As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the major question is how and when does goonswarm defend, and how much longer can they sustain morale in the face of what is a near certain defeat

> Near certain defeat
    > Took 6 tries and an exploit to see Goons lose a single fight

... Riiiight.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    KiTA I understand that it's cool to drink the kool-aid but... you don't have to do that here.

This is a safe place where we can be objective and normal and give a fair accounting of the game as it is

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    (Echoes adventures) After a series of lucky encounters I was able to sell off a few quest chains and stepped into a stabber. This thing is a lot of fun. Oh look patch notes... medium cannon tracking speed reduced 15%? Well crap.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    (Echoes) Just moved into our Corp's null space and it's chock-full of laser pirates. So now I'm fitting a Thorax with reactive armor hardeners and EM resists and I'm really looking forward to taking it into anomalies to mess up some rats.

Game's good.

• Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    KiTA I understand that it's cool to drink the kool-aid but... you don't have to do that here.

This is a safe place where we can be objective and normal and give a fair accounting of the game as it is

Just because he doesn't agree with you doesnt mean he's wrong.

PAPIs numbers continue to drop, they avoid more fights than they take and their fleets are taking a shit kicking in delve lately. Goons have the home ice advantage right now and it is starting to chip away at PAPIs morale.

I really wonder how their SRP works, because they are taking some expensive losses lately. Without something along the lines of goon SRP, I wonder how long their average line member can sustain these losses.

Also, ISK earning activities have not really stopped because of that keepstar. Frankly, there is only a slightly more frequent presence of enemies in delve than there was prior to the keepstar. If anything, goons are forming better in response to any fleet and generally pushing PAPI out faster.

• Options
    Comahawk wrote: »

Just because he doesn't agree with you doesnt mean he's wrong.

PAPIs numbers continue to drop, they avoid more fights than they take and their fleets are taking a shit kicking in delve lately. Goons have the home ice advantage right now and it is starting to chip away at PAPIs morale.

I really wonder how their SRP works, because they are taking some expensive losses lately. Without something along the lines of goon SRP, I wonder how long their average line member can sustain these losses.

Also, ISK earning activities have not really stopped because of that keepstar. Frankly, there is only a slightly more frequent presence of enemies in delve than there was prior to the keepstar. If anything, goons are forming better in response to any fleet and generally pushing PAPI out faster.

its not about agree or disagree. there's just information and propaganda. claiming that PAPI is hacking and Actually The Goons Are Winning is just... not supported by reality.

The Imperium is losing this war. They've had 3 regions glassed, they've whelped about 10 trillion isk, we're barely 6 days into the siege of Delve and toasts are already going down uncontested. There is no counter-offensive to speak of. A few fringe IHUBS in Eso... TKE and Malpais totally untouched.

Since it is a game, it doesn't really matter, as long as everyone is having fun, great.

But being aggrieved at me over suggestions that the Imperium is losing is... absurd. There's no shame in it. You're outnumbered 3:1. You're supposed to lose. Your leadership has earned this invasion, and as long as they keep paying for losses... groovy. Let's see how long that keeps up though.

• Options
    It's amusing to see someone try a political-style troll job in a vidya game PVP thread.

Mittens confirmed to be a Russian plant?

• Options
    Man it would be great if PAPI would take equal fights and stop docking up at the first sign of a fight not immediately over balanced in their favour.

I dont mind that we get to save our shit at no cost to ourselves, but it is making for a pretty weak invasion. Even in cases where they have a 2:1 or greater advantage they will disengage more often than not. I really wonder how frustrating that is for their players.

• Options
    not nearly as frustrating as deleting 2t of linemember assets from a sotiyo you're unanchoring 1j from staging 8-)

i bet that's *super* annoying, to have your vendetta build vented into space for no reason at all

i guess thats what you get for building supers in a floodplain....

• Options
    not nearly as frustrating as deleting 2t of linemember assets from a sotiyo you're unanchoring 1j from staging 8-)

i bet that's *super* annoying, to have your vendetta build vented into space for no reason at all

i guess thats what you get for building supers in a floodplain....

You mean that accident that happened and is being dealt with by the alliance leadership? That non-issue? I am sure it was frustrating, but I'm also sure the subject members will be compensated. Shit happens.

You accuse people here of drinking the koolaid, but it seems like you get everything you know from the reddit circlejerk. Or are you just trolling? It is hard to tell.

