As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elder Scrolls Online] Tamriel Unlimited now on XB1 and PS4

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

ESO doesn't get enough credit for its amazing graphics

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Bought the new Treasure Hunter armor costume last night. That is one gorgeous set of armor, complete with a really neat backpack and tools. Pretty sure this will be my default for several of my characters.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm considering getting the Imperial Battlemage stuff at some point.

Another question: Is it possible to unlock playing any race on any faction at some point without paying for crowns to buy it off the ESO store?

488W936.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Another question: Is it possible to unlock playing any race on any faction at some point without paying for crowns to buy it off the ESO store?

No. It was a preorder bonus; the only other way to get it is to buy it.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

No. It was a preorder bonus; the only other way to get it is to buy it.

Seems like the only place on the store to buy it at present is as part of an Adventurer's pack bundle, which is mostly treasure maps and a pet I don't care about.

Hmm.

488W936.png
  • Options

Better act fast. The Battlemage pack is being removed from the cash shop in 10 days.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Better act fast. The Battlemage pack is being removed from the cash shop in 10 days.

Wait, like, permanently?

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yes.

Edit: they periodically retire items. There's a bunch on the chopping block for May 30th:
    REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the Crown Store on all platforms on May 30th.

Costumes

“Brilliance" Brocade Robes
    Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear
    Evening Dress
    High-Collared Coin Ball Gown
    Imperial Battlemage Pack
    Imperial Officer Pack
    Mages Guild Pack
    Soul-Shriven Costume Pack

Mounts

Golden Eye Guar
    Palomino Horse
    Senche-Lioness

Pets

Daedric Scamp
    Helstrom Ancestor Lizard
    Shornhelm Shepherd

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Seems like the kind of thing they would say but then "hey, heres a limited time sale where it's back".

Might want to go ahead and snag some of that though if you've been eyeing because who knows when that will be.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    So far I think I've only seen one retired thing come back for a limited-time sale and that was one of the senche cat mounts.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Can costumes be dyed different colours?

488W936.png
  • Options
    No.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Going to be interesting to see what if anything Bethesda takes from ESO in future games when it takes place in a region that was explored here first.

Not that I would have a huge problem with them steamrolling over anything but it would be kind of neat to be wandering around in a future game and notice some small similarities/continuity here and there.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    JQvcxIg.png

Current state of my templar in new armor self made. Loving my new dye options. Decided I liked them more then the costumes on the store so I think I'll give those a pass for the time being.

Game has been a solid experience and I'm glad I decided to tool around with it some more, even just casually.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote:

Current state of my templar in new armor self made. Loving my new dye options. Decided I liked them more then the costumes on the store so I think I'll give those a pass for the time being.

Very nice look. I like your colour choices. The armour's a bit of an interesting mish-mash of styles too I notice. Off the top of my head I'd say, Nord, Altmer, and some Dunmer I think?

• Options
    Corehealer wrote:

Very nice look. I like your colour choices. The armour's a bit of an interesting mish-mash of styles too I notice. Off the top of my head I'd say, Nord, Altmer, and some Dunmer I think?

Dunmer plate, Nord belt (last set I used was full Nord plate) and a Breton hood. I have all basic racial motifs unlocked and soon plan to have Dwemer and Ancient Elf motifs to hold me over until I can get some sweet Outlaw stuff.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Corehealer wrote:
    Dunmer plate, Nord belt (last set I used was full Nord plate) and a Breton hood. I have all basic racial motifs unlocked and soon plan to have Dwemer and Ancient Elf motifs to hold me over until I can get some sweet Outlaw stuff.

Actually, if you're looking for dwemer motif stuff I believe I got found the mace motif last night. You're welcome to have it if you want. I've already mastered dwemer so it's just sitting around taking up space in my bank. If you want it, just let me know who to mail it to and I'll send it your way.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    I actually already have a few of the base motifs for them including the mace.

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sometimes I really wish there was a PVE version of Cyrodiil I could explore with the PVP turned off.

Nothing like making a long trek to a cave with a shard and having some jerk pump you full of arrows and force you to rez all the way back.

Its not as much of a problem as it used to be now that the game isn't as active as it was when I first played it but still annoying.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    if you want to be Hawkeye btw, best helmet is Khajiit light

>>

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I really wish there was a PVE version of Cyrodiil I could explore with the PVP turned off.

Nothing like making a long trek to a cave with a shard and having some jerk pump you full of arrows and force you to rez all the way back.

Its not as much of a problem as it used to be now that the game isn't as active as it was when I first played it but still annoying.

If you want to PvE, you should track which campaigns your alliance owns as buff servers. It makes it 10x easier to be able to respawn at a good keep instead of do full runs. You also get the ownership, emperorship, etc buffs.

• Options
    The harpies and the sounds they make in this game are hilarious.

I don't really collect pets but I would probably buy a harpy one off the crown store at this point.

"Haaaaahhhh!"

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCTwFk8VwI

Juicy!

Man, I do enjoy the Blade of Woe.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    [remains silent]

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    By Sithis, DIE!

488W936.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I wasn't expecting assassinations to be anywhere near that good (I was expecting like a generic weapon stab and the character falls down, not a detailed stylish animation to play out) but they're actually more varied and satisfying than sneak killing in Skyrim.

I also love the idea of the blade of woe being a magical tool that Dark Brotherhood members summon/manifest out of nowhere. Makes it the perfect murder weapon.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    So, uh ... Crafting bag?

