As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jordan Zimmerman is bouncing back nicely. I was worried after his last outing.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    YES!

Crazy homer happy game in Cincy. After Neil Walker's most recent home the players were doing a YES! chant in the dugout.

Schide on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeesh... Gattis, Uggla, Simmons. Back to back to back homeruns.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    aww yeah, 4 for 10 with a few walks to start the week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Li4V1JH70

• Options
    Luis Avilan who is my relief pitcher just gave up a 3 run homerun to Dominic Brown my batter... I have mixed emotions.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Now Uggla hits a grand slam. This game is crazy.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh, I'm in last place right now.

That sucks.

• Options
    Luis Avilan pitches like shit... Gets me a win.

• Options
    Replacing W with QS is going to a vote next year.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm OK with that.

• Options
    kind of looks like Pujols has decided to be Pujols again

• Options
    Yeah, that was a mammoth home run.

• Options
    When I picked up Charlie Blackmon I wasnt sure about it but he just keeps hitting.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Glad my starters decided to not show up again for the first game of the week. I admire their consistency.

• Options
    There are a lot of homeruns being hit tonight.

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    There are a lot of homeruns being hit tonight.

Oddly enough none by me. But I did pull 8 RBI and some tidy OBP and SLG to start the week. My guys got doubles happy apparently.

Even Longo and Zobrist. Chen stymied the Rays tonight, the one run was a Longoria single to drive in Zobrist.

Good night.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Next year

Less DL and NA guys.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    My offense blew up last night too, guess I should start playing Walker instead of Phillips for a while.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    ofgyfy_zps9c11058d.png

• Options
    In more depressing news for a certain Rays fan,
    Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Matt Moore will have season-ending Tommy John surgery on his left elbow, according to multiple reports.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Just another robotic arm on the way.

The amount of people who have gone down with that so far this year is just insane.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    In more depressing news for a certain Rays fan,
    Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Matt Moore will have season-ending Tommy John surgery on his left elbow, according to multiple reports.

My life is over

• Options
    edited April 2014

The amount of people who have gone down with that so far this year is just insane.

It's almost as if the human body wasn't designed to throw a ball that fast thousands and thousands of times per year.

Maximum on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Mark Buerhle's fastball still hasn't hit the catcher's glove yet, but he never misses a start. And he somehow threw a no-hitter once.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    well, his no-hitter was against the Rays

which is the equivalent of a 4 hit 1-run performance against any other team

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

It's almost as if the human body wasn't designed to throw a ball that fast thousands and thousands of times per year.

Sounds more like Dr. James Andrews finally found Selig's stash of player voodoo dolls

• Options
    It does seem like at the minors level pitchers are getting overworked. Fall leagues, winter leagues, world baseball classic, etc, etc.

Plus it seems like prospects don't really ascend to the majors unless they DOMINATE the minors as opposed to being really good. Archie Bradley has to post a 1.5 ERA in triple A to even be considered for promotion, etc, etc

So they pitch extremely hard in the mid-minors to try and make it to the show as soon as they can to capitalize on that sweet late 20's free agent deal

• Options
    Plus they know if they know if they blow out their arm they can have surgery and maybe throw even harder afterwards

• Options
    i'm guessing that TJ rehab time eats into MLB service time if they got hurt in the majors right?

that's.. pretty weird

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The only reason Archie Bradley ain't called up yet is arbitration clock/money

• Options
    yeah but is he were pitching 3.2ERA with a lower strikeout rate, people wouldn't be down the GM's throat to promote him immediately

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    It's the battle of the postponed between us Jasc.

• Options
    Angry wrote: »
    It's the battle of the postponed between us Jasc.

I'm sorry, but your battle has been postponed.

• Options
    Votto's got his groove. Let the on-base flow

• Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Seriously Strasbourg and Straily are gonna suck for me tonight? Really baseball? Damn it.

• Options
    Angry's bench is dominant

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Angry's bench is dominant

Fucking shitty Twins of course allow a grand slam to lawrie in the top of the ninth, fucking me twice.

• Options
    Toronto fucking owns Minny in their new stadium.

12-3 record

25 to 8 home runs

This discussion has been closed.