• Options
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Or are you just trolling? It is hard to tell.

Is it really that hard to tell?

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Eve Echoes update:

New halloween event is out with random anomalies that range from "way too hard for me in my little cruiser" to "cleared instantly by other people". I've discovered the low-sec mining is actually the highest isk/hr activity I can do and it's relatively safe so far. I've pulled about 15m worth of minerals without seeing another ship in my belts, I still pay attention to while mining to warp off if another ship shows up but I bet that I'd get more through afk mining than I'd lose replacing miners. It is a bit nerve wracking to be in low-sec and see 6-7 other people in local that I don't know but no one has ganked me yet and I'm not flying anything that I can't afford to lose.

Current goal is to save up for a Maller and see if I can do the T6+ missions which would be safer and more profitable than mining.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    As someone who jumped miners _on the regular_ for a while, do not trust other miners. A V3 with Rapids equipped can blow you up before you even realize you've been targeted. A cheap warp stab plus a cheap shield extender will get you out of a lot more situations than multiple warp stabs will.

A Maller can _probably_ do T6 missions, but a) definitely no higher, and b) almost definitely not after the mid-November content patch shows up, giving rats a bunch of crazy ewar modules and a lot more aggression.

If you want to get a jump-start on money-makin' and aren't opposed to living that null life, our corp is part of the Querious Coalition and we have a lil' pocket of null space we've reasonably protected with citadels and such, to make null mining/ratting safe and profitable. Apply to Static Rising and tell 'em Scott Scotson sent you. The more the merrier.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Korror wrote: »
    Eve Echoes update:
    New halloween event is out with random anomalies that range from "way too hard for me in my little cruiser" to "cleared instantly by other people".

I was cruising around in my Stabber and hopped into a random Halloween anomaly, got about 3 waves in solo and a suped up punisher hops in, locks me down and destroyed me... 25mil down. So I hopped into my slasher II and went hunting. I found another random Halloween anomaly and immediately received a party invite. It was fun working with someone else for once. I took out the small things and the cruiser took out the big things and when a destroyer showed up they were sent them an invite too. Those anomaly waves get huge real quick. Right at the end we got invaded by another group, all with the same corp tag. I managed to snag a common Halloween box and hightailed it out. It sold for 8 mil, so that was nice.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    As someone who jumped miners _on the regular_ for a while, do not trust other miners. A V3 with Rapids equipped can blow you up before you even realize you've been targeted. A cheap warp stab plus a cheap shield extender will get you out of a lot more situations than multiple warp stabs will.

A Maller can _probably_ do T6 missions, but a) definitely no higher, and b) almost definitely not after the mid-November content patch shows up, giving rats a bunch of crazy ewar modules and a lot more aggression.

If you want to get a jump-start on money-makin' and aren't opposed to living that null life, our corp is part of the Querious Coalition and we have a lil' pocket of null space we've reasonably protected with citadels and such, to make null mining/ratting safe and profitable. Apply to Static Rising and tell 'em Scott Scotson sent you. The more the merrier.

Thanks Imperfect, I may take you up on it but I'm also not sure how much playtime I'll have in the future. With the new WoW expansion coming out, EvE might go on the backburner where I just log in occasionally to mine and train up skills.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Well, if you do decide you want to come back in a little more active way, hit me up. I'm sure we're pretty much always recruiting.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    ... That's the best Vily and PAPI could do?

hahaha. What a bunch of scrubs.

w80lawxrtysc.png

KiTA on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    context?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    context?

Vily tried to headshot Goonswarm's capital and failed, utterly.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Aaaand now, having been headshot right back -- only, successfully -- BRAVE is fleeing the war.
    Slackbot @channel PING “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant And fill him with a terrible resolve.” -Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, following the attack on Pearl Harbor Ladies and gentlemen, by now you've heard the rumours. In a final act of desperation, from the comfort of their dead end, cyno jammed pockets in what little remains of "Fortress Delve", The Imperium has thrown their pets in Initiative to the wolves, in an attempt to slow down the pace of our destruction. Well folks, you are the wolfpack, and Catch is now your hunting grounds. Right now, home is where the war is. We are at BEACON 1 effective immediately, and will be restaging secondary capital hulls and Munin-compatible doctrine ships back to GE-8JV as soon as possible. Everyone here needs to have jump clones, entosis ships, munins, HFIs, and all the rest of our Catch staged doctrines ready to go in GE-8JV, and it needed to be there yesterday. Initiative has had the audacity to make a play on the heart and soul of Brave Collective, our ancestral home of GE-8JV and the cornerstone of the Coalition's defensive posture in Catch. To this, we will answer with the might of a thousand bravelings, and the thousands more that have come before us and built this alliance's Legacy. In 2 days I want to see the Brave of legend and years gone past emerge from our home and carve a path through our enemies in the most swift, violent, and classiest way that I know only you all know how to do. Get fueled, armed and watch for move op pings. We go live in 42 hours. https://i.imgur.com/wMzsZPa.png 2020-12-10 01:53:15 - Shattered Armer TO Announcement

