As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    It's nice to start the trial, just to get your feet wet. Then you can jump back in on your old account. Because no matter what you've trained, you almost assuredly have fitting skills trained.

Sent you a buddy invite: use it to create account. Let me know if you use it and I'll send you 90%.

• Options
    That video seems to be working pretty good

Rookie Help is up from ~1000 or so to almost 3k

And: https://imgur.com/mX26ops

• Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    It's nice to start the trial, just to get your feet wet. Then you can jump back in on your old account. Because no matter what you've trained, you almost assuredly have fitting skills trained.

Sent you a buddy invite: use it to create account. Let me know if you use it and I'll send you 90%.

I do 100% :colbert:

I'll add your name to the OP as someone to PM if you'll do the same!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Long, long ago (Goonswarm vs BoB in Delve days) I was playing EvE in Merch Industrial. I'd kind of like to see what EvE is like nowadays, and would possibly really like to get into some of the PvE stuff like exploration. I haven't much of a yearning to reactivate my old account; I'd like to start over now that there's tutorials and shit. If I did that, would joining Mrchi/goonswarm be problematic? I can't remember enough about that process to know if it'd be derpy.

You can do the tutorials on an established character, if you want to just activate your account again (they'll likely throw free time at you). I think they removed changing your clone's station which would be an interesting problem to have if you were, say, stuck in the galactic southeast or something.

• Options
    I'm playing through the tutorials on a new account at the moment, trying to figure out if EvE is something I want to spend money on again =) If it is, I'll probably activate my main account. Maybe.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    You get one remote installation per year. So you should be good if you resub.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    That's good news. Reasonably positive my main has no ISK or possessions of value having liquidated everything and donating it when last I played, so "leaving shit behind" isn't a concern, hehe.

• Options
    It's weird to take a mission to manufacture a guy 5000 rounds of ammo, gather the materials and start the job only to see that it's going to take 4 hours to complete. Weird, and kind of cool.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    skill points can be worth more than assets, how much time did you have on that character before quitting?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Up to 1.121b isk. Need 1.6b for my first carrier, then ~300m to fit it. Can't wait for this hilarious lossmail.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Goddamn that trailer is so fucking good!

Deadset, leading a fleet of fellow needs is probably the best feeling I've had playing video games

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    AnehiiAnehii Registered User regular
    Why not come back and lead a few more :buddy:

• Options
    New recruitment thread is up here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/194669/eve-online-merch-industrial-recruitment-fleshreaper-training-station

If you have good pictures/videos/stories/etc, POST THEM THERE! On the other hand, please avoid shitting on the game til after the first page or so.

• Options
    Got my Thanatos, was ratting for isk to fit it when I saw a malediction land... just in time for my PC to hardlock. (I think I have video card heat problems.) Ah well. -1 Ishtar.

I really wish the CCP devs that decided shit like "lets make interceptors completely impossible to stop" actually played their own game. That would be nice.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Alternatively, don't get caught.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Also, if there are more than 2 interdictors within 5 jumps, should probably pull it in.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    I really wish the CCP devs that decided shit like "lets make interceptors completely impossible to stop" actually played their own game. That would be nice.

To be fair, an Ishtar can wreck a single Interceptor. CCP did fix interceptors to the degree that they can't be both uncatchable AND have decent long range DPs at the same time. The fits that are impossible to stop are mostly worthless in combat.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    http://imgur.com/a/x5GVc

Guess I'm prolly going to need a new video card.

Might as well sell all my non-amarr ships while I'm waiting for it to arrive, because I won't be needing them any more.

V1m on
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular

Might as well sell all my non-amarr ships while I'm waiting for it to arrive, because I won't be needing them any more.

Sweet Jesus
    ecn46Er.gif

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    I don't care how bad the Pilgrim is, I'm just going to never fly anything other than it and the Curse ever again:

zQLmdrJ.jpg
    8v2jMPO.png

• Options
    dat pilgrim

just gave me a tingle in my happy place

• Options
    Also the new Oracle looks bling as fuck.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I flew both the pilgrim and curse back in like 2007. They remain my favorites (although the pilgrim is still in a poor balance spot and is largely worthless for nullsec).

I'm going to need to see the Curse in space, though. I don't care how shiny it is - if they removed the blue lights from the Khanid ships, I'm going to be pissed

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Also, how is it that the subcaps look so amazing, but the Archon still looks like a drab piece of crap?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    awww... no aeon?

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Huh. No more clone grades, no more alpha cloning poor bastards?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Correct

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Shit, no clone costs is a great quality of life improvement. If only I was actually playing eve.

• Options
    To celebrate I lost 2 days worth of training Friday night.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Looks like EVE is the Midweek Madness on steam, front page says 15% off plex and gametime. IIRC you need to have a steam-based EVE account to buy the stuff though.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    I wonder if you could create a Steam EVE account with a placeholder character, transfer your main over, delete the place holder, and then transfer your other two characters to the Steam account.

It would probably fuck every API you have but might be worth it to have it native on Steam.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    In the category of impressive, yet random, achievements
    we noticed that there is one crazy player that has an open order for 7 years now!!!! Any order expires after 90 days unless you update it...

So this player has been modifying this one order, at least once every 90 days, for the last 7 frickin years!!
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5127474#post5127541

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Drain wrote: »
    I wonder if you could create a Steam EVE account with a placeholder character, transfer your main over, delete the place holder, and then transfer your other two characters to the Steam account.

It would probably fuck every API you have but might be worth it to have it native on Steam.

EVE on steam is apparently really bad, http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2orxxc/psa_do_not_buy_eve_on_steam_even_with_the_discount/ as one of many examples... i personally haven't used EVE on steam so no experience but have heard nothing good from it.

i guess the question is, those are the downsides, what are the upsides of EVE on Steam?

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Heroth wrote: »
    Drain wrote: »

EVE on steam is apparently really bad, http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2orxxc/psa_do_not_buy_eve_on_steam_even_with_the_discount/ as one of many examples... i personally haven't used EVE on steam so no experience but have heard nothing good from it.

i guess the question is, those are the downsides, what are the upsides of EVE on Steam?

This just in, people on reddit are really silly geese and are incapable of independent thought, especially if it crosses the hive mind. In other words, EVE on Steam is just fine if you're happy using Steam. You can even multibox with a Steam account and regular EVE accounts; not particularly difficult. Most of the "drawbacks" are things from years ago that are no longer true.

• Options
    IIRC there are some limitations on character transfers

• Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    I beta tested EVE, but never really got into it (one character has a few weeks /played), but dammit this is always the game that I wanted to play. Life gets in the way.

My question is, is there any way to play this very casually and still contribute? I can probably have it on a second screen while I'm working from home for the time being, and have a couple hours on most nights after kids go to bed, but seems like this game would demand more of me, unless I was an afk miner or something.

What do y'all think?

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    So, you can semi-AFK rat and join in on ops a couple times a week? Sounds perfect.

If you join MRCHI (or any other corp that is part of a major alliance), then you'll have a wide breadth of how much you can choose to contribute. Most corps do expect some minimum level of effort; but that minimum is usually "Log in, and talk to ppl. Occasionally fly with them". While there is certainly the opportunity to dive in and make it the primary focus of your life, and it is very tempting to do so, and really rewarding... there isn't a need to. You can play casually and still contribute to a larger group.

• Options
    Heroth wrote: »
    what are the upsides of EVE on Steam?

I'm curious about this too.

• Options
    onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular

My god, i'm ready to go gay for Amarr. Now i just need to resub and find time to shit up jabber again :(