As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    I honestly love the PAL box art for the original Mega Man.

wLla7AL.jpg

That is actually pretty good. It's definitely the typical western treatment of a cute cartoony Japanese game character, but it actually looks like the source material.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    ReynoldsbloodatonementKoopahTroopahIanatorMunkus BeaverTamerBillGennenalyse RuebenLBD_NytetraynBahamutZEROEtiowsaIncenjucar
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I was at the SDCC panel where Inafune debuted the Universe trailer.

As one of the dozen of people who bought and enjoyed a Power Up* I was really excited for Universe, and really bummed when it died and took Inafune's career at Capcom with it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    LBD_Nytetrayn
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Just discovered theres a Rush costume for palamutes in Monster Hunter Rise.
    bLqovB0.png

*claps and squeals excitedly at high pitch*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    IanatorMcMoogleDonnictonNitsuabloodatonementKoopahTroopahH3Knucklescooljammer00
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022

As one of the dozen of people who bought and enjoyed a Power Up* I was really excited for Universe, and really bummed when it died and took Inafune's career at Capcom with it.

I wasn't at the panel, but I was definitely looking forward to it, perhaps more than a lot of people.

And Powered Up was so good and does not deserve to be relegated to PSP exclusivity for all eternity. (Ditto Maverick Hunter X.)

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    bloodatonementNitsuaKing Riptor

I wasn't at the panel, but I was definitely looking forward to it, perhaps more than a lot of people.

And Powered Up was so good and does not deserve to be relegated to PSP exclusivity for all eternity. (Ditto Maverick Hunter X.)

My * after Power Up was supposed to tag a footnote that said basically that. But some how I forgot to put it in.
    It's a bummer that with all the various MM collections through the years, Power Up hasn't popped up anywhere else.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    NitsuaH3KnucklesLBD_Nytetrayn
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

My * after Power Up was supposed to tag a footnote that said basically that. But some how I forgot to put it in.
    It's a bummer that with all the various MM collections through the years, Power Up hasn't popped up anywhere else.

I assume Oil man is a big reason why.
    Or some weird Sony deal

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Aah, I hate weird Sony deals.

If it really was Oil Man, it would be great if they could do the Archie thing and had him wear his bandana over his face.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    H3Knuckles
    edited May 2022
    Or just change his mouth.

Or swap him for Dos MM3 Oil Man

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    LBD_NytetraynMechMantis
    bloodatonement
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    My Mega Man tune every day:

https://youtu.be/o2QOJDWErPc

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    bloodatonementH3KnucklesLBD_Nytetrayn
    So, if you're into Battle Network multiplayer, this may interest you:

IanatorH3Knuckles
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    H9f4bVe.png
    H3Knuckles
    H3KnucklesMechMantisBahamutZERO
    I watched this earlier, and it pretty much matches my own thoughts on the two games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilY8OqDJK2A

The original Xtreme was decent, if not good for what it was and for its time, but in this day and age, offers so very little beyond a couple of unique bosses and a dab of lore. Meanwhile, the sequel just goes all out with new stages, new attacks and patterns for the Mavericks, new weapons, a more involved story, and just... well, if they hadn't decided to reuse the 8 Mavericks, it just could have practically been a whole new game, Mega Man X3.5 or something.

Incidentally, when these came along, I was a little disappointed that they didn't adapt the MegaMissions cards, since those took place between games the way MM GB games do, and bring back past foes, but they had updated designs that were neat. The long tusks on Flame Mammoth was always a favorite of mine:

lgkshb3082tw.png

OneAngryPossum
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Haven't watched the video yet, but I'd like to say I'll always give Xtreme 1 credit for being the only videogame where having Spark Mandrill's weakness doesn't just make him a complete joke.

LBD_Nytetrayn
    I thought that Maverick Hunter X fixed that? No? It's been a while since I played, so I'm not sure, but I thought he got more recovery time or something.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought that Maverick Hunter X fixed that? No? It's been a while since I played, so I'm not sure, but I thought he got more recovery time or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKmBhUizYY

Nnnope. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    ViskodAndy Joe
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I used to always do MMX1 in the order of Chill>Storm>Flame>Spark>Armor>Rolling>Boomer>Sting. Mainly because I wanted to front-load my upgrades, getting 3/4 of the body upgrades in the first 3 levels, along with half the sub-tanks. Then one day, I was bored, and decided to do the exact opposite order, taking on most of the bosses in a much weaker state than I would usually face them in, and having no dash-boots and no weapon they were weak against.

