As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] I say good sir, may I interest you in a top hat?

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm looking on the wiki, and all I'm seeing are Odanata mods. Are there no Elytron mods at all right now?

It's the wiki... there's always a delay for knowledge to filter down. Then again it wouldn't surprise me terribly much if they simply messed up making them general Archwing mods instead of specific ones.

Edit: Yup, that's it. The mods marked as "Odonata" are actually general Archwing mods that also work on the Elytron.

Kashaar on
    Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    That would definitely be the intuitive assumption.

For me, Archwings are still a big 'why?'

I mean, they're fun or will be fun (ymmv), but why not spend the resources on fleshing out the syndicates or idk anything else.

The solution is add archwing moments to normal mission nodes.

Oh no, hull breach... carry on in your archwing (if you have it) or work against the clock/your depleting shields.

Or if you're on a planet... oh no, here comes one of those grineer gunships/fighters or corpus transports you see on terrestrial maps. Or use it to cross ground on large terrestrial maps.

So yeah, then it would make sense.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    The hybrid ground/archwing mission when you finally get it is actually one of the coolest fucking missions in the game

You start out fighting corpus, then a minute in Vay Hek and the Corpus leader start a slap-fight on the radio and a bunch of Grineer blast into the ship in pods

And the ship is coming apart so you can't extract, so you get shot into space and Ordis deploys the archwing and you switch to that mode

And that mode is pretty cool! There are enemies and objectives not in the normal archwing mission modes including that cruiser that one-shots you that's hella annoying if you happened to go off the (not well marked) path

It's a really cool mission! And also kind of a waste since you only ever do it once.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Speaking of grineer blasting in: You guys notice the new ship-to-ship change in invasions as the grineer?

Your squad piled into a torpedo and gets shot into the corpus ship!

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    That's been around for a while. As long as I've been playing at least. U12 or sooner.

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Really? Whole squad I was with was flipping too.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Speaking of grineer blasting in: You guys notice the new ship-to-ship change in invasions as the grineer?

That's not actually new, it was just rare and depended on the tileset the invasion was at. Been in for a while!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »

That's not actually new, it was just rare and depended on the tileset the invasion was at. Been in for a while!
    It is also possible to get left behind on the grineer ship (which sometimes never loads another torpedo).

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

It's a really cool mission! And also kind of a waste since you only ever do it once.

WHAAAAT!?!!?!

And here I thought seeing the ship your were attacking crumble around you was going to be a regular thing...well at least as regular as assassin attacks or lotus going crazy and ordering you to perform a completely different mission type.

That is super disappointing to hear.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm thinking we'll see it again as the Formorian storyline progresses.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Aw yeah, got the archwing gun multishot mod. Sadly only 30% when maxed.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    because an arcade space shoot 'em up is more fun than a fucking reputation bar or anything that could come from that (or any "refinement" of that). there is nothing compelling about a reputation system. ever. that's the "why." do people really want more boring reskins and rep bars instead of anything remotely creative or new?

anyway they're starting small on archwing so they can get feedback and expand, that's the intent. the base system they've got in now is really fun, especially for people who have played arcadey space shooter stuff in the past and enjoyed it a lot. gonna be great seeing what they come up with for it.

one of the things need to be an archwing for my dog.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    one of the things need to be an archwing for my dog.

Barkwing.

• Options
    In fact, just give me this:

sBlOUrC.jpg

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I'd settle for being able to bring a Helios along for archwing missions, those codex entries aren't gonna fill themselves!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    I'd settle for being able to bring a Helios along for archwing missions, those codex entries aren't gonna fill themselves!

Yeah, you'd think Sentinels would have little problems surviving in space, being flying robots and all.

• Options
    Day of the Dead skins are up. There until Nov 3rd. New skins and batwing shoulder armor this time.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    so my understanding is i should avoid any archwing missions, and just continue doing my normal thing of slaughtering everyting in survival/defense/excavation missions

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    They dropped some hotfixes today that fixed some of Archwing's most basic problems. But yeah, for the most part avoid for now.

Maybe hit up a low-level arch exterminate and snag some drops/rank up your lifters.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    The first couple arch missions are not that bad. You can run them pretty quickly to hunt for arch mods. The Interceptions are an exercise in frustration right now because of horrendous bugs and questionable design.

• Options
    Maybe I'm just lucking out, because even before these latest few patches that fixed up a bunch of stuff, it hasn't been that hard to do interceptions.

Excluding one match where the "destroyed enemy that was capturing a point doesn't properly despawn and captures the point from beyond the grave" straight up went into overdrive and we couldn't hold any points.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    I'm just sad I can't use frame powers in space... I wanna play Limbo in space...

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, as a little hobby whenever I'm trading and someone can't bring enough plat to the table, I often ask for a prime part they can toss in to cover the remainder. Nothn' outrageous or popular, just something they have extra or don't expect to finish any time soon.

As a result, I'm now missing only the carapace on Wyrm Prime. I'm asking around every now and then for it as a WTT request. It is truly stunning how valuable people think crap is when folks try to trade for it. I'm getting a lot of folks that want Elytron parts (plural!) for the damn thing. Ha!

Think I might just wait for someone platless to offer it up on one of my sales.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    The carapace is actually kind of a rare piece in that it's only found in T2 Defense, and only on wave 5.

But yeah people overvalue shit like whoa.

