the mobs to notice.

I would imagine that type of mod wouldn't be allowed since it'd make the skill totally useless (instead of mostly useless). There are things like HarvestMap ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html ) which once you find a harvest point it'll mark down its location and show up on your minimap for later use, but it won't help you find undiscovered nodes. Though technically you can import data so if you find someone who has uploaded theirs you can get all the nodes they've discovered. But no, nothing to make the node itself more visible.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I just thought I'd revisit this and mention the one thing about the Imperial Edition that I absolutely cannot live without: not being locked into a faction based on the race I want to play.

fake edit - although, now that I think about it...that *might* have been a preorder incentive.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Yeah, that was a preorder thing. It's just a cash shop item now, if you want that specifically.

• Options
    If you specifically want to play Imperial, you're not locked into a faction

Otherwise it's crowns to play any faction any race

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm level eight and the most advanced quest line I've done in Breton land is the wyrd tree quest line. My buddy is about the same level, but hasn't done the wyrd tree stuff. Can we just walk past the tree to the next quest hub and start there together, or will he not have access to the quest line because he hasn't done the tree?

Alternate version of same question: want to do stuff with buddy who isn't precisely in the same spot on quests. What is the best activity for us?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Anchors and World Bosses are fun, as well as dungeons

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Anchors and world bosses we'd have to hunt for, and probably couldn't duo though, right?

What's the story on dungeons. Are they duoable, or is there a group finder that could set us up?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Yes, there's a dungeon finder.

• Options
    Maybe I meant delves? Whatever the torch symbol on the map is for.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You can solo those, provided some care, having a level or two over the mobs and/or a tanky/bursty build. They get a bit more difficult later on, but still doable.

This discussion has been closed.