GF guys, see you in 2023 for World War Bee Three.

Edit: Oh snap, I was being snarky, but yeah, they're all fleeing.

Goons and their allies have gone up against the entirety of Nullsec and won. We have won World War Bee 2.

KiTA on
  • Options
    if you squint hard you can see two of my characters laying down the hurt on this dreadbomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaRD2lPDYo

200b evaporated in under 15 minutes

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    200b evaporated in under 15 minutes

God, this is so babby numbers now. Stuff happened, "I was there", etc.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2021
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

So Wednesday, we had a brawl. like 125 titans dead on both sides. Biggest fight in EVE ever.

At the end of it, PAPI decides to logout in space and refuses to log in until Saturday, when the timer is up for the keepstar in M2- we were defending.

They decided to log out. 30% of their super fleet. In hostile space. On grid with an enemy station. Leaving their fighters behind. Without refueling. While they have a friendly station on grid.

So we decided to log back in and bubbled the heck out of the field and started hellcamping the area.

Enter Saturday, when the Keepstar is becoming vulnerable again. Goons form up hours before the timer, because of course we do, with ~5000 goons on grid when the timer gets started. A giant blue doughnut of titans right below the keepstar, all pointing RIGHT at where the trapped PAPI fleet is going to log in. Meanwhile there's thousands upon thousands of Heavy Anti-Capital Fighters in a giant blue cloud.

We start seeing ships preparing cynos above the keepstar. Outside of the range of our titans. But right in the middle of the thousands and thousands of fighters. Meanwhile, 6000+ people have formed up in T5Z.

Cyno goes up. And immediately, thousands upon thousands of PAPI try to jump in... and fail. Many people get stuck in warp. Others fail to warp and land in T5Z. They're the lucky ones.

NCdot and PL realize the stupidity and refuse to jump, leaving TEST et all to eat the brunt of the tactical error.

Over the next few hours we watch as one PAPI titan after another finally lands on grid only to die instantly to fighters. Over and Over again. Tidi is way, way past 10%, closer to 0.001%. I am in a logi and can't do anything, which is fine, because they're literally not shooting back. Even in superpotato mode, I'm getting 1 frame every 15-30 seconds.

We hit 5 or 6 titans dying a second when accounting for tidi. People can't lock them to whore on killmails because they're dying so fast. The Mittani starts the fight calling out over comms every time one dies. He gives up shortly after the first penta-kill that occurred while he was trying to type the broadcast up.

One highlight involves a massive dreadbomb landing on grid just in time to be nuked by a massive Titan AoE Doomsday alpha. The perfect sphere of dread wrecks was hilarious even amongst the chaos.

The final tally?

166 PAPI Titans Lost
    0 (ZERO) Imperium Titans Lost

What's really funny is a lot of them ended up in both M2- (and died) and T5Z (and lived), resulting in odd empty titan killmails and wrecks. Well, these "ghost titans" as they're called? They're still flagged dead, so if they undock... they instantly explode when the server's sanity check activates.

And the real sadness amongst all this?

Vily -- who lost FOUR TITANS on Saturday -- wasn't able to run around looting the field. All those titan and super wrecks, and it all went to Goonswarm.

We're still hellcamping M2-. They've tried 7 times to break out, and haven't gotten out once.

KiTA on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Lost my Erebus in the first M2- brawl. Used a loaner Avatar to be at the second "brawl", e.g. the Turkey Shoot in M2-. Got on a bunch of titan KM's in my Nyx.

One minor correction, it was PGL who lost four Titans on Saturday, not Vily, to the best of my knowledge.