• Options
    Re: Limbo balancing: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/334516-limbo-development-and-feedback/?p=3753352
    DE_Adam, on 28 Oct 2014 - 4:20 PM, said:

With such an unprecedented degree of crowd control on an individual and area-of-effect level finding a good balance between all of his skills Limbo is quite the exciting challenge. He hasn’t been rift walking around the Solar System for very long now, but just like any Update we keep a close eye on all of our new content. When it comes to Limbo’s concept response to his powers has been quite positive, but it’s pretty clear based upon the feedback we’ve received so far that his incredibly unique playstyle requires a few necessary adjustments.

Immediately after launch our team has gathered the feedback you’ve given on Limbo’s design. Taking the criticism that most resonates with the majority of our community directly to Scott, we can quickly put together a list of changes to test on Limbo internally.

Some examples of common feedback has included:
    • Casting animations are too long.
    • Banishing enemies one at a time is too slow.
    • Increased damage multiplayer on Rift Surge isn’t quite good enough to warrant using the ability.
    • Pickups within Cataclysm should be brought within the rift.
    • Banish needs to work both ways, an ‘unbanish’ action should be possible by Limbo.

Naturally between these issues it can be really difficult to find Limbo’s place within a squad, and there has been no shortage of theorycrafting on how Limbo will alter group play. Rest assured, changes are coming. To help you keep track of what we’ve fixed/changed so far, here is the current list. If you have been avoiding Limbo because you experienced one of these issues, it’s certainly worth a read:
    • Banish has already been updated to receive ‘a recast’, but we’re currently thinking about combining Banish and Rift Walk into the same power to help minimize mandatory ability rotations.
    • Rift Surge has now received a casting animation speed boost to help increase its utility.
    • Fixed issues with the Limbo Theorem quest inbox not automatically appearing.
    • Stalker ability cancel ability can close rifts. Prevents people from just using Banish or Tear in Space to avoid being hurt by the Stalker.
    • Fixed issues with Void laser and Ice traps affecting Limbo while Rift Walk is active.
    • Fixed issues with Limbo dropping items like the datamass while activating Rift Walk potentially losing them forever.

We will continue to monitor Limbo as future changes are made to ensure the wondrous master of rifts is able to stand proud in solo and group play. As we make adjustments to our latest Warframe we’ll be sure to update this thread to help better consolidate these changes into a single location for you to read.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Fixed issues with Limbo dropping items like the datamass while activating Rift Walk potentially losing them forever.
    I guess I missed out on some serious trolling.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    It's mostly a pain in the butt if you try to solo stuff as Limbo since you can't be in the void and carry stuff.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's mostly a pain in the butt if you're grouped with a Limbo too since you can't shoot out of a rift from inside, or into it from outside. You can shoot through it to enemies on the other side, but barely see them with all the distortion.

It's like snow-globe-on-infested-defense but all the time.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I can get that one. Did some voids with PAs (I'm a gold fish sorry you two!) here the other day and played him, did my best to not screw them over with random rifts.

On the other hand he is good at makeing huge groups easy to handle since he can void the entier group so they do no damage and then pick them of as they walk out 1 by 1 or just run a round in the void singeling out big targets like heavy gunners, ancients and such.

I havent played with him yet just as him.

LilleDjevel on
    Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    disregard this post, wrong thread....can't find the delete button

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Logged in after a year of absence. Dual Zorens still launch you flying forward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Redthirst wrote: »

Yesss :) Do you need a clan reinvite?

• Options

Not sure I even was in your clan. But I will see if I want to play more of it. The new way that menu works(with the ship and stuff) looks awesome but feels impractical.
    Also, how is the game now? When I left, it was mostly "Craft weapons/frames, level them, and repeat", since gameplay itself wasn't really challenging and bosses were standart enemies with improved stats.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Not sure I even was in your clan. But I will see if I want to play more of it. The new way that menu works(with the ship and stuff) looks awesome but feels impractical.
    Also, how is the game now? When I left, it was mostly "Craft weapons/frames, level them, and repeat", since gameplay itself wasn't really challenging and bosses were standart enemies with improved stats.
    We've got bosses where you have to hit the weak points, space dogs, easy grinding areas, space jetpacks, and T4 keys. PvP is still terrible.

cB557 on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

We've got bosses where you have to hit the weak points, space dogs, easy grinding areas, space jetpacks, and T4 keys. PvP is still terrible.
    Well, this game was never meant for PvP. Also, do you think I can still be viable with my year-old gear?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Describe year-old gear so that me may judge you.

There may be pointing and giggling involved.

• Options

I don't know if you were either, but I know that around this time last year we were still culling long-term inactive people from the PA clan roster when we hit the 100 player limit. By now we've upgrade to a 300 player limit and have yet to hit that, so if you want to join ussss, you'd be welcome to!

• Options
    Describe year-old gear so that me may judge you.

There may be pointing and giggling involved.

Actually, hard to remember. Pretty sure that my primary was Latron Prime. The frame was Ember, though I remember getting Trinity before I left the game. Let me check what my melee is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, the melee is Orthos and secondary is Lex(for some reason, don't remember ever using it).
    Sliding in the ship brings happy memories of pissing people off by rushing my way through the mission, while slashing everything that was close enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Latron Prime is still a good weapon even for end-game stuff, Lex is still a good early-game weapon, I've never used the Orthos, and pretty much every frame is good. The game still works under the "slap enough forma and a tater on anything and it'll be good".

This discussion has been closed.