As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mlb] Fake Playoffs Now. Real Playoffs Soon.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Making the playoffs is a successful season.

I think you mean "World Series Championship"

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Cubs just hit into a triple play

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Seems like a lot of triple plays this year

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Ok. My team has done a pretty good job of giving me a long shot. If I can either get 2 steals from Gardner, 3 home runs from gardner, or a steal from Gardner and a save from Robertson, I will move on.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Post-All Star Break Brett Gardner has been awful.

And Robertson blows the save to add insult to inury. Go get em, Angry.

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    The Orioles have not lost consecutive games at home since the end of June.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I just assumed a loss was incoming after that Papelbon disaster.

How bad is that matchup between Zen and Hooflord though?

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Who gets to meet the bottom of my boot starting tomorrow?

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

well our pitching was pretty great, minus my home runs allowed

but on offense, he only needed 2 HRs to take that category

it was an awful week on offensive for both of us

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »

well our pitching was pretty great, minus my home runs allowed

but on offense, he only needed 2 HRs to take that category

it was an awful week on offensive for both of us

WOOOO

I SUCKED THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SHIT

Thanks to whoever dropped David Wright for giving me a choice of who to keep at 3rd

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Someone dropped David wright?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Orioles and Nationals can both clinch tomorrow.

He's out for the season and I guess Schide couldn't waste the roster spot. Wright's been pretty meh anyway.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited September 2014
    Holy crap the Astros aren't in last place

callooh callay

Whippy on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

He's out for the season and I guess Schide couldn't waste the roster spot. Wright's been pretty meh anyway.

I was starting Trevor Plouffe over him sooooooo...

He was going to get booted anyway to make room for other keepers. And apparently the Mets weren't going to bother to actually put him on the DL so I couldn't even stash him. Trying to win a championship, hard choices, etc.

Hope he does better for you next year, Goose.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Nationals and Orioles both clinched

I'm so happy

Holy fucking shit the orioles did it. Fuck yes. Oh my god!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    gxUXlFX.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guys. Seriously. I can't even describe what this is. 14 years of losing to see this.

I can't even.

But they made the playoffs two years ago?

Seriously though, congratulations.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not going to post it here but Giancarlo Stanton posted a pic of his face and is pretty brutal.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I kinda hope the Orioles pass the Angels for best record, because I'd rather play the Tigers/Royals than whoever wins the WC.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Ugh, the NL Central is going to give me another goddam ulcer again this year.

While I love that the Brewers knocked off the Cards last night to put the Bucs only 2.5 back, I would almost rather the Brewers get swept so that way they would get pushed even further back behind the Pirates for the wildcard. While I don't want to count Atlanta out, after losing again last night I think they are at least 5 back now and I think you may be able to write them off.

Regardless, lots of scoreboard watching for the rest of the year now.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    I'm fuuuucked

Jake Arieta almost threw a no-hitter again last night. And Soler hit another homer! Yaaaaaay

I'm fuuuucked

nah

I can handle the Orioles winning. They deserve it after so long.

Not that this is a surprise but the Marlins officially shut down Stanton for the year.

I know if I had him I trade him to me for Ben Revere.

Not that this is a surprise but the Marlins officially shut down Stanton for the year.

I know if I had him I trade him to me for Ben Revere.

I'll think about it.

On second thought maybe I'll just drop him, so Goose can pick him up off waivers.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I wish my team had done this well last week

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Angels win AL West, As manage to blow 9th inning to Texas. I've been waiting awhile to say this.

*ahem*

Eat

shit

Oakland.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    you guys just enjoy these precious few years before the cubs become the dominant force in baseball

oh god, I'm going to be insufferable if they win a world series

I already hate this hypothetical me

oh god, I'm going to be insufferable if they win a world series

I already hate this hypothetical me

A world series for me was a Tuesday.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Gonna need my team to do the exact opposite of what it's done all year and give me an offensive explosion over the weekend.

Pitching has been been good, hitting atrocious.

Angry on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh my god fuck off Sean Doolittle I was wondering why the hell I was up 8-3 when I checked late last night but went down to 7-5 today.

Hate playoffs

This discussion has been closed.