Spark Mandrill was the biggest surprise, as I had forgotten what it was like to actually fight him and not just stun-lock him to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKmBhUizYY

Nnnope. :)

Well, shut my mouth and paint me red.

Well, speak of the devil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqX4ZlXzuU

H3KnucklesKoopahTroopahIanatorHexmage-PA
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I kinda wanted to see them add Dr. Light to DiVE with the Hadoken and Shoryuken as his attacks for an April Fools day joke or something, but then they actually added Ryu (and Chun-Li and Akuma) as part of a Street Fighter V promo. So now instead I'd like to see them add Wily, Cossack, or Kalinka to the game with skills based on their only other playable appearance: Rockboard, the real estate tycoon board game on the Famicom.

Well I'll be damned.

homogenized on
    DelzhandIanatorbloodatonementH3KnucklesDonnictonLBD_NytetraynHexmage-PA
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Dr. Light for Street Fighter 6.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    McMoogleLBD_NytetraynKoopahTroopahhomogenized
    Hexmage-PAIanatorAndy Joe
    edited June 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSLCPk50iyQ

Oh yeah. $3.99 per game, or $39.99 for the whole thing? I'm grabbing a handful, at the very least.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    KoopahTroopahH3Knuckles
    H3KnucklesKoopahTroopahAndy Joe
    Yeah, I'm not even a fan of Smash, but I think MM deserved a spot more than any other 3rd party character.

ReynoldsHexmage-PALBD_NytetraynDonnictonExtreaminatusMunkus Beaver
    I'd argue Sonic, but more in an even match than one deserving it over the other.

Having both is just golden, though.

edited June 2022
    The reveal trailer for Mega Man was great, too. Still one of my favorites from Smash Bros.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    KoopahTroopahLBD_NytetraynReynolds
    I'd argue Sonic, but more in an even match than one deserving it over the other.

Well, I feel like originally, Smash was a celebration of all things Nintendo. Even though MM is Capcom, I feel like MM is one of the defining series of the NES/SNES days. And in turn, it's the NES/SNES releases that define MM. As much as I like Snake, I felt like his inclusion was a serious stretch. Sonic is a little easier to justify, because even though I don't associate his games with Nintendo, the Mario vs Sonic rivalry is a part of that early Nintendo history.

Of course, now I feel like they'll throw just about anybody in there as long as they can get a good deal on the rights.

LBD_Nytetrayn
    Dirty wrote: »

Well, I feel like originally, Smash was a celebration of all things Nintendo. Even though MM is Capcom, I feel like MM is one of the defining series of the NES/SNES days. And in turn, it's the NES/SNES releases that define MM. As much as I like Snake, I felt like his inclusion was a serious stretch. Sonic is a little easier to justify, because even though I don't associate his games with Nintendo, the Mario vs Sonic rivalry is a part of that early Nintendo history.

Of course, now I feel like they'll throw just about anybody in there as long as they can get a good deal on the rights.

Dude was part of the N Team.
    bl82pxzpg0u2.jpg
    n3110v2t3dgp.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    DonnictonLBD_NytetraynH3KnucklesAndy JoeMunkus Beaver
    Dirty wrote: »

I agree, though MG, Snake's Revenge, and Ghost Babel made Snake's inclusion easy enough for me to swallow. But even then, Mega Man and Sonic are both better candidates for the reasons you state, IMO.

H3KnucklesAndy JoeOneAngryPossum
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Too much color, needed to be more sensible like Mario 64.

steam_sig.png
    H3KnucklesDonnictonKoopahTroopahAndy JoeMunkus BeaverLBD_Nytetrayn
    NitsuaIanatorDonnictonkimeAndy Joe

Pulled him in the Steam version just earlier this week, but hey, that's great.

These are awesome. I'd love to have stuff like this (finished, of course) decorating my place.

H3KnucklesIanatorAndy Joe
    PolaritieAndy Joe
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Did that count the PC one? (Thanks GDQ for some truly obscure crap)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Did that count the PC one? (Thanks GDQ for some truly obscure crap)

I had those on floppy. Picked them up from a drug store as a kid.

I did a let's play on the big MM Let's Play thread like 15 years ago.

Zdy0pmg.jpg