It's easy to blame CCP for the server issues, but that lets their leadership off the hook way too easily. They constantly love to smug when the servers screw up some tactic we try and they should've known better. Vily took the most cowardly position he could, out of range of our titans, to jump in. My guess is his plan was to kill the KS, take some of our supercarriers with him, and moonwalk out. Unfortunately he jumped in to 4500 angry goons, loaded on grid, with our fighter bombers already sitting on top of his cynos. Crippling tactical blunder. I have zero sympathy for the leadership who made this call. I feel for the average TEST/PH line member who followed their leaders in to a brick wall at light speed and lost their titan.

The war isn't over, but we've dealt a crushing blow to their war effort and their morale. They wanted to know where real Delve was, they found it. To the tune of nearly 300 dead titans. Yes a lot of the ghost titans are dead (blowing up on undock) or will die (stuck in the M2- bubbles to be killed "again"). As Brisc is fond of saying, I'm just a line member, so I have no real insight...but my guess is that once PL and NC can extract some of their supers they are going to fuck off. This was a content war for them and the fun times have stopped. TEST on the other hand has no where to run where we can't find them.

e: And yes, my titan is already replaced by the alliance. Gave the loaner back on Tuesday.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Case in point, this guy decided tonight would be a good time to login and see if the camp was still up:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89795110/

Hint: It is.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    my alliance is unanchoring 15 systems in the north and moving to an undisclosed location in the south

fraternity is expanding from 4 whole regions to 6, and has generously paid everyone to leave the area

the next war will almost definitely be to exterminate Frat since absolutely nobody likes them, even their allies

i see a future where all the major blocs play an ongoing game of ring-around-the-universe to pare down each others super fleets in a forrest-fire-esque offensive doctrine until things are back down to a sane level

• Options
    Frat has been laughing the whole time this war has been going on. It's been nothing but profitable for them, with very little skin in the game. The fact that Frat jumped in and only targeted other Chinese titans in the first M2- brawl shows you exactly what this war was to them. A chance for some content while they got fat and rich on the other side of the galaxy.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Calling it now: FRT will buy the golden ticket

• Options
    For some reason, BRAVE are effectively ending their Delve deployment to deal with few minor housekeeping issues in Catch, like the fact it's on fire.

• Options
    legacy chose a really poor alliance to put at the crossroads of their territory...

dreadbomb from the north, but already on the verge of territorial exhaustion, tikle from the east, but timezone limited and basically just there for the memes, simplefarmers from HED, again, for the memes, and the barbarian hordes from Stain... camping brave into their own staging system

no serious territorial threat but brave still has to respond because their entire alliance is predicated on 5-day old players being able to vexor rat in peace, and losing central catch cuts TEST off from its renter-errrr i mean... valued member alliances.

• Options
    You, uh, missed someone from the list of problems BRAVE has in Catch.

• Options
    they get counted when I see that ihub, not before!

• Options
    That's fine, we love being underestimated

• Options
    edited January 2021
    never in my dreams did I think propadanga would reach this level....

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-eve-online-commandos-pulled-off-a-suicide-mission-to-save-170-elite-pilots/

this is beyond galaxy brain spin.. this is trans-dimensional spin

Jasconius on
  • Options
    I dunno, that PC Gamer article seems pretty accurate if a bit dramatized. I guess "spin" now is any sort of news?

• Options
    KharnastusKharnastus Registered User regular
    Hello EVE Merch folk,

I was briefly a member of Merch Industrial in: 2012.12.03 03:56 to 2013.04.16 01:14 (133 Days)

Which totally makes me a veteran right?

Anyhew, on a whim I reactivated my two accounts, and was hoping to get in on that sweet fleet action, but really this is an elaborate way to have an excuse to talk to people about my investments in donut holders.

Submitted app just now

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Spy!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    https://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/U-QVWD

the init deployment has finally begun!

will they be able to take a second system in february? tune in to find out! :thinking: 8-)

• Options
    There is a certain amount of sympathy on the INIT. discord for the situation that BRAVE find themselves in, and a lot of us hope that BRAVE find themselves more useful allies in the future. When Morsus Mihi treated us the way TeSt are currently treating Brave, we walked away from that relationship.

I'll nail my flag to the mast here: regardless of what happens to any structures in Delve, The War Of Vily's Ego will end with everything he has built in ruins. Brave can continue to receive all the value that implies for as long as they choose.