How did I not see anything on this coming up? My main character - Blacksmith / Enchanter - had to basically store all of his crafting mats in his personal inventory because he was the only one high-enough level to have a bunch, allowing the materials for my lower-level alts (Clothier / Woodworker, Alchemist / Provisioner) to stick around in the bank; always lead to awkwardness with shuffling things around so I could drop the items for research / disassembly in so the right character could grab them.

He's gone from having 100 / 170 inventory more-or-less permanently taken-up to 30 / 170. :D

And, of course, the bank itself is a lot less full with all of the style materials, woodworking bits, and especially the food all slid over into the Crafting bag.

Love it! What's the catch? :D

EDIT: Ah - the catch is that you can only add to the infinite crafting bag while you're an ESO+ subscriber. That's cool!

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Crafting bags?

That sounds glorious.

• Options
    Okay, so here's how it works, @Pixelated Pixie , @Arteen .

If you're an ESO+ subscriber, you get access to another tab on your inventory screen called "Crafting;" it's a top-level inventory icon, just like basic inventory and quickslots.

Upon login, all of your crafting materials in your personal inventory and in your bank are transferred over, freeing up that inventory space permanently.

Anything you harvest appears to go directly into the bag, as well, but I haven't verified that yet.

When you are no longer an ESO+ subscriber, you can no longer add items to the bag, but you retain access to anything still in there.

You can filter the new bag by tradeskill, raw vs. finished materials, and improvement items (tempers, resins, etc.).

Style materials and bonus gems are also picked up.

All in all, it appears to be really nice! I can't believe I actually saw some people complaining about it.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the writeup!

Subscriber-only? That's unfortunate. I don't play the game frequently/consistently enough for a subscription to be worthwhile. I was hoping it would just be a crown store purchase.

I do plan to subscribe for a month or two one day just to check out the DLC, so that will be something to look forward to. But it won't be anytime soon as I'm still finishing up my main character's first campaign!

• Options
    Well
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Okay, so here's how it works, @Pixelated Pixie , @Arteen .

If you're an ESO+ subscriber, you get access to another tab on your inventory screen called "Crafting;" it's a top-level inventory icon, just like basic inventory and quickslots.

Upon login, all of your crafting materials in your personal inventory and in your bank are transferred over, freeing up that inventory space permanently.

Anything you harvest appears to go directly into the bag, as well, but I haven't verified that yet.

When you are no longer an ESO+ subscriber, you can no longer add items to the bag, but you retain access to anything still in there.

You can filter the new bag by tradeskill, raw vs. finished materials, and improvement items (tempers, resins, etc.).

Style materials and bonus gems are also picked up.

All in all, it appears to be really nice! I can't believe I actually saw some people complaining about it.

My goodness.

My one and only complaint about this game has now been rendered moot.

These are tears of joy.

/sniffle

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Only drawback is that stolen mats don't go into the bag until you launder them.

I just need a steal bag now and life would be perfect.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    The crafting bag thing is nice, but not enough to get me to sub still (console).

I still just use bank alts (call me old fashioned), and distribute my crafting between my top two mains.

Now that they are re-scaling gear sets though, I might have to start collecting one-off random fun sets. Player housing with mannequins to store gear would be great.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    LTM wrote: »
    Player housing with mannequins to store gear would be great.

Man, I pretty much played Equip the Mannequin in Skyrim/the Fallouts with those mods.

"Ooh, gear I don't have on display yet!"

Fallout also had the awesome Underground Hideout mod, with... The Wall.

The Wall was a wall you could hang weapons on. The Wall demanded that you find more weapons to hang on it.

• Options
    Yeah, my houses in Skyrim were filled with gear, weapons, and basements full of skulls.

• Options
    Some other changes this patch that I didn't see specifically called out elsewhere to crafting:

Nirnhoned is now +damage on weapons.

The enchantment-related traits - -cool down, +charges - were rolled into a single trait that does both.

There's two new traits taking the place of the missing enchantment traits. Armor one gives +gold. Weapon one gives +Ultimate when you otherwise gain Ultimate.

Sturdy on shields increases block effectiveness.

The -Crit one now affects player crits only and reduced durability damage (on shields at least).

• Options
    So many changes. The patch notes are practically a novel. :razz:

Also so many tears on the ESO forums over changes to sorcerers. All the tears ever.

Naturally, I had to roll up a new sorcerer and see what the fuss is about.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Ooh! Full change list for the crafted traits for weapons / armor:
    Item Trait Improvements

Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
    • Weapons
      • Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
      • Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
      • Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
      • Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
      • Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
    • Armor
      • Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
      • Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
      • Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
      • Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
      • Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
      • Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
      • Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.

• Options

Also so many tears on the ESO forums over changes to sorcerers. All the tears ever.

What are they mad about?

I play Sorc and not really feeling much of a difference or noticing anything huge in the notes so far.

• Options
    edited June 2016

What are they mad about?

I play Sorc and not really feeling much of a difference or noticing anything huge in the notes so far.

The greatest amount of salt (and source of so many "sorcs are ruined forever and ZoS ate my baby!" posts) seems to do with the change in duration on shielding skills from 20 seconds to 6 seconds.

Just one example thread that can be summarized as "we can't do anything that other classes can't do better." I'm especially entertained by all the sorc players there who are filling their signatures with epitaphs to their sorcerers murdered by this patch.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.