As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You have been granted three [Wishes!]

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Limitless power.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    You know what an awesome job would be?

Wish lawyer.

You help people draft up wishes worded carefully so that they can't be twisted into stuff that's actually bad.

As payment, you get them to wish for stuff for you as well.

That's actually pretty clever.

That is a very clever idea he stole from Fairly Oddparents.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Wish lawyer.

You help people draft up wishes worded carefully so that they can't be twisted into stuff that's actually bad.

Dont lie.

Nothing in fairly oddparents is clever

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Fairly Oddparents was a pretty good TV show

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'll make a wish that can't backfire. I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce and mustard, and, and I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any other weird surprises. You got it?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Be careful - a sandwich based portfolio is highly volatile, especially when hungry.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Wish lawyer.

Silly Radius, Fairly Oddparents doesn't air in the Arctic Circle.

• Options
    Three wishes
    Not jerk genie worded but assume I will

The ability to draw and write things exactly how I visualize them in my head

A machine that will scan alternate dimensions for stuff I input and teleport it to this one.

The ability to assign any super powerset I can think of to myself or others for 24 hours( regardless of distance) at a time.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Wish lawyer.

Actually I have no idea what that is.

broken image link
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Wish lawyer.

Actually I have no idea what that is.

It was a cartoon about a kid and his fairy godparents. I didn't watch a lot of it but it is fondly remembered by people.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Wish 1: Those Cypher-powers mentioned on the last page, which is something I've wanted ever since my desire to learn languages overtook my ability.

Wish 2: The ability to identify any plant or animal with its name and an interesting fact about it.

Wish 3: The ability to alter the level of enjoyment I was experiencing from whatever activity I was currently doing.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wish 1: Those Cypher-powers mentioned on the last page, which is something I've wanted ever since my desire to learn languages overtook my ability.

Wish 2: The ability to identify any plant or animal with its name and an interesting fact about it.

Wish 3: The ability to alter the level of enjoyment I was experiencing from whatever activity I was currently doing.

That last one is intriguing. Would it be something done during the activity, post activity or both?

• Options
    During the activity. I'd be like, "OK, after six solid days of playing video games and eating curry I need to get some exercise. Time to set my brain to 'Hates video games, loves jogging' mode."

It's mainly a way to motivate me to exercise using whatever facilities are available, but it also ensures that I can use my first wish to make money translating really dull instructions manuals for really important procedures / really obscure languages without burning out.

I could also try any activity knowing that I'd enjoy it at the time, and then resent my brain to default afterwards and see if I'd want to try it again in "normal" mode. Then again, why would I ever want to go back to "normal" mode? Maybe it'd have to be a limited time only thing so that I'm not compelled to just keep doing the first thing I try without ever having any variance. Let's say that I can enjoy anything I start for a maximum of eight hours, then revert to my standard state of mind until the next day.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    A piece of string.

A rock to wind the string around.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I would wish for a wallet that instantly had $1000 cash inside every time I opened it and would refill itself when I used any money.

And for the powers of the Human Torch. Growing up in ND there were numerous times I wished I was able to turn into living flame to warm up.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I'd wish for a do-over knowing everything I know right now.

And teleportation super powers, not just the ability to *BAMF* but a full suite of neat tricks.

And then a body less prone to chronic pain, that would be cool.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Actually I might want Cannonball's powers.

Superman would be too overwhelming and the things I really want out of the deal is the invulnerability and the flight.

Yeah, as far as superpowers go, I think while Superman's the most useful, the most fun would probably be Spider-Man.

Though I think I'd want the organic webbing from the Sam Raimi films, for convenience's sake.

Give me Spider-Man 2099s powers then. Organic webshooters, enhanced senses, and the claws would be useful even if the thought of using them on a living being makes me ill.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Though really, web-swinging only works if you're in a big enough city, and I'm not sure I want to move.

