As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Inti Creates revealed Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX for Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETEc3R7bwg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ugh. Gunvolt would be great if you never had to play as Gunvolt

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ugh. Gunvolt would be great if you never had to play as Gunvolt

Well, uh. This one appears to be one mainly starring Copen, so there you go.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 are out today on the Switch, and I hate using the Joy-Con directional buttons for sliding. =D

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    And this is why having half your game downloadable isn't always the best idea

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    At least when he gets his code, he can rest easy that he has 700 years before it expires.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know it's not much of a "protest", but when physical games are 1/2 downloaded, or guarantees I won't buy the physical version at all, and I definitely won't pay full price for the digital version.

• Options
    I'd feel better about the practice if they did the intelligent and consumer friendly thing and put the larger download on the cart itself. I won't assume 100% malice and assume it's shitty coincidence that the front half of the games are smaller than the back half (because of course they would be with a series spanning all the way from the NES to PSX and beyond) and that it makes some design sense to have the front half... well, up front. Still, the front half taking up all the space on the cartridge is 350 megs and the download is 3 gigs. That math just makes you look cheap and incompetent.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    At least when he gets his code, he can rest easy that he has 700 years before it expires.
    This would have been even better:
    7zESsPg.jpg

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    MegaMan 11 is coming out October 2. New trailer, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PAI5JNAT8

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I sure hope I can turn those voices off.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    preorder for 'disable voices' option

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The voice are fine IMO.

Seeing Block Man made me laugh because of the name and design... until he crashed through the roof. That was fucking awesome.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Not a fan of the Wily VA but that Light is perfect.

Mega Man and the robot masters shouldn't talk though. That never ends well.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I didn't find the VA to be so terrible. We've certainly had worse ones for the MM franchises.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    and it was never seen or heard from again

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

How is Gamestop still a thing, let alone a thing that can dictate the market like this?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I dunno. It annoys me though. They are such a POS to deal with. Even if I didn't hate the company, they *often* drop the ball on amiibo stuff like this. *sigh* Their website in particular is just absolute trash. And they are one of the few that does not offer free shipping if ordering online.

Guess I will have to go at lunch and try to pre-order. Better not sell out by then...

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Looking good. The double-gear system makes me think of Aeion Abilities from Samus Returns.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

How is Gamestop still a thing, let alone a thing that can dictate the market like this?

The company is enormous. Even with digital growing they account for a huge percentage of all game sales.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Got my pre-order in at lunch time. At least the guy working at Gamestop was super nice. Just wish the company was not such trash :P

• Options
    For a second I thought maybe they were the same voices they had in Powered Up, but they're not even though they're going for a similar vocal design. I'm just glad they've again avoided the trap of making Mega Man sound like a young girl.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Remember the Voices from MM8?

https://youtu.be/ZW3H8SQGv5o

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    You would have thought they would have learned that talking robot masters with voice lines during combat was kind of a bad idea looking at MM8 and MMX7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaMvjQZRTfw

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Mega Man 11 is looking pretty good. Much better than I thought.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping the difficulty isn't nuts this time.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I hope it's pretty nuts.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    which ones were previously nuts

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I thought 9 had a pretty good degree of difficulty (not too hard, but not easy either). But I can't really speak to the rest of the series: I haven't really played 10 much, I've played 2 so many times that I don't feel like I could weigh on how hard/easy it is anymore, and it's been way too long since I last played any of the others.

But I'm curious how other people feel.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I hope it's pretty nuts.
    Or atleast an option.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    9 was good because it had, bar none, the best set of boss weapons in the series.

and then 10's were pretty universally garbage, IIRC.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Delzhand wrote: »
    9 was good because it had, bar none, the best set of boss weapons in the series.

They were a pretty awesome set, and they did a great job of giving you lots of fun ways to use them throughout the stages. They weren't just an elemental/pokemon-type mechanic for cheesing other bosses, which is how I seem to recall some of the previous games' boss weapons feeling (I wanna say that was an issue with some weapons from the X games as well, but I can't remember any specific examples).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I don't remember whether it was 9 or 10, but one of them had way too much high-stakes platforming over and around spikes for my taste. In particular I remember an obnoxious spot where you had to run on a swinging platform and jump in between some spikes. I could do with less of that.

Good weapons and opportunities to use them, sign me up

Fry on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Fry wrote: »
    In particular I remember an obnoxious spot where you had to run on a swinging platform and jump in between some spikes. I could do with less of that.

That definitely happens in 9. I wanna say Jewel Man's stage?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    So I just got both Legacy collections for Switch, and despite not playing much of the series outside of a few of the X games, I felt confident I could get through Mega Man 1 easily enough...

I had no idea just how goddamn difficult these games are. Sorry to borrow a cliche, but Mega Man is the Dark Souls of 8-bit platformers.

• Options
    T-Danger wrote: »
    So I just got both Legacy collections for Switch, and despite not playing much of the series outside of a few of the X games, I felt confident I could get through Mega Man 1 easily enough...

I had no idea just how goddamn difficult these games are. Sorry to borrow a cliche, but Mega Man is the Dark Souls of 8-bit platformers.

MM1 is easily the hardest of all of them for a number of reasons including but not limited to: Guts Man's opening jump puzzle, Yellow Devil, and a boss rush with no health drops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

MM1 is easily the hardest of all of them for a number of reasons including but not limited to: Guts Man's opening jump puzzle, Yellow Devil, and a boss rush with no health drops.

Part of why MM1 was hard is that it was just made before people realized things like platforms that move randomly are bad design.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

To put this in perspective, there's a reason that when people talk about the "original Mega Man", they usually mean Mega Man 2.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython