Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

15152535557

Posts

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Also:



    Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite has Mega Man X in it.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    In case anyone hasn't heard yet, Mega Man 2.5D is out and it's pretty good.

    Reynolds
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 20


    I think this looks much better, amusingly without significant changes to the design (lighter color palette, better face, a few redrawn lines). Of course, I said as much on twitter and somehow got into an argument with some guy who accused me of apologizing for this shitty design that will ruin all future Mega Man games forever!!!!1111111

    I can't help but think in response - as opposed to no future Mega Man games at all? :P Honestly it's not that bad anymore, I can live with this design, even if I still prefer the original not-redesigned Mega Man.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    He's still got the huge boots and the worn-on-the-outside superhero underwear, isn't that all that matters? :P

    Kai_San
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The face kinda reminds me of US box art 3-5.

    So this is their second attempt? What did the first look like?

  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Dirty wrote: »
    The face kinda reminds me of US box art 3-5.

    So this is their second attempt? What did the first look like?

    Design aside, I am skeptical about "Hero goes to school" story.
    They did a similar story for a short run comic by Dreamwave and that wasn't good at all.

    In this cartoon his name is Aki Light, with his robot form being MegaMan
    He is also joined by a sidekick called Mega Mini.

    *shoos Roll out the door*

    Riokenn on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    In case you missed it, the Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 DLC is out

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nightslyr
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

    Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

    Enlong on
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 21
    Enlong wrote: »
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

    Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

    They did

    http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

    Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

    They did

    http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

    Why was it re-localized?

    NNID: RockinX. 3DS FC: 2148-9166-6811. In-game name: アルヘニス. SV: 2746
    game%20grammar%20sig_zpsws4nvxb2.jpg
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

    Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

    They did

    http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

    Why was it re-localized?
    For those of you who are not familiar with Japanese Voice Mode, this was a mode that we created for Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 that adds in content that was regrettably removed from the initial release of the 3DS version of the game. Not only does this patch restore the voices to each and every one of the characters, but the entire game has been re-localized to better match with the addition of these voices. This mode also restores ample amounts of dialogue that was previously removed from the game that takes place as Gunvolt traverses each stage.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    RockinXshoeboxjeddyTDawg
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I need to get GV2. Just as soon as I locate my 3DS.

    Did they ever release an update or new version of GV1 on 3DS that contains the missing dialogue and redone script from the Steam version?

    They did

    http://inticreates.com/azure-striker-gunvolt-verison-1-3-adds-japanese-voice-mode/

    Why was it re-localized?
    For those of you who are not familiar with Japanese Voice Mode, this was a mode that we created for Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 that adds in content that was regrettably removed from the initial release of the 3DS version of the game. Not only does this patch restore the voices to each and every one of the characters, but the entire game has been re-localized to better match with the addition of these voices. This mode also restores ample amounts of dialogue that was previously removed from the game that takes place as Gunvolt traverses each stage.

    That makes sense. I thought people had complained about the original localization.

    NNID: RockinX. 3DS FC: 2148-9166-6811. In-game name: アルヘニス. SV: 2746
    game%20grammar%20sig_zpsws4nvxb2.jpg
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular


    Goodnight sweet robo-prince...

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »


    Goodnight sweet robo-prince...

    Blocked by DHX Media on copyright grounds. Mind giving a description of what was so bad?

    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got the patched version of Gunvolt. Yes, this is what I wanted. The improved script, but also the better controls.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 24
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

    Goodnight sweet robo-prince...

    Blocked by DHX Media on copyright grounds. Mind giving a description of what was so bad?

    @H3Knuckles

    Here's a heavily filtered repost of it, presumably to dodge DMCA Man.



    And from what I understand it's airing on Disney XD? So you can draw up your expectations there.

    Donnicton on
    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The mini Megaman in his head isn't green

    -127/4

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    RiokennH3Knuckles
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited March 25
    Donnicton wrote: »
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »

    Goodnight sweet robo-prince...

    Blocked by DHX Media on copyright grounds. Mind giving a description of what was so bad?

    @H3Knuckles

    Here's a heavily filtered repost of it, presumably to dodge DMCA Man.



    And from what I understand it's airing on Disney XD? So you can draw up your expectations there.

    What's with the little gremlin thing in his head?

    Looks like they're taking the "My Life As A Teenage Robot" route of it being a robot boy that powers-up to fight bad guys, which kinda makes sense.

    Kinda wish they'd take a page from The Protomen and the legion of fan-comics preceding them that portrayed it as Rock (or whatever his name will be) was made as a surrogate son/lab partner, and had to convince Light to upgrade him to fight the bad robots (because it gives the character more agency than 'he discovers he's secretly a super hero', '... a child of destiny', or 'has a hidden power'). MS Paint Masterpieces (an old sprite comic that turned into a pretty cool 'novelization' of sorts for the first two games once the author got going) played heavily on Mega Man's strength being his ability to use his analytical skills and creativity (from being designed to assist with experiments and engineering) to adapt acquired robot abilities for different purposes and figure out how to win even when he's outmatched, which makes for great theming and also a positive message for kids.

    Disney XD has the "Star Wars: Rebels" show, and that's pretty cool. Also "Star Vs The Forces of Evil" which was funny the couple times I've seen it. Don't know that that indicates anything.

    Edit: Granted, it'll probably end up like Sonic Boom (the TV show) did, where the initial pitch actually sounded like it had promise, but the actual show kinda stunk. Although, to be fair the two episodes I watched had one or two funny bits. I just don't think anyone was looking for a CGI version of "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" when the show was pitched as a kind of 'travelling the world' action-adventure serial.

    Edit: In which I mixed up the names for "MS Paint Masterpieces" and "MS Paint Adventures" because I never read the latter and those titles are super similar.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Meganize me cap'n!


    Something tells me megaman mini is going to be the voice of reason for Aki, sorta like a conscious while wielding the megaman armor.

    Half the charm of the Megaman story is Rock learning for himself what it means to be human.

    H3Knuckles
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited March 24
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Something tells me megaman mini is going to be the voice of reason for Aki, sorta like a conscious while wielding the megaman armor.

    Half the charm of the Megaman story is Rock learning for himself what it means to be human.

    Yeah, not really feeling the digital gremlin (doesn't his helmet/mask thing remind you of the gremlin from Looney Tunes? I'm assuming that's what @Enlong was referencing with the comment about being green). Guess it's kind of a subtle reference to the 'elves' from Mega Man Zero and (along with being named Aki instead of Rock) the EXE games a little?

    Also, "meganize me" really bugs me. Not like Star Wars' "younglings" which I hate with the heat of a thousand suns, but don't know why they couldn't come up with something less ridiculous sounding. *sigh* It's probably a neologism because this way they can copyright it.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The design doesn't look half bad in motion, and the animation quality looks decent as well (though I'm sure this is probably from the intro, and the actual episodes will look cheaper). But it's my understanding that Disney XD is strictly for kids and doesn't have any crossover appeal to ... older demographics. Oh well.

    H3KnucklesHexmage-PA
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited March 24
    Dirty wrote: »
    The design doesn't look half bad in motion, and the animation quality looks decent as well (though I'm sure this is probably from the intro, and the actual episodes will look cheaper). But it's my understanding that Disney XD is strictly for kids and doesn't have any crossover appeal to ... older demographics. Oh well.

    I'd say Star Wars Rebels is a pretty good show for any Star Wars fan, and what I've seen of Star Vs The Forces of Evil was pretty funny (in part because it was kind of subversive for "magical girl" shows). The network might not aim for crossover appeal, but that doesn't mean the shows don't try for it.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    see317Nightslyr
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I actually think having a kids' action hero whose main power is "gun for an arm" is an odd fit for the times. Yes it's a "blaster" and he'll not be killing humans, just defeating robots. But still...

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "[...]Remorse for everything I've done / my hand's a smoking gun!"

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited March 25
    I actually think having a kids' action hero whose main power is "gun for an arm" is an odd fit for the times. Yes it's a "blaster" and he'll not be killing humans, just defeating robots. But still...

    I don't know that Mega Man's arm buster can be equated to a gun anymore than it could to the energy blasts Starfire launches from her hands in Teen Titans/TT Go. And speaking of TT, Cyborg pretty much has the same weapon as Mega Man. Not really sure what the times have to do with it either; it's been a while since there's been a school shooting spree that got major media coverage, hasn't it? Like Sandy Hook was 5 years ago already. And most of the terrorist sprees in the past several years that I can recall have involved bombs, knives, and/or use of vehicles.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Something tells me megaman mini is going to be the voice of reason for Aki, sorta like a conscious while wielding the megaman armor.

    Half the charm of the Megaman story is Rock learning for himself what it means to be human.

    Yeah, not really feeling the digital gremlin (doesn't his helmet/mask thing remind you of the gremlin from Looney Tunes? I'm assuming that's what Enlong was referencing with the comment about being green). Guess it's kind of a subtle reference to the 'elves' from Mega Man Zero and (along with being named Aki instead of Rock) the EXE games a little?

    It looks like a reject from Wonderful 101.

    PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
    TDawgMagic Pink
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    I've seen some people raging very, very hard after watching that trailer. I'm actually fine with it personally. It's not a show made for the older generation that grew up with the original games, it's an attempt to bring the character into the minds of young kids who will be the ones that keep the Mega Man character alive after we're long gone. I'll probably check an episode of the show out, and see what it's all about.

    Seeing comments (not here, but elsewhere) about this show "fucking Mega Man up the ass" or "driving a stake into the heart of Mega Man" just make me laugh. I've always been of the opinion that no matter what happens, they can never take the original games (from any series, not just Mega Man) away from us. Hopefully the inevitable game tie-in for the show is good.

    steam_sig.png
    B.Net: Reddaye#1566
    LBD_NytetraynH3Knuckles
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I'd be more optimistic if Mega Mini wasn't a thing.

    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
    RiokennReynoldsTim is on the Internet
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    I've seen some people raging very, very hard after watching that trailer. I'm actually fine with it personally. It's not a show made for the older generation that grew up with the original games, it's an attempt to bring the character into the minds of young kids who will be the ones that keep the Mega Man character alive after we're long gone. I'll probably check an episode of the show out, and see what it's all about.

    Seeing comments (not here, but elsewhere) about this show "fucking Mega Man up the ass" or "driving a stake into the heart of Mega Man" just make me laugh. I've always been of the opinion that no matter what happens, they can never take the original games (from any series, not just Mega Man) away from us. Hopefully the inevitable game tie-in for the show is good.

    Agreed, save for the part where they actually use an 8-bit Mega Man sprite at the end -- I don't feel like that was for the young'uns.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
    Riokenn
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    I've seen some people raging very, very hard after watching that trailer. I'm actually fine with it personally. It's not a show made for the older generation that grew up with the original games, it's an attempt to bring the character into the minds of young kids who will be the ones that keep the Mega Man character alive after we're long gone. I'll probably check an episode of the show out, and see what it's all about.

    Seeing comments (not here, but elsewhere) about this show "fucking Mega Man up the ass" or "driving a stake into the heart of Mega Man" just make me laugh. I've always been of the opinion that no matter what happens, they can never take the original games (from any series, not just Mega Man) away from us. Hopefully the inevitable game tie-in for the show is good.

    Agreed, save for the part where they actually use an 8-bit Mega Man sprite at the end -- I don't feel like that was for the young'uns.

    That was Capcom tossing us old fogies a bone lol.

    steam_sig.png
    B.Net: Reddaye#1566
    H3Knuckles
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    I've seen some people raging very, very hard after watching that trailer. I'm actually fine with it personally. It's not a show made for the older generation that grew up with the original games, it's an attempt to bring the character into the minds of young kids who will be the ones that keep the Mega Man character alive after we're long gone. I'll probably check an episode of the show out, and see what it's all about.

    Seeing comments (not here, but elsewhere) about this show "fucking Mega Man up the ass" or "driving a stake into the heart of Mega Man" just make me laugh. I've always been of the opinion that no matter what happens, they can never take the original games (from any series, not just Mega Man) away from us. Hopefully the inevitable game tie-in for the show is good.

    Agreed, save for the part where they actually use an 8-bit Mega Man sprite at the end -- I don't feel like that was for the young'uns.

    I wouldn't be so sure. Kids LOVE pixel art- or as the kids I work with call it, "Minecraft Art".

    DonnictonRex Dart
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So hey, some recent developments, typed in haste from my phone while I wait for my ride.

    Remember Red Ash, aka "RE:DASH"? The game never made its Kickstarter goal for some reason <pause for laughter; continue>, but the anime did! And while that product, Red Ash -Magicicada-, is still underway for release later this year, but the version/prequel/whatever made for the 2017 Anime Tamago young animators event, Red Ash -Gearworld-, has been available to watch online for the last couple of months. No subs, though.

    The two-in-one Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack is coming to Nintendo Switch in August.

    A sequel to Mighty Gunvolt called Mighty Gunvolt Burst is coming to Switch next month and 3DS either at the same time, a couple of weeks later, or a month later. Different stuff from Inti Creates says different things.

    Find out all about it here, but the gist is that this one has a lot more depth and story than the original. No Ekoro from Gal*Gun, but tons of customization. Stars Beck and Gunvolt, and the former can't use his axel absorption, but he can get different weapons and shots. In other words, he's more like Mega Man now.

    Speaking of which, in actual Mega Man news, the Mega Man M.U.S.C.L.E. figures are available now, and ZX & Star Force shirts and patches are coming soon.

    And that's all I've got at the moment. Seemed worth a bump. I'll try to add the trailers here later, unless someone else does first.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    is it magi cicada

    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    IIRC, even/because the Kickstarter for Red Ash failed, they got outside funding to finance it anyway.

    It's apparently due in July of this year?

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Gunvolt on Switch might finally be the way I will play it- I'm bad at playing games on Steam, and my 3DS has a few wonky buttons from its old age so its mostly become a Pokemon machine.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    IIRC, even/because the Kickstarter for Red Ash failed, they got outside funding to finance it anyway.

    It's apparently due in July of this year?

    Yeah, they did though I recall it was from some super sketch place so who the hell knows what is going on with that.

    I did back the anime and just peeking at that video it looks like it's turning out pretty good! Surprised they did not send an update out about that though (even if it's not in English).

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    They were funded by Fuze, which is an actual going concern in China but seems to have an ongoing problem with plagiarism. Granted a lot of Chinese companies do, but yeesh.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    is it magi cicada

    I believe so. Might make sense of some of the imagery.
    IIRC, even/because the Kickstarter for Red Ash failed, they got outside funding to finance it anyway.

    It's apparently due in July of this year?

    Indeed, but I don't think much -- if anything -- has been heard of it since.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Because it went to sleep for a hecka long time but it is about to come back and make loud obnoxious noises, get it? Like a real cicada.

    H3Knuckles
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Gunvolt on Switch might finally be the way I will play it- I'm bad at playing games on Steam, and my 3DS has a few wonky buttons from its old age so its mostly become a Pokemon machine.

    I have the Striker Pack on 3DS, but haven't beat the first Gunvolt because the proximity of the 3DS buttons to one another make games that require something close to precise control difficult. That said, I still found my experience with it incredibly enjoyable and cannot wait to attack it with the Pro Controller.

    PA/PSN/XBL/Nintendo/Origin/Steam names are the same. 3DS Friend Code: 1607-1682-2948
    camo_sig2.png
    Stack Exchange | http://www.mpdevblog.blogspot.com | Q'vehn Tia (FF XIV)
Sign In or Register to comment.