I'll take a Nova helmet or a Green Lantern ring instead.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'd have to go with money as well. It just seems like most of my issues (job satisfaction, weight loss, apartment size) could be solved with money and the time that you can get by not having to work. Oh, and a bigger wang.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    marauder set for my demon hunter

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    the sweet release of death

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I'd have to go with money as well. It just seems like most of my issues (job satisfaction, weight loss, apartment size) could be solved with money and the time that you can get by not having to work. Oh, and a bigger wang.

Money can't buy love ...

but you can damn sure rent the hell out of it.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    1) Ability to shapeshift into animals (limited time/animal palette Animorph rules are okay)
    2) Limitless cash
    3) World peace via non human exinction means (fuck sneaky genies)

I get a peaceful planet and all the means possible to enjoy it! I was torn between eternal youth and money but I think eventually passing on is an important part of living, and once you go you can leave your awesome stuff to someone else.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'd want to be the Avatar of Cyttorak. Or to have Spirit of Vengeance powers.

Actually, fuck yeah!

My vehicle as a Spirit if Vengeance would be one of the Jet A trucks, and when I get one of the over wing nozzles it's a bitchin' flamethrower!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Actually, fuck yeah!

My vehicle as a Spirit if Vengeance would be one of the Jet A trucks, and when I get one of the over wing nozzles it's a bitchin' flamethrower!

Those powers stack you know

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I would wish for infinite genies.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    "Cypher?!

The gayest X-Man?!"

Just give me a working Green Lantern ring (but not a lame assed one that can be beat by splashing lemonade on it). Kyle Raynor style ring.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    the sweet release of death

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Cypher?!

The gayest X-Man?!

Just give me a working Green Lantern ring (but not a lame assed one that can be beat by splashing lemonade on it). Kyle Raynor style ring.

can we please not use "gay" as an insult?

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    During the activity. I'd be like, "OK, after six solid days of playing video games and eating curry I need to get some exercise. Time to set my brain to 'Hates video games, loves jogging' mode."

It's mainly a way to motivate me to exercise using whatever facilities are available, but it also ensures that I can use my first wish to make money translating really dull instructions manuals for really important procedures / really obscure languages without burning out.

I could also try any activity knowing that I'd enjoy it at the time, and then resent my brain to default afterwards and see if I'd want to try it again in "normal" mode. Then again, why would I ever want to go back to "normal" mode? Maybe it'd have to be a limited time only thing so that I'm not compelled to just keep doing the first thing I try without ever having any variance. Let's say that I can enjoy anything I start for a maximum of eight hours, then revert to my standard state of mind until the next day.

Would that work for pain too?
    Like if you're going through something, or an event happened which was painful, you could set your brain to enjoy pain, or to have an impartial reaction to pain?

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Chico's can of Jalapeño Pringles

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Chico's can

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The ability to completely absorb and internalize the knowledge in a book by touching it

Then ill just go to the library!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Cypher?!

The gayest X-Man?!

don't watch Archer?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

Would that work for pain too?
    Like if you're going through something, or an event happened which was painful, you could set your brain to enjoy pain, or to have an impartial reaction to pain?

Hmm, interesting. I can see how that would be an advantage, but this would probably lead to my life being a moralistic tale of how to handle grief at a loved one dying. I'm going to say that it doesn't work for sensations, only activities; that way, I'm not going to actively put myself in danger while I'm white water rafting, but minor injuries or the fear of them wouldn't put me off.

I'm putting a lot more thought into an off-the-cuff hypothetical wish to a non-existent genie than I thought I would :)

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I wish for three MEGA wishes.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Cypher?!

The gayest X-Man?!

don't watch Archer?

There is so any quotes you could pull from Archer

You can't expect people to recognize every line of the show dude

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    a girl, with a short skirt and a long jacket

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Cypher?!

The gayest X-Man?!

don't watch Archer?

There is so any quotes you could pull from Archer

You can't expect people to recognize every line of the show dude

fair enough =)

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Actually, fuck yeah!

Those powers stack you know

Eh, that'd be boring though. Way too OP.

3basnids3lf9.jpg