As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Talking [Chat]!?!

19495969798100»

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    my professer was literally like "now remember when you describe an animal's behavior you can never talk about it in terms of wants or desires. You can only describe it in terms of the benefit or consequence the action has on their life history" with the assumption that this person meant "fitness" when they said benefit or consequence in strict genetic model sense

This is the dumbest possible extension of the "we shouldn't use desire speech when talking about entities without drive" ever.

wtf is drive?
    Mental state would be a better phrase, probably. There is a trend to not say things like "gases like to expand to fill a container" since gases can't actually like things.

How do you know? Have you asked the gases?

If they liked filling containers then why is space a near-vacuum

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    desc wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I am looking at different small-d6-pool type games like Lady Blackbird for local players who are new to RPGs because Marvel Heroic was overkill with cute dice tricks for them to do. Going to scale it back and let them just get used to the back and forth of storytelling and thinking of cool things for their mans to do.

bear all the torches

I have great respect for Torchbearer (especially having now seen the physical book -- whoa) but it is not really what they would want to do and not really a vibe that motivates me.

Glamorous people having shiny adventures in pretty and/or dangerous locales and shaping society is more our shared wheelhouse so far, hence why Marvel seemed like a good fit world-wise but maybe not system-wise.

I could do a hundred tabletop RPGs in like, the current modern world with magic - near future with quirks - non-grimdark Sci Fi or some other setting that has that sort of chirpy poptimistic Dreamcast Video Game colorfulworld vibe.

Then do Fate!

Fudge dice not necessary (you can use d6s)

super light system

FATE is definitely on the list as well. I kickstarted it so I have hard copies of core book and two copies of accelerated along with all of the PDFs.

@Casual Eddy‌ and some others I play with are going to do a Fate game based somewhere in the 20s/40s playing B.P.R.D. type characters soon

Gonna be rad as fuck

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Shivahn will create the new thread
    @Echo is backup

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    320484486_XvPLF-L-2.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.